Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 158 ]  [ Total: 158 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Women - From the Feminine Point of View
 Nudism From a Woman's Viewpoint
 Getting her to try nudism
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Women Nudists Topic Next Topic: Considering nudism for first time - advice please
Page: of 7

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  05:28:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum jerry adler. You have some very good points. I had same of the same thoughts when my husband was trying to get me to go a nudist club. Basically why nude? Can't you have fun without being nude? What's next after going nude? Swinging? Couples have to trust each other, an communication is the key. It took my husband dragging me kicking and sreaming to go to a nudist club. Once I found out that was not what I had preconceived it to be, I felt more comfortable. I think your right in that the spouse should not be forced. If talking about it and discussing it, and it still is not something she feels comfortable with, leaver her alone. Some people have a deep down moral issue with nudity, and you are not going to change that.

Kim =^.^=

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  12:32:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Or what venues they are willing to attend. My wife will not consider a club, but will go to a nude beach.

Chic

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  04:02:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thats cool too Chic. If she is willing to go to a nude beach, then be happy and satisfied. Maybe she feels confortable being nude, but unconfortable being nude and socializing.

Kim =^.^=

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  07:43:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jerry, welcome and enjoy the forum.

irishred

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  12:42:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Kim'

I think you hit on it. Socialization is probably is one of the single most inhibitors for not joining a club.

Chic

philzer
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  1:17:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everybody,

My own experience is that I tried nude recreation before my wife and I started dating, both at nude campgrounds and nude beaches (White Tail Park in Virginia and Sandy Hook Beach in New Jersey). My wife and I were good friends before we started dating, and she went with me to White Tail Park before I "officially" asked her out the first time. Pretty brave for her, I thought, because a few years before she had told me, "I could never do that" (go to a nude resort). Now she and I go nude at home sometimes, we've been to numerous nude resorts (our favorites so far are Club Orient and Avalon in West VA), and we're talking about a full membership at WTP. It took us a while to get here, but gentle encouragement and not pushing things seemed to work well for her. She used to be a very shy person, and her friends have often commented that she's opened up a lot. I'm very fortunate to be married to someone who's willing to try nude recreation with me. I'd do it by myself if I had no choice, but it's so much more fun as a couple.

Philzer

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 02/29/2004 :  11:42:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Philzer, that's great about your wife being open to a new experience. It's much better to do things as a couple.

irishred

jerry adler

Posted - 02/29/2004 :  12:57:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kim & others; Thanks for the welcome. I'm really not sure if naturism is in actuality the real topic. Recently returning from Australia's 'nudist retreats' , where by the way, a total population of 20 million people the size of the U.S. represents, not only a different culture, but a friendleness non-existent in the U. S., considering Calif. with a population of 35 million people; so if the numbers of population make a difference, would anyone consider a self-confident factor as being important? Disclosing one's self without 'proper' attire is, to me, indicative of a person willing to let go and just for a change , not only meeting people on a different basis, but 'showing up' , without the stigma of please like me, even tho' I am not perfect. Must we define everything with a name & gender association? Do we ever have a desire to let that really small person representative of who we actually are, ever come out from inside our buried egos? Aside from being brain washed from birth, are we devoting our lives to what we really want and where we want to be? I know; lots of questions, but I feel the small percentage of people with the depth of understanding should be aware that oxidation occurs as our worst enemy, with the life force for all of us only a temporary expediency. No matter how imperfect, nudism offers a cast off of what we are hiding behind, per all the designers with fame & recognition their only goal. Wherever, but try for yourself, even by yourself, a true realistic approach of the wonderful person you could be - sans textiles, & if you feel comfortable pursue this relationship. Don't rush to Australia tho', as it's a difficult country to stay in for a lengthy period of time. Jerry

Marco
Forum Member

Posted - 03/03/2004 :  06:01:00 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Marco's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My girlfriend was very consious of going to a nude beach she would only skinny dip on deserted beaches. Then we went on our first villa holiday we had a secluded pool and she soon got used to swimming and sunning nude. By the middle of the week she was snorkling nude off the beach!!

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 03/04/2004 :  4:42:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A nude beach seemed to work best for my wife who was very hesitant about public nudity. She was quite comfortable being nude inside the house and on our patio or backyard. She enjoyed swimming in our pool nude and did not like wearing anything in the spa.

When I suggested public nudity, as in the beach or resort, she opted for the beach because she was uncomfortable with the social aspect of a resort. We went to the beach and usually kept to ourselves the first year. We were able to find a spot on the sand close enough to other nudist couples but far enough away where my wife did not have to engage in conversation. After the first year, we met a couple and the rest, of our social nudist lifestyle is, is history. She has really become quite good at the social aspect. It has taken over three years but she enjoys meeting other nudist women and exchanging fears and concerns.

She stills loves the beach but now prefers the resorts. All in all, it took time for her and lots of patience for me. The outcome is nothing short of fantastic. We love our lifestyle and love going to nudist venues and meeting up with our nudist friends and meeting new ones.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/04/2004 :  6:50:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
FireProf I am glad you and your wife are so happy enjoying nudism. It just seems like it is easier for the guy to get into nudism, and just takes us a little more encouragement and, support.

Kim =^.^=

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 03/05/2004 :  02:22:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are right Kimberly, it is easier for a guy to try nudism. My wife and I have had numerous talks about this and the various reasons why women have a harder time.

But now that you are a nudist, do you find that all those fears and worries were really just fears and worries and not what you really thought nudism was? Did I just make any sense?

nudepete2003
Forum Member

Posted - 03/12/2004 :  11:51:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit nudepete2003's Homepage  Send nudepete2003 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My club has a policy for introducing people to naturism.We call it clothes optional which means you can bring your friend and there is no pressure to be nude until they want to. They can see the others there are "normal" people and will usually adjust quicky and join in.They feel the odd one out and see that after the first few minutes the is nothing to it.
If the feel unthreatened, safe and relaxed is much easier to make the transition.
We have converted many people to the nudist lifestyle, and they come back to us regularly for the summer break and often join a local club.
A lot of clubs insist on nudity even on "trial visits" which can have an effect of putting people off. They dont seem to realise that often their survival depends on getting new members and friends and relations of existing members is their best source.

nudepete2003
see our website and msn group at www.eaglepeakspain.com

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/13/2004 :  03:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
FireProf being nude at a nudist club was nothing like I thought it would be. I had a lot of unfounded fears. My main worries were that my breasts were to small, I was too fat, people would stare, etc. I found that no one really cared what I looked like, and I did not see any modles there. I am glad that I was married when I tried nudism, I would have felt more awkward being single.

Kim =^.^=

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/13/2004 :  07:14:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kim,

single women alone have a tough tiime the 1st time for the very reasons you have stated unless they are very self-assured. think the best way for women to go if not part of a couple is to go with girl friend(s) or to a women only day that some camps/resorts offer. the old safety in numbers thing.

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: Women Nudists Topic Next Topic: Considering nudism for first time - advice please  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.2 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved