Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 145 ]  [ Total: 145 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Health and Safety
 Preventing sunburn and sun damage
 sunburn
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: nudity and sunscreen Topic Next Topic: Too cold or sunburnt
Page: of 9

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 12/01/2003 :  06:20:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nudeisntlewd,

It's pretty much dependent on the intensity of the sun. In Australia we have no ozone layer so they are pretty specific about what suncreen manufacturers can and can't claim about their product. During summer we get a lot of tourists who get severe burning because they aren't used to the intensity of our sun.

Also the SPF is basically the number of minutes before you reapply. As an indication you multiply the number by 10 to get the number of minutes you can go before having to reapply. Of course this changes if you swim or have excessive sweating.

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 12/08/2003 :  03:00:48 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info Spontanudity, that sounds logical to me. I wonder if what I heard may have been based on how the SPF applies to my specific northern location. I'll have to remember that formula for re-application.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 12/08/2003 :  03:17:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
nudeisntlewd;

You can also go to your chemist (drugist in the USA), and he/she can recommend the SPF for you area and the type of skin you have.

Kim =^.^=

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 12/08/2003 :  03:35:46 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good idea Kim, they are very well trained in medicines.

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 12/08/2003 :  05:59:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
nudeisntlewd,

Failing that you could always just buy the very strongest available... I guess its better to be safe than sorry.

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"

Edited by - Spontanudity on 12/08/2003 06:00:33 AM

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 12/08/2003 :  07:25:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sun screen, apply it early and often!! lol

irishred

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 12/11/2003 :  05:55:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I whole heartily agree red, once you get certain sensative parts burned, you learn!

Kim =^.^=

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 12/11/2003 :  4:45:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kim, one advantage of the winter time in the northeast is no sunburn! lol

irishred

Sundance36
Forum Member

Posted - 12/12/2003 :  03:20:28 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Sundance36's MSN Messenger address  Send Sundance36 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I had my first case of melonoma this summer. I go back in feb for ck up. I wonder when you first get some if it is easy to get more

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 12/12/2003 :  04:38:40 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Strongest available, applied early and often. I think that's good advice you guys. I guess that's what I'll do. I know a lady who got skin cancer, and once a year she has to get an exam of every square inch of her body. I can do without that unless my girlfriend does it.

Randy

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 12/12/2003 :  04:43:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You may not get a sunburn Red, but does frostbite ring a bell?

Kim =^.^=

Corasol
Forum Member

Posted - 12/12/2003 :  3:04:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Irishred,

I'm also from up north... way way cold.... we don't get sunburn but we can easely get "Frostbite""" brrrrrrrrr..

That's why during our winter, lost of us head south....
where it hot hot hot....- -.....

Now we have to decide what we like best... I go for option "2".

peace

Corasol

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 12/13/2003 :  02:27:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think the canucks have the right idea, summers in Canada, winters in Florida!

Kim =^.^=

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 12/13/2003 :  10:37:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I applied the suncreen today but still lot a little sunburnt on my back and butt. I guess some places are harder to apply than others.

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 12/13/2003 :  11:07:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kim and Corasol, you are correct; we do need to watch out for "frostbite." lol I love Christmas time, but I'm anticipating the summer.

irishred

Page: of 9 Previous Topic: nudity and sunscreen Topic Next Topic: Too cold or sunburnt  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.3 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved