Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 204 ]  [ Total: 204 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Apollo Beach, FL
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!
Page: of 39

DaytonaBoy

Posted - 06/29/2011 :  09:12:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tuesday was a great day at the beach. I have not seen the sand that packed down before. Almost like walking on cement. It was low tide for a change, and there was tons of beach. Looking forward to getting back soon

skivtbd
Forum Member

Posted - 06/29/2011 :  2:20:29 PM  Show Profile  Send skivtbd an AOL message  Send skivtbd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree Daytonaboy, I was there today (Wed) and the beach was like the driving beach up in Daytona. Large sandbar out about 50 and had to walk out a mile just to be waist deep. Was a small group at 9am but by 10 the sun was out in full...At 11pm it was like a bus had just dropped off 10 couples and a few single girls. By noon the sky had open up and we all scrambled off the beach soaking wet but refreshing rain. Well short day... but met Charlie and Wayne. Nice guys. Saw 4 new couples for me and who were the 4 babes on a nude beach in bikinis Just there for the show I guess...lol

Joe skivtbd@y

Edited by - skivtbd on 06/29/2011 2:22:58 PM

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 06/29/2011 :  9:15:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Joe,

Are you talking about Wayne and Annie from NC? We missed seeing them when we were down there.

Diger

dobber316

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  07:29:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is the deal with the space shuttle and lot 5? Me and the wife were gonna come out this weekend on Sat. however i heard that because of the shuttle 5 will be closed.

DaytonaBoy

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  10:00:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lot 5 is closed because of "NASA camera security installation measures" (from their press release). It was actually supposed to be closed on July 1st but they wisely kept it open over the holiday weekend. Sunday and Monday were awesome at the beach, though the park did close pretty early on both days (by 9 or 10, I think). Even when lot 5 is closed, lot 4 is generally used in its place. That stretch of beach is actually much longer, about 2 miles long. Look at the bright side: Playalinda Beach is totally closed. After this launch, you won't have to deal with it anymore though. Kind of a bummer if you ask me.

PS: if the launch is delayed, they will keep lot 5 closed until the launch happens. Just so you know.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  3:16:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
When lot 5 is closed lot 4 is always used as the nude section. Lot 4 has a very nice beach but the parking is even worse. The only advantage is lot 3 is not a bad walk, we have walked it on the beach before.

Diger

tanmehide
Forum Member

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  11:17:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday was the first time I've been there during the lead-up to a shuttle launch and I found the lot 4 area quite nice, except for the actual parking lot. But I was later than usual, about 11, and some people were leaving already so a couple of spaces opened up about the time I arrived.

On the way over from Orlando, it looked like it might rain, but the seabreeze kept the threat inshore and it was another great day for sunning. It was even about 6 degrees cooler than home. There seemed to be more couples there than I usually see so early in the week, I suspect some refugees from Playalinda.

Hope to get back in a couple of weeks if my work load permits.

skivtbd
Forum Member

Posted - 07/07/2011 :  12:38:08 PM  Show Profile  Send skivtbd an AOL message  Send skivtbd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The last 2-3 times I have been there there have been more and more couples of all ages... and some head far down the beach.

Shuttle is still on for Friday but weather's not looking good. Maybe very crowded this weekend. We may need a 'Nude Shuttle" from lot #3

Joe skivtbd@y

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 07/10/2011 :  11:22:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skivtbd

The last 2-3 times I have been there there have been more and more couples of all ages... and some head far down the beach.
Joe skivtbd@y

We've been going to Apollo for around 6 years now, and at 1st I'd have estimated that couples made up 25% or less of the crowd. I'd venture a guess that it's now around 50%.

Dream big, but don't get caught nappin' - Webb Wilder

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 07/10/2011 :  3:35:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree JD, the week we all were there I believe the couples out numbered the singles. Did you also notice that a much higher percent of the singles were female.

Diger

skivtbd
Forum Member

Posted - 07/10/2011 :  5:07:37 PM  Show Profile  Send skivtbd an AOL message  Send skivtbd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Recently there were 4 single young ladies who plopped them self dead center halfway down the beach but were wearing their bikinis... Though Charlie and another young man made sure the girls got an eye full. A few other gentlemen also passed to see what all the interest was but then the rains came.

I will return on Thursday AM... going to be a hot day I think.

Joe skivtbd@y

Carmen34
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  5:16:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Carmen34 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Years ago we got to see a shuttle launch from the beach there, it was a once in a lifetime experience!

I may be heading back from Peru for a bit, so we will definitely be hitting the place. It's frickin' freezing here!

"Anything that can be done, can be done better while nude."

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 07/21/2011 :  5:12:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Drowning at Apollo Beach.

We are in Daytona this week and went back to Apollo yesterday.

We had a great day but found out some disturbing news from the locals.

Seems there was a drowning at Apollo the tuesday before we were there.

Here is the local news report:

http://www.wesh.com/news/28523806/detail.html

Just read a see how everyone came together to help.

Diger

DaytonaBoy

Posted - 07/21/2011 :  6:39:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is some more info about the drowning. Heart attack is being listed as the cause of death. We send our prayers and sympathy out to his family.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/news/local/southeast-volusia/2011/07/14/autopsy-heart-attack-led-to-ohio-mans-drowning-at-canaveral-seashore.html

skivtbd
Forum Member

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  11:00:13 AM  Show Profile  Send skivtbd an AOL message  Send skivtbd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well on Saturday my lovely sweet wife asked "when are we going back to that nude beach". My answer was simple. I go out tonight and buy picnic fix'ns and we can go do sunrise on Sunday. Well we over slept but pulled in at 7:35 and I think I got the last parking spot. Dam we do need to do something about the parking. How about a nude 5k walk/run on the main road as a fundraiser.

Was a great weather day with a nice sea breeze and more people than I have ever seen on the beach. My wife even chatted with a nice girl while I went off for my 2 mile walk. I normally leave at 1pm but the wife had other plans so we stayed till 3:30. A few Cars in the lot waiting for a space. Gave mine up to a construction co owner. Got his business card. Never know when you need a good carpenter who just happens to be a nudist. Support you friendly naked people. please send buiness cards to my eMale below... LMNAO

Thanks Dear for a great day and to the nice girl who chatted with her. Come down and sit with us anytime.

Joe skivtbd@y

Page: of 39 Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 2.32 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved