Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 139 ]  [ Total: 139 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Men - From the Male Point of View
 Unwanted Erection
 Nudist Problem - Unwanted Erection
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Frequent Uncontrolable Erections Medical Condition Topic Next Topic: So I was thinking about becomming a nudist
Page: of 16

Tender86
Forum Member

Posted - 07/16/2005 :  1:44:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The original question was some time ago but interesting because ther was a time when I too had this problem. Here was my simple solution after some frustrating times. First, simply roll over on your back, and lay there for a while. Don't think or fret about the erection. Read a book, look around at the scenery, think about a work situation, or anything else to take your mind off your swelling. If you are in the water, stay there and take your mind off the problem. Trust me, your erection is a mental control thing not a physical thing. I know you may find this difficult at first but after a very short time this problem will be gone.

No Tan Lines

Banned080105
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  10:26:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are my random thoughts.

Here is the thing. Women, not knowing much about the penis, generally assume that an erect Penis means arousal. This is not the case. A man's penis can be erect because he has to urinate. It can be erect as a result slow blood flow often found in resting males. It can go erect as result of tension. there are many other reasons. In my ten years of marriage I have found that the penis has a mind of it's own. Sometimes you can be aroused and not get an erection and sometimes it will be erect when you have no interest at all. Beaches, being restful places far away from bathrooms have two conditions that encourage erections. Furthermore a man can think of sex and not get an erection just as he can have an erection with out thinking about sex.

The problem is not erections, it's women's lack of awareness of the realities of the male body and the assumptions that go with them.

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 07/27/2005 :  08:08:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Ramadawn,

Your comments not withstanding, the bottom line is in mixed company, the male should be considerate of the females present and cover up no matter what the cause of the erection.

The point is to consider the female view.

Chic

Banned080105
Forum Member

Posted - 07/27/2005 :  1:39:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So what you are saying chic, is that the arguments of devout Muslims, that women in mixed company should wear their burka's because the sight of women offends and is dangerous to men ...."thus the [female] should be considerate of the [males] present and cover up".... are TRUE.
When will you start wearing your Burka in front of devout Muslims?

This whole covering up erection thing is merely an accepted form of wide spread sexism.

Would you tell a three year old with an erection to "cover up"? and yes three year old boys can and do get erections. (I have two sons) I can assure you they are not thinking of sex.
I can only imagine the emotional damage that such a measage causes youg boys (especially adolescents) in the nudist culture. "The human body is free and accepted, except your penis which you must guard against doing evil things that cause it to retian blood and swell.

Edited by - Banned080105 on 07/27/2005 3:04:58 PM

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 07/27/2005 :  4:50:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Ramadawn,

I respect your opinion, but I don't agree with much of your view. By the way, were not talking about three year old boys, but adult males in pubic venues.

Chic

Mic
Forum Member

Posted - 07/27/2005 :  10:31:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I was in college, we swam at nearby quarry pits in the summer. If a group of guys went, we normally swam in the nude (PE classes were sans suits) and only covered up if girls were present. One time we were all swimming in the nude when a group of girls arrived. Those of us in the water were cut off from our clothes and the girls stood on the shore thus forcing us to stay in the water. Finally I got too cold and walked out of the water and passed the girls on the way to my clothes. I made no effort to hurry since they already had seen me so what what was a little longer.

Later I was talking with one of the girls who I had dated. She commented that it took guts to walk out of the water. I laughed and said it was a necessity. She then asked what caused my slight arousal. I then told her it was because of her beauty, she believed me and thanked me for the compliments.

Mic

Banned080105
Forum Member

Posted - 07/27/2005 :  11:06:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is the thing. Erections are not fully under a man's control. Some Women are uncomfortable with erections because they assume that the man is having thoughts of sex and they do not want to be around men who are thinking about sex. This means that these women are trying to impose a form of thought control on men. This is no different then religious zealots trying to ban birth control because they don't want people thinking about sex. People have a right to freedom of thought. Erections pose no health risk to anyone and are not dangerous to children. There is no legitimate reason to socially censure a man for having an erection. Women need to learn to except the basic functions of the male body and stop attacking men for being men. Men have a right to be themselves as much as women do.

This is Blatant sexism!

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  08:20:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ramadawn

Here is the thing. Erections are not fully under a man's control. Some Women are uncomfortable with erections because they assume that the man is having thoughts of sex and they do not want to be around men who are thinking about sex. This means that these women are trying to impose a form of thought control on men. This is no different then religious zealots trying to ban birth control because they don't want people thinking about sex. People have a right to freedom of thought. Erections pose no health risk to anyone and are not dangerous to children. There is no legitimate reason to socially censure a man for having an erection. Women need to learn to except the basic functions of the male body and stop attacking men for being men. Men have a right to be themselves as much as women do.
This is Blatant sexism!

This is only one opinion, yours. Please, please, please...read the prior notes. I think everything that can be said, has been said

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Banned080105
Forum Member

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  2:21:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Firstly, I am not the only one who holds this opinion.

Secondly, your argument in terms of the rules of the debate is rather pointless. I have been making strong and concrete arguments and your best rebuttal is "only you think that what so it doesn't matter". This is known in debate circles as a fallacy of authority. You claim your cause is right because you believe you have numbers on your side. Truth is not a democracy. Something is not made more true because more people believe. Many people can believe something and still be dead wrong. Most Europeans around the time of Columbus believed that the earth was flat. This did not make it so.

Thirdly you are in away asserting the fallacy of personal attack. You hope that by asserting that this is only my opinion you can make my argument weaker. This is not the case. It does not matter who makes an argument, what matters is the content of the argument.

I challenge anyone out their to make a rebuttal to my argument based logical and concrete reasons.

Massai
Forum Member

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  3:19:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ramadawn,

Some attempt for a methodical rebutal was found here (by yours trully):
http://www.nudist-resorts.org/talk/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=489&whichpage=10

Otherwise the discussion basically degenrates into a series of "Just do it because we said it is polite and we can't be wrong" type of argument.

The other argument is about prudish politicians... which kinda makes sense, but it makes you want to explore why mainstream society is so prudish... I believe this thread explores all angles at one point or another.
http://www.nudist-resorts.org/talk/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=489&whichpage=1 http://www.nudist-resorts.org/talk/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=489&whichpage=11

Also, Ramadawn, there is no need to force your opinion (no matter how correct it may seem). The best you can do is simply present it the best you can and let the silent observers of these forums determine who has the most cohesive case.

Edited by - Massai on 07/28/2005 3:29:28 PM

Massai
Forum Member

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  3:45:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ramadawn

Here are my random thoughts.

Here is the thing. Women, not knowing much about the penis, generally assume that an erect Penis means arousal. This is not the case. A man's penis can be erect because he has to urinate. It can be erect as a result slow blood flow often found in resting males. It can go erect as result of tension. there are many other reasons. In my ten years of marriage I have found that the penis has a mind of it's own. Sometimes you can be aroused and not get an erection and sometimes it will be erect when you have no interest at all.

(ok, let me play devil's advocate here)

I am not sure if this is the right way to argue this... since we can't assume that the erectile glitches (full bladder, etc,etc) are more frequent than the sensual trigger.

The key argumant (in my mind) is still not the physiology of the erection, but the maturity and self control of the male. Can we guarranty that human males have enough maturity and self control to have an erection and still NOT act on it, can human males be trusted not to engage in spontaneous raping activities ?

The only way to prove it is to actually do a pilot project. Talk will simply not do... this issue has to be proven experimentally.

Banned080105
Forum Member

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  9:02:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
.Respect for human rights requires that men be given the benefit of the doubt. Equality means that we do not assume predatory motive to every male with an erection.

Ask yourself this. Some Muslims are going around in the world blowing people up. Does that mean that we should stereo typing every Muslim as a potential bomber and censure them.. You may ask if every Muslim in the world can be trusted to have the maturity not to take their beliefs to the extreme. The answer must be a resounding yes, because to do otherwise is to violate people’s human rights. You cannot say that all Muslims are violent just because they practice a religion that can be interpreted as violent. The same can be said for male erections. Just because their is a potential for uncontrolled arousal does not mean that the majority of men are going to become rapists.

A man may not be able to control his penis, and this has nothing to do with his maturity but is a product of his biology, but he does have the capacity to control his behavior. I may think violent thoughts about a person, but that does not equate to me doing violent action. The vast majority of people do not put all thoughts into actions. And this distinction lies at the heart of the matter. Societies only have the right to regulate action. What goes on in the tissue between your ears is your in alien human right to have. Those who wish to censure public erections are trying to control our thoughts and in doing so are grossly violating the human rights of all men every where. Thus you may excuse me if I sound a little indignant. It is a natural human reaction to oppression

Banned080105
Forum Member

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  9:12:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One final note, who are you people to tell me what I can do with my body. If I want my penis to be erect in a public nude setting. That is my right to have. Just like it is my right to breath or to have my arms erect. As long as I am not endangering public health nor violating you personal space you have no right to complain. You would be indignant if someone told your could not pierce yourself or have a tattoo would you not and you would be indignant if someone told you could not breast feed your baby in public.
Basically speaking, we all have the right too have our bodies accepted. Well mine comes with a penis and sometimes it is erect and I am proud of it! And That does not make me
a danger to the public.

So live with your own space and stop trying to control mine!

Edited by - Banned080105 on 07/28/2005 9:16:15 PM

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  01:44:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
So live with your own space and stop trying to control mine!
There in lies the problem.............

where does your space end and others space begin. This issue is not that simple and it shouldn't be that difficult to understand with respect for others.

Banned080105
Forum Member

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  07:10:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is that really the best rebuttal you can come up with?

This is your argument in summary.

You can't refute what I am saying, So you resort to repeating same old aurgument.

In leu of the fact that I have just posted several posts blowing that argument out of the water, you need to do allot better that that.

One does not need to surrender their rights in order to respect others. If anything it is these "others" who are showing a lack of respect by attacking the basic human rights of others. My argument is all about respect.

So the glove is still down and I await an opponent who can actually provide a challenging debate. Any takers?

Page: of 16 Previous Topic: Frequent Uncontrolable Erections Medical Condition Topic Next Topic: So I was thinking about becomming a nudist  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.33 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved