Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 195 ]  [ Total: 195 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

tylerD
Forum Member

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  11:41:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
god id love to.idk when ill get to. i neeed to get there soon.

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  5:06:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did make it to Gunnison yesterday (Wednesday). The weather was questionable in the morning but by noon it was beautiful on the beach. Met Balto Bob who drove up from Atlantic City (on vacation) and also saw catbird who knew we would be there. It was my first time meeting forum members and we had a great time chatting and sharing stories. It was a good crowd on the beach, including a lot of regulars.

Hopefully the weather will hold out for at least one more trip this season. Maybe we'll see some others who live nearby... tylerD, sunny1, Fishman81, others???

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  5:33:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jerseysomething

Did make it to Gunnison yesterday (Wednesday). The weather was questionable in the morning but by noon it was beautiful on the beach. Met Balto Bob who drove up from Atlantic City (on vacation) and also saw catbird who knew we would be there. It was my first time meeting forum members and we had a great time chatting and sharing stories. It was a good crowd on the beach, including a lot of regulars.

Hopefully the weather will hold out for at least one more trip this season. Maybe we'll see some others who live nearby... tylerD, sunny1, Fishman81, others???

Indeed this was the first time I met any forum members at Gunnison Beach. I had marvelous fellowship with Balto Bob and Jerseysomething. Nudists are friendly people.

The weather was perfect yesterday.

I made this observation that is relevant to mid September. I estimate 99 percent of the people there were totally nude. This is indicative of that September brings more of the true nudists. In the summertime you see quite a few thongs along with other clothing. However Gunnison Beach is clothing optional.

The forecast looks good for next Sunday and the early part of the week.

Naturally, Catbird

Sunny1
Forum Member

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  10:25:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We may get there this weekend - it's a long drive, so I hope we can get a parking spot....

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  6:20:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I went back on Thursday. While the crowd was small, Gunnison seems to have a lot of dog owners. The wind was a problem. Many of the regulars use wind screens. They are worth the investment for days like that. Managed to walk all the way down to the south end of the C/O section. The water was warm, a little rough.
FYI- The surf at Sandy Hook is rather tame compared to beaches farther south. The waves at Atlantic City were twice as large.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/wespennest/2562019052/
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME41quy9_x0

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  7:20:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sunny1

We may get there this weekend - it's a long drive, so I hope we can get a parking spot....

Sunny,

Although I avoid weekends during the summer, I plan to go to Gunnison next Sunday. They say that parking is no problem after Labor Day, so I think you will get a parking spot. The weather forecast looks better on Sunday, compared to Saturday.

Naturally, Catbird

Etherknight

Posted - 09/21/2008 :  10:22:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I visited Gunnison and had my first public nudist venture last monday, sept. 15, and I can say it was a great experience. I've never felt comfortable in swim shorts and being free of the requirement was like another world. I wanted to try it for years but never got the courage, or knew if I'd be comfortable and able to control my own physical reaction to nudity with the whole societal taboo. But everything went well and I had a great time soaking up the sun and enjoying a care-free day

The beach was great and the water was wonderful. The sand was wonderfully clean. I'm hoping to get back there again this monday and get one more all over tan day in before it gets too chilly for me. If you ever see a young guy with his nose in a thick book on the beach, probably me =)
Didn't seem to be too many folk in my age bracket (mid 20s) but I guess out of season, and a weekday when most people work. Any of the regulars know if there's many in that range during peak season? I'm going to approach some of my friends soon to see if maybe they'll join me in the experience, and I'd love to meet some others out there of all ages. Hope to meet and talk with some of you soon =)

PABiker
Forum Member

Posted - 09/22/2008 :  6:53:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My next open day off is Columbus Day. I have my fingers crossed for warm weather and sunny skies for an indian summer last hurrah at Gunnison. The local resort (which we joined) is closed for the season. Besides, I need some beach time nude. We have a summer place in Cape May County. Anyone who hears of any petitions or movements to bring clothing optional beaches to south Jersey post the info and we'll stand tall alongside of you.

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 09/22/2008 :  9:59:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PABiker

My next open day off is Columbus Day. I have my fingers crossed for warm weather and sunny skies for an indian summer last hurrah at Gunnison. The local resort (which we joined) is closed for the season. Besides, I need some beach time nude. We have a summer place in Cape May County. Anyone who hears of any petitions or movements to bring clothing optional beaches to south Jersey post the info and we'll stand tall alongside of you.

As for a nude beach in Cape May County, there used to be a nude beach at Higbee Beach. But Higbee Beach has been closed for years. I have heard that this was another case of "Lewd it and lose it." Also I have heard that ecology was another reason for closing it.

Naturally, Catbird

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 09/26/2008 :  3:10:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The weather forecast for next Monday and Tuesday looks pretty good... could be my last trip to Gunnison for the year. If anyone else will be there one of those days, let me know.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 09/28/2008 :  1:47:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will be in Atlantic City on Tuesday. I hadn't planned to driving up but, if the forecast is good can join you.
(youtube video no longer available, need to update my sig.)

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/wespennest/2562019052/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

Edited by - Balto Bob on 09/28/2008 2:01:59 PM

StormRunner

Posted - 10/01/2008 :  12:25:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by widowerman

And then as that was not enough, a group of Hedonist made a camp compound on the beach on Friday and Saturday. And they say that the beach at Gunnison is family oriented. Yikes, nothing like keeping the deep dark secret right out in the open in plain sight. Not that I’m complaining about the “lifestylers”, however, you’d think a bit of discretion would be the norm, especially on this beach. After all, not everyone on the beach is a lifestyler, some still like the freedom of being one with nature and not showing our down and outright deep seated nature. I would propose that we would almost need yet another area from the families, singles, bi’s, the gays and now the swingers. Of course, that would leave about 3 square feet for the “normals”. Although, I am at a loss of what is normal these days.

Any thoughts on this?

You mention things like "deep dark secret" and a "bit of discretion" and "Not that I’m complaining about the “lifestylers”". Would you care to elaborate a bit. Was this group offensive in any way? Was their behaviour inappropriate? Were they inconsiderate of others on the beach? Really curious why you took issue with their gathering ...

Your thoughts on this?

Revampd
Forum Member

Posted - 10/02/2008 :  3:30:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Revampd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Jersey,

Sounds like you and your friends had a pretty good day at the beach. I'm sorry that I hadn't learned of this forum yet. I would have loved to have joined you. As you know this was my first summer at Gunnison and I started late at that. But I am hooked! I hate to see the summer go.

I'm hoping for a nice Indian summer as I'm looking for one or two more days on the beach. If you plan any more get-togethers this year please keep me in mind. I'm looking forward to making some new friends to hang out with when I'm there.

Oh, and as a single woman first-timer, I have to say that I felt very comfortable being there by myself. If anyone is having doubts please don't. It's a great place.

JoAnn

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 10/02/2008 :  10:17:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Revampd... You're referring to a couple weeks ago when I met with Balto Bob and Catbird on the beach. It was a very nice occasion. There will be other times, probably next year but if we get a nice Indian Summer, as you suggest, it could be sooner. We'll let you know.

Bob, by the way, sorry I couldn't make it last week... just too busy and the weather ended up being less nice than the forecast was calling for.

StormRunner

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  08:22:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems they are calling for a nice day tomorrow. Hoping to get another sunny day in at my favorite beach!!

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.39 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved