Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 138 ]  [ Total: 138 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 How did you first personally hear about nudism?
 How did you first personally hear about nudism?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: What Originally Drew You To Nudism? Topic
Page: of 16

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/27/2004 :  03:24:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good for you SEANekkid, and welcome to the forum.

Kim =^.^=

Beachbummer

Posted - 06/03/2004 :  6:27:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is all kind of weird for me. Maybe you can all help me understand. When I was a kid, there was a "nudist colony" about 15 miles away. Even as a teenager, I would happen by where I thought this colony was, to see if I could sneak a peek. It all seemed deviant, yet still intrigued me. I even drove up to the gate once, (which was nothing but a fence) but it was open. I never had the courage to go in.

Then, in my early 20's, we were partying on the river one night, and a group of friends, 3 couples, went skinny dipping. Cloaked by water and darkness, it didn't seem all that exilerating.

I have always enjoyed sleeping nude and rarely ever sleep with clothes. (although my wife prefers I am clothed when the kids are up) I don't flaunt myself naked self, but don't run from encounters either.

In the mid nineties, we built a pool. We, including my wife, will skinny dip on occasion. My wife's skinny dipping experiences are dwindling with age, unfortunately. When the kids were little, we would skinny dip with them as well. Now they are 10 and 13, and both too shy about their bodies to ever even let me see them nude.

It is only recently I have begun to visit CO beaches when possible. I suspect it is something I will continue, unfortunately, alone. I know everyone is taken with the free feeling, lack of chaffing, etc. I am most taken with the people I have met and their wonderful attitudes and dispositions.

JinBogel

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  12:22:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. I just joined this forum and thought that this might be a good starting point for me to introduce myself.

I dont really remember how or where i heard about nudism, but what i do know is that since i was a kid...like many of us here...ive always enjoyed being nude. Sleeping nude has always been norm for me ever since i had my own room.

My parents and other family members though are very very conservative, which is understandable since we're from Malaysia, and that most Asian countries are not generally accepting of nudism. Its a shame cos we've got some of the nicest tropical weather here all year round to compliment the wonderful scenery.

My approach to nudism developed even more during my college and unversity years, where at that point i had studied abroad and of course had my own place. Some friends have even gotten to know of my enjoyment of being in the buff. Now that Im working, and basically living alone, im able to be nude at home. I would like to be able to go nude outdoors more often, but in such cases, id have to find really secluded and mostly inaccessible spots. I have found a few nudist friends nearby and am searching for more...and also trying to get others into nudism. But for the time being, social nudism here has to be a private occasion between likeminded friends...though cultures, communities, religion, laws & regulations here are what i could say not nudist-friendly...it hasnt dampened the nudist spirits & enthusiasm of our very small nudist community.

Always looking for an excuse to be nude...

Ned Adams
Forum Member

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  08:31:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suspect that many of us can identify with some of your concerns. Thank you for sharing them. The more you read on the internet, the more your you will see that there are others from whom you can gain insights.
Ned

TheBareOne
Forum Member

Posted - 07/21/2004 :  9:56:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like so many people mentioned here, I saw some nudist magazines in the 50's and 60's. After getting over the initial titillation, which I admit took some time for a young boy, I began to think that this freedom from clothes was an incredible concept. When I found myself alone at home, my clothes would come off and the sensation of being naked was absolutely wonderful. Sleeping nude became the norm as soon as I left home and was on my own. The thought kept on coming back to me… one day I will visit a nudist resort and experience nudism like the people did in those magazines.

My first social nudist experience came on a nude beach in California. I had no trouble shedding my clothes…everyone was nude and so it was no big deal to join the rest of the beachgoers. After marriage, my wife and I enjoyed this nude beach together after my wife got over her initial hesitation. Once again, since everyone was nude and this “attire” was the norm, she almost immediately felt comfortable being nude. Soon we started to visit resorts, as well as the beach. Many years later…we continue to travel to various nudist resorts and beaches and the enjoyment of being nude, in the sun and water in a social setting has not diminished at all.

TheBareOne

maurice
Forum Member

Posted - 09/15/2004 :  08:05:19 AM  Show Profile  Send maurice an ICQ Message  Click to see maurice's MSN Messenger address  Send maurice a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
my first introdution to naturism/nudist was when i use to deliver newspapers as a 16 yr old,and optain a copy of a naturist magazine of the top self, i must admit i first wasnt intrested in naturism, but later i start to go nude whilst my parents were out,later whilst serving in the army ,istarted to venture out to nudist beaches

Jochanaan
Forum Member

Posted - 09/18/2004 :  10:50:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, everyone. I am a lifelong Christian. I had heard about nudism, but never really thought about it until I stumbled onto a Christian nudist web site and read their statement of faith; it was so much like my own church's that I decided to check the Bible for myself. I was amazed at what it said about nakedness, or rather what it didn't say. Then I remembered how I myself had liked to go naked in private as a teenager, mostly in my bedroom and the bathroom, but occasionally in the open on my folks' ranch and, on one memorable occasion, in a creek.

I had considered my "naked longings" a minor perversion until I studied the issue for myself. Now being naked is just the most natural state. :)

Edited by - Jochanaan on 09/18/2004 10:53:18 PM

STRETCH
Forum Member

Posted - 10/09/2004 :  8:12:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back in the 50's when I was in the single digited age bracket and living in northern Maine, on a farm no less, I came across a nudist magazine on the grounds. Being curious I looked at the pictures finding them to be fasinating. At that age I didn't totally understand the meaning behind such a magazine. After awhile I kept thinking all the way until my late teens what it would be like to nude in front of the opposite sex and would I be embarrassed. I had my first chance after graduating high school and found out it was really nothing but a mind problem. But, it was just the two of us and nobody ever knew. We later went our separate way and grew out of touch. I do plan on carrying out my dream and become naturist in the future.

Edited by - Moderator on 10/10/2004 11:06:18 AM

secret sauc002
Forum Member

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  12:18:05 PM  Show Profile  Send secret sauc002 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i was never really nude as a child that much. infact i have only started to become more comfortable being nude wehn i moved away to college this fall and got my own apartment. it just feels natural to me and lest constrictive to be nude. of course when i go to class or travel back home i have to be constrained again but thats life.

Ketchummaine
Forum Member

Posted - 10/15/2004 :  08:30:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ketchummaine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I remember clearly the first time I learned about nudism. I was in 7th grade at Woodstock Elementary School in Woodstock Ct. I was in homeroom sitting behind Diane, who was talking about her full body tan with no tan lines. A discussion followed about how she could possibly not have tan lines. She spoke matter-of-fact about being a nudist. She mentioned the nudist resort in town (Solair), of which I had never even heard. She claimed that her step-father was the manager at the time (1979), but I am not sure if it is true. Anyway, ever since then, I have been interested in nudism. Unfortunately, I was unable to experience it fully until my adulthood. A few years ago, after being away from Woodstock for many years, I returned to visit Solair. Now, I wish I still lived in Woodstock, so that I could be at Solair daily. Luckily, Maine has many great places to enjoy nature as nature intended. We also finally have a c/o resort in Central Maine (Yorktown Recreation).
Have a GREAT day!
Kevin

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  8:19:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One day on vacation my wife said wouldn't it be nice to find a nude beach. I looked at her and laughed. We went on line and found a nudist resort in the general area and went and spent the afternoon. Needless to say we were uncomfortable at first, and thought everyone was looking at us. Little did we know it was just the opposite.

We now enjoy going nude around the house almost all the time, and enjoy traveling through out the country to many of the great resorts, especially down in Fla, and Calif.

Try you will like it.

Cookie

johny59
Forum Member

Posted - 10/28/2004 :  06:58:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard it first time from my classmate in the secondary school, those late ~60ies. He was seen by someone at the nude beach by classmate and many boys laughed. So when I asked where is it, he didnt told. Yet once I heard it is somewhere at beach place length about 50 km long - I walk down yet find nothing. At my late twenties I met one woman who knew to appreciate the place - and I find it. That was 20 years ago. How sad that it wsnt 20 years earlier!!

Crag Shaffer

Posted - 10/28/2004 :  4:33:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I first heard about nudist from jokes. I always liked to be naked, but was nervous about telling others. I married a wonderful person about two years ago with like interests and we finally tried social nudity. We have enjoyed our new friends and lifestyle very much.

jinbogel2

Posted - 01/25/2005 :  01:48:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess im new here.found out about this website while searching for my nick - jinbogel. didnt know that there's someone else with the same nick. it's something new for me tho' i've been doing it, i mean i love being naked eversince i was in my primary school. but secretively...malaysian dont do this things!and im one of the rare ones :) anyway, glad that i met people who have the same hobby.perhaps we all could have a globalg athering one day.

rickblaine
Forum Member

Posted - 02/14/2005 :  8:07:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've always felt that nudism was a very natural way to live.....just wish I could have done it earlier....

Page: of 16 Previous Topic: What Originally Drew You To Nudism? Topic  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.36 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved