Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 147 ]  [ Total: 147 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 "Who knows?"
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Germany Allows Women to Go Topless in Pools Topic Next Topic: HAPPY NEW YEARS
Page: of 20

mark85304
Forum Member

Posted - 06/02/2014 :  9:06:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rooftopwilly

I'm a little confused here Mark.....wouldn't your daughter-in-law be the wife of your son?

DOH!

LOL...now that's funny. I is my step daughter's soon to be ex husband not my daughter-in-law's soon to be ex husband. Nice catch.

--
Feel the sun warm your skin when there's nothing between you and the sun.

mark85304
Forum Member

Posted - 06/02/2014 :  9:11:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Warmskin

quote:
Originally posted by rooftopwilly

I'm a little confused here Mark.....wouldn't your daughter-in-law be the wife of your son?

Yes, Willy, I see your point.

I believe Mark is referring to his daughter, not his daughter-in-law.

After all this outing, Mark is now at a mental and emotional equilibrium about being a nudist. No more secrets need be kept from your family, and he can go about his enjoyment of nudism I think the malicious intent was an unitentional blessing.

I wish I had his luck.

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

We really don't care who knows and we expected our families to find out sooner or later, but we're not going to run tell everyone we know, and we're not going to let this little psychotic imp think he has any power over us (take it away). It sucks that it happened like this, but our families are cool with our nudist life.

--
Feel the sun warm your skin when there's nothing between you and the sun.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 06/02/2014 :  11:04:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, that makes much more sense. But you never know, sometimes people have bad relationships with their children and practically disown them. Wasn't sure if this was the case or not.

Anyhow, sorry to hear you're going through that. I love how people can't just be mature and handle things how they should be handled. It's between him and your step daughter, and he should keep it there.

TallTim
Forum Member

Posted - 06/08/2014 :  10:33:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NaturistDoc

Warmskin brings up a good point. The recent PBS Frontline "United States of Secrets" made it pretty clear that privacy, especially of the online variety, is gone. What's perhaps worse than the NSA harvesting so much information is the fact that they're largely piggy-backing on the commercial data miners. Every Amazon purchase and every Google search you've ever done - for C/O resorts, for instance - exists on multiple marketing databases that you've never heard of. It's ironic that far more anonymous data miners "know" I'm a nudist than the relatively small number of friends and family.

Author David Brin has done a lot of work on the ideas of privacy v. technology. I read it years ago and it would seem that transparency is the way to go. I still don't go out of my way to tell people, but I won't hide from it. Of course, a lot of my attitude comes from the fact that I just don't care what most people think about my lifestyle.

Tim

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 06/10/2014 :  9:01:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just opened up about it on Facebook on a cousin of mine's page. He lives in Minnesota and posted a picture of himself on his bicycle, out for a ride. A woman on his friend's list mentioned something about hearing how people recently protested something with a naked bike ride. I chimed in about the WNBR and the next thing I know, the conversation turned into being about nakedness. This girl admitted that she would do a lot of things naked, but not riding a bike (chaffing was her reason why). So I mentioned I was a nudist and we got into a conversation about that.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/11/2014 :  12:00:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've either hit it right twice now, at the nursery where I just bought our replacement privacy tree for the 2nd story window next door, or the younger people of today aren't nearly as shocked about nudity at home as some may think.

I was having second thoughts about the tree I bought and if the young man that had helped me find the tree and tag the tree ... tagged the right one. I was trying to explain why I needed the tree and finally just said ... "look, we are nudists. We use our backyard nude quite a bit and don't want to expose ourselves to the neighbors." He responded ... "cool!"

Well ... I returned to the nursery to make sure he'd tagged the right tree and reschedule the delivery and planting and a young woman helped me find the tree. It was the right one. She then said "wow, you picked a really nice one. You have a nice full one there." I said, "yes, we need some instant privacy for a neighbors 2nd story window." She smiled and said ... "ya never know when you might wanna go skinny dipping!" Door open; "well, we do that all the time and sunbath and do just about everything else out there that way!" Her reply ... "sounds fun. I live in an apartment and there's no privacy or I'd do the same." She then said ... "I'm putting a note for the delivery and install guys to place the tree so the neighbor's upstairs window view of you backyard is blocked."

I walked back to my car, thought about it and then turned around and went back to her and gave her a $10 bill. I told her, "thanks for not thinking we are creepy. Have lunch on us sometime." She gave me a hug and said ... "no problem and thanks for the tip. Enjoy your tree and your privacy."

I think I'll return and buy a few more plants from them very soon!

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 06/11/2014 :  01:55:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds great.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 06/11/2014 :  4:32:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Andy,
You really need to tell her boss how nice and helpful she was.

Interesting conversation today... we had been on Apollo when a storm ran us off. After it quit raining we stood in the parking lot and struck up a conversation with a lady that was also waiting to see if it was possible to return to the beach. I, thinking she was a nudist also, turned the conversation to nudism, she said that end of the beach was nude. She also said she had gone down there to look around and everyone was 65yo... LOL

I told her we were from down there and Angie told her we weren't 65. She looked at us and our friends we were with and said, no way... you are not nudists... you all don't look like nudist. I asked her what do nudists look like and that we are all nude under our clothes. She still didn't believe we were nudists so Angie told her to come back tomorrow and visit us at the nude beach. She then told us she could never do it herself cause her boobs sagged to much. Angie told her she could bounce hers off her knees and no one cares.

Angie bet me $5.00 that she would be back tomorrow... I'll let you know if she is.

Diger

Edited by - Diger on 06/11/2014 4:38:09 PM

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/11/2014 :  5:57:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will certainly do that Digs!

It was just great to have such positive and non judgmental attitudes from younger people. I've written about a few other encounters I've had while wearing nudist slogan t shirts. Twice at Starbucks and they were all younger females that surprisingly no "weirded out" by my confession. The young women at Starbucks actually asked about Black's Beach and one said ... "I'll have to go there someday!"

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 06/12/2014 :  4:39:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I lost $5 today, she came back and had a great time. She talked our ears off for a couple hours, she never got naked but had a great time meeting all our friends. I do believe this has got her thinking about nudists in a whole new light.

Diger

señorsevo
Forum Member

Posted - 06/12/2014 :  6:24:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We just began going nude at a local resort. We have not told anyone but we have some friends who seem open minded that we are thinking of sharing with.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/12/2014 :  6:54:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Prof throws in the towel tomorrow! She's retiring after 22 years of teaching college and working since she was 16, with a break of a few years to be a stay at home mom and further her education, getting her degrees to become Dr. Prof.

We will see "if" what she said holds true and she lets down her guard with "who knows." She stated to me a couple years ago that after she retires, she doesn't care who knows or who we tell. I'm hoping the first ones she'll open up to is our close textile friends. I'm curious to know which of them will keep talking to us, stop talking to us and ... which of them will ask us more questions about it and possibly get involved.

señorsevo
Forum Member

Posted - 06/12/2014 :  8:21:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Fireprof, as someone involved graduate academics, I wish you and the prof congrats!!! I am almost done with my graduate studies and my wife has been amazing!!! You deserve much praise for supporting her through this.... my wife has exceeded saint hood with the time I have spent on my career. Not to mention she has helped raise two children!!! Good for you and the prof!!!

señorsevo
Forum Member

Posted - 06/12/2014 :  8:34:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If the Prof is like any of the acedemics I know, she will show up to work the day after her retirement party.::..

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/12/2014 :  9:35:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahaha ... not a chance! She's looking forward to spending as much time with me and our grandkids, getting back to traveling and less time trying to stay in contact with the college ... friends yes, work ... no!

There are a few from her department that did do that but she's not your typical academic. She loved teaching but hated the politics of it all, especially at the college level Too many changes ... just for the sake of new administrators wanting to put their name on unnecessary changes.

Edited by - FireProf on 06/13/2014 12:16:16 AM

Page: of 20 Previous Topic: Germany Allows Women to Go Topless in Pools Topic Next Topic: HAPPY NEW YEARS  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.33 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved