Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 208 ]  [ Total: 208 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Nudism and the "swinging" lifestyle
 is swinging a part/facet of modern naturism?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: C/O resort in Florida slapped with 1.6M lawsuit Topic Next Topic: I dont understand!
Page: of 4

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  7:01:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
VLM34, do you need more toleration than the average person?

My IQ is 138. Any questions? Any more religious attacks on people in this forum you have overlooked? I can't think of any Christians in North Korea, or Cuba. Would that be your ideal place to live? Share with us, VLM34.

Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.
Thomas Jefferson

VLM34
Forum Member

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  7:46:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Warmskin

quote:
Originally posted by VLM34

[quote]
You do NOT decide where my family can or cannot go.Propagandize' would be a better word for what you intend. I think your goal is to control others. Focus on your own family! You do NOT speak for mine.

My life would be more fun if your imagination were even remotely true.

You mean 'imaginings' - which is illustrative of the problem. If you want to be understood, you need to write understandably.

VLM34
Forum Member

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  8:18:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Warmskin

VLM34, do you need more toleration than the average person?

No, but I offer more. Try that yourself. Your life would improve, as would the lives of others around you.

quote:
My IQ is 138. Any questions?

No questions. I just don't believe you.

quote:
Any more religious attacks on people in this forum you have overlooked?

Probably. I don't read all your posts.

quote:
I can't think of any Christians in North Korea, or Cuba.

Then you haven't been in those places, or haven't looked carefully. All varieties of memes cross national boundaries.

quote:
Would that be your ideal place to live? Share with us, VLM34.

No, I don't want to live in any culture requiring or stridently pushing worship of some "Revered Personage" - whether said personage is alive, dead, or entirely mythical.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  10:32:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmmmmmmm !

thornapplebison
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  12:22:58 AM  Show Profile  Send thornapplebison a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by DaffyTaffy2

Thats why they have this forum so we can all express our god givin right (opps did I say God I hope I didn't offend anyone) right to freedom of speech.

PS: James Madison gave us the First Amendment.

ROTFL

In the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson wrote: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

We could argue about what Jefferson meant when he used the word Creator, but I think we both know he didn't mean Madison.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  02:17:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am trying to be charitable to VLM34, and therefore I think he either missed his nap today and is grouchy, or has depleted his blood sugar. I'm sure he is a nice guy once he takes care of those two issues at hand.

I simply can't take you seriously, VLM34, but you are supplying me with a plenitude of laughter. On with your hate fest, old chap. You'd be a great comedian, as soon as you drop the chip off your shoulder. Are you this way all the time? It's bad for your heart, you know.

Yes, my IQ is 138. Fully tested. What VLM34 thinks about that is not important to me. I have 138 and you may not be equal or above, but then you don't care about my opinion on your IQ, as I don't care about yours.

You've made some pretty wild accusations about me. So, VLM34, shall we assume that the wet blanket you've thrown on this topic is here to stay, or do we have your permission to continue to share each and everyone's opinions without your attacking them personally? These remarks of yours are not helping.

I don't slam anybody's religion, and I would think far less of myself if I did. Does the same go for you, VLM34?

If you stop, VLM34, I will stop responding to you. Fair enough?

Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.
Thomas Jefferson

agde
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  3:09:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IQs, religious attacks, self-evident truths and missed naps aside, the fact remains that "swinging" is a distinct separate activity, What makes it a particularly incongruous match with naturism is our constant struggle with public perception that nude=sex, and our commitment to providing a impeccably relaxed, respectful and socially normal environment that merely lacks clothing.

If religious fundamentalists bring their beliefs into a public environment, it establishes a religious tension. If politicians set up soapboxes, it politicizes the atmosphere. If swingers bring their hobby into a public environment, whether textile or naturist and however discreetly, it sexualizes that environment.

One of the things that new naturists are usually busy un-learning is the notion of "private parts" -- that uncovering them is automatically either an invitation to intimacy or puts them in danger of attack by sexual predators. Naturists say, "No. Relax. It is not a signal. It is just natural. Nothing else changes. You are safe." Sexual invitations by swingers in a naturist context assault the primordial feeling of vulnerabilty and hence can break the mutual compact of trust at a really fundamental level.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  5:02:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with what you say, Agde. I don't force about my religious convictions here, and I can't think that anyone knows my particulars about that subject. Of course, one can divine the fact (pardon the pun) that I am a nudist and a Christian. That nicely says it all. I am not going to tell anyone here what kind of Christian I am, because that is none of their business. Of course, there are all kinds of Christians, so they are not a monolithic block of people. Not by a long-shot!! That is for me to know, and you to find out by interrogating me.

I think that young children will always do what they to in all recreational experiences -- have more fun than the adults! They will run around, play with their toys, yell and scream, splash water on their little friends, and other things. I cannot see what is appropriate for them at a swinger resort. If there is, please educate me on that. Thanks.

Thomas Jefferson

VLM34
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  10:01:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thornapplebison

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by DaffyTaffy2

Thats why they have this forum so we can all express our god givin right (opps did I say God I hope I didn't offend anyone) right to freedom of speech.

PS: James Madison gave us the First Amendment.

ROTFL

In the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson wrote: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

IIRC, Jefferson didn't mention freedom of speech in the Declaration of Independence.

In any event, the Declaration of Independence is not and never was a law, a constitution, or any other statement of governance. It was a open letter to the colonists intended to drum up support for treason against the King, and an open letter to the nations of the world intended to at least keep them neutral in the coming war and maybe, just maybe, get a bit of help.

quote:
We could argue about what Jefferson meant when he used the word Creator, but I think we both know he didn't mean Madison.

Jefferson definitely didn't mean Madison: Madison didn't write the First Amendment until 12 or 13 years later.

Jefferson also didn't mean the Jewish or Muslim god, and most definitely did not mean the Christian three-some god. Jefferson was a Deist; he meant the Deist god. The language he used in the Declaration was the Deist language of the day.

We're way off topic now. If you want to continue, please send email.

ROB g
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  10:25:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW!! This thing is really getting political and religious. Everyone is entilled to their opinions.
But The God that the Jewish religion believe in is the same one we christians believe in. They just don't believe that Jesus was the risen savior. Most of them have better knowledge of the old testment then we Christans. and if Jefferson believed that all men were created equal then why did he rape his female slaves.
Or not make any attempt to abolish slavery?

Teva
Forum Member

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  11:08:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ROB g

WOW!! This thing is really getting political and religious. Everyone is entilled to their opinions.
But The God that the Jewish religion believe in is the same one we christians believe in. They just don't believe that Jesus was the risen savior. Most of them have better knowledge of the old testment then we Christans. and if Jefferson believed that all men were created equal then why did he rape his female slaves.
Or not make any attempt to abolish slavery?

I hate to reply to a totally off topic post, but here goes....most slave owners in the South treated their slaves excellently according to records and stories passed down from generation to generation.

My family resides in the South. I know this to be fact from biographical family sketches.
Teva

ROB g
Forum Member

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  11:53:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Teva your probably right. I just have a problem with the whole slave thing in general. And I don't think
you posted to anything off topic. I brought it up so if anyone went off coarse it was me.

wayne a
Forum Member

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  4:25:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK lets get back on topic. The answer to the question (is swinging a part/facet of modern nuturism) is absolutly not. There are clubs around for that, go there.

Wayne

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  7:34:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a nudist of 47 years, raising a family of nudists, from a family of nudists myself, pretty much immersed in the nudist culture ( the legit part, not to be confused with the new pseudo-swinging-exhibitionist version of the lifestyle)....the simple answer to the question posed is NO.

Swingers are Swingers
Nudists are Nudists
Can one be both, sure..but the two lifestyles are separate.

Jennifer

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  7:59:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We commend those that valiantly have attempted to keep this thread on track.

The way we see it, swingers have spent a lot of money that has supported the nudist industry. The way they do this is by behaving well, and by spending a lot of money when they visit. Unless you knew them, you'd hardly know they are swingers. They don't color the resort with any new culture, and not much of anything changes. The resort itself may make mistakes with associating openly with the swinging lifestyle. This confuses the public. The vast majority of swingers at nudist resorts always behave well, and have been frequenting nudist resorts for years, supporting these establishments, without anyone being unhappy about it.

You'll find the friction occurs with careless or tasteless advertising, which draws attention to what was previously a non-issue.

Please understand we are against overt sex acts at nudist resorts. However, if you are a discrete swinger who always keeps it behind closed doors, and are otherwise well behaved, you would be quite welcome at most nudist resorts, but unfortunately not all.

Swingers represent just one of the demographics that enjoy nude recreation. They are not one and the same. Who would say that, for instance, volleyball was "part" of nudism? They just happen to occur together quite a lot.

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: C/O resort in Florida slapped with 1.6M lawsuit Topic Next Topic: I dont understand!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.31 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved