Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 444 ]  [ Total: 445 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Society And Culture: Nudism Around The World
 Nudist Attitudes in Various Countries
 Nudist attitudes and customs from around the world
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: Is Nudism Going The Way of Organized Religion?
Page: of 5

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 08/16/2003 :  10:42:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
AUSTRALIA and Naturism...

In Australia most people generally accept nudity, though contrary to popular belief we're not all as liberal to the idea as some may think.

All beaches in Australia are certainly top-free but complete nudity is usually not accepted in our culturally (as opposed to religiously) conservative society.

Saying that, there are plenty of nude beaches and resorts around the country. If you need more information please feel free to send me an e-mail message

Cheers,
Spontanudity

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/16/2003 :  3:12:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WELCOME. our little nudism united nations here is a good little place, with nice contributors.

johny59
Forum Member

Posted - 10/30/2003 :  07:07:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now about Russia, Ive been travelled lot of times some years ago.

Ural region: we using to be a non-nudist bicycle-tourist group once clad in relatively masive shorts and shirts, but was invited to town militia station and invited to "dress properly" in the +35 Celsius under treat of prison.

Kaukasian region, including Black sea Georgian coast. Russian touristesses use to be exclusively in at least bikini while georgian women go bath in the long black shirts and never open the least pach of skin. Ironically that coming out from the sea they looks much more see-through if they would use bikini.

Azerbaijan and Kaspian sea coast. Man are using to be sometimes nake, I mean non-naturist man. Children are explicitly playing nake in many places. Women are going bath in the street dresses and never less. Due to the warm all clotches are dried in 15 minutes.

Soviet Karelia. Even at +30 the lonely fisherman in most remote lake dresses in the rags, what wet are so uncomfortable. The same time choffers at sun-warmed cabins of lorries sometimes use to go shirtless.

Moscow, Leningrad/Petersbourgh - everywhere in near the water the bikini seems enough to be "appropriate" even in shop, some 5 minutes from beach. If farer You risk be invited to dress. Exists some quite large nudist colonies.

Baltics (now independent) and most free-minded. Everywhere at the seaside, the zone between sea and railway (~0,5 km wide) is filled with abundance of small shops and 1/4 of public may be clad in bikini. Toplessness and nudists may be found only in some half-official and dozen of non-official nudist beaches. Most of them are eagerly watched by self-defense units which are ready for physical arguments for gawkers, and sometimes they count gawker anybody unknown in the company. I am not sure this is good, but simply it is. To differ from Israel law what I read once, here is free to drive own car as barefooted as shirtless. Habits are equal as southern Lithuania, as Latvia in center, as norther Eestonia. Yet school teacher may loose a job if openly say he is nudist.

Bathhouses all pre-Soviet culture have the same - seperated gender, only nake. Nowadays here is strong trend to come more and more the "family bathes" and nudist bathes. Riga being a one million city has about 6 places +/- some, for nudist may go bath wintertime.

I have an inaccurate knowledge that all Latvia with 1,6 million inhabitants have between 1000 - 2000 dedicated naturists, about. That is around 0,1%(+/-0,05%) of population. Could You someone specify the American value of this criteria??

Rahul7009
Forum Member

Posted - 11/01/2003 :  12:24:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Rahul7009 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Now its turn for India.

Though it is believed that India is a non-nudist's place but ironically in many remote areas, villages...(not in cities)...some tribes/communities have women who usually remain topless. And thats quite normal. Still you can find such women in villages of Kolkota, Orissa and neighbouring states.

Down south, there used to be some communities (lower class), where women were debarred from covering their top. It has changed now.

Nudity is acceptable here when it has to do something with God/religious activity e.g. Hindus taking a holy dip in a holy river..

~~[({<RAHUL>})]~~

Edited by - Rahul7009 on 11/01/2003 12:27:59 AM

bluangel666

Posted - 11/30/2003 :  3:41:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like know if Karelia is a good place for naturism.

is Nudism a custom of local people or not?
thanks a lot

bluangel666

Posted - 11/30/2003 :  3:53:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nex summer I ll go to russia in repubblic of Karelia, is it a good pplace for naturism?
is nudism a normal usage for local people?
is there any place or lake where usually go the nudists?
thanks

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 11/30/2003 :  4:24:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
In British Columbia we have several sanctioned nude beaches, the best of which is Wreck beach. Wreck beach is clothing optional, but the majority of the the beach goers are nude.

Kim =^.^=

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 12/01/2003 :  01:01:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Then, there's California. I know we are talking about other countries but you'd think that a place like CA. would be more open minded to the naturist lifestyle.

Where every movie has nudity in it. Where most young women wear as little as possible and what they wear isn't covering much. Were there are more liberals then any other politically affiliated group in the country. We are really pretty uptight and behind other parts of the country when it comes to nudity.

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 12/01/2003 :  09:17:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
FireProf,

Is there really a great difference in attitudes about nudity throughout the different states?

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 12/01/2003 :  11:02:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sure, I'll give you one right off the top....California and Florida. More recognized, less law enforcement traveled nude beaches in Florida. More nude resorts and clubs. We have a club out here that invites nudists, advertises nudism on their web site but then when you inquire as to where you can be nude on the grounds, their reply is only in the designated area which is off in a corner of the resorts somewhere. The resort recognizes the business potential of nudism but will not commit 100% even though nudist out number the topless and clothed visitors.

So, yes, all 50 states are as different as are the countries in respect to attitudes and customs towards nudism.

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 12/02/2003 :  08:07:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
FireProf,

So there's more beaches and clubs in Florida than California? Is that because Florida has a warmer climate and more coastline?

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 12/02/2003 :  12:21:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both coast have an adequate amount of beach. Some more accessible than others. I think the west coast, California, actually has warmer weather year round than Florida...I could be wrong. There are more resorts, clubs and opportunities to be nude in Florida. There are opportunities for daily nude cruises, short and long cruises also. We don't have a single nude cruise boat here in So. Cal and have yet to find one on the net. Heck ... if we want to fly nude to Mexico...we gotta fly from LA to Florida and get on the Nude Flight to Cancun.

I think it's the attitude toward nudity or nudism that is different. We like to think that we west coasters are more open minded and accepting of each other, but we don't always follow those philosophies all the way through.

Maybe, the east coast has a more european attitude towards nudity than the west coast. The east coast has so many places to go to off the coast to be nude, the Caribbean, Jamaica, Bahamas, etc. We on the other hand have Hawaii. Beautiful and very inviting to a nudist, but nudism is having a difficult time holding their own on the islands. A very strong religious element is fighting naturism constantly on the Hawaiian Islands.

Heck, New York has several beaches to go to and be nude. Some of them recognized as nude beaches. We have....let's see.....zero in Los Angeles area. The closest nude beaches are over two hours away from the city of LA. Which is still better than some people have it.

Edited by - FireProf on 12/02/2003 12:26:56 PM

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 12/02/2003 :  6:11:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New Jersey had two c/o beaches. Now there is only one. Great beach.

irishred

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 12/02/2003 :  10:08:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FireProf

Both coast have an adequate amount of beach. Some more accessible than others. I think the west coast, California, actually has warmer weather year round than Florida...I could be wrong. There are more resorts, clubs and opportunities to be nude in Florida. There are opportunities for daily nude cruises, short and long cruises also. We don't have a single nude cruise boat here in So. Cal and have yet to find one on the net. Heck ... if we want to fly nude to Mexico...we gotta fly from LA to Florida and get on the Nude Flight to Cancun.

I don't know about overall climate of Southern CA vs Florida. I do know (from personal experiance) that the water is much colder on the West coast than east. This is due to the ocean currents. California is on the downstream side of the artic so the water is fairly cold even in the summer. Florida is, however on the downstream side of the tropics on one side and the other side (West) is actually warmer still.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 12/02/2003 :  11:45:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This weather thing has got my interest, I will research it and post a reply regarding the difference in climates between Calif. and Florida.

Page: of 5 Topic Next Topic: Is Nudism Going The Way of Organized Religion?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.17 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved