Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 166 ]  [ Total: 166 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Hotel Nudism: Anyone Practice Nudism on the road?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Thanks  To   Veterans Topic Next Topic: body piercings
Page: of 5

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2010 :  10:56:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must admit that I'm not brave enough to venture outside my hotel/motel room while nude because I don't want to use that method to find out what legal problems might ensue. I suspect that being discovered nude in a motel hallway wouldn't be the same as being discovered nude out on the street, but I don't know how the law might view it. Are there any here who can shed some light on this?

Bill in Cincinnati

Nudists are everywhere, but they're hard to identify with their clothes on.

Randall50
Forum Member

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  9:16:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A hotel might be a good place for some of you to test your nudist nerve. I spend my time nude in a hotel room because like many of you I prefer working in the nude. Most of the time I forget I'm nude. It's natural and normal. Opening the hotel door and picking up the paper takes a brief moment but for some of you that may be the act to test your nudist nerve. Be careful. Nudism is still unacceptable to most people. Walking to the ice machine or opening the door to room service is a dramatic step you may regret (take your room key with you to the ice machine!). I did open the door once to room service - nude - and the room service guy didn't say a word. Most hotel people are professionals and not interested in making a problem. I had "forgotten" I was nude. I'm sorry I did that, though, because I have no right to force my life style on anyone else. If I want to be nude in public, there are places for that.

To gain confidence I always heard: "Imagine the person sitting in his underwear." Funny, I had nothing on at all.

Ranger191
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  12:12:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ranger191's Homepage  Send Ranger191 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
What do you do about room service? Do you cover up when they bring the food in? In the past, I've tried to stand behind the door and just take the tray. Most of the times I'm successful at this (figuring that the hotel staff may not wish to see a nude man, but some of those trays require two hands because they're so large.

McNigel
Forum Member

Posted - 05/13/2010 :  03:18:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hotel, house, whatever. Are you really naked if there is a barrier between you and everybody else. Be it clothes or walls?

barefootguyinco
Forum Member

Posted - 05/20/2010 :  02:01:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit barefootguyinco's Homepage  Send barefootguyinco a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nudism is about being naked, not about being seen naked, so yes, you are really naked even if there is a barrier between you and everyone else. Sure, we all wish we could be naked anywhere, anytime, but that's not happening.

Body shame, like prejuduce, is not natural. It is learned from others and benefits no one.

FlCpl4NewdFun
Forum Member

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  1:40:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ranger191

What do you do about room service? Do you cover up when they bring the food in? In the past, I've tried to stand behind the door and just take the tray. Most of the times I'm successful at this (figuring that the hotel staff may not wish to see a nude man, but some of those trays require two hands because they're so large.

Not sure why you wouldn't just wrap yourself in a towel or throw on a robe. Kinda weird to hide behind the door, but hey who am I to judge.

What I usually do in the morning is order my breakfast then wait about 15 minutes then get in the shower. By the time I'm done showering and shaving the food is waiting for me in my room set up nicely on the desk or table. I suspect this is a fairly common process with business travelers.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  9:59:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
for those that wander nude outside their motel room i hope you have better luck with those darn plastic key cards then i do, it never fails that the light always turns red instead of green when i slip it in the slot, i can't imagine being nude in the hallway and the card not working. but when i gets dark and the pool isn't crowded i will go skinnydipping.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  12:07:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I usually don't trust the key card in those situations. I just move that sliding bar lock in front of the door so my door doesn't close all the way.

dragon
Forum Member

Posted - 05/23/2010 :  04:07:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit dragon's Homepage  Send dragon a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I believe I heard that Germany had a hotel that their guests has to be nude. This was suppose to be in the downtown area. I was thinking about going to Germany for a vacation and I might look into this hotel.

I just found the first link that describes the hotel and the second one is for the hotel, but doesn't mention about nudity.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/01/germanys-first-nudist-onl_n_181917.html

http://www.rosengarten.it/

www.groups.yahoo.com/group/nakedforfreedom

Edited by - dragon on 05/23/2010 04:20:27 AM

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 03/12/2011 :  10:33:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just got back from Vegas. Still learning how my camera works.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24894360@N03/sets/72157626248102998/

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/5172004/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

n/a
deleted

Posted - 04/18/2012 :  3:44:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I am unable to skinnydip at a hotel the most nudity for me is just being nude in the room often only person who might even see it occur is the maid bring more pillows or towels up.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 04/18/2012 :  4:17:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just returned from two weekend trips ... one to Vegas and the other in San Diego.

The Vegas trip we were sharing a room with one daughter and two grandkids. Though we weren't our "usual" selves and naked the entire time ... we slept nude, got up used the restroom and showered and got ready all together.

Even our daughter was fine with it and participated. She's coming around more and more and wants to visit our club and join.

Our trip to San Diego was awesome. We had an 1100 sq ft suite to ourselves. Usually the entire family, all 11 of us share this room but schedules conflicted and this time it was only me and the Prof. Huge room, partial private balcony ... quite nice at night and view of the marina. We had our patio doors open and sheers pulled back in the daytime and closed the sheeers at night and enjoy our weekend just like we were at home!

I think that if anyone saw us ... they didn't care because it's not like we are parading around in front of the windows. We are just going about our business like we would if we were clothed. I really think that many won't say anything to you or call the cops if you're just acting normally.

My thoughts anyway!

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/18/2012 :  6:24:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I was in Scottsdale, AZ last June and July, I was able to spend some good quality naked time outside. First I was in the hot tub, at night, I'd sit where I could see everyone approaching, and then I'd slip my bathing suit off and just enjoy the water. Then when I went back to my room, I kept the door unlocked and unscrewed the light bulbs outside my room and the room next to me (all of the rooms faced the outside). I was on the second floor and it was an absolutely gorgeous warm night, so I had a few beers & smoked a cigar outside. I even started walking around the outside of the hotel, once even leaving the hotel property and going over to a park across the street. At one point, I was standing there and I heard voices. I looked and two workers, a male & female, had just come up the stairs. I know they saw me standing there, but they just went about their business.
Once I was finished, I screwed the light bulbs back in and went back into my room.

I was also in San Diego that trip and had a nice room in Old Town with it's own little balcony. Again, I turned my light off and unscrewed the light bulb in the room next door to me and I hung out on my balcony & enjoyed a few brews.

boied

Posted - 04/18/2012 :  6:43:04 PM  Show Profile  Click to see boied's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I too get Naked as soon as I'm in a Motel Room and Stay Naked for How Better can I relax but Naked?? an Often (Weather Permitting),sleep Naked out on the Deck if they have one..

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 04/20/2012 :  2:19:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A couple months ago I was at a Best Western hotel. After dinner I decided to get some ice, and being naked in my room that meant getting ice naked. It was down 2 flights of stairs to the ice machine, but my room was near the stairs. I opened the door and stepped out into the hall, and found myself face to face with 2 men going into a room farther down. Oops. I backed up and closed my door. After 15 minutes nobody from management had called with a complaint so I peeked out carefully, and then went downstairs to the NOISY ice machine. I didn't notice anyone that time.

About 10:30, after a couple drinks, it was time to hit the hot tub. I put on a swim suit and some shorts and T for my trip through the lobby and headed out. When I arrived at the pool room some guy was adjusting the furniture, probably a manager. I left my swim suit on getting into the hot tub. He soon left so my suit came off, hot tubbing in a suit is stupid. I soaked for about half an hour and since I was getting overly warm I wondered how the swimming pool was. I stood up naked, ignoring both the video "security" with the screen by the front desk, and the windows to the manager's office with shades closed. A check with my toe told me that the pool temp was too cold for me so I figured it was time to dry off and go back to my room.

I was standing there naked, drying off with one of their towels, when some staff female came into the pool room. She came over and told me that the pool closed at 11 PM. It was now 11:15. I offered that I was just leaving. She suggested I come back when the pool oenes again at 7 AM. She didn't mention that I was naked, and apparently expected me to return naked the next morning. I did that, and left my swim suit in my room.

Thinking back on my experience, they had a lot of empty rooms that night. The hotel business, especially at some older hotels, is not a boom times. They have to do as much as possible to attract and keep customers. They don't want to turn any paying customer away and will accomodate almost any behavior that doesn't cause a huge disturbance for other guests. My guess is that hotel management isn't going to complain to guests, even naked guests running about, if they can avoid it. There may be exceptions, but driving away guests is bad for business.

Edited by - Bob Knows on 04/20/2012 2:20:45 PM

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Thanks  To   Veterans Topic Next Topic: body piercings  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.18 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved