Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 154 ]  [ Total: 155 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Men - From the Male Point of View
 Unwanted Erection
 Where do you stand on Male Arousal?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: Random-long towell
Page: of 67

Belisha
Forum Member

Posted - 10/28/2003 :  12:25:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a very sensible string on topic here started by Cinderella: -

http://www.nudist-resorts.org/talk/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=371&whichpage=1

In relation to the above string I must add my voice to the chorus of disgust at describing an erection as "a sign of agression" This type of nonsence is spouted by people such as Professor Sue Lees, a Sociologist who inter alia writes supposedly academic books on the topic of Rape. As a Lawyer dealing with a high profile rape case some years ago I was asked to contribute to her second book on the topic, and so asked to read her first book before doing so.

I was surprised to find that all men (not just those accused) should be considered to be rapists until proven otherwise. This sociologist put forward the proposal that those who were accused should be treated as guilty unless they could prove they were not, thus reversing the burden of proof.

This is the same revolting mind-set that considers all erections to be a sign of aggression until proven otherwise and I would have thought that all naturists would wish to disavow that proposition.

I am dissapointed that you have chosen not to respond further to my last two posts. I am not trying to force my views on anyone, ill formed as they are. But spouting statistics apparently arrived at by unidentified, or even identified sociologists does not help. Really I would like to know what people themselves think and in this regard I accept, without reservation, the preferences of both Cherie and Spontanudity, if not their reasons.

Yours still interested

Belisha

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 10/28/2003 :  2:06:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
It is precicely the occasional involuntary erections we are addressing not not some hypothetical line up of "Boners".

The question I submit is: How should one behave in that event, is it nothing to worry about and proceed as you were or is it a case of duck and cover?

Duck and cover sounds about right. If you experience an involuntary erection (which in 30 years of going to nudist clubs I have never personally experienced) you should excuse yourself in order to avoid offending those around you. It is just courteous. You wouldn't continue to belch and fart in a group would you even though that is "involuntary" (well ok, we all know some people who would do that too) .

I think everyone can tell the difference between someone who is flaunting an erection and someone who has an erection from say, bladder pressure.

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html

Belisha
Forum Member

Posted - 10/28/2003 :  3:34:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree that strolling up and down the beach or whatever BECAUSE you have an erection is inappropriate. But scrabbling for cover if you get one whilst walking, playing volleyball or dozing in the sun.........Really?? Should we have to do that because a few misguided souls think an erection is a sign of aggression.

Surely part of the argument we have against complaining textiles is that if they do not like what they see they should try to avoid looking. If they can tolerate that dictum should we not set an example by doing so ourselves?

I just struggle to accept that having an erection is, in and of itself, offensive.

I must have a blind spot because I just don't get it. Like you and many many others it is not something I have ever suffered from aside from the admission referred to in a previous post.

While I am admitting my flaws, I do not understnad Cherie's objection to a Woman squatting down if whe wishes because of a risk of a passerby having sight of her labia minora. Again I just don't get it.

Not arguing just asking.

Belisha

MrNatural
Forum Member

Posted - 10/28/2003 :  5:24:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems one factor in play has not yet been touched upon.

Some of us are leaders of local nudist groups, or have some experience in that arena. In this role, we have had to craft workable rules for our group, rules to include those statistically rare troublemakers or fringe members. Looking at worse case scenarios, granting that an erection is always ok conjures up images of sneaky members attempting to bend the rules for their own entertainment and gratification.

If you were a club owner, how would you enforce a rule that allowed erections, even near innocents and children? This difficult situation would naturally follow if visible erections were declared exempt from prosecution. What sane club owner would want to defend the rights of a nudist with an erection that had offended someone? Safer to err on the side of caution, and so club owners generally declare all visible erections reason for disciplinary action.

After all, the matter is not obviously settled of its own, as we can see here. (Unless we right here on this board can figure out how to govern nudists with unlicensed erections!)

In a sense, everyone here is right, but speaking to only a part of a larger more complex question. Yes, erections occur naturally, and sometimes to entirely non-sexual stimulation. Yes, they are sometimes an indication of a hidden intent on the part of its owner. Calling that a rape instinct is one possible defensive posture, though it appears many disagree on this point. Dealing with hidden intent is difficult without an agreed upon framework, hence the reasons this subject has been largely unexplored, and is avoided by erring on the side of caution.

Really now, how would you instruct a lifeguard at a nude beach to deal with erections? What possible set of rules would keep the peace?

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 10/28/2003 :  5:47:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
MrNatural,

You touched on a very good point... That of protecting "near innocents and children". How does an innocent man with an erection differentiate themselves from a man with an erection with sexual (and possibly illegal) intent? I would suggest that the former is taking action to roll over or at least not flaunt this natural reaction.

I believe this argument is about protecting those that cannot protect themselves. If it protects our children from the minority with immoral intent then I am a willing to forego this liberty.

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

Belisha
Forum Member

Posted - 10/28/2003 :  6:01:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that Mr Natural

I agree the policing question is incapable of a complete solution. However I personally feel that that fact should not prevent one from attempting a solution. After all the anti-naturist lobby rely on just that argument regarding the risk of exposing children to paedophiles in naturist areas. And therefore it is up to naturists to ensure that they have as complete a code as possible governing all areas of possible concern before Legislators step in and make a hash of it.

A complete ban is just as wrong as total permissiveness. Would you accept a ban as reasonable if you awoke on the beach or on the grass with a guard or official enforcing that ban by your exclusion from the site. Or if finding an erection had developed in the pool you remained there to allow it to pass as most would suggest, only to find that you were banned anyway for being in the pool with an erection.

You are quite right in saying that it is mainly for those controlling sites to determine a policy, but if that policy is not widely adopted mistakes will happen and problems will arise.

Kind Regards

Belisha

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  02:28:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Very well put MrNatural. I think everyone needs to understand both sides of the situation. The club owners have to protect all the guests. While an erection may not be offensive to some, there are some parties that are offended by it. So proper ettiquet would be to cover up, or quietly slip away until it subsides. I am sure that as nudists we all understand the problem, there are just some rules we have to live by.

Kim =^.^=

nudinono
Forum Member

Posted - 10/30/2003 :  11:35:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sponta and Cheri and all; I do not have a Ph.D. nor have I publish a paper; It seems to me like you have overlooked one natural reason for a male erection: A FULL BLADDER! nuff said;except to say if you have a full bladder-you relive yourself in private-right? If you have an erection for any other reason;you do the same thing-in private. Sorry VealJ didn't read ur post before I posted.

Edited by - nudinono on 10/30/2003 12:36:42 PM

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 10/31/2003 :  08:14:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
To be honest this thread is starting to astound me... Never, have i had one of these random erections that some males are discussing, nor could i consider a situation where one may occur. Am I and thousands of other males i've seen on a nude beach/resort unique? I'm really starting to question the males on this forum that claim they can't control an erection... My tip for the day... Learn to control it... A bit of practise will resolve your problem!!!

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 11/02/2003 :  01:43:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Spontanudity;

I agree with you, well put.

Kim =^.^=

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 11/02/2003 :  08:44:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Kimberly,

Thanks, just my two cents on a topic i'm passionate about... That is naturism, not erections! ;)

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"

brett1993

Posted - 11/03/2003 :  07:51:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spontanudity,

I am interested in reviewing your published work, what are the references to the two papers you have published.

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 11/03/2003 :  08:00:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Brett,

To clarify, I have not published any work and I hope that I haven't mislead anybody on this site. I made a decision a number of years to ago to cease my study in Psychology and concentrate on other endeavours. However, I have completed significant research in the area and have completed a number of academic papers. If you're interested I may be able to find some of my work if you're interested. Alternatively, if you can find a Site with a large usenet archive you might be able to unarchive my articles posted on rec.nude.

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"

NUDKIWI
Forum Member

Posted - 11/03/2003 :  4:41:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I try not to stand on male arousal,its far too painful.Sorry couldnt resist.

Naturally KIWI

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 11/03/2003 :  8:13:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was thinking that, Kiwi

Hugs, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Page: of 67 Topic Next Topic: Random-long towell  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.36 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved