Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 483 ]  [ Total: 483 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Types of Nudist Recreation
 Resorts or clubs that require or enforce nudity
 Completely Nude Resorts - Clothing not an option
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: How do you feel about resorts that require nudity?
Page: of 6

calicpl1191
Forum Member

Posted - 06/14/2004 :  1:11:20 PM  Show Profile  Send calicpl1191 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The wife and I, being fairly new to nudism, were grateful for clothing optional resorts. If it weren't for the relaxed attitude at the resort we finally joined, we wouldn't have ever gone there. We called several resorts (Glen Eden being one of them) that had a strict rule of "once you cross the gate, you must be nude". This applied to the welcome tour as well. Having never been a nudist before, my wife was sternly against it. The resort we finally joined is clothing optional, with the option to be nude or clothed on the welcome tour. This made her feel more comfortable, which was a positive step in her becomming a confident nudist.

I feel that there are a lot of couples who have never tried nudism because of the fear of "instant nudity". Has anybody ever thought that by relaxing the rules and letting people take it at their own pace, maybe more people would accept the idea of nudity? Maybe it's the "in you face" attitude that scares most people away. The whole idea is to relax and be free to be yourself, isn't it?

I find it ironic that nudists as a group, who are supposedly open-minded enough to be able to co-exist together in the nude, are so closed minded to allow an individual the choice to be fully or partially nude, depending on his or her comfort level.

Just my opinion...didn't mean to offend anyone...

NudeTLH
Forum Member

Posted - 06/14/2004 :  3:06:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Obviously it is a combination of personal preferance and practical common sense. If its cold, put something on.

My preference is a resort which requires nudity virtually everywhere. Too many clubs are clothing optional which means a lot visit, stay dressed, to see what goes on in a resort where some of the people are nude and most have some sort of coverup. Keep the nude resorts for the nudists. When I have to wear clothes, I go to work. :)

Al

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 06/14/2004 :  3:29:17 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
calicpl1191,
I have to agree with your position. Having nudity be an absolute requirement really defeats the purpose of freedom. The whole thing is all about being comfortable and being comfortable with yourself and others. Individuals should decide for themselves what that level is or develops into. It's easy enough for those in charge to determine when people are not visiting to explore the possibility or to acclimate themselves to the nude climate. I think they could and do, have some limits as to how many times a person can visit without participating.

Randy

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 06/14/2004 3:31:15 PM

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 06/14/2004 :  6:13:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was like Calicpl1191's wife. I would never have become a nudist if I had to become nude right away. It took me a while to get my nerve up to go nude. The other nudists wer friendly enough to understand my initial embarrassement and to not make me rush into things. The first resort my husband and I attended had the rule of complete nudity in the pool only. There are times in which you will have have to have some sort of protection from the elements, like when it is cold and rainy, or you are getting too much sun. I think restricting some areas to complete nudity is a good idea. I also think that people new to nudity should be allowed to gradually adjust with in reason. People shouldn't be allowed to join the club and just watch everyone else go nude. It shouldn't take more than a visit for someone to decide whether nudity is for them or not.

Kim =^.^=

james423
Forum Member

Posted - 06/14/2004 :  10:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree -had my wife first gone to a resort where nudity was required, she never would have initially started. She was able to go & wear a bathing suit while I was nude. Eventually she removed the top & it took a while for her to remove the bottom. Had she felt pressured, she would never have gone nude in the first place. Nudity required resorts can be OK, but there's definitely a place for clothing optional resorts.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  01:55:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Though I agree with most of the posts here on a clothing optional choice, I also understand the concern by many nudists that are seeing a trend at some parks/clubs of the members and visitors being dressed more than they are nude.

I visited a club last January. The weather was not hot but was nice enough to be nude, around 69-71 degrees. The sun was out and most of the people there were dressed, some fully dressed.

When I went inside the club house to eat my lunch, almost everyone inside was dressed except for a couple of topless women and a nude woman and me. There was probably a dozen others in there dressed. I am at a nudist club sitting amongst nudists and feeling uncomfortable because I am one of the only ones nude.

I am all for an adjustment period and the need for cover from over exposure to the sun but think if weather permits, you should be nude at a nude resort.

Dave
Forum Member

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  06:22:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I prefer C/O resorts to totally nude resorts just for the fact I hate to be told what to do!We don't like to go to the textile beach cause we are told to wear clothes,I won't go to a nude resort cause I'm told I can't wear clothes!I can decide for myself!!I have done a lot of service work(HVAC)in a big resort in Lutz Fla.,and everytime I went in the gates the home owners were clothed,they didn't want me to be uncomfortable while I was there.Even though they knew I belonged to AANR and a Naturist also.More of a courtesy to who ever was going to their home.Dave...

calicpl1191
Forum Member

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  09:07:33 AM  Show Profile  Send calicpl1191 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Exactly Dave. It should be a persons choice. It's bad enough that society teaches us that we MUST be ashamed of, and therefore cover our bodies, but at a nudist resort (which preaches freedom, comfort, and individuality), it's irionic that we are told that we MUST be nude. Logic would dictate that at a nudist resort, people would go there to be nude anyway. But how about letting us decide for ourselves what our own comfort level is, huh?

True, I'm sure that there are those who come to a nudist resort with no intention of being nude, but to instead just want to gawk at those who are, but there are bad apples everywhere you go. Thats why we chose a nudist resort over a nude beach. A resort has a higher level of control over who is, and who isnt allowed to enter.

Its bad enough that society tries to dictate how we live, but please, don't try to tell me how to be nude...

Again, these are just my opinions...didn't mean to offend anyone.

Cali...

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  3:23:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cali,

think you are right. unless you go with a group that chases away gawkers, resort is better. also is better for those who have fair skin (shade), children (rest rooms, showers, snacks), and are pretty much on their own.

plus there are many resort folks who also go to the beach as a group.

PapaShug
Forum Member

Posted - 07/30/2004 :  1:50:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know these resort rules are the result of the club's membership make-up and past history of the club and other clubs or organizations and pressure to "grow the business". I've talked to several resort owner's and I know it's a delicate balance sometimes. People try to find the middle ground that makes the most sense at the time. Most rules have the obvious health and safety implications, some rules are purely business decisions and other rules are the result of law. The rules you protest or contest are the rules that hopefully define the make-up of the members and I think we see some of those rules in flux. I think those rules are always in flux, especially when I see some of the old black and white nudist photos

Most of us would jump naked from the car as soon as we put it in park. We would stay naked day and night until we had to get back in the car. My wife and I try to be naked every moment we can on our resort trips. We have seen a number of couples with a naked spouse and the clothed spouse, the topless only spouse, the running shorts spouse. After a while you get the idea that someone has made a compromise or has the need for a very long acclimation period. I believe people can live down to your expectations as well as live up to your expectations and the rules let you know which is which.

I've tried to read as many published rules for AANR clubs as I can find and I've tried to talk to long time nudists about the history of our "phenomena". I've heard stories to make you laugh, cry, shake your head and curl you hair. I've learned the etiquettes and observed the pecking orders. After all this I stand back and watch a social process still in it's infancy, capable of incredible growth.

While the rules are the rules at whatever resort, I'll abide by them. If I don't like the rules, I'll vote with my wallet.

Finally, if ever we should have a differing opinion, I'll defend your right to express it, naked, with the arm from a broken lounge chair.

PapaShug

Bilby
Forum Member

Posted - 07/31/2004 :  03:41:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Naturally, any club has the right to make it's own rules and i can understand how some nudists woul dfeel more comfortable being around only nude people.
Having said that though, I much prefer the clothing optional ethic. I've never been to a club, the only place I've been socially nude is the nude beach, which by nature is clothing optional rather than mandatory nude. Probably 75% of people there were nude, while others chose to wear very little, and a few kept their shorts and shirts on. That's fine by me. I don't have a problem with them choosing to keep some form of clothing on, and they obviously didn't mind me being nude because they wouldn't have been there if they did. I think nudism s about tolerance. I don't think anybody should be made to feel emabarassed one way or the other.

PapaShug
Forum Member

Posted - 07/31/2004 :  3:14:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bilby. I get your point. I'm a resort and camp nudist who has never been on a nude beach. I appreciate your perpective on nude beaches.

PapaShug

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 07/31/2004 :  8:19:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PApaShug,

what folks forget is that organized nudism is still a relatively new lifestyle.

the gradual approach is to allow a longer acclimation period for newbies;
it alos allows a certain grace period for young teens in the transitional phase of puberty. but nidity still mandatory in the water and sauna.

and i feel the same way about taking clothes off before the car completely stops. and when i have to put them back on, feel like i am going back to the UNcivilized world.

nudeman72
Forum Member

Posted - 09/22/2004 :  06:44:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IMHO:

Official rule: "Nudity mandatory"

Unofficial rule: "...as weather, temperature, and comfort level of 'nubies'
permits."

This might help to prevent a "gawker"- or "morbidly curious" atmosphere that may be present at "clothing optional" facilities. (I've never actually been to one; I'm basing this assumption on what I've experienced at beaches.)

But then again, nudism is complex stuff: Some so-called gawkers may just be curious- and shy- before eventually "joining in"- after a period of "getting used to the idea"...)

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 01/25/2009 :  11:18:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by calmnude

PApaShug,

what folks forget is that organized nudism is still a relatively new lifestyle.

the gradual approach is to allow a longer acclimation period for newbies;...

If by 'relatively new' you mean since the 19th century, I'd agree.

As one whose social nude experience, like Bilby's, extends only to beaches I cannot claim any great insight into the 'organized' aspect. But the tolerance which makes possible a nude beach - that I can speak to. From a rational point of view, swimsuits are indefensible and aside from a sensible approach to sunburn, I can't see a reason for textiles at the beach. But not everyone has that mindset, and so I accept that there will be those who will end up with tan-lines. Too bad for them.
Gawkers, so long as they merely look in curiosity, are more to be pitied than feared. Of course, my appearance will never put me on the cover of Playgirl, and it has been years since I had delusions of hanging out with fashion models who might warrant leers in our direction. So others may differ with me on the gawker point. We all can vote with our wallets.
For myself, I enjoy sand and surf more than a pool or petanque; so I doubt I'll spend much time at clubs or resorts. But I'll side with those who object to strict regulation vs. common-sense guidelines. Live and let live works best.

Peace,
th 'ol hippie

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

Page: of 6 Topic Next Topic: How do you feel about resorts that require nudity?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.39 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved