Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 624 ]  [ Total: 624 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Resorts - Naturist Resorts, Nudism Places
 Nudist Resorts That Support Your Special Interest
 Resort that is a only nude resort.
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: naked surfing-Naturist resorts where you can surf? Topic Next Topic: Full time Motor home nudist
Page: of 3

meme
Forum Member

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  01:26:50 AM  Show Profile  Send meme a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
There are alot of clothing-optional resorts out there and I get really annoyed with people that come in who have on shorts and tees while the rest of us are nude.
Does anyone know of any resorts where people like this can't come in.

lazarus
Forum Member

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  02:49:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit lazarus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by meme

There are alot of clothing-optional resorts out there and I get really annoyed with people that come in who have on shorts and tees while the rest of us are nude.
Does anyone know of any resorts where people like this can't come in.

Don't know where you are, but Lilly Valley is one. We do allow First time couples a period of time to ease in, but most of them are nude within an hour of getting here. I don't like seeing a park full of people dressed either. But I will take it easy on new couples and give them so time to acclimate to the scene.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  5:44:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree except for the weather and newcomers everyone should relize that visiting a nudist resort people are expected to be nude the majority of time, some of the clubs down in Florida I have visited i've seen folks in the pool wearing bikini's, except for that time of the month (ladies) the pool area's should be clothes free.

lazarus
Forum Member

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  6:19:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit lazarus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sailawaybob

I agree except for the weather and newcomers everyone should relize that visiting a nudist resort people are expected to be nude the majority of time, some of the clubs down in Florida I have visited i've seen folks in the pool wearing bikini's, except for that time of the month (ladies) the pool area's should be clothes free.

Our pools hottubs and steam sauna are all "nude only" no matter. As for newbies, we feel that an hour or so grace won't hurt, and if it gives that time to adjust, it may make them feel like returning. For the most part, as I said, it only takes that first hour, and most of the time, it is rarely needed.
I can only recall two women last summer that needed the grace period to feel comfortable.

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  1:37:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lazarus, there must be something in the Canadian air that lends itself to such reasonable attitudes. It took me a moment to find Lilly Valley in the Niagra region - - seems there is another resort of similar name in India that gets the early Google hits.
What sort of season do you have up there along the border? I see it is 12 oF today.

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

lazarus
Forum Member

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  3:04:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit lazarus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by old hippie

Lazarus, there must be something in the Canadian air that lends itself to such reasonable attitudes. It took me a moment to find Lilly Valley in the Niagra region - - seems there is another resort of similar name in India that gets the early Google hits.
What sort of season do you have up there along the border? I see it is 12 oF today.

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

Niagara is very much small town, and the club has always been pretty laid back. It's owned by an old hippie(one who didn't get into the ME ME ME attitude of the late 70's and 80's.)
and I am so laid back, that a fire is treated with "it'll still be burning when I get there, so what's the panic"

Our season runs,for the strong willed nudist)from April to October. But the real active season runs from June til September. Niagara is lucky in that it lies between Lakes Erie and Ontario, and is buffered from the extreme weather. South of us in NY state, they get worse weather, and north of us they get bad weather. Tornados in the summer have been sighted North and South of us, but we lie in a band about 40 miles wide that has seen less than 5 Tornados in 100 years, and they were all F1s. Our winters here are cold but not as cold as the midwest, and our snowfall is less than that in PA or Ohio.

fullmonte
Forum Member

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  5:48:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This topic is one of my hot buttons. I've been a nudist for only 2 and a half years. My life before that was spent with the desire of becoming a nudist, but due to very religious upbringing, I thought it would be immoral! When I finally started being true to myself, I realized how much I and my "spiritual leaders" had put God in a tiny little box.
Personally, nudity has helped me understand God's creative power and the feelings involved with nudity helps me feel God more than all of the Bible teaching I've had.
Anyway......I was totally clothed socially for 51 of my years on earth. I will only visit clothing optional resorts if it is all that is available at the time. I love nude only places. If people want to recreate in textiles, there are hundreds of resorts that will have you arrested for taking off your clothes, so it seems to me, that is the place to be if you desire clothing.
As for giving people an hour to get comfortable, I kind of get that, but isn't that hour, time that should have been spent making up ones mind before entering the resort gate?

I visited Glen Ellen in Corona Ca. last year. There, I LOVE their philosophy and rules! If you even come for a tour, you must be nude, and the person giving the tour must be nude! My kind of place!!
When I was finally ready for nudism, I sat in the club house with the owner, filled out my paperwork, paid the day fee, and went straight to my car and got naked. I've been hooked ever since.
I don't mean to sound ungracious, and I'm not when it comes to dealing with people. I just think that I've had some downer experiences at events for nudists, that turned into less than half of the people getting nude. I just can't get past the feeling of..."what the heck are all of you doing here, and you call yourselves nudists?" I've event been to events with nudists, where NO ONE ended up taking anything off. Just Don't Get It.

Peace,
Take Care Stay Bare,
fullmonte

Frank2233
Forum Member

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  9:21:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I cant seem to find where to start a new post so here goes. Does any one have any information on Cherokee in crossville TN. Is the resort going to reopen s a nudest camp or not.? Thanks for your help last year was our frist year and we had a great time.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  01:16:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, that is off topic. Changing the subject is considered topic hijacking, prohibited in this forum. You could have used the General area.

You can use the Search function to find almost anything. After a while, you'll learn the layout of the forum. Here are the three topics we have that I found with Search:

CHEROKEE RESORT IN CROSSVILLE TN CLOSED TO NUDISTS

Cherokee, Crossville, TN - New Name

Cherokee, Crossville, TN - SOLD

Now, back to the topic of this forum, "Resort that is a only nude resort."

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  11:00:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The core issue, perhaps, revolves around people more than a particular resort.

For any individual, couple or family, the transition from textiles to nude is rarely an 'event'. More often, it's a process. Once the process is completed, we are naturally proud (pun intended) of completing the transition. I think most of us appreciate that there were people ahead of us and others behind us in that process. The issue is how we--as individuals and as communities--separate out those who are exploring and trying to make the transition from those who are merely gawking and worse, exploiting the sight of our bodies to fulfill personal needs.

AANR and TNS have done a great deal to promote the exploration process, but have left it up to individuals,clubs and resorts to make the latter separation of those in the exploratory and transitional processes of becoming naturists from those who are visiting solely for their personal entertainment.

It seems to me that we ought to be tolerant of the former and intolerant of the latter. How to best accomplish this is the challenge. I think it begins with a clear statement by enterprises that, in addition to confirmed naturists, there is a welcome mat out for those who are genuinely interested in trying out social nudity with the understanding that participation is expected on a reasonable time frame. Social nudity is not (pardon the pun) a spectator sport. I also think that some recognition of couple and family dynamics is important: as unlikely as it is for there to be an instantaneous decision by an individual that s/he is a social nudist, it is even far less likely for partners or families to make that kind of rapid transition. Some tolerance for adjustment periods is a matter of practicality.

It's easy to forget the first time any of us were nude in social situations and the accompanying anxiety. It wasn't just a matter of shucking clothes but also of setting aside a system of beliefs about what it means to be 'naked' and 'exposed' in our societies. For many--perhaps most--of us, there had to be a belief that the context provided a safe haven. A message saying "Strip! Or else..." does not reinforce that 'safe haven' message. Rather, the message might be that we feel safe...and it is safe...precisely because we are all alike under our clothes, and please join us.

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  10:07:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was going to say something about that; and pilot beat me to. I'm not sure the implicit, underlying message: "Regardless of your background or history, we expect you to be completely nude within the hour" is not a bit much for a newby to process. I know several nudist wives for whom this would have been a shocking proposition; and this would have resulted in a first and last nudist outing. That's why I think it's important for the manager of a nudist resort to also be a bit of a psychologist, with the ability to assess, on an individual basis, the level of readiness for the nudist experience. Some people are ready to get nude right away; some people need to hold on to their sarong or T-shirt for a little while, until they find their own comfort zone. And this should be taken into account when introducing someone to a resort.

But that doesn't mean I think C/O is best for newbies. When a beginner finds him/herself surrounded by clothes and partially clothed people, the incentive to disrobe is greatly reduced. Then it becomes a vicious circle: the newbies stay dressed over several visits, then new visitors witness this and themselves choose to keep something on. But when you're surrounded by nude people, perhaps even the only dressed person amidst a group of nudists, there is a natural tendancy to want to be accepted by the group. Sometimes it takes an hour, sometimes it takes a few days. But the resort management should recognize the fact that the anxiety levels are different for everyone.

fullmonte
Forum Member

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  11:50:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pilot and Nudony, Well said by both of you!
Psychology and graciousness considered, I wouldn't have a problem with giving a budding nudist a time period to shed the clothes. I'm still for the Nudist Resort, and not crazy about clothing optional. Nudony hit it on the head, that Clothing Optional could keep a newby clothed for a long long time. And if Clothing Optional is what one prefers, then...."birds of a feather".
Like I said originally, I am gracious with people, maybe I didn't sound like it, with my rather hard nosed attitude with NUDE ONLY resorts. I still do think that people will follow the path and stencil that is set before them. If you are never expected to get nude, you may not ever break that comfort barrier. If you must be nude in an hour, then probably one will take that hour. If you know the rule is, Must Be Nude, then one will probably not enter the gate until that decision is made prior to entrance.
Thanks for your responses, good people, and fellow nudists! I continue to learn from all of you.
Peace,
Take Care Stay Bare
fullmonte

Rebecca
Forum Member

Posted - 03/13/2009 :  12:23:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why go to a nude reor "c/o" resort and not be nude?
For first-timers who need to get used to it, so be it - ok for the first day. I don't think there are so many first-timers to make much of a difference.

fullmonte
Forum Member

Posted - 03/13/2009 :  01:17:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rebecca,

You are talking my language! :)
Take Care Stay Bare
fullmonte

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 03/13/2009 :  10:08:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The conversation brings up an interesting counterpoint between a social norm and an enforced action. There is a reciprocal relationship. For many behaviors, change begins with an enforced action. This was true, for example, with the dawn of recycling and with seat belt use. (There were fines for disobeying both of these) Over time, those behaviors became so ingrained that the behaviors became part of of our customs and social norms.

It raises the question of what we want/expect. Because we choose to be nude in social situations, do we have an expectation or demand that others make the same choice? Do we want to grant others the "option" or do we want to force them to conform as we are forced to conform at textiled resorts/clubs/etc.? This is a more difficult question than might be appreciated at first glance.

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 03/13/2009 :  6:24:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pilot

Because we choose to be nude in social situations, do we have an expectation or demand that others make the same choice? Do we want to grant others the "option" or do we want to force them to conform as we are forced to conform at textiled resorts/clubs/etc.? This is a more difficult question than might be appreciated at first glance.

Here's the thing. Few people end up at a nudist resort by accident, with no prior knowledge of what it entails. More than likely, the newbie has looked up the website, or ordered a brochure, or called the resort office. So there logically has to be some expectation that at some point, nudity will be witnessed, and that some measure of nudity will be expected. For someone who has a strongly reluctant spouse or family member, it would behoove them to select a more appropriate C/O venue. After all, you wouldn't take an animal-loving family member to a hunting party (unless you were a glutton for punishment!).

With this in mind, I see nothing wrong with emphasizing the expectation of nudity; but without a "forceful" deadline approach. My first trip to a nude resort, when my wife was still reluctant, the owner simply told that us it was fine for her to wear something on her first visit. The implication there was she was expected to be nude on our next visit. My wife was fine with that, because it left open the possibily of choice: come back and get nude - or go somewhere else. I think it was a very fair and sensible proposition, considering completely nude was the normality there. She never felt any pressure to be nude; but knew that this would be her one opportunity to work at finding her comfort zone. So she did exactly that; first unwrapping her sarong when we were out of sight, then sliding in the hottub when it was empty, and finally trading in her sarong for a tank-top. So I think it's sensible to grant newbies some level of "choice", but With the implied notion that nudity is the standard.

Edited by - Nudony on 03/13/2009 6:28:05 PM

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: naked surfing-Naturist resorts where you can surf? Topic Next Topic: Full time Motor home nudist  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.44 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved