Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 164 ]  [ Total: 164 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 How did you first personally hear about nudism?
 How did you first personally hear about nudism?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: What Originally Drew You To Nudism? Topic
Page: of 16

papapalmesdixon
Forum Member

Posted - 01/27/2004 :  5:33:07 PM  Show Profile  Send papapalmesdixon a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was about 9 when a 95+ year old man moved in next door. He told me about nudist "colonies" and that he had been president of one when he was younger. His description made it all sound right and fun. That afternoon I was running around the backyard naked and happy. Mom called me in and I told her what I had learned. She didn't say that Woody was wrong, but we don't do that. In later years she sometimes bragged to her friends that I was a nudist.
My wife is not, but she doesn't object to me being nude around the house. We have two daughters, 6 & 7 and it doesn't make any difference to them. They try to sleep nude, but my wife won't let them. I am sure when they are older they will return to the idea.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  05:16:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Whether or not they will return to nudism is dependent on what they learn as kids papapalmesdixon. Right now they are getting two different signals. One they are seeing you nude and enjoying it. Two their mother is not letting them be nude. They may grow up with the feeling that nudity is wrong, for them at least.

Kim =^.^=

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  10:48:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nudkiwi, lol. Great point!

irishred

papabare
Forum Member

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  02:46:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit papabare's Homepage  Send papabare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
First, repling back to some old posts. For a nudist I own way too many swimsuits, usually because I never remember to pack them because who would want to wear a suit. Then I realize all the ppl @ the hotel pool might want me to

Anyway... I first hear about naturism/nudism/whatever ya wanna call it () from the media, news stories about some crazy people in the middle of the desert close by who were starting a 'Nudist Colony', ofcourse being all of 6-8 I had to watch this! Seeing normal looking (though fuzzy) people sitting on lawn chairs reading the paper or swiming or playing vollyball or whatever in the comfort of thier own skin made me want to do that!

Then I head my grandmother (who was an apartment manager) telling my mother about this family @ the complex that, whenever she would visit, would take a minute to answer the door, and then this one time the daughter or whoever came out to get something and she bent over and granny noticed she didnt have any drawers on. Well during this talk between my granny and my mom I decided THATS the life I want, where I can run around in nuthin, or a shirt if I am a lil cold or have textile vistors. THAT was the life for me!

But I never really DID it until (Like someone else on this forum ) I had some body acceptance issues, and remembered seeing this stuff about naturists, I though Hmmm, maybe I will try it. And then the next week I am walking to the car and notice a newspaper laying on the ground. I go to pick it up to toss in the trash and notice it has a nice car and a naked, normal, fuzzy person next to it and it says something like 'Car Buffs in the Buff' or some such silly title. I begin to read it and it is the local naturist resort holding this Public Classic Car show. I dont care fo rcar shows but HEY, its a chance ta try this out. Then I read and find out it was for the weekend Past! So I call up and decide DANGIT I am goin without a good reason! So I call in sick @ work and head off on a weekday (Cause then there wont be as many people :D

I havnt left yet (Well mentally anyway)

--------------------
"On the 3rd day of Telecommuting, Dilbert found clothing to not be a necesity" -That Dilbert Dude (quote takin from memmory, dont quote me on it )

papabare
Forum Member

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  02:50:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit papabare's Homepage  Send papabare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh ya, I would also like to add, I think naturism saved my life. I had broken up with my now ex (We wernt together yet, just dating) and had some bad body acceptance issues and general down times. Being able to get outside, meet Very nice people and just be able to leave all that stuff behind REALLY helped.

--------------------
"On the 3rd day of Telecommuting, Dilbert found clothing to not be a necesity" -That Dilbert Dude (quote takin from memmory, dont quote me on it )

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  07:43:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Great story papabare, glad you are enjoying naturism.

Kim =^.^=

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/21/2004 :  07:51:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good for you papabare. and a belated welcome to the #1 site. enjoy

whizzo
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  12:00:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The first I heard of nudism was on a radio talk show in 1964. There was a couple who had a nudist "colony" in a place around Tonganoxee (not sure about spelling) Kansas. I was about 13 at the time, mind you I went to Catholic school/boy scouts which the topic was never talked about. I was facinated that people would do that, because I was just starting to sleep nude and had wondered what it would be like to just run around naked out in the fresh air.
I used to visit a small neighborhood book store on my way home from school. It had run of the mill paperbacks and magazines in the front and a "back room" where all of the "girlie books" were kept. After going there on a daily basis and just talking with the owner he finally started to let me browse the back room. What I found more intriging then the Playboys and other Girlie magazines were the nudist magazines. I would look through them and saw how people were having fun being naked, wishing I was there instead of where I was at. I did manage to buy from the him a picture book published in the early sixties on nudism and it became one of my prized books and I still have it today.
It wasn't until I left for the Military that I finally had the oppurtunity to experience nudism...but that's another story

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  12:42:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

When we were kids, pre-teens, we played around nude; in the woods, our basements, etc. Someone also had copies of the early nudist magazines. So, my gang was aware of nudism at a early age, even though our parents were not into nudism.

Chic

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  03:37:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Isn't it funny how kids as teens start sleeping nude, and running around wanting to expeince being nude? Its a shame we have to grow up.

Kim =^.^=

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  07:35:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kim, that is an intersting commment about how kids experiment but often give it up.

Whizzo, great story, it's neat you still have the one book on early nudism.

irishred

skinnydipper
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  3:35:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
During my school years, I used to pass Sunshine Park on the way to Ocean City, NJ for weekends. The word was that it was a "nudist park", and one time some jokesters were standing out front, behind the sign, wearing only shorts, so that it looked like they were nude, and were waving to all the shore-bound cars as they passed. That was a hoot.

Sunshine Park remained a mystery until a woman I was dating told me she wanted to go. I had always wondered what was really down the winding lane that could only be glimpsed as we sped by on the highway, so off we went.

The people manning the registration table were nude, and I recall how relaxed they seemed about it. We parked the car, opened the rear hatch, and got undressed in the parking lot. It seemed so brash at the time. But when in Rome... and amidst other naked people, nudity quickly becomes ho-hum. It wasn't my first nude experience -- I had been to Black's Beach a few years before -- but getting undressed in the parking lot felt strange.

So that was my first "organized" nudist experience. The park was past its peak years, and was closed to the public shortly after the summer of our first visit. I later discovered that the park had been founded by one of the pioneers of the nudist movement in the USA. It wasn't anything fancy. Some cabins, a jacuzzi, a small sandy area for sunbathing, and a pier that extended out into the river, where so many boats would stop and gawk that the pier had to have walls built on it.

At the time of my first visit to Sunshine Park, I didn't know much about nudism. I thought it was an incredible place, and we went back once more that summer. On the way home we stopped at "Cowtown Rodeo", which I think is still in business to this day. So many memories of so many trips "down the shore."

Eric

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  4:41:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We sure do love the Jersey "shore". For non New Jersey people, we don't go to the beach, we go down to the shore. It sure is special.

Chic

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 02/29/2004 :  11:38:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chic, I've had people out in Hawaii or California tell me that they knew I was from Jersey when I called the "beach" the "shore."

irishred

NudeDen
Forum Member

Posted - 02/29/2004 :  4:43:08 PM  Show Profile  Send NudeDen an AOL message  Click to see NudeDen's MSN Messenger address  Send NudeDen a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The first time I heard about nudism was when I was younger, not sure the exact age but I'd say about 10 or 11, I saw report on the news about Hidden Valley resort. Being nude all day sounded like a lot of fun to me and so did seeing naked women(I was exposed to playboy at a young age thanks to older friends ). I had expressed interest in going to the resort to my mom, but I don't think she took me very seriously. As I grew up and learned more about nudism I learned it's not about sex or anything related to that, and I began to really understand it and get interested in it. I started doing my chores nude while my mom was at work and sunbathed on the back deck a few times too, and I really enjoyed being nude. I haven't been to a resort yet, but I definately will before the end of summer.

Page: of 16 Previous Topic: What Originally Drew You To Nudism? Topic  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.18 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved