Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 499 ]  [ Total: 499 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Men - From the Male Point of View
 Nudism From a Man's Viewpoint
 Circumcision as an Adult?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Must you be circumcised to be a proper nudist? Topic Next Topic: foreskin etiquette
Page: of 2

TheNudeGhost

Posted - 07/25/2009 :  11:09:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey fellow nude bros,

I have an issue that I am a little embarassed to ask about. I am uncircumcized, and a nudist (obviously). I am usually pretty comfortable in my own skin, but when I am surrounded by a large quantity of attractive circumcized penises, I get a little self-conscience. I have been pondering the idea of getting circumcized now, at the age of 34. I assume this could be a painful process, but it could be worth it. Do any of you think it would be a good idea to move forward with the procedure? Has anyone here been circumcized after they were an adult? I'd really like to stop envying guys with a nice clean cut penis.

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  3:27:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The entire question, as you point out directly, is in YOUR OWN ATTITUDE about the question. Like body piercing, taqttoos and similar "bod mod" it is all in how you view yourself and what you are interested in. Unless you have a wife or "significant other" who is deeply involved, nothing else matters, and no one else is inside your private head space.
I used to have a Prince Albert that I had to abandon for diabetic complications, and my Wife has 4 modest rings in her inner labia. Suit yourself.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  5:14:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Think for a second. Are you seeking to make more friends at a nudist facility? Would the people you'd like to make friends with reject you or shun you because you are not circumcised? If they did reject you, what that tell you about them? Right; they were shallow people. Do you want to be around shallow people, or with people who don't care about your penis, but like you for who you really are.

Sometimes our "shortcomings" filter out those people with whom we should waste not time.

Here is an abbreviated Aesop's Fable. Just what we need!! A moose was admiring his antlers while seeing his reflection in a pond. He took great pride in how they looked. No other moose had antlers as fine as his, the thought. However, he hated his skinny legs. He thought they looked pathetic and weak. A true embarrassment to him, in his thinking.

Suddenly, he heard something or someone coming near him. It was a hunter looking for a kill. The moose ran fast to get away from a sure fate of being killed. He ran off to the forest with amazing speed. His legs were quick and strong, even thought he hated their looks. Soon he was in the thick of the forest, still on the run. His antlers got caught in the dense tree branches, and the hunter caught up after a while and finished off the moose.

Moral of the story was -- that which you admire about yourself can be your undoing, but that which you dislike about yourself, can be your advantage.

"The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home."
James Madison

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  6:07:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Circumcision is a bit more involved in an adult than it is in an infant - definitely not a trivial procedure. A urologist can give you the gory details. As far as the health benefits of circumcision, the "experts" seem to change their mind about it every five years or so. I tend to agree with Warmskin: keep your foreskin, but have your antlers sawed off.

Ronps
Forum Member

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  6:37:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, this is kind of a hot topic. I have always been circumcised and glad of it. I view it as a hygiene thing and also appearance. I know that sounds vain....There are so many pros and cons to this. If this is something you have wanted to do and you are concerned about appearance, then DO IT. I heard it is not a major surgery and you heal quickly. But you will be avoiding a boner for a few weeks.

Randall50
Forum Member

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  8:43:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am circumcised and had my son circumcised when he was born. The only reason then was just because: Father like son. Today I understand that the incidence of AIDS is higher among men who have foreskin than those who do not. I am not a scientist nor a medical person and really have no background to challenge this data. I do understand that behavior is the leading factor in contracting this dreaded disease, not that you have foreskin or not. As a parent today, I am grateful I had my son circumcised (who knows what his sexual practices will be?). If your sexual behavior is not among those listed as AIDS-related, then there is no worry. However, I do believe in making the human psyche as comfortable as possible. If you want to be circumcised, then do so. You won't be the first.

Seneca
Forum Member

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  10:33:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was circumcised when I was 38, due to a medical condition that caused my foreskin to shrink. It was painful to retract it. The actual procedure wasn't a problem as an anesthetic was injected around the head of my penis. What was painful was the 1-2 weeks it took to heal. There was a lot of itching around the stitches (and no scratching, of course). Nocturnal erections caused much pain too. You have to apply an antibiotic ointment 4 to 6 times daily also. I'm 54 now and have had no trouble since the healing was complete.

Life is a journey, not a guided tour. You have to decide which route to follow.

Kender
Forum Member

Posted - 07/29/2009 :  12:56:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As with any voluntary body mods my first advice is try to accept the body God gave you. If you still feel that you want to go through with it then do it for yourself and only yourself. If you are trying to please others then you will end up dissatisfied with the change. Nudism is all about body acceptance so this may be an instance where you feel self conscientious about something that no one else gives a second thought about. If you do it, do it for yourself, best of luck.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  01:05:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i was circumsized as a infant probably like the majority, if given the choice i would have not been cut i don't think people should change or modify their bodies, be proud of what you got and that goes for women too who have breast implants, i would think they would enjoy not lugging around big, heavy breast. unless it's a medical problem be glad you weren't cut. and remember nudist are suppose to accept you as is !

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  01:23:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too am circumcised as that was was done to most baby boys at the time. Now the opposite is the case in Australia and my son is not circumcised. He asked me once when he was very young when he would grow that round bit on the end and I told him he already had it but that he was luckier than me as he has skin to protect a really sensitive part of his body. We taught him it was important to wash properly. He asked me some time later if I could get my bit of skin back and i answered that i would if I could so I would go the other way as again it is what nature intended. Leave it alone man.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  7:42:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with soonbnude, Don't do it, your foreskin is natures best sunblock. I think that is even more important to a nudist.

Diger

jacksriverhiker
Forum Member

Posted - 11/13/2009 :  11:35:46 PM  Show Profile  Send jacksriverhiker an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
I had pretty much the same issue as Seneca - my foreskin had shrunk to the point that it was almost impossible to retract, even when bathing, without pain. So in my early 30s I had it snipped. I actually have more sensitivity than before, even 20 years later.

Ricki00
Forum Member

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  3:24:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ronps

Yeah, this is kind of a hot topic. I have always been circumcised and glad of it. I view it as a hygiene thing and also appearance. I know that sounds vain....There are so many pros and cons to this. If this is something you have wanted to do and you are concerned about appearance, then DO IT. I heard it is not a major surgery and you heal quickly. But you will be avoiding a boner for a few weeks.

I do view it as a hygienic reason to be circumcised.This debate based on advantages and disadvantages on both sides should have acceptance in the naturist envoirnment.So it doesn't matter wether a man is cut or uncut.I have been circumcised when I was 17 since do to the fact that my skin wouldn't pull all the way up.

BTW that's how I got into the nude lifestyle when I would be in my room alone after being circumcised with a sensivitve penis I would take off my close including my underwear since it would hurt my penis and it was a tight underwear, and so I sat on a towel.This was on one hot summer year were my parents busy working, that I spent home alone for 8-10hrs a day except on Sat & Sun.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 12/14/2009 :  11:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there are several site for restoring but it takes a long time and alot of patience, if not cut don't cut should be the rule today.

steve_c
Forum Member

Posted - 12/12/2010 :  11:14:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im trying to restore mine . i would say not to . its proven that you lose about 40-60% sensitivity when circumsized .

JimmieMac51
Forum Member

Posted - 12/12/2010 :  5:36:44 PM  Show Profile  Send JimmieMac51 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was circumcised at 25. The doctor used the hygenic excuse but didn't eleviate the initial problem.
Yes, very painful, I would never have it done it if I would've known the turnout.
If you've got it, might as well keep it.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Must you be circumcised to be a proper nudist? Topic Next Topic: foreskin etiquette  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.22 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved