Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 156 ]  [ Total: 156 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Women - From the Feminine Point of View
 Nudism From a Woman's Viewpoint
 Getting her to try nudism
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Women Nudists Topic Next Topic: Considering nudism for first time - advice please
Page: of 7

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/13/2004 :  07:43:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with you Calmnude about the safety in numbers. I would also feel weird about dating a guy I met nude, you know like skipping a step. Maybe thats just me.

Kim =^.^=

papabare
Forum Member

Posted - 03/13/2004 :  12:07:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit papabare's Homepage  Send papabare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I would think it would be better dating someone you met nude, then you don't have to undress them with your eyes. You can Dress them with your eyes though :)

--------------------
Live Body Proud, Live Clothes Free

calicpl1191
Forum Member

Posted - 06/01/2004 :  9:25:58 PM  Show Profile  Send calicpl1191 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
my wife and I have recently adopted a clothing free recreational lifestyle after 12 years of marriage. Surprisingly, until recently, my wife was very self conscious about her appearance, and would mask her features with oversized, bulky clothing. This all changed for her recently, when I suggested we try a local nudist resort. She was shocked at my request, as we had never been a "clothing free" type of couple, out of the bedroom. But, this was something I had always wanted to try, but never had the courage to attempt. Initially, her response was a firm NO! "Why do you want to parade around nude for other people?" she'd ask. My response was that we would not be nude for them, but for ourselves.
First, you must understand that my wife is a very caring, and understanding person, whom I adore. The fact that she would entertain the idea to go to a nudist resort simply because it was something I wanted to try makes me love her even more. Still, she was uneasy with the idea, but agreed to research a few local resorts on the internet. After reading a few articles, and calling a few resorts, she agreed to give it a try, but only at a private resort (she feels safer in a private environment), and only on a day when there was likely to be no-one else there but us. Fine with me.
Our first visit was short, primarily because it was a cold day, but also because I didnt want her to feel pressured to stay longer than she was comfortable with. With the exception of one other couple we met, we had the place to ourselves. We played pool, swam, and went for a walk. She seemed a bit uneasy at first, but after a few minutes was completely at ease with herself. Upon leaving, she said she enjoyed it, but didn't want to make it a habit. Fine with me.
About a month later, we were on our way to Las Vegas, but decided on a quick stop to the same resort along the way to kill a few free hours. This time, there were a few more people around, but she didnt seem to mind. We even had time for massages in the nude. She later told me that the massage was her favorite part of the day. This from a woman who months earlier wouldn't venture out of the bedroom in the nude.
As time passed, she began looking for free days almost as often as I was, and would talk of getting a babysitter so we could sneak away to the resort for a few hours.
To make a long story short, we recently joined the resort as full members. We have made several new friends, and find we are spending every free minute we can find at our new "second home". Any inhibitions she may have had about her body are now gone. Even her clothing style has changed as a result. The oversized clothes are gone, and in their place are more attractive ensembles wich compliment her attractive figure. She has grown more confident in herself, and her self-esteem is booming. Our relationship, while always strong, has grown unbelievably stronger by the experience.
My only question now is...why did we wait so long?

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  12:36:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why, I do not know...but relationships between couples seem to open up and get better after getting into nudism. I think for us it was that barrier that dropped and we seemed to open up more and talk about alot of things that were really, really important and not a bunch of surface stuff.

I don't think nudism will help a marriage get better or will save a marriage but it has sure opened up our lines of communication.

We have one problem. We have formed some pretty close relationships with clothed friends, over the past 20+ years, that probably would not support or adopt our current lifestyle. It's difficult to keep those friendships going when those new ones with nudists are more enjoyable to be with.

We are happy for you and your wife calicpl1191. Hope you have a great time as nudists and as new members of your club.

calicpl1191
Forum Member

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  10:48:12 AM  Show Profile  Send calicpl1191 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with you FireProf. We also have clothed friends and family members that would definately frown on our new nudist lifestyle. We have confided in one clothed friend who is supportive, but for the most part, we've kept our new lifestyle to ourselves. We've found that the most difficult aspect is with our children. They are 11 and 9 and were not raised as nudists. We have not introduced them to nudism, and as of yet, they are unaware that we have become interested in nudism. We just don't know how to address the subject with them. Nor do we know if there will ever come a time when we will feel comfortable introducing them to it. It is a subject that the wife and I have talked about several times, but unfortunaltely, are not ready yet to bring up to the kids. We love being nudists, and enjoy the new friends we are making, but are concerned about how it would affect the children if we decided to expose them to the lifestyle. I would never force them into it, but if they ever showed an interest, I would heartily support them in their decision. If there is anyone who has been through this, and I'm sure there has, I would appreciate your input as to how you handled it.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  8:32:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Since we like to stay on topic here, that would be a great subject for a new thread!

See Nudism - Supporting Family Values / Mental Health for information and commentary about nudism and children.

And calicpl1191, welcome to the forum!

tommyjoe
Forum Member

Posted - 06/03/2004 :  10:36:55 AM  Show Profile  Send tommyjoe a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My wife and I have been married for 29 years and both of our girls are married and raising their own families.I am a home naturist and love it but can't get my wife to join me.The only time she is nude is in the shower or when we get intimate.I have told her she has a good looking body but she dosn't think so. She dosn't seem to care if I walk around nude. I have ask her to try it,just walking from one room to the next but she won't. How can I get her to feel comfortable in the nude?
We live in southern MN.in a small community no c/o beaches or resorts mostly farm country.Would like to here from you readers any suggestions that will help me. So we both can enjoy the feedom of nudism.
Tom

calicpl1191
Forum Member

Posted - 06/03/2004 :  4:34:41 PM  Show Profile  Send calicpl1191 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure what to tell you tommyjoe, other than to find a good nudist resort that your wife would be comfortable with. It was what helped my wife. Prior to our joining our club, she was the same way as your wife. But now, since joining at nudist resort in the area, she has a more confident self image. An good example of this would be this...I work at home and start at my computer very early. Prior to nudism, she would wake up shortly after me, shower, dress, and then wake the kids for school, most of the time without bothering me at my desk. Post nudism, she wakes, showers, and greets me with a kiss and a smile at my desk (in the nude) prior to waking the kids. I can't think of a better way to start my day, lol.
You may have to travel a short distance to find somplace to take her, or, since you live in farm country, I'm sure there are plenty of isolated areas where the two of you can enjoy some private, clothing-free time together. Make a picnic out of it, take a book, or just let her soak up some sun to relax. Let her know that it's all about relaxation, comfort, and self image, but not about sex. And don't push her into anything she's uncomfortable with. If she's going to develop a positive attitude about nudism, she'll do it if and when she's ready. My wife wasnt keen on the idea at all at first, but once she experienced the freedom of nudism, her opinion of it and her body image rapidly changed.

Good luck....

ashleaann

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  6:52:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had self esteem issues for a long time. And I know that I need to do something otherwise I am going to go through life being embarrassed by myself.

My boyfriend suggested we try some nudism. I want to try anything. But I am very very nervous. One of the sites he showed me was this one.http://www.[deleted re: photos of minors].com/images2.html
looking at these images made me feel very nervous that my bf is going to spend the time looking at other women who I fear are more attractive than me.

How do you get past the fear of being unattractive compared to other nudists?

I understand as a man he is going to look. And he said he wants to go somewhere which has a majority of people around our age 20-30.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I thought a new years eve trip away would be good.

HabaneroSting
Forum Member

Posted - 01/23/2009 :  07:22:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit HabaneroSting's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a female friend that knows I like to be nude most of the time, but would be very concerned about participating in social nudity. She is at the stage where she does not want other people seeing me nude.

Naturist Blog

shysparky

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  4:19:50 PM  Show Profile  Send shysparky a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am new to nudism myself and am currently a home nudist but have made some small hiking trips alone nude. I practice at home and my wife doesn't mind at all and she has actually joined me a couple of times at home. I really want to try social nudity but am certain she will object and will not want to participate either. I do have a nudist resort nearby but am sure she would not wish to go with me. Any ideas besides in my backyard which is not an option. I was thinking of getting her to try camping nude and go from there until she wants to try something more adventurous. I am also hoping to find more people in my area to spend time nuding together.

Clothes free thats for me!

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  4:39:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Women are MUCH more social. IF (BIG IF) she finds the nearby resort to her liking (the other women are close in age,etc) you're home free. I was married for 15 years. We had a deal, we never wore clothes to bed. What I later learned, is while she ALWAYS honered our agreement, she was never happy about it. 20 years after my divorce, I STILL don't know what I did wrong.
GOOD LUCK.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/isisdc/2560300492/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  11:15:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
shysparky if you go to a resort take her during a weekday when it will be less crowded, if you go on the weekend when its crowded it may overwelm her. The first time I took my wife to a nude beach was the middle of the week less than a dozen people she had a blast and was pretty comfortable nude.

Txboater

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  3:14:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashleaann

My boyfriend suggested we try some nudism. I want to try anything. But I am very very nervous. One of the sites he showed me was this one.http://www.[deleted re: photos of minors].com/images2.html
looking at these images made me feel very nervous that my bf is going to spend the time looking at other women who I fear are more attractive than me.

How do you get past the fear of being unattractive compared to other nudists?

I understand as a man he is going to look. And he said he wants to go somewhere which has a majority of people around our age 20-30.

Ashlea, I don't know anything about you or your boyfriend, he may be a great guy, but certain things you wrote make me think that he isn't necessarily interested in trying naturalism just for the lifestyle, and that there maybe some more sexual undertones to it. First is that he showed you a website of nude women, which apparently showed you women that you feel have better bodies than you (which makes me feel it wasn't showing a true spectrum of naturism) and second that he specifically wants to go to a resort with people under 30. It sounds a little to me like he does have some unrealistic expectations himself, and also may be a little titilated by the idea. I don't think there is anything necessarily wrong with naturism having a sensual aspect to it when it is between a couple with the same ideas, or among consenting adults in a place set aside for that, but I do think that both members of a couple should be on the same page about that. You shouldn't be expecting totally nonsensual nudity while he isexpecting something extra. I would talk to him about your concerns. I am a man, and to me, if I ever try public ndity, I want it to be somewhere with people of all ages and body types.

Vittorio2009

Posted - 08/18/2009 :  09:08:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife has always been reluctant to go nude on the beach - she has stripped off to swim when caught unprepared on a really hot day - but has never really felt comfortable with the idea. She has always said the best thing about naturist beaches was that she didn't have to worry about covering herself with a towel when changing.

This year we took our holiday in France and went to the beach at Espiguette near Grau du Roi. We had been there on several previous occasion. One section is naturist but the two years we went there we did not venture to that section of the beach as my wife did not fancy it. Then there was the year we encountered the Mistral - a strong wind that defeated my attempts to secure our parasol. We discovered that there was a cafe with sunbeds and parasols at the beginning of the naturist section. We installed ourselves and I went nude while my wife wore her bikini. When we swam she usually removed her top because she doesn't like swimming with a halter-neck. Her normal practice is to then change into a dry bikini for sunbathing.

Day One.

This year we arrived at the beach after a 300 mile drive from our overnight hotel. We went straight to the cafe and hired our sunbeds and then went in for a swim with my wife wearing both parts of her bikini in case the water was cold. It wasn't! We then suncreamed, my wife put on her dry bikini and we settled down to sunbathe. From time to time she would take off her top to sunbathe on her stomach. We decided to go for a second swim. My wife took off the bikini top, hesitated, and then said "What the heck" and removed the bottom as well and walked down to the water. From that point on she swam nude but sunbathed in her bikini.

Day Two.

My wife swam nude but continued to wear a bikini for sunbathing. When lying on her stomach she removed her top but when lying on her back she went in for strap juggling. She doesn't like rubbing suncream on her breasts and she is very concerned about them getting burnt. On our journey she had bought some factor 30 Roc suncream for her face in a pharamacy and she had been given three small samples of their factor 60 product. She decided that the next day it would be easier to try that on her breast and go topless.

Day Three.

Topless for sunbathing and walking; nude for swimming.

Day Four.

At the beginning of the day it was a little breezy so for the first walk my wife wore her bikini top - "for warmth not modesty" but for the rest of the day she was again topless or nude for swimming.

Day Five.

After swimming she decided to stay nude as her skin was a little red where it was squeezed by the elastic of her bikini. To my surprise she even stayed nude for a long walk along the beach.

Days Six, Seven and Eight.

Nude all day but one bikini packed "in case".

Days Nine and Ten.

No bikini packed. My wife declares that she is now a naturist but wouldn't want to strip off in England because it's too cold! She starts talking about next time we come here and not needing to bring a bikini ....

Many men have posted about their wives being reluctant naturists. It is just a case of patience and providing the right environment. It's only taken a little over thirty years of marriage ... My wife says this is the most relaxing holiday we've ever had.

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: Women Nudists Topic Next Topic: Considering nudism for first time - advice please  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.21 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved