Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 138 ]  [ Total: 138 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 Starting your own nudist club
 starting non landed club.
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: 25 Acre Belize Island Topic Next Topic: How to start your own nudist club ...
Page: of 3

cheef
Forum Member

Posted - 06/05/2004 :  12:07:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit cheef's Homepage  Send cheef an AOL message  Click to see cheef's MSN Messenger address  Send cheef a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StuffedTiger
There was a discussion on Cheef.com some time ago about why the clubs failed. Cheef might know because I understand he is also in the Philly area. ...Also, I suspect leadership issues because of the time requirements.

Cheef may even have mailing lists.

This is an old post, but I hadn't seen it until someone revived the thread.

Bucks County Bare died because it lost its pool shortly after the club started, and it never gained momentum beyond its founder.

Tri State Metro Naturists died because it lost its location at a time of leadership crisis.

Metro Naturists died because of a loss of leadership.

http://cheef.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nudist-news-group/

naturalgar
Forum Member

Posted - 06/05/2004 :  11:23:48 AM  Show Profile  Send naturalgar a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Many years ago when I was involved with the Jaycees, clubs would die do to loss of leadership and lack of interest, but there were still interested members...the clubs regional organization would then go in and try to re-start...(re-extend ) the club to get it going again under new leadership.

jobydbuffalol

Posted - 07/02/2004 :  05:42:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit jobydbuffalol's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd love to get some kind of nudist activities or club going here in Buffalo, NY or find one. Even if just to get together and play board games and stuff.

joby@dbuffalo.com

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/03/2004 :  10:38:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joby, Friends of Buffalo disbanded because of low membership. Perhaps you can resurrect it.

:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

naturalgar
Forum Member

Posted - 07/03/2004 :  10:56:31 AM  Show Profile  Send naturalgar a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Joby,

One of the keys to you getting somthing started would be to get a core group of people who might be interested. Even if it was just you and your wife.Then you could form a Yahoo group online called for lack of a better name "Buffalo Nudists" or the old name Cheri mentioned "Freinds of Buffalo". That would act as a clearing house and would be an easy way to find some like minded people in your area.
When everyone gets to know each other via the yahoo group, then hold your first "meet & greet" meeting and cobine it with an activity of some type. Just a thought!
Good Luck,
Gary

a6seiis

Posted - 01/24/2006 :  03:16:34 AM  Show Profile  Send a6seiis an ICQ Message  Click to see a6seiis's MSN Messenger address  Send a6seiis a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We are in a non land based club in New Zealand, it is called Nudvan, we meet in places others are not able to get to. and also go to clothes free resorts.WE have a president, treasurer, secretary and a rule book which is loosely followed by its committee members.

E.C.Sarginson

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  10:47:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We don't have a club as you would call it a club, but we have approx. 15 couples who enjoy getting together during the winter months. We take turns and have parties at each other homes.

As soon as the cool air hits the Northeast which is September we start making plans.

For instance in October we have an Halloween Party. Costumes are a must!

November we have a Pre Thanksgiving Party.

December needless to say everyone is pretty busy with family etc., so we have a New Years Eve Party.

February is Ground Hog Day.

March is all green "St. Patricks Day"!

April, we celebrate the beginning of Spring and looking forward to the warmth of the Summer.

Having these parties makes the Winter seem to pass by a little quicker.

We all take turns, and everyone will bring a pot luck dish. So the expense is kept down.

But yet we are able to enjoy be nude with our friends in the dead of Winter.

Super Bowl Party Today!!!!!!

Cookie

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  1:49:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cookie, Be careful. I've had acquaintances attend a party that was not under the umbrella of a nudist organization and there was a problem.

Cheri

-
-

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  7:28:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri:

Thanks for for your advice, and believe me when my wife and I went to our first party my wife was quite apprehensive, but in the years we have had not one incident, and it has been quite nice to gather with our friends and enjoy each other company.

Cookie

Cookie

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  09:50:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In this thread, we have three posts from Melissa Starr, and one from Cheef. Well, as a followup, the Philly Nudes (Phi Nu) club was started two years ago this next week. These two have provided excellent ongoing leadership! So, it is possible to start and maintain a new non-landed group.

rangerjames73
Forum Member

Posted - 12/24/2007 :  12:52:44 PM  Show Profile  Send rangerjames73 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Dose it have to be a club, or can a group of friends just get together and go?

As times change time will change

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 12/24/2007 :  4:29:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rangerjames73

Dose it have to be a club, or can a group of friends just get together and go?

Yes, a group of friends can just get together as a social group. However, if you want that group to be safer (under the umbrella of a national organization) and thrive with great positive marketing and public relations without fear from legalities, you would do better to be a formal club with dues and such to pay for all the advertising, the phone, webpage, email, paper goods, food, etc.

My club is now in its 21st year.
Cheri

-
-

traisjames
Forum Member

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  12:19:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit traisjames's Homepage  Click to see traisjames's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by calmnude

melissa, there used to be a couple in the lancaster area, two in maryland (landed), maybe 3, pen-mar?,aanr site would have more up to date list

quote:
Melissa, I'm near the philly area.

Red

I think we need not a form but a map where we can put pins in saying where we are from if we want to disclose that. Admin...maybe an idea for the upgrade?

From the guy with his eye on the sky

rabbitnbunny
Forum Member

Posted - 10/06/2012 :  6:30:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit rabbitnbunny's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I found it extremely easy to start a nudist group on MeetUp.com We're up to 30 members, and making friends. There's quite a few nudist/naturist groups on MeetUp.

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 10/15/2012 :  10:03:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rabbitnbunny

I found it extremely easy to start a nudist group on MeetUp.com We're up to 30 members, and making friends. There's quite a few nudist/naturist groups on MeetUp.

I started a Meetup group too. We have only 6 members so far. Perhaps next year it will grow.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: 25 Acre Belize Island Topic Next Topic: How to start your own nudist club ...  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.21 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved