Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 514 ]  [ Total: 514 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 "Who knows?"
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Germany Allows Women to Go Topless in Pools Topic Next Topic: HAPPY NEW YEARS
Page: of 20

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 12/23/2003 :  9:28:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was graduating high school in 93- that was a LIFETIME ago. It's time for a reunion. The hot tub is big enough for us all, methinks.

Melissa

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 12/23/2003 :  11:15:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
..and I was graduating high school in 1971!

Melissa, there was a play on Broadway that opened a year or two earlier called "Hair". It was billed as a rock musical and was the source of several classic tunes from that era, including The Age of Aquarius and Let the Sunshine In.

Pertinent to this board was an event at end of Act I, when--in a dramatically appropriate context--the cast appeared onstage shoulder to shoulder, fully nude. It was scandalous at the time, was the source of much debate in the press and in some legal circles. However, the nation survived, and the event is lost to history.

Times change. I did have long hair then. Today, courtesy of male pattern baldness and the HeadBlade (www.headblade.com) I sport a shaved scalp...but that heads us (pun intended) towards another thread!

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 12/24/2003 :  02:45:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've heard of the show 'hair.' Do people still do that musical or is there a video of it? I'd love to see it. I enjoy heading to Broadway for a good show but I'm thinking Hair may no longer be out at Broadway.

Melissa

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 12/24/2003 :  07:28:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If memory serves (no jokes about fading memory, please!) there was a revival of "Hair" a few years ago. There was also a film (that deleted the scene in question to make it acceptable to the MPAA or whatever the 'ratings' group was called at the time). I do not think it likely that the show will ever play Broadway again. But at the time, it was an international phenomenon, with translated book and lyrics playing to audiences worldwide.

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 12/24/2003 :  09:42:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there are cds available of original cast. also believe there was a movie made a number of years ago.

cheef
Forum Member

Posted - 12/24/2003 :  11:27:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit cheef's Homepage  Send cheef an AOL message  Click to see cheef's MSN Messenger address  Send cheef a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by melissastarr

I was graduating high school in 93- that was a LIFETIME ago. It's time for a reunion.

Sorry, Melissa... but your reunion was just a few weeks ago. I'm afraid you missed it.

http://cheef.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nudist-news-group/

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 12/25/2003 :  6:15:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I skipped my high school reunion for good reason- I REALLY didn't want to go. But I hope I'm invited to your reunion with mom- it sounds like fun!

Melissa

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 12/26/2003 :  11:10:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
There was also another scandalous play with nudity in it, Oh Calcuta! I never saw it but heard a lot about it.

Kim =^.^=

cheef
Forum Member

Posted - 12/27/2003 :  03:27:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit cheef's Homepage  Send cheef an AOL message  Click to see cheef's MSN Messenger address  Send cheef a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by melissastarr

I hope I'm invited to your reunion with mom- it sounds like fun!

Well, the most likely time (although far from definite) is the big Passover get-together in 2005. And you're already invited to that.

http://cheef.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nudist-news-group/

Corasol
Forum Member

Posted - 12/27/2003 :  04:28:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems lots of us was away for a few days....

Like to hear from Sponta... wish you could get in touch with me at simpa@videotron.ca to let you know about my schedule in Sydney...

9 more days befor my departure from here....

peace

Corasol

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 12/29/2003 :  05:35:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Corasol,

I'm backkkkkkk!

I've been "out bush" for the past couple of days, celebrating Christmas with a mate and his family. I'm now back in town trying to work on a trip to Cobblers Beach in the near future. I'll send you an e-mail message in private to work out where and when you'll be in town.

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 12/29/2003 :  05:39:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Melissa,

You live 16 hours from Cheri... Me too! Tho' I'm a 16 hour flight. :)

Its tough for me to meet anybody from this group, the closest is TJ but he's either studying or working. The next is Nudkiwi who is a 3-4 hour flight. Saying that, hopefully I'll catch up with Corasol next month and I'm planning a trip to California in March. So I'm keen for a Californian tour guide if anybody is interested...

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

Corasol
Forum Member

Posted - 12/29/2003 :  05:52:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Sponta ?

Sure I'll be in your playroom (Sydney) around the 7th of january... Of course I would like to get in touch with you... send me a e-mail (here in Québec) at simpa@videotron.ca to let me know how to get in touch with you.. once in Sydney?

I wrote you on a few topics today... LOL... but don't feel trapped...

One week today before my départure from Ottawa...

I'll be glad to read you soon.

cheers and peace

Corasol

Sundance36
Forum Member

Posted - 12/29/2003 :  8:28:27 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Sundance36's MSN Messenger address  Send Sundance36 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
he3y Pilotr thats two of us from 1971. Yes I remember the talk about hair.
the music was awsome

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 12/30/2003 :  04:44:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was only 5 then, but my parents played the music like hair, let the sun shine in, and age of aquarious, must have been awesome.

Kim =^.^=

Page: of 20 Previous Topic: Germany Allows Women to Go Topless in Pools Topic Next Topic: HAPPY NEW YEARS  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.32 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved