Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 236 ]  [ Total: 236 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 How did you first personally hear about nudism?
 What Originally Drew You To Nudism?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: How did you first personally hear about nudism?
Page: of 2

fullmonte
Forum Member

Posted - 03/17/2009 :  11:38:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've always wanted to tell my story, because I think it has some unique and nearly mysterious qualities about it. And, I'd LOVE to hear from others who would like to share the life events or motivations that drew them to nudism.

As for me, I was raised in a very religious, yet physically,mentally and emotionally abusive home. I think this produced a longing to just feel good about anything concerning my life! My grandparents on my Dads side, were a real haven of emotional solace. And it was during the times that I visited them, especially my grandmother, that I first remember the great feeling of being nude. As a very small child, my grandmother would bathe us before bed, and allow us to sleep naked. I remember the cool feel of the bed sheets against my skin, and the feeling of being totally unencumbered by clothes, even PJ's that might bind a bit as one rolls over in bed.
I never spoke of sleeping nude at my Grandparents house to my parents, nor did my sisters that I ever remember.
As my life continued, I delved very deeply into religious fundementalism, and eventually attended a Bible College, that was full of people that believed nudity was sexual and wrong. This made sense to me at the time, and fit into the judgemental and staunch life into which I'd been molded.
Years later,after marrying the Love of my life, whom I had met at Bible College, a friend gave me the gift of a hard bound book called, The Best of Flying Magazine. It was a compilation of interesting articles, that had been published in Flying Magazine.(Flying is another one of my passions) One of the articles, was about a pilot, back in the thirties, that had engine trouble, and made a forced landing in a grass field in the mountains of Pennsylvania. As it turned out, he had landed in a nudist colony called Sunny Rest. It had a picture of nude men and women, pushing this plane off of the runway to park it. I looked at that picture many times over the years, (actually kind of in secret, because after all, people were nude, and that was "immoral"), and longed to feel how wonderful that must have felt to be nude out of doors, and among other nude friends.
I'll fast forward to July of 2006. I was staying in a familiar hotel in Michigan, that my job dictates that I frequent, and had an odd dream that changed my life.
I dreamed that I had started a group, called a Speech Club. Don't ask me, I had never actually heard of one before this dream, nor since. Anyway, there was a group of approximately 20-30 people that would take turns meeting in different locations, even homes. As people arrived, they would be handed a small piece of note paper and a pencil. When the signal was given, we all had just 15 minutes, to write a short speech on a topic that we felt passionate about. The even stranger twist was, when it came time for each to give his or her speech, that person would have to be naked in front of the whole group. It was understood that no one would judge you, because all would eventually take a turn at being in "your shoes" before the evening was over. In the dream, it was thought that this had a great psychological healing effect, as you would learn to totally accept yourself as you were, and there was no judgement, because as I mentioned before, all would eventually present their speech.
As I awoke, I was staring at the ceiling of my hotel room and instead of being relieved that it wasn't true, (like the dream where you suddenly find yourself naked at school) I said to myself, "wow, that was a brilliant dream!"
It got stranger in real life that day, because as I shared the dream with an openminded female co-worker buddy, she exclaimed...."That is a Brilliant dream". I shared it in an email with two of my openminded sisters, and they both wrote back using the word "brilliant!"
After much discussion with my wife about it, (who, by the way thought it interesting, "not brilliant", said; "fine, if you want to go try it with one of your sisters, be my guest, but it isn't for me."
Finally October 7th, just 3 months later, I was in Houston Texas for some training, and made my first visit to a resort, Emerald Lake Resort. I'll never forget the excitment and yet slight shock of driving in the gate, rounding the corner and seeing an atractive couple playing horseshoes, and thinking.....wow, people are really out of doors, and nude!!! About a half hour later after meeting Dave the owner, and filling out the paper work, and answering a bunch of interview questions like..."does your wife know that you are here?", I was at my car, undressing, and took my first nude walk out of doors, around the lake, and feeling warm breezes and sunshine in places that had never had wind or sun before. I met many wonderful people that were very encouraging, and that night, I also attended my first totally nude dance in the clubhouse. I'll never forget the sureal feeling of, every once in a while thinking...holy cow, I'm nude, and dancing and laughing with an entire crowd of nude people.
I've now been an AANR and TNS member for a couple of years. This just gets better and better. Oh, and by the way, a year and a half ago, after finding out that Sunny Rest still exists...yea thrives....I visited it, had Myra, one of the owners, signed the article in the Best of Flying book, and completed a much longed for chapter in my life! The airstrip is closed, and now is a paved path to many of the trailers and sites called "Airport Road".

Take Care Stay Bare,
fullmonte

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 03/18/2009 :  10:19:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cool story fulmonte

fullmonte
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  01:53:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SailawayBob,

Thanks! I've always wanted to share my story, thanks for reading it. An addition to the story is, that the open minded female co-worker went with me to Whispering Oakes, north of Detroit last year, and wants to go back this summer! One of my sisters, went with me to the Midwest AANR Regional Convention at Turtle Lake last July, loved it, joined AANR and is totally hooked.

Take Care Stay Bare,
fullmonte

zarnill
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  02:01:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you ever get your wife to join?

zarnill
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  6:00:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought this was a really cool thread. After some consideration I thought I would put my long story down too.

When I was 9 I developed a very self conscious attitude toward my body. Prior to 9 I was happy and free who spent many days as a naked baby on Waikiki. Unfortunately, when I was 9 I developed a rash around my bathing suit from swim lessons. Before the rash abated I got chicken pox which when right for the rash. It became such a mess a massive infection followed. My mom took me to the hospital (Kaiser) who brought in three doctors to look at me. They decided I was worth taking pictures of for a medical journal, but I was not worth admitting to the hospital. They took my mom outside and told her I would probably kill many people in the ward and I was going to die anyway so she should just take me home. I guess they were happy enough they got their photos.

The infection developed into blood poisoning and I started hallucinating about a bodiless head for weeks. I think it was because my body was being destroyed. I found a good doctor who aggressively attacked the problem and I got better. The results were somewhere around 200 scars around my bathing suit areas. Needless to say as a kid I always wore long bathing suits.

When I turned 40 I asked myself “Who did I need permission from to start enjoying life. I’ve used up 40 years already and there is no way to get them back.” I told my wife we were going to a nude beach. She had no real objection so we went looking a few times and finally got to one after getting better directions.

What I have found in naturism is that the now greatly faded scars mean nothing to anyone. Had I known of naturism at age 10 I would have been much happier because I would have been accepted as a person when I most feared ridicule. Sure, people would have asked where all the white circular scars came from but not in a judgmental way. I now choose to go to naturist locations above all others for the best reason of all. The naturists that I have met are the nicest folks I have ever seen congregated in one location.

tgg
Forum Member

Posted - 09/24/2009 :  10:14:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit tgg's Homepage  Send tgg an ICQ Message  Click to see tgg's MSN Messenger address  Send tgg a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be honest and say that it was my desire to find a female partner who was more deeper, down to earth, caring and intelligent than the floozies who frequented textile dance clubs. To this day I have still not found my dream girl. There was one whom I came close to asking out on a date but by then she'd already found a boyfriend of her own and had virtually disappeared from the nudist scene despite the fact that she was very popular with the local nudists.

'Fear wraps our bodies in clothing, love allows us to stand naked' - Neale Donald Walsch (Conversations With God 1)

Moontan
Forum Member

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  8:37:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The feeling of being totally unrestricted.

Parrotile
Forum Member

Posted - 03/02/2010 :  12:05:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dead right Zarnill - ALL our Naturist friends are really great people - which is more than I can say for many of the "textile" obsessed!

What drew me to Naturism? I just like the feel of no clothing, and I definitely like the advantage of travelling "light" - no clothes means more luggage weight allocation for souvenirs. Mrs S is very keen for the second reason (not that she doesn't commandeer MY luggage allocation often!), and we both like the sense of freedom and possibly exhilaration being completely naked provides.

Our "top" things to do naked must include swimming in at Number 1 - we have our own pool and describing swimming naked as sensual just doesn't do it a just service - you "out there" who also swim naked will know just what we mean! Other favourites include running, tennis, gymnastics, sunbathing, and hanging out the washing (strange, but true - especially on a hot day - being caressed by cold wet fabric certainly has a "certain something" - along the lines of "who needs Viagara!"

Even doing the ironing naked makes a chore that bit more fun, especially if we iron outdoors under the pergola!

I suppose in conclusion that we are in effect "clothesophobic" - and there's nothing wrong with that!

Phil & Timea S.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 03/02/2010 :  01:00:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with my wife and answer....I wasn't drawn to naturism/nudism...it has always been something inside me as long as I can remember.

When I was very young, we lived next door to a japanese family. We were not only neighbors but very, very good friends. Lots of sleep overs with me and their sons. I noticed that they didn't wear underwear under their pj's.

I would sleep that way when I was at their home but didn't when sleeping at home. When they stayed over...I'd follow suit and it became something I did most of the time. As time passed I remember slipping my pj bottoms down at night and trying to sleep with them around my knees...didn't work that well.

I began to sleep without underwear but kept a t shirt on to disguise my bottomlessness (is that a word? hahaha) At the ripe ol' age of 14 I was given my own room and that's when I was free to be naked in my room and sleep naked.

When alone at home, I'd do my chores, watch tv and walk around out in the backyard naked. I remember making all kinds of excuses to my parents why I couldn't go someplace with them so I could have some time at home by myself and be nude. Being the oldest of 7....you don't get much alone time.

Went into the Navy, got married and my gf/wife adopted the sleep naked and stay naked around the apartment/house with me on weekends. I met a guy in the Navy that noticed me getting outta my rack naked and asked if I was a nudist. I said...."not sure, what's a nudist?"

His family were nudists and he brought me some magazines to read. I took a few home but my wife was not gonna take our nudism beyond our home and backyard.

Time passed, I got out of the Navy. We bought a couple of homes that I made sure we could be naked in the backyard. About 10 years ago we took it public and haven't looked back since. I remembered those magazines that my friend gave me and I guess I was drawn to social nudism by the articles, pictures and knowing that there were lots of others out there that liked being nude...just like we did. If anything....I was drawn to social nudism by magazines and the internet but I wasn't drawn to nudism in itself.

I love being nude. I crave it and get aggitated when I can't be nude. I hate the cold weather and seek the sun. I do anything I can to make the house nude comfortable...even if it means running the heater all day long. It's just something inside me that wants it and needs it and as I said, I don't think I was drawn to it, like some, but rather it's a part of my DNA and I can't really explain it out than that!

Edited by - FireProf on 03/02/2010 01:02:56 AM

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/02/2010 :  4:48:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Initially the thrill and naughtiness of being naked outdoors at a swimming hole in the country. After that subsided a little I got to enjoy the freedom especially of swimming and laying naked in the sun, I find it sheer relaxation.

I still enjoy the opportunity and the fact that I do it because I can. Its not the naughtiness now but almost the rebellious nature of being naked in public (albeit a nude beach) in what is generally a textile world and the ridiculous nature and focus on fashion and appearance in our society as almost the only measure of a person (no pun intended).

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/03/2010 :  7:56:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have no clue. As far back as I can remember as a kid, I preferred to be without clothing.

glensr

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  6:37:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a male, you are nude from nineth grade on, everytime you finish with gym class in front of 30-50 other teens while showering. When I graduated and moved into my first apt. on my own, I noticed the marks the elastic of my underwear would leave on my skin when I awoke in the morning and took a bath. I started sleeping nude. When I met my wife, I told her when we were dating that I slept in the nude. She said she was okay with that and that she would have no problem doing the same. We moved to another state due to my job transfer. By now, we had been sleeping in the nude and running around the house in the nude all the time.
One day at work, a female workmate asked me if we had been to the nudist beach yet? I said that after living in Oregon for a year, I hadn't even heard of it but was interested. She gave me directions and my wife and I found the place. Hundreds of people were there with ages from a few months to over 90 years of age. We were very nervous at first and would only lay on our stomachs nude on the blanket. I was still a little jealous as no one but me had seen the wife totally naked before. However, two more visits and we were walking totally nude up and down the beach like we had been doing all our lives! The experience was unforgettable and even though we now live in the desert, we visit nudist resorts at every opportunity.

Mike Hanslip

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  12:26:23 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, naked women! ;-)

Eros1000

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  4:31:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In my teens when my folks were out I used to go in the back garden in the scud because I liked the freedom without clothes. Years later with our children away from home I started to be in the nude more and more in the house and garden. My wife became a nudist 5 years ago on a beach holiday and like myself has no problem being naked in our garden when the weather is hot which in the UK is limited!

Parrotile
Forum Member

Posted - 06/25/2010 :  7:22:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Must agree with the comment Eros 1000 - even in the "Summer" the UK weather can be less than cosy, especially at night! Bad meories of visiting a Naturist enclave just outside Gatwick ("Nice" location - right under the final approach / takeoff flight path to Gatwick Airport!) in August (one week), and every night was freezing - every morning the pool (heated, thank heavens) was full of naked people trying to get warm!

Main reason why I migrated to Australia - OK it can get chilly in the winter in NSW, especially inland, but at least the daytime temperatures (even in Winter) tend to be reasonable, and the spring, summer and autumn temperatures can be fantastic!

Phil & Timea S.

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 06/27/2010 :  5:18:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The absence of a requirement to wear clothes. No, really. There's a time and place for textiles. But all things being equal, why would you want to?

Page: of 2 Topic Next Topic: How did you first personally hear about nudism?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.19 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved