Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 181 ]  [ Total: 182 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Resorts - Naturist Resorts, Nudism Places
 Conservative / Family Nudist Resort - Trip Reports
 Sunsport Gardens, Loxahatchee, Florida
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Edun Lake in Naples, FL Topic Next Topic: Scottsdale, Arizona
Page: of 3

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  12:18:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The parents of the children did sign and fully understand that the photos were being posted online.

If you've got a complaint, question, etc., why not email Morley Schloss?!
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
http://pages.prodigy/cheridonna

Kender
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  9:33:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FlCpl4NewdFun

Wow!!!!!

I originally signed back on to reply to Cathy to agree that "creepy" was a little harsh. But after reading your response I am almost speechless.

My God, do you really believe that's acceptable?

That attitude is not only dangerous, it's the biggest threat to nudism there is. Purposely choosing that picture? They aren't going to give into social pressure? Not only is it even more creepy now than before, it's selfish and exploitive. These children do not understand the ramifications of their decisions and are in no position to make the call on their own. They are relying on responsible adults to keep them safe and look out for their best interests. How selfish of them to take a position like that just to show how enlightened and free they are. They might as well have a big banner out front welcoming pedophiles.

I'm sorry Cathy, that's not misguided, it's intentional. There is nothing about family naturism that should involve using images of minor children as a form of social protest and speech.

Instead of my normal closing of Cheers, I'll sign off with two words:

Holy Crap!

What ramifications? They aren't doing anything wrong or illegal. If someone in the future wants to "make fun" of them with the standard mis-guided insults that guys give in regards to manhood do you really think they will care given the open mindedness that they are being raised with?

While your excluding children's images from family nudism why stop there. Let's add images of attractive women/men, after all we wouldn't want to use their image to protest public opinion that nudists are all fat and wrinkled. They are simply showing nudism in it's true form, all ages/sex/race/etc., and not giving in to the overly PC crowd that seems so dominant today with banning anything that might possibly have a chance of potentially causing someone to think that they may have had an inclination towards almost being offended by "insert thin-skinned complaint here".

The pedophile comment was ridiculous. First off given the pedophiles actions that make them a pedophile he would probably "stand" out and be easy to identify and kick out. I may be fairly new to the social culture of nudism but it seems to me that if you see a naked picture of a minor in a non-sexual situation (like the ones from the website) and your primary reaction is one that makes you think of the minors as sex objects and triggers some manic pedophiliaphobia then you may need to re-examine your thinking, take a few weeks to vacation at a resort, and open your mind to the hippie vibes that radiate throughout the nudist world. "Only then will you realize the truth....There is no spoon...".

On another point I found the essay by Stephanie to be a very nice writing that more people should draw some inspiration from. It's great to see someone from her age group with that type of mentality. Hers is an age group that is right in the middle of all the peer pressure to be a perfectly proportional size with the barbie doll-ish endowment, perfect skin, no flaws, leading to all kinds of unhealthy body image disorders. I can only hope that more people will see the healthy effects of nudism and how it can save young ones from an early adulthood of questing after the "perfect" body through any means be it GNC type supplements or binge and purge behaviors.

No matter how hard we try over 90% of us will not have our high school bodies by the time we are in our mid 30's, instead of wasting time with unnecessary activities we should spend more time getting to know the people around us.

Fun in the sun
DJ

FlCpl4NewdFun
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  11:40:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1) Wrong is subjective, rational people can disagree. Your statement that it is not wrong (and mine that it is) is an opinion not a fact. But just because something is not illegal does not make it "right"

2) I have no problem with family nudism. In fact I think it is a wholesome, natural, and normal way to raise children. My issue is with posting pictures of nude children on the internet. My reaction is one of a parent who wants to protect children.

3) Predators don't "stand out". If any comment on this thread is ridiculous it's that one. Children are victimized all the time by people they trust, but I guess you don't hear about that much living under a rock.

There is a reason AANR doesn't have those pictures plastered on their website. Maybe you should suggest they add a few pictures of full frontal nudity of preteens to their homepage and see how that goes over in the effort to promote family nudism. I dare say they may get one or two complaints if they took that approach.

And by they way, my mind is quite open, that's how I'm able to not let it get polluted by the "hippie vibes" you speak of!

Edited by - FlCpl4NewdFun on 06/09/2008 11:50:21 PM

johninfla
Forum Member

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  12:36:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, here's my two cents worth...

If the presentation is "family nudism/naturism" then all may (read "may" not "should") be represented in both words and photos; any reluctance to do so is simply complying with fear-mongers. In complying, we're simply joining the fear-mongers.

Why is it so impossible to understand that the person who gets their jollies looking at pics of nude children is the person who has the problem, not the rest of us? If we, as a society and government, decide that to engage in such activity is illegal, then it's the responsibility of our society to remove those miscreants rather than that the rest of us have to hide the children in some way protecting them from something or other, the boogeyman.

IMHO if one takes a close look at the news, then the children serious need to be protected from the Boy Scouts and church leaders, certainly not from nudists.

AJ0127
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  2:45:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the best of all worlds, the publishing of full frontal nude pictures of children engaged in innocent activities wouldn't be an issue. However, this isn't the best of all worlds. Legislators, particularly in the Bible Belt, will probably look for any excuse to shut down legitimate nudist clubs. Sunsport Gardens should exercise a little discretion in choosing the pictures to post on the web site. From my perspective as a resident of the Great White North, I see socially conservative Florida politicians looking to make hay with stuff like this.

FlCpl4NewdFun
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2008 :  12:48:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay so we went for a visit not to long ago. I must say it's a great place. Lot's of nice people and everyone was friendly. Most people kept to themselves and the members tended to just chat with each other. That said we still were able to socialize with quite a few people. I'm sure if we go back a few times and get to know everybody we would be welcomed as one of their own.

When we arrived (after traveling a dirt road - didn't know they had those in Palm Beach County!) the gate was open. We just pulled up to the office and signed in, they took a copy of our DLs and we were off to the pool. (no tour required or offered as mentioned on their website) As a previous post mentioned, good thing we brought our own chairs as lounge chairs are quite limited. Be sure to bring your own when you visit.

It's definitely a rustic experience (not our thing) but since we live so close by it's perfect for day visits.

The restaurant was slow, but had a friendly staff and great food, well worth the wait.

They have an "old school" slide into the pool ( you remember those, a small fiberglass slide with a rickety ladder). Haven't seen one of those since the 70's. Went down it several times and felt like a kid again. Took me a few hours to lose the inhibitions and give it a try, but afterwards several folks joined in the fun.

As usual with single friendly resorts it was predominately males, but presented no problems and after a little while you don't even notice. My wife never felt uncomfortable at any time.

I must admit, the crowd and general atmosphere was about as diametrically opposed to our own political and philosophical views as it can get, but the beauty of it was it just didn't matter. That's the great thing about nudism, you leave all that baggage behind. However, if such topics came up not sure how it would go. I may have been shown the door.

We will definitely be going back. Despite my positive review, I don't retract my statements in previous posts above, but I am glad we decided to give it a try and speak from experience not perception.

Cheers!

jeffc6578

Posted - 10/20/2008 :  05:13:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to reply after reading this thread....
I 've been raised as a a nudist, after actually pressuring my mom, who I suspected of being a nudist.
I want to tell the world that my awesome mom let me be naked, and joined me, and I'll never forget how accepting she (and is).
I was 10 or 11 when I pushed the issue, and she was not only accepting, but she was naked before I was.
I guess what I'm saying is that I REALLY wanted to be naked, on my own. No-one made me get naked. As long as everyone is OK; whats the problem?

Connie and John
Forum Member

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  9:06:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have two small children and we would not let pictures of them be used in that fashion. Each his own but that does not mean that the parents made the right choice. Putting out those pictures of those children ignores the reality that there are people out there who will use them for other purposes. I have prosecuted enough of these people to know.

But on another note, could you give me a little more information on the tent area?

Thanks,

J & C

Rich3800
Forum Member

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  2:32:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The whole place gets flooded at hurricane time. There should be a huge "No Wake Zone" sign to greet visitors.

Rich3800
Forum Member

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  2:45:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
People should be driving into Sunsport in submarines, not cars.

Teva
Forum Member

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  12:37:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The same thing happens to many nudist parks.

AdamInFL
Forum Member

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  7:36:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit AdamInFL's Homepage  Send AdamInFL a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, since I just spent a few days there, I'll give a brief trip report :) I'll start off by stating that I went as a single male and everyone was friendly and welcoming. I was a little concerned about the road in, it's a dirt road along a small canal in an agricultural area, but I'm very happy that I wasn't dissuaded. I checked in and paid (much less expensive than I'd expected, I was given my first days grounds fees for free as a first time visitor), and Ashley (?) was very friendly and informative. I was then given a cart-tour of the grounds, which was kind of confusing with all of the trails, but when I retraced it on foot, I realized that it wasn't too big of an area, just nicely divided by the natural vegetation. I set my tent up next to a pond with a small island that has the COOLEST huge orange iguana on it. It looked like a Komodo Dragon! :) I then spent the rest of the day at the pool/hot-tub area, watching some pretty serious volleyball. The pool and hot-tub were both at a perfect temperature, I didn't try the sauna. Today Rob (flcpl4newdfun) visited and we spent the day sitting by the pool, talking about different resorts and the army and misc BS, it was very cool to have somebody to talk with (I'm pretty shy about introducing myself)...

I'll definately be visiting again, maybe this weekend. I only came home because I was invited (via the wi-fi at the pool :D ) on a beach date tomorrow. Probably the only thing I would improve would be the size of the restroom facilities at the pool-area. It's pretty tiny. Overall, a fairly rustic resort (which I like) with friendly and normal people. Yay!

Adam

There are 10 kind of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Boatin Bare

Posted - 06/19/2009 :  12:23:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunsports sounds like a nice place, especially if you enjoy the rustic environment. Anyone been there recently, e.g. in the last month or two? I'm planning a month long trip to Florida and would like to visit a few resorts/clubs, but as a single male I want to make sure I'm choosing the best ones that are receptive, friendly to and comfortable with single males.

AdamInFL
Forum Member

Posted - 06/23/2009 :  8:27:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit AdamInFL's Homepage  Send AdamInFL a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've been there the past three weekends. What would you like to know? Twice I went as a single male, and once with a friend from Ft. Myers (female). Every time I go I'm impressed by how friendly and receptive to newcomers everybody is!

There are 10 kind of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

FlCpl4NewdFun
Forum Member

Posted - 06/23/2009 :  9:52:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Adam - Hope all is well with you. Let us know next time you're in town and we'll try and make it over there!

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Edun Lake in Naples, FL Topic Next Topic: Scottsdale, Arizona  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.22 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved