Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 132 ]  [ Total: 132 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Men - From the Male Point of View
 Unwanted Erection
 Nudist Problem - Unwanted Erection
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Frequent Uncontrolable Erections Medical Condition Topic Next Topic: So I was thinking about becomming a nudist
Page: of 16

asmodee
Forum Member

Posted - 02/23/2007 :  6:00:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Old Buzzard,

I do not consider myself to be a, 'poor male' who is at a disadvantage. Rather, I like to think of myself as a man who is respectful of the feelings of others and would like to be a contributor to their feelings of wellbeing and security rather than a detriment. If you read the posts, the argument is overwhelmingly lopsided with almost all other posters disagreeing with you. I would say that is resolution.

First of all, I would like to clarify one of your statements in relation to previous statements made. Your statement, "if women think that a erection is for only sex no wonder they are put off about it" suggests that you misunderstand previous posts. When we (by we, I mean I) say, "the only purpose for an erect penis is sex", that does not mean a man with an erection is looking for sex. That means that, other than sex, an erection has no purpose in nature. That is precisely why women, and men, for that matter, associate an erection with sex; because that is exactly what the natural purpose of an erection is, whether it is the current intention of the owner or not.

Contrary to your statement that a male can't control his penis, I am a male and I can control mine just fine. As photonpro mentioned, I did have problems with control as a youngster, but since junior high this has not been a problem for me, nor do I routinely see people walking down the street, 'pitching a tent', so to speak. Even when I was in junior high and fully clothed, I did everything in my power to hide any unwanted erections from others. It is not acceptable in public to walk around with an erection, even in the textile world. Why would it suddenly become acceptable because everyone is nude? The only reason people even fear it becoming a problem the first time they visit a nudist facility is because they still associate nudity with sex. Once that association is broken, from what I am reading on this forum, unwanted erections are simply not an issue for most people. Are you really telling me that as you walk down the street or perform whatever duties are assigned to you at your place of employ, you routinely get an unwanted, uncontrollable erection and make no attempt to hide it? I highly doubt that is the case.

Regardless how your wife feels about a person looking her over and getting an erection with the thoughts of what he would like to do to her, the thought is very uncomfortable for most women. Most women see a random stranger thinking sexual thoughts about her to be a violation rather than a compliment.

photonpro,

You will note that I have, on several occasions, made exceptions for younger males, including myself as a youngster. I have only my own experience and what I see on this board to draw from, but do not see this as being a problem amongst normal adults. As an adult, I have never gotten an erection, to my recollection, that was either not sexually motivated or not in my control to dispense with when I re-focussed my mind from whatever I was daydreaming about at the time to reality. If there are any nudists here who have had this problem as an adult or know it to be a problem among adult, they have not yet corrected me. Besides that, the nature the discussion has taken is really about whether or not you should cover yourself, should it occur. Your assertion appears to be to cover yourself, which puts you right in line with the general consensus.

Please know that I have never thought that anyone getting an erection was a pervert. I tend to think of, thus mention, the worst case scenario. I believe that a perfectly normal, likable man could get an unwanted erection in a nudist situation if he were to let his mind wander, as I do occasionally even fully clothed. I believe that a perfectly normal, likable man with no ill intent would be embarrassed about this and would want to cover it as well as to get it under control as quickly as possible. I do not believe a perfectly normal, likable man

nick-amg

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  12:28:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello there,

I myself am a regualar nudist as well as my wife. I recently suggested that we should go with our 5 and 12 year old boys, but we are worried about our 12 year old getting an erection in fron of the other 12 year old girls on the beach. What should we do? Please help. Thaks!

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  2:02:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick-amg

hello there,

I myself am a regualar nudist as well as my wife. I recently suggested that we should go with our 5 and 12 year old boys, but we are worried about our 12 year old getting an erection in fron of the other 12 year old girls on the beach. What should we do? Please help. Thaks!

You might explain to your 12 yr. old proper nudist etiquette. It depends on how tall he is. If he's a short younger-looking youngster, there would probably be no problem. However, if he's the average height for his age, he definitely should have basic nudist etiquette explained. It would probably be more embarassing for your son than the girls.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

n/a
deleted

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  10:42:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What with women expounding on male sexuality and men divining what women do or do not want to see, perhaps some might be interested in a more scientific treatment of this subject that is available on the web, merely for clicking:

http://www.sciencemusings.com/2006/07/mind-of-its-own.html

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  11:18:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It reads that the brain does control the penis.
Cheri

-
-

OLD BUZZARD
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  12:57:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
asmodee i am suprised to get the responce from you. i simply was trying to show that the playing field wasnt flat. a woman can be aroused and not show it but a man when is aroused it shows. now i have never been to a nudist org so cant really see the problem first hand. if i were to go and have the socalled ocasional erection i would be extreemley embarrasst and sertanally would not flont it or want to call attension to it.i am66 years old and only saying that god made man the way he is and should be acepted at face value. sounds like nudism is still in the dark ages and certanally not on a even playing field.i apologise to all if ruffled your feathers...old buzzard

bk-yd-nude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  7:48:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I've looked over the last few pages of this post, and while it got lively for awhile, I think we can (hopefully) pretty officially agree that every thinks an erection, while natural, should be covered quickly and discretely so as not to embarrass the owner or offend anyone else. :)

bk-yd-nude

marpie
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  9:28:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

It reads that the brain does control the penis.
Cheri

Well Cheri, your husband must be a great man, cause you still convince everybody that an erection is under man's control, presumably based on his behaviour.
However in the article is the other way round. Read the quotes:
"But there is also something called an "erection generating center" (...) that can get things going all by itself (...)."
"erection requires scarcely less wiring and control than getting a jumbo jet off the ground"
"the penis may not think for itself, but "[it] keeps the brain and spinal cord well apprised of its feelings." Which is perhaps enough independence to warrant a pet name."
"The default state for a healthy young penis is erect."
I wonder where did you read in the article that an erection is under brain comntrol? I cannot.

asmodee
Forum Member

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  11:46:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Old Buzzard (like the nickname),
You didn't ruffle any feathers, really. I was simply assuming that if you posted an opposing argument that you probably wanted it answered, which is what I was doing. I was kind of assuming you wanted a debate, so, I picked apart, what seemed to me, to be your argument. Nothing more, nothing personal, don't think you're a freak or a pervert, no need to defend yourself.

bk-yd-nude,
Well said.

marpie,
I have to be extremely aroused to not be in complete control of my penis. I am 35; not exactly young, but not that old, either. You are taking this article, and your quotes, way out of context. You will note in that article that an erection is continually referred to as "the male sexual response". The word "sexual" means that an erection is a "sexual" thing.

While the "erection generating center" may be able to "get things going all by itself", that does not mean a full erection any more than a stage hand "getting things going" by setting up for the opening act means an entire play will ensue. In fact, the paragraph just above that states clearly in its first sentence, "But, of course, the penis doesn't have a mind of its own, as Dr. Goldstein and his colleagues at the Boston University School of Medicine make clear."

The "default state" of a healthy, young penis being erect is misleading when taken out of context. That does not mean that it is unnatural to be able to control yourself. That simply means that the 'valves' that control everything are 'open' by default with no signal from the brain, allowing an erection. However, an almost constant signal is coming from the brain to hold those valves closed. If an erection were truly the 'default state' as you seem to be interpreting it then prolonged erection (priapism) would not cause damage to the penis, damaging its ability to even become erect.

I'm not sure the point of your other two quotes. Yes, an erection requires a lot of wiring from brain to penis. Just imagine the electrical storm of signals that surge through your body when you scratch your head without even a thought. It's no different in any part of the body. Which brings us to the last of your quotes, which says nothing more than that there is a lot of wiring between brain and penis. There are a lot of nerves down there. Of course it would send a lot of 'data'.

It was such an important point that it's worth pointing out again, the writers of this document clearly state that the penis DOES NOT have a mind of its own and it IS controlled by the brain.

nick-amg,
Don't worry about it. That's one of the many uses of the towel nudists tend to carry with them everywhere.

CMx2
Forum Member

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  2:56:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OLD BUZZARD

asmodee i am suprised to get the responce from you. i simply was trying to show that the playing field wasnt flat. a woman can be aroused and not show it but a man when is aroused it shows. now i have never been to a nudist org so cant really see the problem first hand. if i were to go and have the socalled ocasional erection i would be extreemley embarrasst and sertanally would not flont it or want to call attension to it.i am66 years old and only saying that god made man the way he is and should be acepted at face value. sounds like nudism is still in the dark ages and certanally not on a even playing field.i apologise to all if ruffled your feathers...old buzzard

Oh my gosh... its that stupid "its not fair because girls can get arroused and we can't tell" arguement again. Oh brother...

Alexis

Posted - 03/20/2007 :  02:42:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone. As I'm new to public nudism, and being a young male, I'm concerned about this topic as well. I guess I'm worried about unwanted erections in public situations (I've never been nude in public). Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated, especially from anyone my age (teens and early twenties). Do women tend to make such a big deal about this?
Thanks

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 03/20/2007 :  09:15:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
TO Alexis
This whole tread is quite long. If you havn't been through it, start whith page 9. I think you'll get the idea.

Bob

asmodee
Forum Member

Posted - 03/20/2007 :  2:55:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Though the argument has gotten heated and off topic much of the time, the general consensus is that it may happen, especially in younger men. If it does, cover yourself and everyone will be happy. Basically, take nudity out of the picture. Nude or not, if you get an erection in public, it is polite and normal to make every attempt to hide your erection. Nudists are a little more understanding in that they understand that it is more difficult to hide, but expect no less respect than that expected by the general clothed public. That's the condensed version. Just add water and heat.

RECKLESS

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  03:01:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't belive all of these different views, I myself have the same problem, that my penis can get errect for no reason at all. I thought that you all being naturalists would maybe understand this and accept it. After all an errect penis id no different from a lady having hard nipples. To be a naturalist is to be free (BUT NOT IF YOUR A MAN)and thats not fair. This world would be better if everyone could accept other people. This whole topic isnt very nice for people who would like to go to a nudist beach for the first time. Im very sorry if im just going on, I only want people to understand. I'd also like some advice, maybe from people like myself. Thank you

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  7:53:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RECKLESS

I can't belive all of these different views, I myself have the same problem, that my penis can get errect for no reason at all. I thought that you all being naturalists would maybe understand this and accept it. After all an errect penis id no different from a lady having hard nipples. To be a naturalist is to be free (BUT NOT IF YOUR A MAN)and thats not fair. This world would be better if everyone could accept other people. This whole topic isnt very nice for people who would like to go to a nudist beach for the first time. Im very sorry if im just going on, I only want people to understand. I'd also like some advice, maybe from people like myself. Thank you

A naturalist is one who studies plants and animals. A naturist is one who prefers to be without clothes. I believe you mean naturist in your post. :)

The female nipple as stated a bunch of pages ago, is not a sexual organ.

Additionally, the anxiety alone for trying anything the first time generally will prevent an erection, also stated a bunch of pages earlier.
Cheri

-
-

Page: of 16 Previous Topic: Frequent Uncontrolable Erections Medical Condition Topic Next Topic: So I was thinking about becomming a nudist  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.34 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved