Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 189 ]  [ Total: 189 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Special Interest Groups - Nudist-Oriented
 Nudist Youth Forum - 18 to 25 only please
 Welcome to the nudist youth forum—ages 18-25 only
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Telling my parents Topic Next Topic: Your Friends
Page: of 2

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 02/16/2010 :  01:18:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This forum area is for younger nudists between 18 and 25 years of age to discuss issues unique to this age group.

To post, log in and click Reply To Topic to add comments to this thread, or use New Topic to start a new discussion.

nudistgrrl
Forum Member

Posted - 02/16/2010 :  01:27:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit nudistgrrl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well, ive noticed that there arent very many people my age (18) that are intersted in being a nudist.... i was wondering why.... or atleast the y dont seem to be interested.

just thought id get the ball rolling!

<3 Anna

dtidew
Forum Member

Posted - 02/16/2010 :  2:47:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same here Anna
It just seems that people our age (19) should take advantage of our newly found freedom and at least try going nude

nudistgrrl
Forum Member

Posted - 02/16/2010 :  3:29:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit nudistgrrl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeah. i agree.

<3 Anna

TAN

Posted - 02/16/2010 :  8:37:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agreed dtidew. It'd be great if we could get a bunch of younger nudists here.

mialove
Forum Member

Posted - 02/16/2010 :  8:47:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, guys! I'm Mia, and I'm 20.
I think I can answer the question about why more people in our age group aren't interesting in participating in naturalism/nudism...
American society is so sexualized. The human body is seen as something highly desirable, erotic, but it is also taboo. I mean, the media can show a girl in next to nothing, but NOT nothing because that would be "lewd". Its very strange. Anyway, 18-25 year olds have grown up in a time where they're shown everything BUT, and the "unknown", I think, scares them.

Haha Sorry to get all philosophical on you :)

dtidew
Forum Member

Posted - 02/16/2010 :  9:07:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that the human body IS something highly desirable and can be erotic (there is no denying that) but I agree with Mia that so many people our age cannot grasp the other, non-sexual side of nudity. Its just basically what environment you are in. If you are in an erotic setting, nudity is erotic. If you are in a casual setting, nudity is non-sexual.

TAN

Posted - 02/16/2010 :  9:13:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mia is completely right and it's unfortunate that people can't separate nudity from sexuality in the US. I mean you go over to places like Spain and seeing a women topless is no big deal. In America, it's like she is just trying to sell herself.

I've got a friend who I've introduced to nudism, but no guarantees that she'll create an account. She's a few months younger than me, but also a lot more shy about it. Heck, from what she told me, she's only comfortable around me and that's when I'm nude too.

nudistgrrl
Forum Member

Posted - 02/17/2010 :  12:12:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit nudistgrrl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well, im glad you, TAN have found a friend!

but, Mia unfortunately is totally correct...

<3 Anna

TAN

Posted - 02/17/2010 :  3:10:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah it is pretty nice. Any of you guys got friends who are into nudism that are young? Would be nice to get some more people here.

dtidew
Forum Member

Posted - 02/17/2010 :  3:27:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well my girlfriend joined me at a nude beach twice this summer but I doubt she would classify herself as a nudist

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 02/18/2010 :  01:27:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don't forget we created an entire forum for 18-25 year olds. It's bigger than just this thread. If you go up one level to Nudist Youth Forum - 18 to 25 only please, you can start topics of your own. Go there and click New Topic. Just keep them on-topic for the age group and they'll be approved.

Let's consider this thread you are now reading to be the nudist youth "welcome" thread.

mialove
Forum Member

Posted - 02/18/2010 :  01:51:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In regards to having friends who are also into nudism...
In short, I have definitely had more luck in making friends who are understanding, accepting, and participating in nudism now that I'm living overseas.

P.S. I'm taking the Admin up on the offer, and I'm starting a topic in the forum. Reply, everyone!

WehttamNude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/13/2010 :  9:48:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with both TAN and dtidew. I just turned 20 this year and from what I understand is that many kids just have been raised both by their parents and by American society to equate the nude human body to sex and lewdness. Therefore it must be inherently wrong. Sad I think. I wish it were different. Well at least we know better!!

--"Somehow life goes on"

Charged
Forum Member

Posted - 03/21/2010 :  12:05:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tan is right, it's not our generation, but our country's fixed image on nudity=sex. This image is particularly damaging to teenagers and young adults who are new to their sexuality and who are self-concious about their bodies. Also, America is known to have little tolerance on difference. Compared to our European neighbors, we are very conservative.

eastrental

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  07:04:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's really discouraging! I hope that we can all find places to fit in and be who we want to be. It's too bad our society and protestant upbringing (as a country) has led us to feel that our bodies are evil. I am hoping to find a good place to be a nudist with people around my age!

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Telling my parents Topic Next Topic: Your Friends  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.34 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved