Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 257 ]  [ Total: 257 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 "Who knows?"
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Germany Allows Women to Go Topless in Pools Topic Next Topic: HAPPY NEW YEARS
Page: of 20

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 12/30/2003 :  04:45:05 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Corasol,
Enjoy your holiday!

Randy

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  7:12:42 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sometimes it would be easier if some people didn't know. My supervisor blabbed it in front of the (former) president of the company, and he gave me a hell of a (eeeewwww type of) look. My own daughter joked once about "my dad the pervert nudist." She really does understand, but those kind of jokes don't help the cause.

Randy

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  8:01:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nudismisntlewd, I see your point about not telling everyone as some won't or can't understand about nuidism and it's non sexual aspect. Some adults have immature or child-like attitudes toward nudism.

irishred

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  05:22:33 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Exactly, irishred. I told at least one person that I would show them this forum and let them read the topics to see the intelligent, non-sexual conversation here-except I didn't think they were mature enough to get past seeing my avatar. From some of these closed-minded people, I simply don't have the time or patience to listen to their prepubescent BS.

Randy

Corasol
Forum Member

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  07:52:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nudeisntlewd

Corasol,
Enjoy your holiday!

Randy

Hi Randy and all other corresponding members...
Thank for your kind word...
Yesssssssss, I'm leaving this coming monday Jan 5th and will be back around the end of the same month,

Strong posibiliby that I will (sometime) get in touch with Sponta... You'll probably get some news (if we see) from him...

cheers & peace

Corasol

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  09:36:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Corasol, take care. Enjoy, see you upon your return!

irishred

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  07:20:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe in a few years people will get used to nudity, they can oly fight it so long. Hopefully nudity will become as accepted in the USA and Canada, as it is in Europe. It will probably take a generation that has free access to nudity to be able to turn it around.

Kim =^.^=

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  10:27:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
some people are really slow learners,but i hope you are right kimberly

cheef
Forum Member

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  12:23:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit cheef's Homepage  Send cheef an AOL message  Click to see cheef's MSN Messenger address  Send cheef a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
While I hope nudity will gain acceptance in the US, I'm not 100% confident it will. It's still more than possible that anti-nudist forces will prevail. That's part of why it's important to build numbers, options, and allies when the climate is friendly. It's also part of why it's important to make sure that nudism doesn't slip into allowing inappropriate behavior which gives fuel to our opponents.

http://cheef.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nudist-news-group/

NUDKIWI
Forum Member

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  2:54:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your dead right Cheef i think it is very important for us to always promote the positive side of nudism.I know it is sometimes hard but i believe we have to stop hiding ourselves from the outside world.I do not run about advertising the fact i am a nudist,but if the conversation arises or if someone asks i will tell them of my preference to go without clothes when practical.If we continue to deny it or keep it a secret in my opinion it gives the impression we are doing something wrong or something we are ashamed of,thereby enforcing the general view that we are a bunch of wierdo's.I for one dont know how we can be labelled as perverts when we can go naked,socially,in mixed company and view the naked body without thinking of sex,whereas the so called "normal" population can not.So who are the perverts again???
A case in point,look at the image on the home page of this site,to me it is a couple enjoying a day at the beach in the sun,and dressed appropriately.To a textile it probably conveys quite a different meaning,so who is the wierdo,who has the problem?Now the hard part is getting them to acknowledge it.Just like an alcoholic,"Hello my name is "Charles" i am a Textile!!" (LOL).....Textiles Anonymous???;-)

Naturally KIWI

raldren

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  3:23:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
most of my friends know, and do not care, some co-workers that also go to the same beaches as me. It's a very natural thing to do and i encourage people to try a day at a nude beach.

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  10:19:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheef said...
quote:

While I hope nudity will gain acceptance in the US, I'm not 100% confident it will. It's still more than possible that anti-nudist forces will prevail.

I believe that the pendulum will swing the other way one of these days... There seems to be an oscillation ever generation or two.

I find it strange that as our society seems to be getting more morally corrupt in many ways, one movement (naturist) that promotes family activities meets opposition.

At the same time, I just heard an advertisement for "Models" on UPN where the first show, the participants "get naked", not promoting family values but titillation.

P.S - Melissa, your spell checker works great!

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  03:18:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
NUDKIWI and bornnude you are both right. Before we can be accepted by society as nudists, we have to accept society for what it is. Calling people textiles and weirdos because they do not agree with us does not bridge the gap. we have to work with society, and show that we are just enjoying clothes free activities, and are not swingers, child molesters, and perverts. We have to promote nudism as healthy and pro envirnment. Somehow we need to break away from the "sexual" label that nudists have be unfairly given.

Kim =^.^=

cheef
Forum Member

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  1:27:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit cheef's Homepage  Send cheef an AOL message  Click to see cheef's MSN Messenger address  Send cheef a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Kimberly... I agree that we shouldn't call people wierdos. However, I don't think "textiles" is an inherently negative term. It's a shorter way of saying "non-nudists". I have heard somewhat questionable terms like "clothes-compulsive", and out-and-out insulting terms - but I don't think "textile" fits in that category.

http://cheef.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nudist-news-group/

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  3:03:18 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
NUDKIWI,

Thanks for that insight. You have gotten me to thinking. I never thought of it, but you are right. Those who think we are getting naked for sexual reasons do have a perverted view based on what they think is the only reason to be nude with others. Apparently seeing nudity makes them think about sex. Perhaps some of them have their minds in the gutter.

All people and groups in all situations, myself included, have the tendency to make judgements about others based on pre-concieved notions and what we see on the surface. The notions people get are very rarely based on reason, just on emotion and what they see or think they see. In my opinion, this is one of the core problems with society. Why no-one gets along. People are the way they are, and do what they do for reasons, and when researched, that becomes apparent.

Randy

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 01/08/2004 3:07:43 PM

Page: of 20 Previous Topic: Germany Allows Women to Go Topless in Pools Topic Next Topic: HAPPY NEW YEARS  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.17 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved