Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 447 ]  [ Total: 447 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Frequently Asked Questions
 Do you have a question not covered here?
 Is an open leg posture acceptable?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: performing nude as a musician Topic Next Topic: older members
Page: of 5

Gary Douglas
Forum Member

Posted - 08/30/2003 :  05:57:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like some feedback about something that I wouldn't feel comfortable asking someone directly about.

When I'm laying out by the pool with others, I feel most comfortable, when on my back, to have my arms above or behind my head and my legs fully open. Although I like the exposure to the sun, it's more a feeling of openess that just 'feels good'. I've noticed others, usually guys, that have their legs pretty much wide open also, so it appears to be okay. I just don't want to do something that seems like an 'in-your-face' type of posture that might be offensive to others.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/30/2003 :  10:24:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's where I would apply a double standard...If women were to do it, I'm not so sure about how polite it would be. When visiting parks, I'm not so sure how many do or don't. I'm off to Carolina Foothills and will let you know when I get back on MOnday.

:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

eva-germany
Forum Member

Posted - 08/31/2003 :  05:55:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit eva-germany's Homepage  Reply with Quote
why always complicate things?
relax, enjoy and do what you normally do.
Open legs, closed legs, crossed legs, who cares.
it is the mind of some people what needs adjusting, not the legs.
if you have to watch, how you sit, lay, squat etc. you are in the wrong place.
when people think that you should watch when you "display" your genitales, maybe these people should not be nudists but be better of behind cloister walls and praying for the wicked world outside.

eVa ~ thymoma cancer survivor http://thymoma.de šOš webmistress of The Openminded Nudist Board

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  09:19:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well said eva. and besides to determine what is appropriate, you have to be checking it out anyway. so who exactly is appropriate?

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  09:48:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
eva and calmnude, I'm with you. Who cares if someone (female or male) has legs open? I see it all the time at the beach--people are relaxed and comfortable. Also, they want a full tan. If someone feels self conscioous about it--don't do it. I never give it a second thought.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  7:23:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I looked around me this afternoon before we packed up and headed home. For the most part, men layed on the chaises with legs spread. Women had their legs crossed at the ankles or straight.

I did play a little water volleyball and in fact, the team I was on, won the last 2 games!

:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Gary Douglas
Forum Member

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  10:31:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, it sounds like I can put this one out of my mind and do what comes naturally. Thanks to all for the feedback!

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 09/02/2003 :  6:02:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gary,

Be natural and enjoy.

Red

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  03:09:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have never thought much about about it until the topic was brought up. I tend to lay with my legs open, and see a lot of others doing the same. I do not really think it makes much of a difference. I have never had anyone tell me to close my legs, that what I was doing was rude.

Kim =^.^=

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  09:17:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
doesnt really matter, unless its blatantly sexual, as far as im concerned.

tucsonnude
Forum Member

Posted - 09/26/2003 :  09:50:34 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tucsonnude's MSN Messenger address  Send tucsonnude a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have seen many pics of nude people. And for some reason the guys like to sit with leg open for pictures. Just a guy thing I guess. But no matter how u lay out in the sun..eva is so right on..for eva.. off topic etc..I was stationed in n germany in the late sixties and loved every moment of it..

rockinghorse61
Forum Member

Posted - 10/01/2003 :  7:20:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was once a time when a man's penis was considered unviewable in any manner. Gladly, we have long since overcome that. The same should be for the female genitals. If a woman is sitting in a natural and comfortable cross legged position and her vagina shows, what of it if is dry and does not reflect any sexual feelings or intent. If a man's genitals can show without any sexual ramifications, why not a woman's? Afterall, fair is fair.

jerrysue
Forum Member

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  9:37:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Generally I cant understand why it seems there is soo much conscern about such things. A nudist in my understanding is comfortable with himself and the sight of others in their natural state. I think that toooo much time is spent in over analizing peoples actions. Way too much "TABOO" seems to carry over from the textile community. I have read so many conscerns about unprovoced erections or women sitting with their legs open or their lips "Vaginal opening" being open. Even though I totaly agree with the idea that when you get nude you are not necessarily about to have sex, I dont believe that one can leave his sexualty behind when he takes off his clothes. In general nudist are more aware and comfortable with sex, their body and its functions, but forums like this seem to be dominated by more conservative people such as Cheri with the agenda to seperate nudity from sex. I dont think that a natural body reaction that would happen normally while clothed should be any different than while nude, but it shouldn't go any further than it would while clothed either. Or for that matter any body position that would be appropriate while clothed should also be appropriate nude. Being comfortable with our sexuality doesn't mean that we are going to have public sex it just means you shouldn't have to fear how you will react to normal everyday things. Such as the wind blowing accross your nipples as a woman or the warmth of the sun on your penis as a man, not to mention the sight of a beautiful woman. I think that nudist are being conditioned negatively to stop thinking about sex. The average male has sexual thoughts constantly throughout the day and or erections . This is a natural thing and it will subside rather quickly but it does not mean I want to have sex right now. Let things be and just enjoy life. Stop being offended by trivial things. Allow others around you to also enjoy life. Let go of some of your taboos and just live a little.

replies would be appreciated.

Edited by - jerrysue on 10/02/2003 9:55:56 PM

rockinghorse61
Forum Member

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  11:49:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Right on, Jerrysue. We are overanlyzing. Good as long as such sexual reactions do not create false impressions.

Bare in the Desert
Forum Member

Posted - 10/03/2003 :  12:47:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, in a perfect world everyone would be understanding and accepting of each other. Different people, through different experiences in life, have learned how to conduct themselves in different ways. Some less open than others. I personally view everything scientifically and agree with you, these are normal human body functions and feelings we all have. There's nothing to be embarrassed about, we should all be comfortable with our bodies and our sexuality. But yet, I am still embarrassed to have an erection in front of others for fear of how they would react but am not offended by the sight of others with the same. The analysis in these forums have been helpful. I feel less nervous about having an erection in public based on how many people accept it as normal. And now that its not that big of an issue within me, I can move on and enjoy life just that much more.

Some people are open minded, some learn to be and some are stuck in their ways, its their choice. I personally dont see conservative or liberal people here, just different views.

Dare to be Bare

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 10/03/2003 :  03:02:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with you Bare in the Deswet, I think people are blowing this thing out of proportion. My hubby and sons get erections, and they say sometimes it happens with out warning, that they are not thinking about anything sexual. My sons have said that it is very embarrassing for them to have erections in public. I think that if everyone just left well enough alone there would be no problem. I do not mind seeing a mans erection, it is not offensive to me. Its going to happen to guys so why should they have to cover up or co take a cold shower? Is it offensive to people if my nipples get hard? Should I cover them up till they subside? I think we have a double standard here. Just my 2 cents worth.

Kim =^.^=

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: performing nude as a musician Topic Next Topic: older members  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.28 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved