Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 421 ]  [ Total: 421 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Men - From the Male Point of View
 Unwanted Erection
 Where do you stand on Male Arousal?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: Random-long towell
Page: of 67

cheef
Forum Member

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  10:57:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit cheef's Homepage  Send cheef an AOL message  Click to see cheef's MSN Messenger address  Send cheef a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nobody said erections were wrong.

Lots of us said, if you get an erection, it's polite to cover it up.

Nothing to be afraid of at all.

http://cheef.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nudist-news-group/

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  10:13:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ouch! I bet that would hurt! If he don't stand on it, its going to catch up with the shaving thread.

Kim =^.^=

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  4:08:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kim,

I don't think this subject will catch the shaving thread. Talking about shaving, not shaving, various shaving methods, styles etc, is a more interesting subject than erections.

Chic

Keep it smooth !

Edited by - chic on 01/13/2004 4:10:15 PM

The Naked Prophet

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  5:30:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Members,

This was a rather interesting discussion about the subject of erections. Now, I am not encouraging adverse and unwelcome behavior, in the least, but I have something to say about this particular issue, from a Christian naturist's standpoint. I'm sure that there are many of you out there who think, "Oh, brother, another one of 'them'!!!" (Christian, I mean.) But, bear with me...

When I was a child, about 1-1.5 years old, my mother, who was/is an alcoholic and an abuser, would beat me when I had an erection, until it subsided, and/or I defecated. I suffered, for years, from extreme guilt and fear when I would get an erection, no matter what caused it. Now, God has since healed me of my phobia, and I cannot tell you how overjoyed I am to be a whole man again. There are no words to describe it.

So, with that said, would any of us agree that an erection is normal for the entire male gender, even in little boys? Baby boys, before the are born, have erections in the uterus. If it can be said that it is a NORMAL male sexual response (i.e. not necessarily for the purposes of intercourse, but sexual in terms of gender identity) to have an erection, should an erection be just cause for either shame, abuse or rejection?

When we see men on the beach, naked, with an erection, and they are not doing anything with it, what is the problem? When women's nipples get hard, do we tell you to cover them? If a woman got "hot and bothered" while on the beach, no one would say anything to them about covering anything up. Why should men, just because our sexual organ is external, have to cover it up when it gets hard? If I had an erection while I was on a nude beach, I MIGHT cover it up. Why? Because it belongs to three people in my life: God, my wife and me, in that order. However, if I don't cover it up, it does NOT mean I am a pervert, OR that I want to do anything with it other than to just let it be, just the way it is, until it subsides.

My sexuality, my gender, is to be just as celebrated as a woman's. If women consider their breasts are "badges of honor," for their motherhood, what do you think a man's "badge of honor," for fatherhood, is? It sure as heck isn't our breasts!

Hmmmm. Something to think about.

Tne Naked Prophet

My body was declared "very good."

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  7:08:51 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Naked Prophet,

Welcome to the group. We can always use another good thinker to share their views and help us all grow!

I for one, appreciate your wisdom, and sympathize with you for your terrible experience. You are absolutely right, an erection is a normal physiological experience and it is nothing to be ashamed of. We have enough real stresses in life to worry about without people making an issue out of the way God made us. The first thing a newborn boy does in response to the stimuli of getting out of the womb is to get one, (and the first thing a newborn girl does is to have a cervical secretion).

Randy

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 01/13/2004 7:24:33 PM

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  7:29:58 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Naked Prophet,

I hope you enjoy our forum. There are a lot of differing opinions about a lot of subjects here, and we welcome your input and think it will be of great benefit to everyone, whether or not everyone agrees.

Again, Welcome!
Randy

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 01/13/2004 7:32:14 PM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  7:40:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to this board, Michael. You've come a long way since your childhood days, and I applaud that.

I understand what you're saying. However, it can be alarming especially to a woman who has been abused. Yes, an erection is normal, but so is sneezing, as noted earlier in this thread, as is sex. My daughter would definitely freak out, and I cringe at the thought of that being at a nudist venue or in public.

Best regards, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 01/13/2004 7:44:43 PM

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  8:56:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Michael,

I can relate to your guilt/ shame feelings regarding sexuality as I, too, was sexually abused. An erection is very much a natural part of life and there is nothing wrong with having one. However, having an erection doesn't mean that we should do nothing about it. As mom said in the previous note, a sneeze is normal, too, but we cover it. Many say that to have sex is normal, but those who engage in that don't do it just anywhere. Similarly, we all urinate and defacate but that doesn't mean we should just do it in our pants or standing over a trash can in the oval office. So when one has an erection, covering it up is simply polite. As a survivor of sexual abuse, I can tell you the one time I saw an erection I was TERRIFIED. A full week and a half later I'm still having major male issues and I'm still struggling a bit to feel safe when nude. The gyy who had the erection near me did not use it for ill purposes, but to many women an erection is a sign of aggression and/ or intent to act sexually. I know that I'm probably in the minority when it comes to extreme reactions, but I think all women feel more comfortable not seeing it. But that doesn't mean it's not normal and it doesn't mean you should feel guilty or ashamed of it, just as you oughtn't feel ashamed/ guilty for sneezing, urinating, defecating, or having sex.

Melissa

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  9:12:46 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh I know I'm going to get my boob in a wringer for this one, but here goes. And please don't think I'm trying to be less than compassionate. I just think issues need to be worked out. I qualify the forthcoming opinion by telling you that as a naive young teenager, I too experienced a traumatic experience involving an adult which I don't want to expand on here.

I feel that if a person has an issue with something, that person should not expose themself to situations which are likely to be traumatic or imflamtory to them. A nudist venue is not for everyone. At the very least, that person needs to learn to deal with those feelings and move slowly into the situation(s) that they fear, in order to overcome them as Naked Prophet seems to have, rather than making accusations against others who may have an innocent conditon. Not every innocent biological function should be viewed as a threat or an assault.

In other words, don't put yourself into a situation where you will be uncomfortable, or become comfortable with your choices, rather than blaming others who have not hurt you.

I'm going to go away now and wait for the bullets to fly.

Randy

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 01/13/2004 9:17:39 PM

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  9:42:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Randy,

In many ways I agree with what you said. I know that my issues are my issues and I am not going to or even attempt to make the world change to make me feel comfortable. Nudism isn't for everyone, though I have found so much healing in becoming a nudist. Further, as I've said, I realize that erections are a very normal biological function and I truly feel that there is nothing wrong with having one. But I also feel strongly that it should be covered. In talking to many women nudists who have no sexual trauma in their past, I've yet to talk to one who doesn't feel safer if it's covered. Maybe it's a female thing, I dunno. But it seems most people I've talked to agree that covering up or taking a cold shower is a good idea- not because it's wrong but becuase, like elimination, it doesn't need to be seen by all. Not being a male, I have to ask: is it really so awful to cover it for a minute or so (or however long they last) until it goes away?

Melissa

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  9:55:00 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Melissa,

I do agree that covering is best, and I hope no-one was offended by my remarks. It can be difficult to express yourself sometimes without sounding offensive. I just see that people on both sides of the issue can be made to feel uncomfortable in the situation. My philosophy about nudism invovles being completely comfortable, and I beleive that requires both compromise and understanding of each others' feelings by everyone.

I wasn't trying to single you and your situation out, I have had to deal with some issues as well. I learned that some things I thought were a threat were actually only fears.

Randy

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 01/13/2004 10:04:53 PM

nudetoo
Forum Member

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  10:02:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First thing, for those of you who had the bad experence of abuse, you should be proud of the ways that you have overcome the stresses and problems this can cause, I am very happy that you can open up and discuss your tramatic pasts.
I like what Melissa said it would only be polite to cover an erection when in public view. Any one who wouldn't cover up is a little short on manners, I think. However, if this were at a resort or nude beach wouldn't there be other people around to where you would feel more protected and not as likely to be threatened.

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  11:02:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think what this last phase of discussion has brougfht up is that in and of itself, an erection is not a bad hing.

however, there are people who are uncomfortable with them and the failure to cover up, for a variety of reasons, either because of past trauma, or consideration as poor etiquette, or somewhere in between.

and we should be considerate, take actions which are the least threatening/offensive, and try to maintain a comfort zone in the nude interaction between men and women, or anyone for that matter.

melissa, i wish you strength. you are a bright woman. and we are all supportive.
and to all out there who are struggling as well. i wish the same courage that melissa has shown, and the same strength to move forward.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/14/2004 :  04:56:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Naked Prophet welcom to the forum, we are glad to have your input. Basically what we are saying is that we all know that an erection is a natural phenomenon, but the propet ettiquet is cover it up when it happens in public.

Kim =^.^=

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 01/14/2004 :  07:06:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was just reading the newspaper and was reminded of this topic. Some guy decided to jump into the lion's den at the Philadelphia Zoo and, from the looks of it, decided he wanted to fight the lion. He came out pretty cut up and had to be rushed to the ER. Being America, I'm sure this guy will be filing a lawsuit to have his medical expeneses paid for. The problem is: if you jump into the lion's den and provoke the lions you're probably going to get hurt. Similarly, if you are REALLY sensitive to body stuff you should be aware that you'll see naked bodies when becoming a nudist. If you're prepared for this and people practice some basic etiquette you'll be ok. Just be warned of what you're going into.

Melissa

Page: of 67 Topic Next Topic: Random-long towell  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.41 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved