Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 206 ]  [ Total: 206 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Types of Nudist Recreation
 Which nudist category is right for you?
 How often are you fully nude at home?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: When do nudists feel naked?
Page: of 62

aquizinaga
Forum Member

Posted - 04/18/2008 :  08:37:41 AM  Show Profile  Click to see aquizinaga's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
When I am home I am usually nude. I rent the basement apartment from a female friend and she knows that I am a nudist. I never lock the door and there are many times that she sees me nude. About the only time that I dress is when I go upstairs to socialize with her. Since this is her house I will not impose my lifestyle on her. Also she has a 10 year old boy which I also dont tell about my lifestyle. He comes downstairs to "get away" and play Nintendo from time to time during which I am wearing shorts. There have been a few times when he has come down while I was in the shower, and I would come out of the bath room nude. I just go to the bed room and get dressed. Nothing is ever said nor does it need to be.
My friend knows that I visit the nude beach and I have joked about taking her there sometime but she has yet to come along, and this not something that I will bug her about. If she wants to come she will decide for herself when she is ready ..... if ever.

smoothNtanned
Forum Member

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  12:04:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The title of this forum is "How often are you fully nude at home". It started as a poll, dealing with percentage of time spent nude at home. I tried to read most of the comments, but ran out of energy. Whew! Very popular forum.

From my understanding, 'often' deals with frequency, not duration. Some will argue this is just semantics, but not necessarily so. If I were to answer the question properly, I would have to indicate the number of times I stripped naked during the day. What if I never put clothes on in the first place upon arising (now that is quite often)? Would the answer be zero for that day?

Oh well, I guess it is intended to be a colloquial usage of 'often', such as a substitute for 'usual' or something similar. Ah ha! So my answer is, so far, the amount of time I am nude at home is variable from day to day.

Now, does 'at home' mean just in the dwelling, or is it inclusive of the property itself? For me, home is the total package, a house on an acreage at present. If it were, say, an apartment, one perhaps would elect not to include the total structure and property (unless very bold!).

"Fully nude" I understand. Wait a moment. How about my glasses and wedding band? Sandals or slippers, especially outdoors? Dare not mention lotions...........

Well now, I sleep nude (wedding band is always on, so not quite totally naked). But hold on: as needed, sheets and blankets come into the scene. Yikes, now I've got two questions. Firstly, I am not wearing clothing, but if I am covered even in part, am I really "fully nude"? Secondly, does sleeping so-called nude even count towards the total time nude during 24 hours? Another ah ha. If it counts, gives me a head start: 30% fully nude at home, always. But it looks like to me that two denominators may be emerging: choose between active/awake time only OR all-inclusive (add sleeping nude). The tally begins......

But wait yet another moment. What about that vexing distinction between clothing (you know, attire, textiles or whatever), versus cover or coverage? If I have an article of clothing on such as an open shirt or something on my shoulders such as a towel, for the purpose of warding off a chill, and nothing else clinging to or hiding my body, am I fully nude still? Or even just a pair of heavy socks? Technicalities appear to be emerging. If the mid-region is exposed, does that qualify? Recent attendance at a nudist resort would make me think so. Now I am perplexed........

In my resolute pursuit of a quantifiable answer, and to enhance my total nude time score, can these partial coverings count, especially if the mid-region is truly bare (back and front)? For lack of a better term, how about prorated nudity credits? No cash surrender value, but valuable nevertheless. Wow, I think a formula could be within grasp. Seems a bit complicated. Must find a calculator.

Stay tuned............ an answer may be close at hand.

'NUDE when able, covered when necessary'

Edited by - smoothNtanned on 04/23/2008 10:37:36 AM

smoothNtanned
Forum Member

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  8:51:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm back! Oh, if interested, please read foregoing post first, to put things in some sort of context.

A biology background did not a mathematician make. Alas, but nevertheless, I will endeavour to put my descriptive and devious mind to a numerical task. As I put the final touches to the formula, I'm still trying to find a working calculator. Do they make them that have calculus shortcuts? Just maybe I will have to do this longhand.

Back soon, but don't hold your breath. The end is nigh.........

------------------------------------

Hope you are still willing to bare, er, bear with me. Couple of days not-so-nimbly analyzing this elusive formula. Almost quit. Some will mumble that would have been the best idea yet. But I persevered like a determined social nudist, against so many obstacles thwarting success.

------------------------------------

To keep things simple, and maybe hoping for a good score that befits me (just being somewhat honest), I have set a few premises or assumptions: 1) used the 24 hour denominator (sleep included); 2) yard/acreage time included; 3) daily average based on one week; 4) used prorated nudity credits (as per previous post). Of course, all of these help to keep it very simple. Just three components:

#1) Daily Average Time At Home (daTAH)
M+T+W+Th+F+Sa+Su (hours) divided by 7 = # hours/av. day

#2) Daily Average Nude Time At Home (daNTAH)

#3) Daily Average Pro-rated Nudity Credits (daPNC) - for % of
body NOT covered X hours for each of 7 days (MUST factor in
% not covered - no cheating........)

That should do it!

THE FORMULA

daNTAH + daPNC X 100 = % Time Nude At Home (TNAH), aka 'how often'.
daTAH

MY RESULTS

With considerable difficulty, but diligently, I did a week-long tally and calculation (finally found the calculator). Troubling. Was this a typical week? Maybe I should have done it annually, but then I'd be waiting a whole year for the answer.

Not wanting to divulge too much personal information (except sleeping nude time), I decided not to show all my calculations. My % Time Nude At home = 152%. What! How could that be? Because I'm retired? Probably no mis-calculation. Inadvertently included wishful thinking? Oh no, perhaps a flawed formula. Devastating......

The bottom line ----- whenever able, nude at home. Sorry it took so long to figure it out. Confirmed. Finally I've disclosed it. Oh boy.

At last I can adroitly remove tongue from cheek. Awfully thirsty - hard to drink coffee that way............

Edited by - smoothNtanned on 04/24/2008 11:08:38 AM

aquizinaga
Forum Member

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  9:23:11 PM  Show Profile  Click to see aquizinaga's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey smoothntanned,

This was just a simple Question... Is there really any need to make it complicated???????
If you went out in public with only a shirt or towel or just socks... Dont you think the police would still try to charge you with public NUDITY ???? There is a very popular catch frase in the nudist life style and it simply states NUDE WHEN POSSIBLE, CLOTHED WHEN PRACTICAL...

The floor might be too cold for comfort so I wear socks or footwear, I am still considered nude. The Morning air might still carry a chill in it, so I'll put on a shirt to keep the upper body core warm. I might be considered semi-NUDE. I just happen to believe in being comfortable in my lifestyle.

SO.... it's just a simple question that only needs a simple answer... If think ANY KIND OF COVERING disqualifies you from being nude, then I suspect that your answer might carry a lower percentage....

Lets not be Math professors or scientists... lets just be honest to ourselves when asked a SIMPLE QUESTION.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  10:03:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So now we know how you folks up there spend those long winter days.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  5:50:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Me thinks Smooth has a case of Cabin Feaver. LOL

Nothing a few hours naked in the sun won't cure.

Diger

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  8:46:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe it is time for sombody to "get a life"!!

Def. too much time on his hands.

Cookie

FlCpl4NewdFun
Forum Member

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  11:35:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Every time I think I should stay out of this I find I just cant help myself.

Obviously smoothNtanned was just trying to bring a little humor into a pointless question. Seriously what value does this SIMPLE question add to any serious dialog about nudism?

aquizinaga: let's face it, that formula was much more insightful and original than you letting the whole world know you wear socks when the floor is cold. And that whole thing about living in a basement below a 10 year old boy and you walking out of the shower nude while he's playing Nintindo. That's just creepy! I'll take a witty formula over that visualization any day! Plus, it's obvious he's an engineer, not a math professor or a scientist.

aquizinaga
Forum Member

Posted - 04/26/2008 :  12:36:43 PM  Show Profile  Click to see aquizinaga's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
After re-reading the threads ...Ya it was humourous, Guess I was out of the zone at the time... Regarding walking out of shower, I obviously didnt know the lad had come downstairs while I was in the shower... I am not in the habit being nude in front of children. After all he was invading my apartment....

Anyhow.... I am enjoying the warmer weather now and as such do not log into the internet as often since I spend more time outside.

smoothNtanned , I do appoligize for my rant. I do see the humour you were getting to. I was too blind to see it .

Have a great weekend.....

smoothNtanned
Forum Member

Posted - 04/26/2008 :  12:47:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Someone got it! Thank you FlCpl4NewdFun. As your handle perhaps depicts, there is more than just fun in being nude. One can, and perhaps should, have fun about nudity. Just couldn't help myself on this topic, especially since 99.9% of my nude time is private/personal/home/acreage nakedness. Now, my formula for that % calculation is.............

Got a laugh out of your 'engineer' comment. Little did you know. I started out as an engineering student, but as my math skills showed, you wouldn't want me designing a bridge. So biology and a related health field it was. Maybe I'm a psychiatrist searching these forums to see if social and private nudists have a sense of humor. Now my study indicates, and the statistical formula for that is............., and the results are................ (once again I seemed to have misplaced my calculator, or is it desperately hiding from me).

Bottom line: some nudists do, some don't, or it is a matter of taste, type and degree. Hmmmm, somewhere on the humor scale or grid. Now let me see, I think there might be a formula emerging for that................

Maybe the Canadian winters are getting to me, especially when I think it is fun to run naked in the snow, enjoy nude snow showers, briefly sweep and shovel snow in the all-together, and brave freezing temperatures. Ah, but knowing the hot tub is within reach for before and after plunges. Just enjoying winter in the buff, outdoors, at home. Wonder if this is going to elicit comments on my, er, mental soundness? Oh, to head off fear and trepidation in the forum readers, be rest assured a psychiatrist I am not. Some doubtless will conclude that I am in need of one.

---------

P.S. Quite all right aquizinaga. It was a work in progress, and incomplete, when you made your comments initially. Hence you wouldn't have been able to see where it was leading. I edited the 2 postings to completion, after you made your comments. So it is I who should apologize. Enjoy the warming weather.

Edited by - smoothNtanned on 05/01/2008 11:17:13 AM

nuderebel
Forum Member

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  08:45:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tried to use smooth's formula so I could give an accurate answer.........got a headache.........
We are nude when we want to be..........which is most of the time at home.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  11:30:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That's funny I used the formula and the answer was simple.

The answer was ALOT.

Diger

luckyseven7

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  11:07:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I enjoy being nude but my wife is self-conscious about it. I tend to be nude most of the time as I work from home. Always sleep nude and relax nude outside as much as possible.

Grayone

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  07:41:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I try to plan my days so that when I do get
home , I'll be there awhile.
Once at home, I strip to Bare Ass Nekkid and
will stay that way for as long as possible.
Although, I do prefer to "cover-up" for the
evening meal; propriety I guess.

Kauai1
Forum Member

Posted - 06/20/2008 :  7:02:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Live alone and am almost always nude at the computer and wish to be nude outside. But, that's not going to happen until I move to Tucson. Want to get a home with a pool and land around it - people are so NOT-understanding, we just want to Be Free!
Take care, stay bare and don't stare.

BBare

Page: of 62 Topic Next Topic: When do nudists feel naked?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 2.74 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved