Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 435 ]  [ Total: 435 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Men - From the Male Point of View
 Unwanted Erection
 Where do you stand on Male Arousal?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: Random-long towell
Page: of 67

cheef
Forum Member

Posted - 01/14/2004 :  10:58:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit cheef's Homepage  Send cheef an AOL message  Click to see cheef's MSN Messenger address  Send cheef a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Naked Prophet if I don't cover it up, it does NOT mean I am a pervert, OR that I want to do anything with it other than to just let it be, just the way it is, until it subsides.

I don't think anybody is arguing that having an erection would make someone a pervert. We ARE arguing, however, that not covering up an erection makes someone rude.

http://cheef.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nudist-news-group/

cheef
Forum Member

Posted - 01/14/2004 :  11:01:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit cheef's Homepage  Send cheef an AOL message  Click to see cheef's MSN Messenger address  Send cheef a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by melissastarr

you should be aware that you'll see naked bodies when becoming a nudist

That's what I love about this forum... it's so educational.

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 01/14/2004 :  1:19:14 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Melissa,

Very good analogy. You've made a smart comparison.

Randy

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 01/14/2004 1:19:45 PM

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 01/14/2004 :  5:08:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Golly, Cheef called me part of somethind educational and Randy said I did something smart... this forum is giving me a big head! LOL

Melissa

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/15/2004 :  07:42:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe we ought have a "male erection" forum. Its a joke Kevin, its a joke!

Kim =^.^=

sweep

Posted - 01/15/2004 :  12:11:39 PM  Show Profile  Send sweep an ICQ Message  Send sweep a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I must admit to not having read most of this thread (there is rather a lot of it!), but I'm a little shocked and disappointed in some of what I have read.

In fact, I find the need to have this conversation at all a little baffling.

If a man has an erection, is that alone an act of illicit sexual behaviour?

I thought nudist/naturists were supposed to accept people just as they are. No?

And regardless of what some may claim, a male erection is not always fully controllable.
Though I'd tend to agree that if a man were to stroll around in public sporting a full erection for all to see it would seem crude, a "semi" erection should be considered fairly normal I'd have thought. This is something that often occurs in normal day to day life, clothed or not.
And after all, surely the whole point of “body acceptance” is to have nudity accepted as a whole in every day life!
If the laws on public nudity were relaxed, would you have it that any man with anything that may be deemed as an erection should be arrested and charged with sexual harassment?
The whole idea is simply ludicrous!

Much of the content of this thread shows a hypocrisy one would not normally associate with a "free body culture".

In short: get a life and leave others alone!

You really shouldn't judge somebody on his or her appearance, more their actions, attitude and beliefs.

cheef
Forum Member

Posted - 01/15/2004 :  1:32:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit cheef's Homepage  Send cheef an AOL message  Click to see cheef's MSN Messenger address  Send cheef a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sweep
If a man has an erection, is that alone an act of illicit sexual behaviour?

No. But if he doesn't cover it up, that is an act of rudeness.

quote:
I thought nudist/naturists were supposed to accept people just as they are. No?

No. In general it's true, but there are many cases where it's not. We don't accept babies with soiled diapers in our pools until they are cleaned and changed. We don't accept people who try to secretly take photos. We don't accept people who molest children. Etc, etc, etc

Now, nobody is saying having an erection makes you evil. We're saying it's the polite and appropriate thing to cover it up.

quote:
And regardless of what some may claim, a male erection is not always fully controllable.
quote:
In short: get a life and leave others alone!

One can easily say in the same manner:
In short: get a life and be considerate of others

nudepete2003
Forum Member

Posted - 01/15/2004 :  1:56:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit nudepete2003's Homepage  Send nudepete2003 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hallo there

I am in Spain, where I own a naturist club, Spain is very relaxed about erections and they are common on most naturist beaches no one pays much attention it is accepted as a normal function, in my club which is a family business erections do occur but again they are accepted.

I cant see what all the fuss is about, the whole thing is crazy when we can see on the tv and in films people being blown up or killed in the most violent way yet make a fuss about a normal body function

Nudepete2003

Revilo42
Forum Member

Posted - 01/15/2004 :  2:32:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Revilo42's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pete,

It's probably a cultural thing - beach nudism has been the norm in Europe for a long time (in Denmark, the constitution guarantees the right to be nude in public areas; in Spain, it started soon after Franco left), so nudity is unexceptional (even Tony Blair has been seen nude on the beach), and everyone has experienced seeing the occasional "innocent" public erection.

In the USA, most nudists are recent converts, not having experienced it all their lives, so erections are more exceptional. Nudists are also still considered unusual, and are concerned about maintaining a "pure" image, in part due to fears that the government will take away their beaches, etc.

Being considerate is the issue - just as Americans in general are less accepting of nakedness than Europeans, so are American nudists. It seems to me that the best thing to do in most cases is to ignore it and it'll go away; don't parade it around, but don't rush and hide, as if your textile boss just came to your back yard and found you sun bathing! Don't cover up with a towel when sleeping in the sun just in case - sleeping men shouldn't be a threat to anyone, even though this is when they are most likely to show signs of (literally) unconscious arousal.

Cheers!

David
www.thebeadman.net

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/15/2004 :  7:18:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Revilo42; very well stated.

Kim =^.^=

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 01/15/2004 :  11:48:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Pete,

You've touched on exactly the point. Americans are very behind the European view of what is or is not accepted in dress, nudism etc. BUT, we Americans are making progress ! What is accepted today in the USA, would have been condemed a few years ago. We have a long way to go, but we're making progress.

Chic

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/16/2004 :  05:24:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The four years we lived in Europe and the subsequent trips that we have made back to Europe, I do not recall seening any men with erections at the beach. I have only seen a male with an erection on occasion at beaches in the US and Canada.

Kim =^.^=

hillbilly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/16/2004 :  07:26:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
O.K I will give it another shot. First off. Thanks nudeisntleud for the info on the other forum on this same discussion. I must have some European in me because I agree with nudepete and revilo on this. I just don't get it. Must be just another dumb hillbilly. Cheef just what is "rude" about a man's erection. Let me ask. If a lady with erect nips that were say ... larger then norm and really stoooood out. Would she have to cover up. Or would that be rude??? It would not be to me but might be to you. What a problem we have here. I think the Europeans seem to be a little more along then we are on this "nude" thing. I seems we still have a lot of hangups we need to get over.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/16/2004 :  07:38:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hillbilly;

The first thing a woman thinks when a male around her gets an erection is "Am I in any danger?" Especially if she is single or not with her husband. Its just and uncomfortable feeling, like walking down a dark alley. There are not as many attacks against women in Europe as there are in the USA and Canada. The prelude to having sex is the man getting erect. I know, and most women know that sometimes the male erection is involuntary, no problem there. All we are saying is that if it happens, be considerate of females and cover it up.

Now if I sneeze, my nipples get erect, its involuntary, but I can not threaten a man with them. Its usually quite the contrary, they usually move in for a closer look.

Kim =^.^=

hillbilly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/16/2004 :  08:44:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know, I guess I am just a little free'er. Pg 8 someone said they would feel safer if it were covered. How is it safer?. If that where the persons intents. How long would it take for him to uncover and then she would be unsafe that fast. Remember you are around people "not " in a dark ally. And who sets this etiquette you talk of? In some places they think it is wrong to put your elbow on the table and in other places they don't. Depends on what you are eating and where. It is the differance between nude and free and feeling good about it or being almost free because others have hang ups. Nude is nude. Things happen. I just don't think you should have to cover. The point is you should not act like a butt hole when you get an erection, that's all. It is easy to see the differance. The rule should be don't act like a butt hole when you have a hard on. Not that hard ons are not allowed. What do you thinks is happening when you get hard nips and a man get's closer to get a better look????. Get it yet?? Did you cover?? If not, why? So why can't I get a hard on that will soon go away with out covering if you can do it with your nips. Does this not seem one sided. You are saying because ladies are known to be raped more they are easer to be ofended in the nude enviorment?It is a mind set, nothing else at all. Look at what you are saying. You use "attacks". Are you taking about on nude camps or general city areas. It sounds like you had a bad experance. If you are refering to Nude places where people are nude than how does a cover stop anything. The point is it is only in your mind. It is your mindset. I would think being a nudest is supost to mean you have a different mind set knowing you are in a nude place with nude people. Not where these attacks you talk of happen.

Edited by - hillbilly on 01/16/2004 09:07:12 AM

Page: of 67 Topic Next Topic: Random-long towell  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.39 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved