Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 237 ]  [ Total: 237 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 08/19/2013 :  10:35:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fishman81 - Never heard any information regarding Great Bend - that is clear up almost into New York. We were in the Harrisburg area, so we started with PSHS in the Reading area (a very rustic place but nice), then we tried Sunny Rest in Palmerton PA (a really top notch place - one of the nicest around). We also visited to Pine Tree (excellent) and MAHESO (great) in MD, and Avalon (great) in WV. There was reported to be another one close to Sunny Rest - Beechwood Lodge, but we never visited that - I believe that is the one that is very close to the Appalachian Trail. But, to reiterate, I doubt we would have had to nerve to visit any of those had we not got our start at Gunnison.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 09/12/2013 :  03:21:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
(Trip report, if you're interested.)

We returned from our usual bi-weekly, mid-week stay just tonight, and the conditions were nearly perfect. The air was >90, and the water >70.

Biggest crowd I've EVER seen on a weekday. I had to park in the very last row of Lot G at noon or so.

The usual idiots were all there, but they steer-clear of us these days... Unfortunately, I had to inform a new-to-me 50-ish adolescent that it's neither polite nor acceptable to wander around for 10 minutes, looking for the best possible vantage point, then park his hairy ass 15' from my companion's genitals, and sit and stare.

He was amazed and offended that someone actually called him on that, the dolt... He went so far as to call me "ugly"- yes, I managed to get to sleep that night anyway- but he stomped-off the beach a few minutes later, never to return.

It's almost not worth the effort to sit among other couples and have a nice chat, as pleasant as that can be. There's always the dumb knuckle-dragging apes who move in as soon as most working folks head home around 5 or so. The buzzards tend to move in around then.

For example, Monday was cool, so we set-up back on the beach and kept to ourselves, behind a windscreen. We didn't meet anyone, but we didn't spend half the day being amazed/dismayed by the stupidity of human males, either... That was a good day, albeit one spent too far from the surf. It's truly unfortunate that such a choice has to be made there.

Anyhoo, the water is still warm and the beach is open for a mile to the South. Go if you can, but be advised that the Rangers are still doing their civic duty. We saw some gay guys being cuffed and hauled away, apparently for for sexual behavior, and they even loaded one dude in the back of the truck buck-naked. (Is there enough Armour All in the world to re-hab that seat?)

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 05/08/2014 :  8:37:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I missed my annual b'day trip to Gunnison last year, but looking forward to going next month. I can hardly wait.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 05/09/2014 :  02:42:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We're getting restless up here, too; the skiing was a great way to spend the winter, but we long for the beach right now.

Looks like the middle of the month will work. A few free days of sun, even if the water is still too cold for swimming.

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 05/09/2014 :  07:14:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm long overdue for some good outdoor fun in the sun. I didn't have too many opportunities in 2013...in fact I think I only did the Skinny Dip at MAHESO. I hope this year is better...but at least a trip to Gunnison is on the calendar :) Maybe I'll see you there Fishman.

Edited by - free2be on 05/09/2014 07:17:12 AM

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2014 :  01:45:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You'll be able to recognize me just by dint of my ranting at the gawking morons.

We're looking at late May right now, and I have a trip planned for mid-June as well, but that one's with my old college room-mate, and I don't expect to be chasing-off any looky-Lou's then.

According to Accuweather, there have already been some passable beach days so far in 2014. Would be happy to hear from anyone who has been there early in the season.

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2014 :  9:14:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fishman...it looked great from the air today
My wife and I flew over this afternoon on a flight from Albany NY to Baltimore MD. I would like to hear some early reports as well.

Edited by - free2be on 05/11/2014 9:18:06 PM

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2014 :  9:18:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fishman...it looked great from the air today :) My wife and I flew over this afternoon on a flight from Albany NY to Baltimore MD. I would like to hear some early reports as well.

Schroder
Forum Member

Posted - 05/18/2014 :  12:45:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Schroder a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fishman81

You'll be able to recognize me just by dint of my ranting at the gawking morons.

We're looking at late May right now, and I have a trip planned for mid-June as well, but that one's with my old college room-mate, and I don't expect to be chasing-off any looky-Lou's then.

Fishman I'm saying this with the old wink in my eye so please take it that way - here we are in May, the beach season hasn't even started yet and already you're talking about the Looky-Lou's!

They are annoying jerks and a big problem is that most people don't handle them in the way that you do. People, especially women, are too nice to them. I've seen so many times where women will talk nicely with them and then complain about them after they move on to their next target.

There is one jerk in particular that I started noticing last summer - one who I would call a worst case scenario. I call him Vince because he bears a resemblance to Vincent Price - an aging Vincent Price. He and his sidekick just walk over the beach bothering women all day. And I've never seen anybody tell him where to go. They just treat him like what he is doing is acceptable. So he keeps doing it day after day.

For anyone reading this, my advice is stand up to them. Immediately say something right to their face that will humble them. Tell them nobody invited you to come up to my blanket - go get lost. And wrap a towel around your body as you are saying it. Make them know that they crossed a line and you are upset. They will likely turn into puppy dogs and walk away with their tails between their legs. If you don't stand up to them in some way then it's like giving them the green light to keep on doing it.

Then there are those numerous jerks who quietly sit nearby and gawk without approaching you. That might be tougher to deal with. One choice is to stand up and look them straight in the eye. Wrap a towel around your body as you're looking at him and make your lips move with expletives. Maybe give him a hand gesture as well. Hope that he gets the message. If he doesn't then next step is to either hammer in a small section of windscreen positioned exactly between you and he - or pack up and move to another spot. Both would send a message.

Now I'm a man and often at the beach alone so why should I care and stick my two cents into this subject? Well because the beach is supposed to be a happy place and I like to see everybody be happy and enjoy their day. It's a much more wonderful place for the whole crowd when everybody is happy. And I'm not always alone. On occasion my wife will be there for a few hours before we check into a motel. Standing up to these jerks is something that everybody on the beach should consider. I'm considering having a friendly talk with Vince if he reappears this summer. Just a little courtesy to let him know how obvious he is being. Does anybody have thoughts about whether I should or shouldn't do that? At the start of a new season, we all want to see 2014 be a good year.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 05/25/2014 :  01:56:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Schroder, you're not alone in comparing that idiot with an old Vincent Price... Both we and a friend of ours have been calling him that for YEARS!

He's an absolute loser. Maybe three years back, I actually overheard him whispering to his buddy about where the young girls were, and how to approach them.

Of course that pissed me off, so I stood up and opined rather loudly that he and his ilk were a cancer on everyone's beach experience there. (Now, when he sees me, he walks the other way very rapidly.)

Then there is "Brown", thus named because he wears a UPS-like hat on the beach, along with wrap-around shades. He likes to move very slowly through the crowd all day long while barely pivoting his head, as though he's "just walking". (A direct quote, when I called him on it, but he avoids me like the plague right now just the same.)

There are other regulars that I could cite, but my point remains that nobody has to put up with
this crap... All you have to do is to call them out, and they will scurry into their little rat-holes.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 05/27/2014 :  03:05:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
And as far as the "campers" go, just pretend to look for something in your beach bag, while displaying the split ham as close to their faces as possible... Might take a minute or two, but that usually works.

Schroder
Forum Member

Posted - 05/29/2014 :  9:12:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Schroder a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fishman81

There are other regulars that I could cite, but my point remains that nobody has to put up with
this crap... All you have to do is to call them out, and they will scurry into their little rat-holes.

Yes they will and one other thought I have for anyone who becomes annoyed by these roving clods...
Some of the reason why they continue to do what they do is because they believe they are doing nothing illegal. Make them think again about that. What they do is borderline with stalking someone. When confronting them be sure to use the word "stalk" numerous times. "Why are you stalking me?" "Quit stalking me." "There is a law against stalking - don't approach again or I'll contact police". "Stalk" is a powerful word that could shake them a little more. Make them think.

Edited by - Schroder on 05/29/2014 9:14:05 PM

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2014 :  01:58:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Going for the first time this season next week, and I hope like Hell that the morons aren't out in full-force...

It's such a nice place to go, when no one is behaving like a clueless 14 year-old.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2014 :  02:00:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Went there last week with my companion...

Oddly, the first person we saw when we were just settling-down was Vincent stumbling past us. On an impulse, and spurred-on by Schroder's remarks, I told him that he was famous on the internet right now.

The dumb-ass took it in the wrong way, as if he was a sex-celebrity or something, and then it slowly dawned on him that I had just referred to him as a notorious pest. (Might have been a fortuitous coincidence, but we didn't see Vinnie any more that day, or on the next two.)

All the other Bozoes were there, but they stayed away. The weather was hot by the bathrooms, but the sea-breeze kicked-in by the water to extent that we reluctantly hoisted the wind screen to avoid hypothermia.

Swimming under those conditions was a bit of a trial- I'm guessing that the water was 63 F or so. (I went in, and I'm still searching for my testicles.)

Going back next week with my old college room mate who hated that place last year. He'll be on North Beach, right across the rope that isn't there anymore. ;-)

One gigantic improvement you will see there is that you are now allowed to walk/run the entire length of the beach, even when the plovers are breeding... The cordon is now placed just above the high-tide mark, which makes perfect sense for birds and people alike.

Edited by - Fishman81 on 06/09/2014 02:04:51 AM

palmer
Forum Member

Posted - 06/11/2014 :  06:52:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't even remember the last time I saw someone that I considered to be a Gawker. Maybe it's because my wife and I tend to go only on weekends? We stopped going on weekdays years ago because the people on the weekends seemed nicer and less likely to make nasty remarks about other groups of people. Is this because the weekends have a greater mix of ages and races than the weekdays? Or is it my imagination?

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.58 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved