Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 214 ]  [ Total: 214 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Types of Nudist Recreation
 Resorts or clubs that require or enforce nudity
 Completely Nude Resorts - Clothing not an option
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: How do you feel about resorts that require nudity?
Page: of 6

HappyDaz
Forum Member

Posted - 01/25/2009 :  2:02:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As other posters have observed, resorts and clubs have to walk a fine line on this issue. Most resorts and landed facilities insist that you be nude in the pool area. Otherwise it's C/O. And I agree with Calicp1191 that folks should be given a chance to ease into social nudity. It's a big step for first timers and shoving them into the deep end, so to speak, is not the way to go.

On the flip side, I had a similar experience as the one Fireprof has shared. We were at Cypress Cove and went to the restaurant for drinks and dinner one night. We were the only people there that were nude. I felt like I'd just walked in to a textile restaurant, it was like a bad dream. It wasn't a big deal but I did feel a bit awkward being the only nude couple there.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 01/31/2009 :  12:24:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think its the clubs decision but I think folks should be allowed a couple visits to get comfortable with nudity within a group but I also think that the pool and hottub should be nude only, and on a hot day it will intice a person to become a nudist faster. But over the years I have seen clubs where the regular members were allowed to break the rules and be clothed when a visitor was not allowed that option.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 02/09/2013 :  06:42:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had gone to cypress cove in florida long ago for a free promotional tour/visit when I was first experiencing nudism, and while the tour I was not asked to be nude after that I was welcomed to remain on property for rest of day free of charge so I stayed and walked around just checking place out, I had on just a bathing suit and sandals. When I was approaching one of the entrances to the pool area a female staff was there and nicely stated to me if I want to enjoy the pool area I must be nude but everywhere else on site was basically c/o. I didnt mind what she said nor was I upset over it, I simply said ok took my clothes off and she said, ok come on in. I used to love cypress cove being the staff could also work nude unless they were serving food etc.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 02/09/2013 :  8:34:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clubs and resorts continually go against their own rules and policies to keep people coming and staying.

Doning clothing or covering for obvious reasons should not get the "clothing police" after you at a nude resort. A wise nudist woman stated many times ... "nude when possible, clothed when practical." THAT is what clubs and resorts "should" use as their policies ... but many times, they will not enforce their own policies in hopes not to offend guests and have them leave the property.

I've only seen one owner of a nudist club tell several people that "they are welcome to stay but that this club is a nude club and they'd either have to undress and join in or they'll have to leave." This was following a nude/clothing optional event. The event, which invited the general public to attend, had ended and the owners had allowed some milling about by those but then decided ... they'd had enough of a "look" and either had to join in or depart. I thought that was appropriate and in keeping with the club's policy. Not many club and resort managers/owners will do that. Afraid of losing money from someone already through the gates.

There are plenty of C O places and I think you should visit those if you're not ready to be "nude when possible, clothed when practical."

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 02/09/2013 :  11:47:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sailawaybob

But over the years I have seen clubs where the regular members were allowed to break the rules and be clothed when a visitor was not allowed that option.

I've always found that kind of double standard to just be...sinister. It reminds me of a caste system; "newbies" HAVE to be naked, whereas members and residents have "graduated" to C/O or clothed. What kind of message does that send? You have to "earn" the right to cover up? Seriously?

When I was a resort-goer, I did have a preference for "nude everywhere" resorts. It sort of cut through the question marks and the "fear factor" by letting you know that: "Yeah...you're eventually going to have to take all your clothes off." That actually worked very well for my x, because it forced her to confront her body issues more directly. As a family, it worked very well for us because it allowed us to dispense with a lot of the "visitors' formalities." It allowed us to just toss our clothes in the car in the parking lot and not worry about coverage at any point during our visit, which made for a more "fully nude" social nudist experience.

But yeah; that approach is not for everyone. Some people never "get there", while some people take months/years before they can go for the fully immersive route, where they can be completely ok being completely nude from the time they set foot on the resort to the time they get ready to leave. If that's not the case, then there's always the C/O resort.

But as FP mentionned, a good manager/owner knows what ""nude when possible, clothed when practical" means, and understands that newbies sometimes need some leeway. Even when it is a nude-nude resort.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2013 :  11:30:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How true ...

Our club is notorious for this type of activity. We even have "covered" residents and regulars, turning in the covered guests and visitors! It boggles the mind why ... even nudists don't mind their own business and take care of themselves ... but, I guess, as they say ... "a good defense is a good offense!" Take the focus off yourself and put it on someone else.

As long as we decline in numbers and clubs and resorts continue to make less and less, break even or lose money ... the rules will continually change and I see many of our "nude-nude resorts" going C O and that's really too bad because it won't be long before it'll be frowned upon to be naked at a nude resort!

nudist2011
Forum Member

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  09:33:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have to wear clothes at a nudist resort. Why go you can stay home and be nude.

Fred R. Rome, New York

MTBnudist
Forum Member

Posted - 05/29/2013 :  10:09:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have never been to a nudist resort/campground that wasn't clothing optional. I really wouldn't mind not having the option of clothing, I usually stay naked the whole time anyway. But I do believe there are some exceptions for when you should be allowed to put something on, like when it gets cold at night or if you get a sunburn... other wise why bother go if your going to keep getting dresses, that's just weird...

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2013 :  8:06:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i've been to several completely nude resorts and several clothing optional and to one where folks are in the pool and spa wearing bathing suits so i'll go with the completely nude resort anytime and yes if its cold you can coverup. i never understood why someone would be clothed except for maybe a newbie but i always thought the idea was to be free from clothes.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/31/2013 :  03:54:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It never makes any sense. I visited a "nude" club today. It's not a clothing optional club, it's a "nude" club. You are expected to be nude, weather permitting. That's my kinda club!

There were several "residents" out and about and guess what ... they were dressed! One guy ... completely dressed! It was 85 today! And yet, several residents were dressed. Makes no sense at all.

I met a woman at the pool that had just moved to this club, from another club. While we were talking she said ... "I just like to be nude, I hate wearing anything. If I didn't have to leave and do things ... I'd never wear clothes again." She left the pool deck and 5 mins later ... returns wearing shorts!

I just don't get it ... I guess! hahaha

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 05/31/2013 :  10:35:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FireProf

She left the pool deck and 5 mins later ... returns wearing shorts!

That sounds like what I call "stationary nudism." It's people - usually women - that are nude usually only to lay by the pool or take a swim. I've seen women at the resort that wore a sarong to walk to the pool area, took it off to lay down, put it back on to go talk to someone outside the pool area, took it off again after returning to the pool, put it back on to go do something else, etc and so on.
There was a late teens at the resort once that was virtually dizzying. She was in and out of the pool constantly; and would put her t-shirt back on every time she came out...on and off and on and off continuously. Finally an acquaintance of hers showed up and whisked her away to the other side of the pool; before she got a chance to put her t-shirt back on. With her t-shirt out of reach she just stayed nude.

This "stationary nudism" I think is still a form of self-consciousness. I've been told that the self-consciousness is directed at the moving body parts (or bouncing parts) that naturally occur when moving nude. It tends to eventually subside though as being in and out of an article of clothing eventually becomes impractical.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/01/2013 :  12:14:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah ... we have lots of those at our club. The ones that kill me are the females that come to the pool deck in belly chains, short, short pareos that actually cover NOTHING, high heels ... they take it all off to lay out, put the high heels on to walk over and get in the pool. Then get out, put the heels back on and go over to their lounge, only to put all that crap back on to go to the bathroom! It's so obsurd that the Prof and I just laugh at them now.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 06/02/2013 :  09:08:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Why patronize a nudist resort if you're going to wear clothing? Ummmmmmm. I'm not going to pay $30 for a day just to wear something at a nudist resort.

Maybe some women wear slight things to tantalize the men? I would hope not. It does sound odd to hear some of the observations. I believe it is true that if you wear just a tiny bit, it can be more provocative than being completely nude.

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/02/2013 :  09:57:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's a possibility:

We've met several couples, since going social, that are "in this for the fun." They like to say that they are progressive and open to trying new things and can tell their friends, family ... whoever, that they visit "nude" places. Some of them have even said that they do it to "spice up their love life." That their wife or husband gets so excited after seeing naked people all day, they have amazing sex afterwards. I guess you could say ... they are at least honest.

Do we, they ... still classify them as "nudists" for the sake of discussion? This attitude "may" be in more "nudists" than we know but that certainly wasn't the intent or philosophy in the beginning or with the hardcore "nudists/naturists" that continue to try and keep this lifestyle alive and well. Are they just a "different" type of nudist? Is what they are doing ... nudism? It's a question we all have to answer for ourselves and maybe ... there's no right answer.

The problem lies in these issues and many others; ... if we continue to allow clothing at nude resorts ... it is possible that the clothed will outnumber the nude, then it ceases to be a "nude" venue. If we don't curtail the "sexual" atmosphere or environment of social nudity and keep "it" (sexual atmosphere/environment) in it's place ... the lifestyle ceases to be "family" oriented. If we continue down this path and not put some limits onto what is allowed AND enforce the rules of the club and resorts by instructing those wearing clothing that that is NOT the intent of the club/resort and if they feel the need to be dressed, they must leave the club or go back to their residence, then we will lose those that go there just to be nude and we will not attract any "NEW" people to come and visit. Sure, we'll have new people come but never get naked and only come to see "others" naked.

At the same time ... hardcore nudists/naturists must continue to patronize these clubs and resorts. They can not survive without members and visitors. I've introduced 3 new people to our club but how many have we lost because of the unenforced policies and our club's willingness to look the other way when members, residents walk around in clothes all day at a nude club.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  01:53:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A woman I've known for many years recently discovered that I had visited a clothing-optional resort that she was interested in. As a first-timer, she is understandably a bit apprehensive and self-conscious. I was able to assure her that the specific resort was indeed clothing-optional, and that her choice to disrobe or not would be respected. My question is, given the courage it takes for many people, women in particular, to try social nudity, does it make any sense to REQUIRE a first-timer to be Naked On Arrival? I think tolerance of a more gradual approach makes it far more comfortable for 'new recruits'.

Page: of 6 Topic Next Topic: How do you feel about resorts that require nudity?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.44 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved