Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 216 ]  [ Total: 216 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Wilderness Destinations and Trip Reports
 Sign the petition
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Naked hiking negative feedback Topic Next Topic: Western New York , NW Pennsylvania gorges
Page: of 3

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 01/14/2014 :  10:58:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Someone has just created a "We the people" petition on the White House website advocating the designation of more federal property for nude recreation. (Information and a link to the petition can be found here: http://clothing-optional-access.weebly.com ) If 100,000 people sign the petition by Feb. 11 the federal government will address the issue. I urge everyone to sign the petition. The potential benefits are enormous.

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati

Nudists are everywhere, but they're hard to identify with their clothes on.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 01/15/2014 :  12:14:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went ahead and signed, but there were less than a hundred signatures, and the deadline for reaching 100,000 is less than a month away. Pfffft.

Dcleatr
Forum Member

Posted - 01/15/2014 :  09:26:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not in the habit of raising red flags, but I have a concern here. I had reset my password at the White House web site, then searched I for the petition. Using several key words in a number of trys, I was unable to find the petition concerning nude recreation on Federal land. Maybe I missed something.

Don't let them take away your right to bare butts!

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 01/15/2014 :  11:17:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The petitions on the whitehouse.gov website will not be found through searches there until a certain number of signatures have been added. The paragraph below was found on another forum.

"If the petition meets a pre-set signature threshold within a designated time period, the petition will become visible to individuals browsing or searching the White House website. If enough users sign the petition to reach a second pre-set signature threshold within that time period, the White House commits to respond to the petition in a timely fashion. The White House may also elect to respond to any petition before it reaches the first or second threshold. Once the White House responds to a petition, it is closed to additional signatures."

If you follow the link it will take you to a website which provides background information about the petition and a link to the petition.

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati

Edited by - Bill Bowser on 01/15/2014 11:19:55 AM

Dcleatr
Forum Member

Posted - 01/15/2014 :  11:47:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found it this time, thanks. One more down, only
99,910 to go.

gnarlyoldman
Forum Member

Posted - 01/15/2014 :  1:17:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Signed it. Many more nudist organizations need to respond to reach the goal.

Naked is green.

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 01/15/2014 :  1:55:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Because I believe this is important yesterday I sent out over a hundred emails to every nudist organization and club that I could find requesting that they email their members to solicit support for the petition. I emailed AANR and TNS, but so far I've heard from only one organization who told me that I was making a big mistake. It seems that our national organizations have little interest in grassroots efforts to promote nude recreation. Based on the number of signatures so far I can only assume that my emails were a waste of effort. But that doesn't mean that we can't be successful. We need to spread the word or this petition will fail to gain any traction. Now is the time for activism. Email all your nudist and textile friends. Ask for their support. We shouldn't have any trouble finding 100,000 signatures, there are millions of us who believe that it is appropriate to set aside federal lands for nude recreation.

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati

Dcleatr
Forum Member

Posted - 01/15/2014 :  2:38:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did that one organization explain why you were making a big mistake?

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 01/15/2014 :  4:03:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The first email I received said:

"Not a good idea. You don’t want the Congress involved with this or they may pass a “no nudity anywhere” law. Politicians love to use us to score points and make people afraid.
We have always handled his quietly in the various legislatures and worked with BLM on the federal land issue.
Please rethink this."

Needless to say, I disagreed. Throughout the day the author and I exchanged several more emails. He and I continue to disagree. Time will tell if this effort is worthwhile.

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati

baie rouge nudists
Forum Member

Posted - 01/15/2014 :  8:14:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe the new budget these numbnuts in congress just passed might help. Give money to hire more rangers as the complaint on Long Island's Lighthouse Beach was lack of manpower to handle the crowds and the destruction of the dunes due to Hurricane Sandy. Hopefully Lighthouse will return to the naturist beach many knew and loved for 2014.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 01/15/2014 :  10:32:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I signed it yesterday.

Diger

Daretobare
Forum Member

Posted - 01/16/2014 :  05:11:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I signed it

Jimmie2
Forum Member

Posted - 01/16/2014 :  06:00:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jimmie2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Done!

HNATDT

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 01/18/2014 :  9:45:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, this is terribly disappointing. I thought I could drum up a lot more support for this. Can anyone tell me why this seems to be attracting so little attention. This is a step toward a goal every nudist should want. I thought we could overwhelm the whitehouse.gov website with our enthusiasm, but I was mistaken. Apathy prevails. My personal thanks to those of you who tried to help. There is still plenty of time to make this happen, but it takes more effort. Come on everyone, I'm not asking for your money, just a few minutes of your time. Make the world a better place for nudists.

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati

gnarlyoldman
Forum Member

Posted - 01/19/2014 :  11:07:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Bowser

Well, this is terribly disappointing. I thought I could drum up a lot more support for this. Can anyone tell me why this seems to be attracting so little attention. This is a step toward a goal every nudist should want.

Many nudists would want it, but many nudist organizations have a vested interest in limiting nudity to fenced in resorts where they can charge us for being naked. Free range nudity would tend to reduce the number of naked people willing to pay to go to their resorts, or so they worry. I doubt that the large nudist organizations, who are dominated by gated resorts, will support this petition.

In addition its mid winter so many free range nudists are not paying as much attention as they would in summer.

Just my guesses. I don't have hard data about that.

Bob

Naked is green.

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 01/19/2014 :  11:39:45 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've heard the argument that nudist resorts don't want "free range" nudity since it will cut into the number of people coming to their businesses. This may be their thinking, but I'm not sure I buy their logic. In my experience newbies are much more apt to go to a nude beach before a resort. Once they discover the joys of nudity, they start to consider themselves "nudists" and are then more open to visiting resorts. Almost every couple we know started out this way. Without public nudity at certain beaches, these people would almost certainly have never gone to a resort. Having public beaches simply broadens the market.

It's not looking good for the petition, under 400 signatures and less than a month to go.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Naked hiking negative feedback Topic Next Topic: Western New York , NW Pennsylvania gorges  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.27 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved