Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 145 ]  [ Total: 145 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Whats the bravest thing you have done nude?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: America Is Afraid to Be Nude Topic Next Topic: Polar Bear Plunge
Page: of 34

LarryK1052
Forum Member

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  6:01:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anniebare, I can relate to your nude model posing. I enjoy drawing the human figure and I enjoy being nude. So I thought posing nude would give me something useful to do while enjoying being nude. So over the last year or so I have been able to pose three times and I really enjoy it. Like you after my first time I was complimented on my poses and they couldn't believe it was my first time. Hope to pose more this year, it puts a couple of dollars in your pocket (once dressed) and it is great fun. So fellow nudists if you're looking for something fun to do while nude and useful contact the art departments at any university and with a little persistence you'll be standing naked in front of a room full of clothed strangers.

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.

sensorky

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  1:47:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A few years back, I lived in the deep South. I'd get up at 5am everyday to go running. There was a new housing development being built about 1/2 mile from where I lived. At 5am, it was still very dark. So, when I got to the housing development area, I would strip off my shirt and shorts and enjoy running naked (except for shoes and socks) through the neighborhood. What a great feeling that was!

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  6:05:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I walked around an inner suburban street block in Melbourne once late at night. It was very hot, I had been drinking, there was a dare involved and I found it a little scary initially but also somewhat liberating. Maybe this was stupid as I could have been arrested but its in the past.

I have also retrieved my newspaper early in the morning starkers but my wife gets a bit annoyed when I do that so I have stopped.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/15/2010 :  9:33:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Soon nude, my wife gets annoyed when I take the garbage out nude, or go to grab something out of the car. I always do it at night too, but she's so worried that someone is going to see me and I'll get arrested. So what I do is step out into the garage wearing pants (or shorts in the summer) so she thinks I'm clothed, then strip them off and do them naked. I slip the pants/shorts back on at the door and walk back in.
It's kinda weird though, she hates when I do those things, but in the summer I'll sit out naked late at night on my front steps and she has no problem with it.

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 01/17/2010 :  8:35:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rooftopwilly

Good to hear someone else does these things. We have kids and that is my wife's biggest issue as my two daughter (12 & 14) are uncomfortable with me being starkers, I make a coffee early and go back to read the week-end papers. We live at the end of a Court (cul-de-sac) with other houses around the end of the court so all houses tend to point towards each other so that too is an issue for my wife. I only retrieved the papers early when it was still a bit dark and the likelihood of being caught was very low but its still an issue for some.

I did drive in an old car through Melbourne with my then girlfriend and we were both naked. The car's shielding was there and it was in the evening so in hindsight it may not be that brave but it seemed like it at the time and my GF really got off on it. The car was reliable so the chance of a breakdown was low but being pulled up by the police may have been interesting.

SBN.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/17/2010 :  11:39:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My daughter is only 7, and has no problems with my nudity, but we'll see in a few more years.

I did get brave one time and took my garbage out at 11 in the morning, in broad daylight, while naked. I live in a squared circle if you will. My house is the third house from where it curves around, and it comes back out 1 houses to the other side. I don't have a house directly across from me, which is the lot on the inside curve, and the house across to the left, the front faces sideways to me, as it fronts the part of the squared circle that comes back around. On my right side, I have a row of evergreen type trees that give me some blockage in my driveway. So one morning, my truck was parked on the left side of the driveway, giving me partial screening that way. I opened the garage door, scanned out to make sure nobody was directly out front, then proceeded slowly to the opening, scanning all areas as they opened to my vision. I then got to the garage door opening and grabbed the can and stood behind it. It's a tall can on wheels, so I wheeled it out, using it to shield my lower half. Once I got out to the end of my truck and the trees, I did one more really good scan of the neighborhood, then went the last few feet out in the wide open, set the can down in it's place, then walked back into the garage. To say it was exhilarating is an understatement.

Speaking of, it's recycle day tomorrow. Gotta take my can out tonight. Naked of course. I have to risk freezing temps, but anything to be naked outside.

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  7:20:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Rooftopwilly, thought about doing any modelling? Anniebare and others seem to have enjoyed their experiences. I know an older woman who lives along the coast 50-60km away and she is an artist and paints nude portraits. I've been to her house many times through my work and we have struck up a friendship. I've seen many of the portraits but have not been asked to pose, maybe she doesn't think I'm suitable but I have thought about asking her but I'm not sure about that. Her portraits are not perfect photo type paintings so facial recognition may not occur which means others won't necessarily realise who it is.

I live in a town in a rural area so I modelling for other would be local artists is an issue as its likely someone will know me. Anonymity is preferred so I might have to offer my services elsewhere.

I would like to have my body recorded as it is now while I'm fit and toned. Ever considered this idea? What are other's experiences? Is this being a narcissist or just proud of your body and who you are?

SBN.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  02:22:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm somewhat interested by it, but believe it or not from the stories I've posted about myself, I actually work in law enforcement. Yeah I know what you're thinking...I take risks being nude outside, yet I enforce laws! But I'm actually in Federal law enforcement, not state or local, so I enforce different types of laws. Anyhow, that's one of the reasons I don't think I'd do any nude modeling. First off, I'm not allowed to make any money outside of work without prior authorization, so getting paid for it is out of the question. Second, I have 2 herniated discs in my back from my paratrooper days, so staying still in one position for a long time is pretty much out of the question, unless it's lying down. Third, the whole recognition part. All I need is someone to recognize me one day.

sensorky

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  05:22:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too have thought about posing in the nude for art classes. Not sure I could stay in one position very long. But posing is an intriguing idea and perhaps even a possibility.

bayoudude5

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  2:37:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have driven completely nude from Long Beach to San Francisco. Then I drove nude through the Napa and Sonoma Valley. I walked nude through the Jack London Park at Glen Ellen. I did carry a pair of very thin jogger shorts with no lining in case I walked up on anyone. It was a very exciting trip. BayouDude

runekkid
Forum Member

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  7:13:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On my honeymoon (wow, was that actually 30 years ago?!!) I was feeling frisky and made a dash a few doors down in the motel au-naturel to the ice machine. The darned old spring loaded door closed and locked behind me with a resounding "click."

My new bride made me stand outside for a few seconds before she laughingly let me back in. I'm not sure she would be even that courteous to me if it were to happen now! At the very least she would make me wait longer, but in all probability there would be a nude streak required to the front desk to get another key! Come to think of it, maybe I should try it again.

barefootguyinco
Forum Member

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  11:36:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit barefootguyinco's Homepage  Send barefootguyinco a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
For me, one of the bravest things I've done might be about 5 years ago. We had moved to a new home and had been there only about 6 months at the time. This new home put us about a mile away from my parents house, so they came by often. And since I had some privacy in a section of the backyard I often went outside nude. But if I entered the driveway which came into the backyard, there was a chance of being seen by people driving by. I often wandered into the driveway anyway as there was actually a stop sign right at the end of our driveway so I could usually hear people coming to a stop in time to move behind my truck for cover. Well after going into the driveway to do a few things one evening, I heard a car come to a stop so I moved beside my truck as usual. The car seemed to drive away so I moved back out but then realized that it was my family (Father & Stepmother with my 2 nieces), and they hadn't driven by but were actually backing into the driveway. I then realized they had gotten a full view of myself nude and again moved back beside my truck until they drove past (they were backing well past me to a barn on the back of the property). I retrieved a pair of shorts from my truck and went into the house to put on a shirt and was doing a few other things before going out to talk to them when my nieces came in. First things out of their mouth was 'Uncle Guy, so do you cook bacon in the nude too?". Coming from 10 year old girls this had me laughing as I answered them.

Although I wasn't really embarrassed, I considered it one of my braver nude moments as my family didn't know I was a nudist until that point, but after that, they knew for sure. I was actually very glad they caught me as it gave me a simple way to tell them I was a nudist and let them know to call first if they want me to get dressed before they show up. And I also let everyone else that didn't know this, the same thing, so it was like a relief to be able to talk to others about my nudism and not keep it to myself any longer.

But right up there with the bravest thing is a party we had last year. My girlfriend and I live in the country (different house) with a very private backyard. So we decided to hold a party for a bunch of friends and announced that we would be hosting it nude and they were welcome to join us. We had a great turnout of about 20 people, (no family, just friends) and as we planned, we greeted them nude and remained nude the whole time. One other couple joined us so there was 4 of us nude and about 18 clothed. It was very liberating and comfortable for us, and didn't seem to make anyone uncomfortable so all in all was a great day.

There has been other instances, but I'll leave it at this for now.

Body shame, like prejuduce, is not natural. It is learned from others and benefits no one.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  7:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So tell us barefootguyinco, does your family now call and ask you to cover up first, or are they comfortable with you being nude?

nudewithfriends
Forum Member

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  12:01:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, so there are a couple that I thought about...

1. First time at a nude beach. I was 16, my girlfriend was 16. Hormones raging. And she stripped off like nothing.

2. In 2009, I was living in Germany. I went to a suana/water park with a co-worker. I knew the saunas were coed and nude...little did I know that on that particular day, the ENTIRE FACILITY was nude. So, this female co-worker and I...got naked and joined in. Weird at first. Fun by the end (isn't it always?).

3. The the BRAVEST thing I did was at beach in SoCal many years ago. I was there with a group of naked friends (oh, how I miss them). This clothed guy was walking around us, totally perving on the girls in the group. He finally sat down, like RIGHT NEXT TO US. And he kept fiddling with his bag. I realized that he was recording us. So I confronted him. That was hard. I was nude. He was clothed. I really felt vulnerable, confronting him and telling him off. But, he packed up his stuff, and he steered clear of me and my friends from then on.

barefootguyinco
Forum Member

Posted - 02/03/2010 :  12:21:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit barefootguyinco's Homepage  Send barefootguyinco a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Rooftop, my father passed away about a year later, and my stepmother who I'm still good friends with does call 1st as I think she's just not comfortable seeing me nude. But she has seen me a few times as she drove up one day and I was working in the doorway of my shop, plus a couple of other brief instances. My sister and I (who lives a state away) have discussed it since then and she has no problem with it and stated she wouldn't be bothered by it. So one day when she was visiting I was showing her photos I had taken and had on my computer. We came across photos I took while visiting a very scenic and beautiful nudist place about 4 hours from me and while scrolling through them came on one of myself standing on the balcony of the room I had. It only showed my backside but she just commented something like, 'oh boy, I'm all worried about seeing my brothers naked butt', and it was no big deal. I have yet to be nude around her as circumstances will have to be just right to do so the first time around my sister, but I'm confident that one day they will and I can be comfortable around her nude, and she may even join us as we have an in-ground pool now that will be mostly nude only.

But other than that, all of our friends expect us to be nude when they come over, so we rarely dress for company anymore.

Body shame, like prejuduce, is not natural. It is learned from others and benefits no one.

Page: of 34 Previous Topic: America Is Afraid to Be Nude Topic Next Topic: Polar Bear Plunge  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.3 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved