Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 173 ]  [ Total: 173 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Site News
 What's new around the website?
 Funding the new site
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nude-Friends.com - refining the topic structure Topic Next Topic: If I provided a private multi camera chat room...
Page: of 9

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 03/18/2020 :  12:38:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's beautiful.

Thanks MrsAzLagoon!

MrsAzLagoon
Forum Member

Posted - 03/18/2020 :  5:27:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit MrsAzLagoon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A user on FB tried to donate and GFM would not take the donation in spite of the user doing all of the verifications on their end. Could it be a GFM “community Standards” issue?

Also, we tried to post the nudist-resorts.org URL for folks to go direct to the site and contact the Admin for joining and donations...FB wouldn’t take the URL as it violates their community standards....eeeerrrrggggg.... Reposted spelling out the URL...we’ll see if people can translate it.

These are issues we’ve had to tap dance for years.

Enjoy the sunshine!

MrsAZLagoon-AKA C-OHome
www.ClothingOptionalHomeNetwork.com

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 03/19/2020 :  12:49:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow. Just wow.

Funny, the censors in China allow us in. At least that was the case several years ago when someone from China contacted me. They told me they could see NRO just fine in China.

I took that to mean the Chinese censors recognized our traditional approach. Remember the days when Google itself featured us in a short video about nudism? We were okay then as well.

Thanks, FB.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 03/19/2020 :  12:53:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just checked my dashboard at GFM, and there are no notifications that anything is wrong.

We have already received a test donation from one of "the faithful." That went through okay, and it made it to the bank account.

If you see any specific notifications, please forward them my way. I can use the exact wording of the notification to look up a solution.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 03/19/2020 :  01:13:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do not post images of:

• Real nude adults, where nudity is defined as: Visible genitalia; Visible anus and/or fully nude close-ups of buttocks unless photoshopped on a public figure; Uncovered female nipples except in the context of breastfeeding, birth giving and after-birth moments, health (for example, post-mastectomy, breast cancer awareness, or gender confirmation surgery), or an act of protest

That's the current policy at Facebook. Any visible genitalia is a no-no, as are buttocks unless we Photoshop them onto some public figure. LOL

Does this all apply to links as well? Hmm.

Our homepage has nudity. I wonder if posting a link on Facebook embeds a screenshot of the homepage in a visible way. That may be what's happening, "because some people in our community may be sensitive to this type of content."

MrsAzLagoon
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2020 :  11:10:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit MrsAzLagoon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It could be the simple fact that “Nudist” is in the URL...I suspect that’s the culprit with FB. In promoted posts, we have to be careful with “nude, nudist, naked, etc” in our posts. More than once have we tried to sneak the offending words through and they eventually catch it.

quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Do not post images of:

• Real nude adults, where nudity is defined as: Visible genitalia; Visible anus and/or fully nude close-ups of buttocks unless photoshopped on a public figure; Uncovered female nipples except in the context of breastfeeding, birth giving and after-birth moments, health (for example, post-mastectomy, breast cancer awareness, or gender confirmation surgery), or an act of protest

That's the current policy at Facebook. Any visible genitalia is a no-no, as are buttocks unless we Photoshop them onto some public figure. LOL

Does this all apply to links as well? Hmm.

Our homepage has nudity. I wonder if posting a link on Facebook embeds a screenshot of the homepage in a visible way. That may be what's happening, "because some people in our community may be sensitive to this type of content."

Enjoy the sunshine!

MrsAZLagoon-AKA C-OHome
www.ClothingOptionalHomeNetwork.com

Edited by - MrsAzLagoon on 03/19/2020 11:12:41 AM

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 03/19/2020 :  2:18:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mark Zuckerberg's genitalia police on duty.

Well that's all fine. Facebook wasn't meant to be a true meeting place for people with something to say.

It was originally meant to be a whos-the-ugliest-girl type of site, built on stolen pictures from various university databases.

Mark's dream was to provide a platform for people to ridicule and be cruel to each other.

It was The Facebook, you know, about faces.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 03/20/2020 :  01:30:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Progress on the website.

Today I am setting up the domain name, and instructing the entire world where my server's IP address is found. Called DNS propagation, it takes about a day for the worldwide DNS servers to update.

DNS is domain name service, a directory of sorts.

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 03/20/2020 :  09:25:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the work!!!

calgarymark
Forum Member

Posted - 03/20/2020 :  3:49:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nude in AK

Thanks for all the work!!!

What NiAK said!

CalgaryMark
"Life's too short to be taken seriously".
"Be yourself - everyone else is taken". Attributed to Oscar Wilde.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 03/22/2020 :  1:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today I purchased the software set for the new forum. It took a long time to download all 70+ modules that go with it.

The next step is to begin installation of everything. That could take several days.

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 03/22/2020 :  3:43:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the update! It is going to be interesting!!!!

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 03/25/2020 :  12:33:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've got all modules installed and working. The new forum is looking great. I have it residing on what is called a staging server while I develop it.

calgarymark
Forum Member

Posted - 03/25/2020 :  01:04:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you scheduled a date when it 'takes off', if you'll pardon the expression?

CalgaryMark
"Life's too short to be taken seriously".
"Be yourself - everyone else is taken". Attributed to Oscar Wilde.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 03/25/2020 :  3:39:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Epic pun.

Not really. I wouldn't want to disappoint if something slows progress.

Now that the infrastructure is in place, there is styling (I'll keep much of the appearance and color scheme of NRO) and the much larger task of setting up the topic structure similar to the original site.

Page: of 9 Previous Topic: Nude-Friends.com - refining the topic structure Topic Next Topic: If I provided a private multi camera chat room...  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.24 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved