Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 209 ]  [ Total: 209 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Apollo Beach, FL
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!
Page: of 39

jbutah

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  2:48:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are thinking of going during the week in the next week or two. What is the crowd like Tuesday through Thursday? We can't wait to get back, its been almost a year I think.

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  5:50:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Other than the fact that weekdays generally have fewer people on the beach than weekends, it's tough to say. We typically go to NSB for a 10 day stay and have seen weekdays when you could show up at 9:00-ish and still get a parking place. We've also seen days when there's no difference than on weekends, esp. if there are a lot of vacationing surf fishermen who are typically on the beach at first light.

centralflcouple

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  8:42:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all. I have been reading this forum topic a lot for information on CNS, and unfortunately my first post to this site is a request for help / information.

My wife and I have visited both Apollo and Playalinda several times over the last few months. We drove over and spent the weekend and went to Apollo yesterday, and decided to head to Playalinda today before heading home. We arrived at the beach quite late .. around 3pm .. but this allowed us to get a spot at lot 13. However, it was apparently high tide. We loaded up and headed out from ramp 13B and probably 1/2 way from the ramp to the back-country area, a couple waves came up and flipped over our wagon full of stuff. We thought we picked everything up in the scramble, but apparently we didn't get one of our cameras as we can't find it anywhere now.

I haven't been able to contact CNS yet as it's after hours, so my wife said I should post a question here since it seems to have quite a few regular visitors to the beaches to see if any of you can tell us if there is a type of lost and found there, or if by some miracle one of the regulars found it, if they could let me know, we'd really appreciate it. I know it's a one in a million chance, but we had to try. The camera is replaceable, but the photos are not.

Thanks. :)

skivtbd
Forum Member

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  1:16:25 PM  Show Profile  Send skivtbd an AOL message  Send skivtbd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have become a regular on Thursdays also have been Tues&Weds and find spots as late as 9:45/10AM. Try to get out of Daytona by 8AM to get a spot. Last Sunday was a different story. arrived at 7:30 and got the last spot. Will be there again but alone this Thursday so save me a spot. To all the handicap nudists out there there is always a spot.

The guard gate passed out a printed paper explaining the Parks view on nudity and the possibility of encountering nudist at the end of the beach. I will find the paper and post it. Beach goers were discussing it and wished they would put the Encounter Nude Bather sign back up. I read an article requesting everyone bring a printed NUDE BEACH SIGN and post at the parking lot and crossover ramp.... I have not seen a ranger on the beach since the drowning. I thing Warren from NSB has scared them away. He found the body. Heart attack victim.

Hope the camera is found and returned.

Joe skivtbd@y

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  8:47:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Joe I would really like to see that handout, Thanks for sharing it.

Good Luck with the camera.

Diger

tanmehide
Forum Member

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  9:46:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joe, hope you will be able to post that handout. My wife and I were there Sunday, too, but too late for a spot at lot 5 and I guess the handouts were gone, too.

skivtbd
Forum Member

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  3:07:55 PM  Show Profile  Send skivtbd an AOL message  Send skivtbd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Today at the guard gate I asked about the flyer I spoke of earlier and received another copy. Small crowd on beach. I guess the weather forecast kept some regulars away. Was a great warm sunny morning.

The Flyer, Unedited:......

Although Canaveral National Seashore is not a clothing-optional beach, you may encounter nude sunbathers on occasion. There is not Federal regulation prohibiting nudity. According to National Park Service (NPS) policy (Special Directive 91-3) "the NPS neither encourages persons to engage in such activities, nor will we designate area for such use"

If conflict or enforcement action is necessary, the Regulation for disorderly conduct (36CFR,2.34) will apply. If you'd like clarification or wish to comment please call 321-267-1110 or eMail CANA_Superintendent@nps.gov.

Ok, Now read carefully and then lets have some good discussion on the "policy". Maybe this should of been posted in a new tread. I don't feel as uncomfortable with the flyer as some other on the beach that day did. Don't think it totally protects us but I could read into it that I can "On occasion" be found nude at any parking lot in Canaveral.... Shall we start migrating up to the left towards lot #4? Nah!

jPat

daytonabeachside@y

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  6:18:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to believe the "on occasion" is meant to downplay the overall probability of one encountering nude sunbathers. I mean...if you and your family are using Apollo's beach off of Lots 1,2 and 3 you'll be very unlikely to encounter nudity. The probability rises somewhat if you're using Lot 4's beach on a crowded day, and of course it's inevitable on Lot 5's beach.

On the other hand the notice clearly provides a published remedy for anyone who wishes to take offense at nudity. Given enough offended people, things could get a bit edgy for us. The message to us is clear.....if we're anywhere other than on "our section" of Lot 5's beach we need to be respectful of the preferences of others. If we're on Lot 4's beach we need to go to the far end and cover up when we see textiles approaching. Personally I haven't seen any "transgressions" but I get nervous for all of us whenever someone talks about walking nude from the parking lot or strolling nude thru textiles on #4's beach.

tanmehide
Forum Member

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  7:31:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd call this encouraging, especially after reading the disorderly conduct reg. There is probably wisdom in keeping to lot 5 as much as possible, but it doesn't appear necessary. I had wondered whether taking down the sign was just to give us enough rope, but, maybe not.

The only thing in the reg that would give anyone a place to hang their hat is the phrase " or engages in a display or act that is obscene", something which courts have repeatedly ruled does not include mere nudity.

Edited by - tanmehide on 08/11/2011 9:40:51 PM

skivtbd
Forum Member

Posted - 08/26/2011 :  12:30:20 AM  Show Profile  Send skivtbd an AOL message  Send skivtbd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Most of the Thursday crowd chickened out today as there were only 12-15 people on the beach. Waves were totally awesome but the peeping textiles just got a view of waves. Cameras up !

Hoping Irene takes a big right turn and spares the rest of the east coast. Be safe up there, be smart, get naked and run in the rain. but !!

"Watch out for that tree"

jPat

daytonabeachside@y

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 08/27/2011 :  10:01:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have walk between lot 4 and 5 a few time and will wearing a bathing suit when i do but i really think they should extend the clothing option between the two, one time i walked it the only person i encounted was a lady and she was one of the volunteers at the info/gift shop and she was only about 100 feet north of 5 so she apparently had no problems with nudism because she passed what lot 3 and 4 to enjoy the sand if you really look 3 and 4 are hardly used. maybe make it everything south of lot 4.

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/28/2011 :  08:05:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is the kind of behaviour I was leery of in my 8/11 post. Just because a textile doesn't challenge you on the spot doesn't mean he or she won't make a formal complaint. Now that the park service has now published a formalized method of doing so, a series of complaints would definitely be used against us if the park service decides to change its thoughts on nudity and possibly eliminate the beach we already have. Sure, its great to stroll nude down a vast expanse of beach...but we can do that south of beach 5. If we're elsewhere we need to cover up if we're anywhere near textiles. To do otherwise isn't nudity, it's exhibitionism. We'd all like to see everything south of 4 as nude, but I'd guess that the park service would expand lot 5's parking before that happens....and we all know what the odds are of that happening.

skivtbd
Forum Member

Posted - 08/28/2011 :  12:18:14 PM  Show Profile  Send skivtbd an AOL message  Send skivtbd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Park Rates to change. I spoke to the ranger about a season pass and he told me to wait till Sept 1 and it would be like getting a 13th month for free. 1 Sept 2011 to 30 Sept 2012

Also he said they were going to restructure the pass to be for a carload not just up to 4 and good for all entrances to the beaches and camping areas. A pass card hanger will be issued to display your pass in your car/truck.

The daily pass will go from $3 to $5 but he didn't know if the season pass would go up from $35. He thought this would happen in Oct.

jPat

daytonabeachside@y

badbugs
Forum Member

Posted - 08/28/2011 :  3:12:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We all need to recognize the balance between the textiles and nudists on Apollo beach, it all leans in the textile direction. We as nudists have a great spot on that beach, in fact not many like it in the USA. It would be a damn shame if we lost our beach due to the actions of a few. Follow the unwritten rules because "you won't know what you lost till it's gone".

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 08/28/2011 :  5:58:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by badbugs

We all need to recognize the balance between the textiles and nudists on Apollo beach, it all leans in the textile direction. We as nudists have a great spot on that beach, in fact not many like it in the USA. It would be a damn shame if we lost our beach due to the actions of a few. Follow the unwritten rules because "you won't know what you lost till it's gone".

Spot on.It wouldbe a shame for all of us to be punished for the actions of a few. Hope to see you & the Mrs. in early October.

Dream big, but don't get caught nappin' - Webb Wilder

Page: of 39 Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.36 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved