Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 180 ]  [ Total: 180 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 "Who knows?"
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Germany Allows Women to Go Topless in Pools Topic Next Topic: HAPPY NEW YEARS
Page: of 20

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  6:15:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Randy, well said. But I think our live style, although not yet generally accepted, is growing. I also find the discussion of nudism among my age group as well as in my children's circle being more common.

Chic

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  7:47:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that the internet will help expose (no pun intended) nudism and the nude lifestyle to more people and they will see the merits and pleasures. More may decide to give it a try since there are more of us nudists out there than many people realize.

irishred

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 01/09/2004 :  05:18:01 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Chic, thanks. And credit goes to Nudkiwi too, for helping get my mind thinking.

Randy

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 01/09/2004 :  10:34:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

That's what is great about this forum, the open and mostly serious discussions creates a grearter understanding of other's point of view and adds to our knowledge base.

Chic

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  05:18:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Most of the topics posed get you thinking. I agree that this forum is great, you get to see the other persons point of view.

Kim =^.^=

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  1:03:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
right, kimberly, and the comments broaden your perspective.

sometimes, it's like "geee, i never thought of that"., or "duh",
or "wow"

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/13/2004 :  10:20:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thats true Calmnude, sometimes I read other people's response, and say "why didn't I think of that?"

Kim =^.^=

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  7:12:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry to bring this topic up again a month after it's retired, but I want to tell what happened tonight. Each Friday night a group of my colleagues go out for a drink after work. Tonight I decided to join them. The topics of conversation were pretty broad and at one point we got into a conversation about whether it was worth it to pay extra at an apartment or condo for a pool. I commented that I love to swim and in fact do swim nearly every week. But I probably wouldn't use a pool at my condo as it would be uncomfortable for me. They asked why it would be uncomfortable and I replied that I prefer to skinnydip as the feeling of a wet suit feels funny to me and I'm just a skinnydipper. One of my colleageues agreed wholeheartedly while the other 2 at my table pretty much had their jaws drop. They all commented that I was the last person in the world whom they would have guessed to be a skinnydipper, that I'm so normal and conservative. I told them that I am normal and conservative, but I just prefer comfort. It's not like I'm doing anything wrong while I'm swimming- just being free and comfortable. It was interesting to see their reactions. Yet now I'm wondering if it was such a good idea to say anything. On the other hand, it's not like I told them EVERYTHING, you know? Still... we'll see how this one plays out. Thanks for listening.

Melissa

ps- Like mother, like daughter, huh? I guess it runs in the family.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  03:47:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Melissa like I have said in other posts, I just tell people that I am a nudist on a need to know basis. Not everyone is comfortable with the idea of nudism. Society as a whole thinks we are a bunch of perverts. If someone asks about nudism, or is interested I will talk to them about it. It seems most peole just want to argue about it. One person I was talking to said I was teaching my kids wrong by being nude in front of them. I said how is that? They said it will make them want to have sex. I said I see my husbands' gun all the time, doesn't make make me want to go out and kill some one. The argument stopped at that point. Only a few people will be open to the idea of nudity, so they best way is to talk to them away from the group. I can only imagine what the gossip is going to be like in school Monday.

Kim =^.^=

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  05:33:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This group of people- just 4 of us- isn't gossipy and I don't think they think any worse of me because of it. It's obvious one of the people there also likees to skinnydip. The others weren't obviously against it, just surpriesed that I, of all people, preferred it to swimsuits. I'm not worried about repercussions from what I said, though I will be cautious about revealing that swimming and hot tubbing aren't the only things I do nude.

Melissa

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  08:14:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the term skinnydipping is a lot more acceptable then "nudist". Kimberly is right, there is a stigma that seems to go along with doing anything more than just swimming or hottubbing nude.

"Skinnydipping" seems to bring back memories (real or imagined) of the swimming hole down by the creek with the rope swing.....

Good luck Melissa.

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  11:11:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the term skinnydipping is more innocent of a term than nudist in the minds of the uninitiated. Melissa, does not look like any harm was done.

Melissa, who knows you may convert your friend who agreed with you that skinnydipping was fun.

irishred

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  03:25:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with bornnude, skinnydipping sounds so innocent. Melissa I think IrishRed is right, sounds like you may have made a convert, or at least have someone interested. A lot of people are afraid to do something unless someone else does it first. You may have set an example. Reminds me of the childrens story I used to read to my kids, "Fraidy cat!".

Kim =^.^=

NUDKIWI
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  2:00:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Melissa.
I think you did good.You said your bit then left it there.Now at least these three friends know a little more about you and hey one even agreed,give the others time to think it over and who knows.I can just see it turning over in their heads,"Well if Melissa does it......"

Naturally KIWI

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  2:49:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Melissa, You are getting to be more like me than you know. LOL That's why I use the term skinnydip rather than nudist as it has the more innocent connotation.

Hugs, Mom

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Page: of 20 Previous Topic: Germany Allows Women to Go Topless in Pools Topic Next Topic: HAPPY NEW YEARS  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.18 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved