Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 198 ]  [ Total: 198 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Men - From the Male Point of View
 Unwanted Erection
 Nudist Problem - Unwanted Erection
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Frequent Uncontrolable Erections Medical Condition Topic Next Topic: So I was thinking about becomming a nudist
Page: of 16

RECKLESS

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  02:22:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont think it would stop an erection for me. As i stated i can get them for no reason at all. It has come to the point that i was thinking of talking to some one about it. But i dont know who a guy would talk to? also sorry about some of my spelling (its not a strong point)

michael36

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  06:17:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, im new to nudism in a way, and new to this or any forum, i logged in as a guest, and the first thing i started reading was this post, as I to get an erection at inappropiate times. I fully believe i can control it with more experience. After reading the thoughts in this post, im shocked, and sadened by what i thought was a natural occourance. When i started reading i felt i might recieve advice, mostly i found opinions, and critasism, which after some thought advise me to stay away from these types of chat. I will read a few more posts that sound interesting, but not looking forward to wadeing through the countless posts of crap.

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  12:44:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by michael36

... I fully believe i can control it with more experience. ...
There is no need to control it. Nudists carry a towel to sit on. Just hold that in front of you or sit down. That tells everybody your erection truly is unintentional, and that you are not trying to sexualize the situation or force your sexuality on others. It's the polite thing to do, like covering your nose when you sneeze.

You will also find it much easier to control when nude than when clothed. Being nude puts you more in touch with your body, and that increases your control over your body. Also, you will stop seeing other people as fantasy sex objects and more as real people, and that will increase your control.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  01:33:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StuffedTiger

quote:
Originally posted by michael36

... I fully believe i can control it with more experience. ...
There is no need to control it. ... Also, you will stop seeing other people as fantasy sex objects and more as real people, and that will increase your control.

You had it right the first time. It is not about control, not that it is possible for a man to "control" an erection. If it were, Pfizer, Lilly and the other pharmaceutical companies would have no market for their pills.

The fact is that you will come to appreciate others as complete beings rather than just quick turn-ons, and that is a pretty neat conversion to make. That's the ticket!

JustSomeGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/24/2007 :  2:56:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, first time posting here. I, along with a number of other males, have concerns about becoming erect that has absolutely, positively no connection with sex. I'm 37 years old, and am not a "pervert" or a "deviant", exhibitionist, or have any sort of aberrant behavior. I enjoy being naked, and when it's warm enough I go sans clothing around my house and on my back patio (it's elevated and has some privacy screening around the railing.) My girlfriend and I live together, so it's not like I'm nude without anyone else around. I did have erections being outside on the deck while getting some sun, whether my girlfriend joined me outside or not. I tried to prevent it, but it just happens. Recently, a friend of ours who is female moved in for a bit while she gets her life together. While I don't mind being charitable, I couldn't help but feel disappointed with someones presence that would prevent me from enjoying being clothing-free. My girlfriend talked to our guest about it, and she stated that she has no problems with nudity and that it was perfectly acceptable if I wanted to be naked. I was happy about this since it's late in the year and there's precious few days left up here in the north where it will be warm enough to be naked. Also, keep in mind that this is someone we have known for 5+ years, not just a person I've never met (not sure if that last sentence really makes any difference or not.)

So, I've taken to being naked around the house. The problem is that, like the OP said, he sometimes has unwanted erections. This happens particularly when our guest is in view. I do NOT find her sexually attractive at all. That is the *furthest* thing from my mind. I cannot emphasize that enough. However, I feel self-conscious being so exposed, and then the reaction is an erection. Has NOTHING to do with sex. Now, it's not a full-blown rock hard erection, it kinda just gets a little swollen. This has been happening for the past couple of weeks, and it doesn't show any signs of slowing down. Just to show it's not sex-related, even after my girlfriend and I have intercourse, 10 minutes later if I'm naked in front of our guest I can feel myself getting a slight erection.

I was concerned about it, which lead me to find this forum. However, after reading the posts in this thread, my concern has turned into indignation with a small amount of disgust. Why? Because of the way I now feel about my body behaving the way it does, without my having much control over it. There's no way in the world I would even contemplate going to a nude beach or resort now, from the reaction and intolerance some of the people posting here have shown. Here's some of the adjectives I've seen that are used to describe a male with an erection:

-Immature
-Deviant
-Sick
-Pervert
-Offensive

Even worse, some of the analogies, such as an erection is like:

-Sneezing in someones face
-Sick behavior
-Taking a dump in public

Comparing an erection to a bowel movement? Good lord, and you people say your "naturists"? Last time I checked, an erection was a naturally occurring phenomenon. Yet some of the people here would vilify others for having an event which is 100% "natural." It's amusing how people want to preach body acceptance and being natural, yet stigmatize one particular aspect of the body: the vertical orientation of a penis. If it's down, it's moral and good and doesn't offend. If it's pointing skyward then all hell breaks loose, women blush, men want to punch one another, etc. (Ok that last part was a little bit of an exaggeration, but I was reminded of the guy who threatened to physically assault someone for having an erection in front of his daughter.)

As the first part of my post indicated, I am in no way sexually attracted to or even remotely thinking about sex when I become slightly erect in the presence of our guest. Despite the best efforts of some of you to pigeonhole men with erections as always thinking of sex, you fail in your atte

n/a
deleted

Posted - 08/24/2007 :  3:27:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm afraid that you are wasting your breath here.

It's no wonder to me why the naturist movement doesn't see the acceptance for which it longs, when they promulgate a philosophy that is clearly at odds with the personal experience of most males. And it's self-contradictory, as you pointed out.

beachalive
Forum Member

Posted - 08/24/2007 :  6:39:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri, I agree with what you have said re: erections. But I have seen many males at Wreck Beach, from youths to older men, with either full or partial erections, including one man who was asleep. I haven't seen a rush to grab towels, roll over on the stomach, or cross the legs (or any of the other actions comedians talk about). Mostly, people just ignore it. I'm not talking about someone with an erection attempting to draw attention to it. But for example, I saw a couple walking along the shore holding hands. The man had an erection and nobody seemed to care much. I've seen volleyball games there, where one or two of the men had erections. The game didn't stop, far from it. Perhaps the best thing is to just ignore it.

I must agree with reckless, in that a man can get an erection for no reason. I have been a nudist for 30+ years, and don't get erections at our nude beach. But one of things I enjoy is nude hiking, generally on my own. Not often but occasionally when I'm hiking, I will get an erection for no reason, just after undressing. Could just be the pleasant feelings of the sunshine or breeze on the body, etc. But it does happen, quite by itself. I know its easy to ignore it when you're on your own, and of course that's what I do. It has also happened on one occasion when I was nude hiking with two other friends.... and to two of the three of us. So what were we to do. Hang towels from them. We just carried on hiking and ignored it. Not a problem. Sometimes things are only a problem if we make them a problem.

oxybelis
Forum Member

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  7:18:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am new to the site and have been engrossed in the topic with the No. 1 most replies, "Where Do You Stand On Male Arousal?" and apparently I just missed being able to respond before someone got fed up and locked it. I have read thru pretty thoroughly all the comments on all 58 pages, though it took me 3-6 hours per session over 3 separate sessions! There are always going to be new viewers that can contribute intelligently, I cannot understand the logic behind locking up this topic!!! I guess this Forum here is the next closest thing so I'll try and post opinions here. I think they locked down the Belisha (author for "...Male Arousal")topic because it was going around in circles with too many of the same respondents.

I asked a moderator to unlock that topic because I don't think the readers of that forum have yet heard the perspective from someone who has actually been asked to leave campgrounds (more than one). Though I haven't finished reading all of the pages in this Forum ("...unwanted...").I think my perspective and experiences may be a little unique and will stir some new questions/opinions. In fact, I am currently in the process of challenging a similar establishment (not a campground) because I just fired off an e-mail to a CEO this week regarding my rights on this issue, and the results, though it may be in the future, could have historic implications for change when it comes to all males who patronize health clubs, resorts or campgrounds where nudity is permitted. But the readers will decide if this will be so. For those who no longer see the Belisha ("..Male Arousal") topic on your Forum list, which I observed is now not on display, go to All Forums, Website Statistic, Top 25 Replied To Topics. I am using a library computer so I have limited time and may not be able to see any comments to this right away.

[Admin's note: We have moved all the erection discussions to the new Unwanted Erection category.]

biga7

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  11:33:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't get unwanted erection at the beach now, but I did get one when it was my first time at the beach...

HappyDaz
Forum Member

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  12:00:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, after reading through the posts, this subject has clearly generated some controversy. I'm not sure I can express my feelings as eloquently as some of the other posters have done but I'll toss in my two cents. As a veteran nudist, I haven't found this to be a big problem---maybe I've been lucky. Most of the nudists I've been around are courteous and respectful of each other. We're adults and we understand that there are times that the penis 'changes sizes' (and I'll leave it at that). When I get out of the pool, I find this to be case for a short period of time. But I can tell you with no hesitation, that a man walking around with a full erection is going to make people uncomfortable, me included. In the case of an inadvertent erection, the courteous thing to do is to discretely deal with it. As Asmodee rightly pointed out, it's unacceptable to be in public amongst textiles with an erection, why would it be acceptable amongst fellow nudists?

olcobber

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  10:06:20 AM  Show Profile  Send olcobber a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hi everybody-new to all of this-pls excuse!my g/f just moved in with her 3 daughters aged (14,16,17).i met g/f at nude beach & we all accepted each other which is fine but i,m becoming semi erect around the house lately which has led to comments from the girls & g/f laughs with them.i had to leave the room cause i was getting an erection.they all followed me & seen my erection,i was so embarrassed.my g/f just laughs it off but the 3 girls pay more attention to me now,always looking! i feel very uneasy about all of this but g/f just says grow-up,when i cover-up she says if i,m going to be a little boy then take a hike!very embarrassed & confused-pls help with advice!

bakkel

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  10:42:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IMHO, it's your girlfriend who needs to be am adult and deal with the issue. She needs to tell her children that it's not polite to laugh at someone being in an uncomfortable situation. Wearing a pair of shorts when around the children might be a temporary answer. At 36 yrs. of age, you should have some control of your body.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  2:05:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri"

I agree with the shorts, a great idea until he become comfortable with the teenage girls. Also, his girlfriend better sit down have a long talk with them.

I know during the summer when we are in the company of our nudist friends either at the resort, or in our back yard, there is generally never a problem with someone with an erection.

It generally happens during the winter months when we have our monthly parties.

I don't know what causes this problem, whether we are so close to one another in the house, such as sitting on the couch, or we are enclosed in a den, etc.

When it does happen, generally the gentlemen will head to the bedroom and retrieve a pair of shorts, until the problem disappears.

We can't wait for the warm weather, it has been a cold and snowy winter and we are running out of wood for the fireplaces, and woodburning stove.

We are here only for a short time, so let' have a good time.

Cookie

n/a
deleted

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  03:13:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well!!! I've read much of the 50+ page thread, and ALL of this one! I don't mean to be attacking anyone, but I am appalled at much of what I have read here.

1. Someone decides that ALL males have the same control over erections.
2. A (very nice) lady knows how men's penis erections work - by reading something (experience helps)
3. EVERYONE seems to be right, no matter what opinion they have

...and on, and on, and on, and................

I am not new to nudism, but AM NEW to nudism around others. Being 61 years old, I still can't always control my erections - AND THE MAJORITY OF THEM ARE NOT SEXUALLY GENERATED. As some others new to nudity around others have recently stated, I now question whether I will visit group nudist gatherings. I fear I would spend more time worrying about - and therefore probably causing - erections, than enjoying the company of those around me. Sad.

Before I read this section, I was going to ask for advice. But, no thanks. Think I'll find my own way. Some of you have a double standard. (Don't mean to offend. Just the facts, ma'am.) Some who seem to be the most vocal pro-nudism, are the worst offenders. Sad.

One person said textilers don't accept erections, so why should nudists? Then, I SAY, "TEXTILERS DON'T ACCEPT NUDITY, EITHER! SO WHY SHOULD WE?" (Get my point?) I DO have erections with my clothes on, and I ignore them (except when clothing caused discomfort.. I have erections when I am nude,and I ignore them. Now you want me to be uncomfortable during an erection while nude? Sorry, I think not. (I was going to attach a photo of me "at attention", just to show you it's no big deal [no pun intended] but decided some of you wouldn't understand. Sad.

Just my opinion. Nothing personal.

Let's just be "natural" and allow others to be natural ALL THE TIME too. How about it, folks?

Hiking the Cascades "naturally"!

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  09:37:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Northwest, As previously stated by me and others, when sexuality (erections, no matter what the cause or situation) enters nudism, nudism becomes something else. Sexuality has closed nude beaches over the years. Erections are surely natural, but they can and do offend others. I am always considerate of others except when those actions are offensive to others in my presence.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Page: of 16 Previous Topic: Frequent Uncontrolable Erections Medical Condition Topic Next Topic: So I was thinking about becomming a nudist  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.37 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved