Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 413 ]  [ Total: 413 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Men - From the Male Point of View
 Unwanted Erection
 A simple question? Arousal and etiquette...
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: So I was thinking about becomming a nudist Topic Next Topic: My questions & problems wanting to be a nudist
Page: of 32

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  3:10:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is considered rude in naturist circles to leave an erection uncovered or unshielded in any way, therefore your suggestion that the rest of established naturism should get used to it is IMHO rude and offensive.

I have no objection to you showing your erection to consenting adults, and similarly I have no objection to admiring the erections of others but that isn't naturism its either voyeurism or exhibitionism depending on you situation.

Naturism is constantly under attach by elements that wish to take it into other areas, naturism is the innocent family pursuit of nude recreation and relaxation, if you wouldn't, or shouldn't do it in front of children then its not naturism.

Pete Knight

JustSomeGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/25/2007 :  01:43:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just read 27 pages and 1 response in regards to the subject. There are several things that have become very clear to me:

1) There is some sort of mindset perpetuated by people that an erection that has not been coerced intentionally is something that is shameful and offensive, and thus needs to be hidden from view.

2) That erections in clothing-free/clothing-optional settings rarely occur.

3) That people who believe in 1) are just as stubborn as the people who advocate that a spontaneous erection should not have a stigma attached to it.

4) That since there are 28 (and still going) pages of said dialog on the subject, there's obviously a lot of concern (whether warranted or not.)

My own personal take on the subject:

I believe that there needs to be more education and tolerance towards the subject. Some people keep stressing that newcomers becoming acclimated to a nudist lifestyle might be scared away by the sight of the (according to numerous posts) rare erect penis. If that is the case, those who are introducing the people to said environment should perhaps be more forthright in their education. Something akin to "and since this is a nudist environment, you may occasionally see a man with a partial or full erection, but don't be alarmed as this doesn't pose any threat and it's a temporary situation. Anyone who poses a potential threat is always promptly removed. More than likely the man is more embarrassed than anything, so please try to be understanding." Wouldn't that be a refreshing change of pace than: "if you find yourself getting an unintentional erection, please run into the water or cover yourself with a towel because the sight of you in that state is very offensive."

And since there are people who seem to assume that those of us who are more open-minded about a hypothetical situation that supposedly rarely occurs but illicits such hostility are nothing more than people who want to walk around "flaunting" our "pro-boners" let me assure that is the furthest thing from my mind. I am very embarrassed about getting spontaneous erections (though they're usually not full-blown raging "hard-ons", not that it's state in percentages means much I suppose) and the last thing I need is to feel even more shameful and self-conscious. Thank you to those of you who are so close-minded that you actually have convinced me (and I'm sure there are other less vociferous people who are like-minded) from having any desire to visit a nudist environment for fear of being ostracized by something that is completely innocent. It's no wonder I'm reading about the aging population of these types of places, as many patrons seem to be stuck in some kind of nudist dark-ages, which amuses me to no end considering how the very same people try to preach being open-minded to non-nudist puritans.

CMx2
Forum Member

Posted - 08/26/2007 :  08:43:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In a perfect world, the rare "spontaneous" erection could be completely ignored but nobody here is that naive to believe we live in such a place.

Every person reading this knows (but many won't admit) that the day erections are considered acceptable in the nudist environment is the day exhibitionist perverts overrun every nudist venue.

This statement has been made in several different forms, but somehow the pro-boner guys always seem to miss it.

There are placed you can go if you want to wag your boner around in public but I know this doesn't interest the exhibitionists. For some odd reason, they'd rather flaunt themselves in front of our wives and children than go some place where their urges are accepted.

No matter what points are made here though, there will always be a random guy with less than a hand full of posts making a poor argument about how nudists need to be more accepting or that nudists are out dated or in the dark ages etc. Oh well.

Nightforce
Forum Member

Posted - 08/26/2007 :  9:46:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Nightforce an ICQ Message  Send Nightforce a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree that some restraint should be made if an erection occurs, however, I think JustSomeGuy did hit on a few valid points. Most of the men here are a bit older than myself and probably less likely to have spontaneous erections or be significantly aroused just by the sight of an attractive woman. Getting the first magazine with my AANR membership is evidence enough that there are few young nudists. I'd guess of all the photo's of the people in the articles/ads etc, that the average age of most nudists to be about 50. I myself being a fairly young man (34) and very new to nudism am STILL reluctant to visit a nudist resort. Not because of reluctance to show my less than perfect model body or size issues, but more because I feel I will have the issues this thread is discussing. Even though I know nudity isn't sexual, the sight of an attractive nude woman CAN and sometimes DOES effect a young man no matter his level of restraint; it's how we're made. If I can visit a nude beach first, hopefully the less concentrated atmosphere will allow me to be more comfortable and used to seeing naked bodies in a public setting which should lessen the impact of the experience and the frequency of erection. The general consensus that erections are bad certainly, in my mind, puts a damper on most younger people trying nudism.

As stated before, I don't think when someone gets an erection they should sport it like a newly engaged woman showing off her ring (sorry for the stereotype ladies) but certainly some tolerance should be conveyed as a general rule (and in the real world, from what I've read sounds to be the case) so that more younger people won't be so hesitant to try nudism.

Chance favors the prepared mind. - Louis Pasteur

beachalive
Forum Member

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  10:56:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, this issue that never seems to go away (unlike an unwanted erection, which will.) I've been a nudist for more than 30 years. While I don't belong to a club, I go nude in my home and yard, go to our nude beach numerous times every year, and enjoy other nude activites such as hiking and boating. Erections do happen, yes, even to nudists. Could be just the pleasant feeling of the sun and breeze on the body. Whatever. I have seen partial and full erections at our nude beach, and most people just seem to ignore them. No rushing for towels, rolling over on the stomach, or jumping into the sea. Just ignoring it. Still happens to me from time to time after these many years, whether in the home, outside gardening, occasionally on the beach, and even when hiking. It happens. Its happened when hiking with two other friends, (happened to two of the three of us). No handy towels, etc. Just ignored and it goes away. According to some here that makes me, (what was the term?, oh yeah), "pro-boner", but I can assure you, I have never "waved my boner in people's faces". Very mature. Its a natural occurrance. The reaction you see here on the forum seems more vehement than what actually happens in the real world. Or at least the world I have seen.

JustSomeGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  2:28:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, beachalive. That's encouraging. The (in my opinion) over-reacting and condemning attitude some people have towards this situation on this message board were making me believe that almost everyone in a social nudist setting would be disgusted and ostracize someone who had this happen to them. I'm glad not everyone shares the views they do.

Nightforce my problem doesn't even stem from women I find attractive, and I suspect it probably would happen even if I was nude in the presence of men. It's been a while since I was in a locker room setting, but I could swear even then I could feel things stirring down below. (I'm not gay or bi-sexual.) As I mentioned in my 1st post, the female guest we have in our house is not someone I find attractive in the least, so it's not a sexual thing. Rather, it's a feeling of being exposed, and the knowledge that I am naked in front of someone that causes the reaction. There's nothing sexual about it. It happens very very frequently, although yesterday there was about an hour or so window where I had zero reaction to being nude in front of her, and I was really happy about that. It didn't last very long and I was back to the same old same 'ol, but perhaps that was the start of being more comfortable.

Maybe there were a few people in this thread who have stated they should have a right to run around with an erection as the day is long, but don't lump those of us who are stating that it's an occasional problem for us in that group. I certainly am not one of them, and I don't appreciate you trying to get a reaction. I came to this message board to get some sound advice for resolving the issue, not putting band-aids on the problem and being made to feel like I was a leper.

I think beachalive might be on to something though. I'm still (relatively) young, and I highly suspect that many of the men on here who don't have this problem are a lot older. I'm sure it's common knowledge that as you age blood flow to that region becomes more restricted, so perhaps because the average age in a nudist setting is past the point where it would be seen more frequently it seems to be less of an issue. For myself, making the transition to being comfortable naked in front of others while still at an age where getting an erection can happen at the drop of a hat is pretty difficult from my experience so far. Like I said I do have times where it's not a big deal, and hopefully those times will become more the norm and less the exception, because I really do enjoy the comfort and freedom I feel sans clothing.

Notice: This moderator, operating under username 'Moderator', has been terminated for repeatedly censoring or altering posts without providing a clear indication of which policy was being enforced. Her actions were not sanctioned by this organization.

Edited by - Moderator on 08/27/2007 6:55:24 PM

beachalive
Forum Member

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  2:50:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well put, JustSomeGuy. To expand on the phrase of CMx2, I'm not "pro-boner", just anti-"boner hysteria". You mentioned being at an age where getting an erection can happen "at the drop of a hat". Well, I'm well past that age, I guess, and keep the hat on in the sun, but it can still happen at the drop of other clothing. Sometimes all it takes is just the wonderful feeling of being naked in the sunshine, yet again.

Notice: This moderator, operating under username 'Moderator', has been terminated for repeatedly censoring or altering posts without providing a clear indication of which policy was being enforced. Her actions were not sanctioned by this organization.

Edited by - Moderator on 08/27/2007 6:58:22 PM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  7:05:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beachalive

Well put, JustSomeGuy. To expand on the phrase of CMx2, I'm not "pro-boner", just anti-"boner hysteria". You mentioned being at an age where getting an erection can happen "at the drop of a hat". Well, I'm well past that age, I guess, and keep the hat on in the sun, but it can still happen at the drop of other clothing. Sometimes all it takes is just the wonderful feeling of being naked in the sunshine, yet again.

We're not hysterical, we are asking for the common courtesy of you not exposing your erection while we're trying to relax and de-stress.
I swore I was not going to type another post to this topic but I just have to. After being a nudist for almost 40 of my 60 years, it just doesn't happen that often and when it does do the same as when you sneeze, cover it.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  8:52:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri:

Well said, "God Bless You"!!

I know at some of our parties that we have had through the years, it may happen to one of the gentlemen, and believe me there is no malice intended.

We generally tell him to go take a dip in the pool, or take a "cold shower" and it is cold since it is outdoors!!!

Accidents to happen!!!!

Cookie

CMx2
Forum Member

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  5:18:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cookie

I know at some of our parties that we have had through the years, it may happen to one of the gentlemen, and believe me there is no malice intended.

We generally tell him to go take a dip in the pool, or take a "cold shower" and it is cold since it is outdoors!!!

Accidents to happen!!!!

This is a good example.

Erections are such a rare event among nudists that the occurrence is often measured in a period of years.

Some would have us believe that uncontrollable erections should happen in public on an hourly basis and that anyone who doesn't have constant erections has some sort of erectile dysfunction.

Well I'm fully functional male in my mid 30s and I've had plenty of exposure to all the things that pro-boner guys claim as the cause of their uncontrollable erections: wind, sun, water, rain, exercise, and last but not least, beautiful women with no clothes on.
But somehow, I've done the impossible by "controlling myself".

The day that it does happen I'll deal with the situation as politely and discreetly as possible.

Edited by - CMx2 on 08/29/2007 07:28:59 AM

Loki
Forum Member

Posted - 08/29/2007 :  02:51:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Loki's Homepage  Reply with Quote
JSG, your rage directed at CMx2 and similar nudists who spout hateful disparaging pejoratives as if they're compulsively indoctrinated to pretend that's somehow polite, with no clue that it's little more than a bigoted attack on values they may personally despise, seems highly deserved. Cheri and friends might best let your message stand, as an example of the impact that such nasty nudists send when they lash out to demean different views of sexuality and social norms.

I suspect one of the trends in nudism of long term nudists being less visually stimulated sexually than our larger society averages are accurate. I'm not sure the extent to which my own tendency to be sexually attracted to partners who I find "interesting" (usually a mix of 99th percentile IQ and a variety of life experiences) may have influenced my interest in naturism over the years to not promote as superficial interactions as other subcultures, versus how much social interactions with many "nude" people influenced me to be less visually triggered sexually (by 20 years ago, younger than some here became nudists).

The idea that erections are to be hidden isn't universal among nudists and naturists. Those pandering that old saw may be trying to protect sites, due to the legal and political threats which are overdue to be flushed from corrupt government. They may also merely be indoctrinated to spout the same style of prejudices RRR groups do, with a huge amount of hypocrisy to pretend elements of our humanity can or should be compartmentalized, while buying into pathological dogma pretending sexuality is evil. It's an issue of religious discrimination to suppress open personal choices about sexuality, where many people are in deep denial about those issues, and Abrahamic nudists often use nudism as if pop therapy for past dehumanizing religious abuses. I've known nudist females who quietly brag about getting a rise out of guys, and worked with nudist gays who were proud of the "basket shot" photos from gay nudist cruises, hosted offshore to avoid some of the prejudices found on this site and among many meatspace beach and resort venues. There are also cases of dunes and reeds adjacent to beaches being closed off under the false guise of protecting vegetation, when it was clear the real intent was to remove locations used for privacy by some who had sex on the beach, and found locations to avoid being in other people's faces.

We're also faced with fraudulent "harm to minors" legal standards in this country, where there's no reason for kids to be any more "harmed" seeing sexually active humans than to see other species in natural activities, or from viewing passive nudity. However, many parents and churches indoctrinate prejudices which cause conflicts and dysphoria or cognitive dissonance, alongside few related coping skills to resolve those feelings, which can be harmful to minors. Nudists lashing out as some do aggravate those problems where the child abuse standard really needs to be based on the full scope of civil rights based on accurate legal fact, and not prop up abusive and pathological dogma driven hate cults as our legal system commonly does. Those parents and churches would be treated as illegal child abusers under neutral application of Constitutional law.

Solve those conflicts in our larger society and government, and I'd bet the kind of pejorative hateful bigotry CMx2 expressed would become far less common, and more importantly, not reflect a real and serious threat to "nudity" itself (defined around sexual and excretory body parts, in effect a passive definition of sex itself based on twisted bible dogma). That cleanup of corruption in legal practice from the perversions of justice which now exist isn't an easy task.

"Not all the Greek runners in the original Olympics were totally naked. Some wore shoes." Mark Twain

CMx2
Forum Member

Posted - 08/29/2007 :  08:00:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Loki

We're also faced with fraudulent "harm to minors" legal standards in this country, where there's no reason for kids to be any more "harmed" seeing sexually active humans than to see other species in natural activities

Hey, I am more than happy with being referred to as a bigot against anyone who think its o.k. for children to witness adults engaged in sexual activity.

In fact, I believe people who do this are some of the worst scum on the planet.

Loki
Forum Member

Posted - 08/29/2007 :  1:04:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Loki's Homepage  Reply with Quote
CMx2, if you don't realize there's something badly broken about your attitude, why did you edit out some of your speech content my previous message discussed, immediately prior to your own last post?

Your last message prior to those edits impressed me as being a lot like a criminal violation of "fighting words" doctrine, if you aren't too much of a coward or hypocrite to act the same to people's faces as online. You succeeded in triggering JSG to do the verbal equivalent of punching you in the face, and pepper spray several thugs who appeared nearby and associated with your instigation, in legitimate self defense, from a situation which was unjustified and unjustifiable provocation. (Did you see that reaction message before mods apparently deleted it?)

You're proud of acting that way? Seriously?

==

Unlike online where I'd favor leaving those posts unedited as examples to others, in meatspace you can't take back that kind of instigation after someone reacts to it.

I'd suggest a large donation in lieu of fine to the Naturist Education Foundation's law library in memory of a notable naturist rights activist (the tax deductible 501(c)3 "sister" of TNS and NAC), and then a reading of Judge Titone's opinion in the NY topfree equality case below, which discusses in some detail difficult issues in our society of institutionalized bigotry and neutral, functional social order.

http://www.naturisteducation.org/Toni_Egbert_Library/toni_egbert_library.html

http://tinyurl.com/34ygyl

Or, for those not concerned about magnifying donations by quirks of an unConstitutional IRS Code, Liz Book's efforts in Florida and the work 1st Amendment specialist Larry Walters is doing on her (and our) behalf could use more support.

This kind of legal issue, and related personal and social practices, are serious problems because of prolific forms of bigotry which were Constitutional law honestly enforced relative to the diversity of the present populace, at least 30% of Americans would have their religious practices adjudicated as criminal. Note, I default to using a US law compatible broad meaning for religion, similar to that found in EEOC reg's like 29 CFR 1605.1 and SCOTUS precedents cited therein, which includes many people who self-identify as non-religious but have legally equivalent values and life practices. That includes many naturists, a few of whom naturism amounts to being a religion just as courts have ruled veganism is for some but not all vegans, while in other cases naturism, veganism, BDSM, or similar practices exist as parts of larger religions, or as nonreligious, in ways impossible to determine without private individual information law is not entitled to investigate, and therefore resulting in all laws which would require such information to selectively enforce being void, for those lacking basis to assert religious rights as well as those deserving protections of them. It would be simply impossible, in addition to a privacy violation, to investigate each affected person using the tests the 3rd Circuit developed in a Buddhist inmate's vegan diet suit (the most extensive US law analysis of practical application of more general religious rights principles) for whether Free Exercise rights attach to public nudity, or sexual, rights for any given person.

I view people who conspire to oppress such civil rights as disgusting perverts, along with their mercenary thugs, whether mob bosses (politicians) or directly violent enforcers (cops). That perversion is to the rule of law, social justice, and human rights.

The NCAC & ACLU hosted "Leading Coalition of Scholars" Amicus to US v Playboy, which overturned another maliciously defective piece of the CDA (deviously hidden within Title V of the incredibly long Telecommunications Act of 1996), focuses on some of the serious "harm to minors" legal and practical issues which used to attack nudism child raising (which is in rare studies shown to b

Edited by - Loki on 08/29/2007 1:18:17 PM

CMx2
Forum Member

Posted - 08/29/2007 :  3:14:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't read all that but the only edit I made in my previous post was changing the phrase "Pervs would have us believe" to "Some would have us believe"

You're right. If I'm concerned about accuracy, I should have left it as it was.

And yes, I am very proud to do what I can to protect our children from being sexualized.

Pooh Bear

Posted - 09/03/2007 :  2:27:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Pooh Bear an AOL message  Click to see Pooh Bear's MSN Messenger address  Send Pooh Bear a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am now to this site but i say this ...Erections happen and sex happens .I think the erections are nature and so is sex ... but I say if the sex is kept so called private and you are not going around like a 2 dollar slut trying to lay ever man or woman you see, and also keep it legal . I don't see any reason why it should matter if your a nudist for sex or nudist for life/fun reasons. Now if you walk up to some one and just ask them to go have sex then yes that gives nudity a bad name but if you are at the nude beach and meet some one and have nice conversations and fun together ,and for some reason you two hit it off and the two decide to move further in the relationship (yes this wouldn't happen in one night but over a period of time )whats wrong if they do make love or have sex how ever you wanna say it .

Please for give me if i was or seemed out of line .. my apologies

Page: of 32 Previous Topic: So I was thinking about becomming a nudist Topic Next Topic: My questions & problems wanting to be a nudist  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.37 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved