Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 204 ]  [ Total: 204 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Resorts - Naturist Resorts, Nudism Places
 Romantic / Adult-Oriented Nudist Resort Directory
 Some destinations may NOT be suitable for children
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Club Fantastico Topic Next Topic: Been to Punta Serena?
Page: of 3

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 07/09/2002 :  5:12:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
These nudist resorts cater to an adult clientele, with a more sensual or romantic atmosphere in the evening. Therefore, some of these destinations may NOT be suitable for children.

Candy Mejia

Posted - 11/10/2002 :  6:49:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Candy Mejia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, My name is Candy Mejia and I am the General Manager of The Terra Cotta Inn in sunny Palm Springs, CA. Some destinations like ours are not suitable for children and and are run very conservatively. We have guests from all around the world that take their vacations with us and they don't want to have to watch little kids running around poolside all day long. That is why we cater to adults and not to families. So just because a naturist resort is not suitable for children does not mean it is sexual or wild. Thanks, Candy :-)

Candy:-)
The Terra Cotta Inn of Palm SPrings, CA
http://www.sunnyfun.com

cyndiann
Forum Member

Posted - 11/12/2002 :  09:17:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit cyndiann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

These nudist resorts cater to an adult clientele, with a more sensual or romantic atmosphere in the evening. Therefore, some of these destinations may NOT be suitable for children.

Land O'Lakes / Lutz
- - Resort - AANR -

But Paradise is listed as an AANR club which only accepts "family" type clubs..... I see kids there now and then and there are a few that live there. It is the same as Lake Como for example in this respect, which you include in your "family" clubs. Kids are welcome most times but there are events at which they aren't invited.

It is no different than being at home and saving the more adult TV for after the kids have gone to bed, or inviting friends over for a late night cardgame and having a few beers while the kids are asleep.

Hey admin, how about introducing yourself? Some personal background would be nice. I'd like to know who started this board and what motivated it.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 11/12/2002 :  1:12:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're right, cyndiann, the one thing that shouldn't be bare around here is our profiles!
I've updated mine...! (hint hint)

Ed Falcon
Forum Member

Posted - 01/18/2003 :  04:08:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Ed Falcon an AOL message  Send Ed Falcon a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Candy i just would like to say i have seen some of your photos. Very lovely. Very attractive. Just wanted to say that.

EF

quote:
Originally posted by Candy Mejia

Hi, My name is Candy Mejia and I am the General Manager of The Terra Cotta Inn in sunny Palm Springs, CA. Some destinations like ours are not suitable for children and and are run very conservatively. We have guests from all around the world that take their vacations with us and they don't want to have to watch little kids running around poolside all day long. That is why we cater to adults and not to families. So just because a naturist resort is not suitable for children does not mean it is sexual or wild. Thanks, Candy :-)

geojo
Forum Member

Posted - 02/16/2003 :  4:41:27 PM  Show Profile  Send geojo a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My wife and I enjoyed Grand Lido Negril and stayed on the nude beach side. Very friendly people and the service was great. Have enjoyed it for the past 10 years and in the month of Dec.

george

usvera
Forum Member

Posted - 06/29/2004 :  1:30:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit usvera's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Candy is also a member of the Diablo Sun Devils Naturist Club in the San Francisco Bay Area and is a wonderful advocate of our club... always helping us with our goals of introducing women to naturism.

She strongly supports the many joys and health benefits of naturism for women just as I do... (something which is long overdue) and is a fantastic asset to the naturist community as well as the Diablo Sun Devils..!

The Diablo Sun Devils have been to the Terra Cotta Inn as a group... and many of us have been there individually as well. It is not just a great place to stay... but it is also a wonderful destination. We are a singles... couples and family oriented club and I can assure you that children would be comfortable and right at home at the Terra Cotta Inn... but it is certainly much more relaxing without them..!!!

Keep up the good work Candy..!

quote:
Originally posted by Candy Mejia

Bare Hugz... Vera, the Sun Devil

The Diablo Sun Devils... a nudist club primarily for the benefit of women everywhere..!

http://www.DiabloSunDevils.com

Devils@DiabloSunDevils.com

Wiccan

Posted - 02/23/2005 :  12:02:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know anything about a place in Ontario Canada called "The Grand Barn" It is between Ottawa and Montreal. I've heard of it , but never seen it listed as AANR or such. Have not spoken to any couples or families who have gone either. Any word??

Thanks.

Be the change you wish to see in the world

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 02/23/2005 :  12:34:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do have some information. The fellow who runs it, Peter Riden, is a long-time friend. (Friends don't have to believe in the same things) It's not my cup of tea, but you can find more about them at http://www.hawk.igs.net/~tgbarn/200.HTM - it is definitely not g-rated. It will probably never be affiliated with AANR since it is not of that category.

Regards, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism

Edited by - Cheri on 02/23/2005 12:36:09 PM

Wiccan

Posted - 02/23/2005 :  1:37:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Cheri. My daughter (18)will be going to school near there and I was wondering about using it as a base and place she could also go nude. So I take it from your response it is an "adult" place rather than "family".

Appreciate your input.

Regards.

Be the change you wish to see in the world

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 02/23/2005 :  6:52:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wiccan, You take it correctly. In Ontario, I would recommend New Forrest as a base for her.

:) Cheri

rabbitnbunny
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2008 :  5:35:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit rabbitnbunny's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You know, if a particular nudist place is non-family, that's NOT a bad thing. There are a lot of nudists/naturists that don't like kids, and don't want to be around them. Yet, we are made to feel like we're some kind of bad, for not wanting to go to a "family" resort. Because of that, my wife and I go to beaches. Of the three nudist/naturist resorts in Northern California, all are AANR Family affiliated places.

If I win the lottery, I'll see about opening a nudist getaway for "the rest of us" in Northern CA.

PeterRiden
Forum Member

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  10:13:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit PeterRiden's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

I do have some information. The fellow who runs it, Peter Riden, is a long-time friend. (Friends don't have to believe in the same things) It's not my cup of tea, but you can find more about them at http://www.hawk.igs.net/~tgbarn/200.HTM - it is definitely not g-rated. It will probably never be affiliated with AANR since it is not of that category.

Regards, Cheri

Yes, kind of a little late but better late than never. Beautiful Cheri is indeed a good friend. As for THE GRAND BARN, I know that our Darling Cheri has been highly under attack for standing up for her friend Peter and feels a little shaken about it.
Here is what summarizes TGB: The Grand Barn has never since day one considered its facility to be soley a nudist venue, club or colony. Since its opening in 1988 The concept of being "At ease with Nudity" has always superseded the exclusionary constraints of the fundamentalist nudist mindset. This principle of entreating individuals to define their own social and moral responsibility within the construct of a communal environment has caused a forced alienation of the Grand Barn, with many of the other nude venues and associations. The positive aspects of this exclusivity has yielded many long standing and supportive members, who year after year have supported the freedom that 'The Grand Barn' stands for.
That should be the destination for any and all who don't add pretenses in their lives when it comes to socializing in the Nude and an answer to some who are looking exactly for what we offer and expressed in these forums..;-)
Mostly for one who writes "If I win the lottery, I'll see about opening a nudist getaway for "the rest of us" in Northern CA." That money could be directed our way..;-)

In Friendship & Universality
Peter Riden {T.W.A.N. Founder}
http://www.the-worldwide-affiliate-network.com
{TGB Conceptor}: http://www.the-grand-barn.com

TheWhiteCockatoo
Forum Member

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  01:17:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit TheWhiteCockatoo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PeterRiden

Yes, kind of a little late but better late than never. Beautiful Cheri is indeed a good friend. As for THE GRAND BARN, I know that our Darling Cheri has been highly under attack for standing up for her friend Peter and feels a little shaken about it.
Here is what summarizes TGB: The Grand Barn has never since day one considered its facility to be soley a nudist venue, club or colony. Since its opening in 1988 The concept of being "At ease with Nudity" has always superseded the exclusionary constraints of the fundamentalist nudist mindset. This principle of entreating individuals to define their own social and moral responsibility within the construct of a communal environment has caused a forced alienation of the Grand Barn, with many of the other nude venues and associations. The positive aspects of this exclusivity has yielded many long standing and supportive members, who year after year have supported the freedom that 'The Grand Barn' stands for.
That should be the destination for any and all who don't add pretenses in their lives when it comes to socializing in the Nude and an answer to some who are looking exactly for what we offer and expressed in these forums..;-)
Mostly for one who writes "If I win the lottery, I'll see about opening a nudist getaway for "the rest of us" in Northern CA." That money could be directed our way..;-)

Very well said, Peter, and I couldn't have said it better myself

Total Independence from all other Nudist organisations, associations, clubs, and venues, since day 1, 7 years ago for us, has been probably our best ever business decision!

We do our thing to best suit our guests / customers and as the demographics of such change we are constantly looking at all options for the best result for those same guests / customers which ultimately is the best result for our business.

So many of us are doing the same Peter.

It just may take longer for others to realise that it's 2008 now, not 1948!!!

Cheers

Tony Fox

Proprietor
@ The White Cockatoo
Web : http://www.thewhitecockatoo.com
Email : info@thewhitecockatoo.com
Ph. +61 7 40982222
Fax. +61 7 40982221
9 Alchera Drive,
Mossman, Qld 4873,
Australia

MrVisions

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  02:12:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit MrVisions's Homepage  Click to see MrVisions's MSN Messenger address  Send MrVisions a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gromit801

You know, if a particular nudist place is non-family, that's NOT a bad thing. There are a lot of nudists/naturists that don't like kids, and don't want to be around them. Yet, we are made to feel like we're some kind of bad, for not wanting to go to a "family" resort. Because of that, my wife and I go to beaches. Of the three nudist/naturist resorts in Northern California, all are AANR Family affiliated places.

If I win the lottery, I'll see about opening a nudist getaway for "the rest of us" in Northern CA.

I've always loved that quote by Mickey Rourke in the movie barfly: "Its not that I dislike people, I just seemed to like it better when they are not around." As I move on in years I tend to have this approach to children. I like peace and quiet, I've seen and participated in the lives of many children, I've done my service and deserve my honorable discharge.

PeterRiden
Forum Member

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  4:28:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit PeterRiden's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good to hear from you, Tony.
While keeping your full independence you could join along with T.W.A.N.
You will not be told what to do.. only that we'll gladly promote a destination that share our mutual scope, my friend, and yours is one of the many destinations that presents such interesting and honest facts. We even have our own Travel Rep option at http://www.twanvacations.com

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Club Fantastico Topic Next Topic: Been to Punta Serena?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.37 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved