Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 174 ]  [ Total: 174 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 09/03/2011 :  1:04:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leesa123

YouTube video. Gunnison Beach Sandy Hook post Irene.

Thanks Leesa!Here's the link for everyone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlKVW011w_U

Pretty impressive/depressing.Hard to imagine that lake drying up anytime soon.

I can't imagine it would very challenging to wade through it,but you never know what the NPS is going to decide...(It's perfectly acceptable to be eaten by a grizzly at Glacier or Yellowstone,but too risky for the public to slog through a big puddle on the way to the beach,I guess.)

Edited by - Fishman81 on 09/03/2011 1:05:01 PM

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 09/03/2011 :  3:56:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I never thought to post the link. I have a connection that happens to be at North Beach today. Not only is the beach closed, the road you take from the main road to Gunnison is closed also. Plus, when the tide comes in, it is still high, more than normal, and almost reaches the far end of that lake, closest to the ocean. So, we would be stuck moving back, possibly into the lake itself. Thus, until it has dried out enough, Gunnison will remain closed. Whether we like it or not, it is being done for everyone's safety.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  02:15:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If anyone knows any inside information about the status of Gunnison in the next several days to come,I would appreciate hearing about it.We want to spend a few days there during the week of the 12th,but don't care to drive the four hours,just to be turned away.

Thanks!

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  09:32:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
www.nps.gov/gate

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/5172004/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  05:55:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It doesn't look good. The past week's rain added more to the flooding. I heard that it not only needs to dry out but new sand needs to be pumped in(not sure how reliable that info is). Pics that my wife is seeing online do not look good.When asked about converting North Beach to clothing optional the response was NO!

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 09/11/2011 :  03:26:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
This situation stinks...There are nice days ahead of us,and nowhere CO to go.

I like being there in September most of all.The water is still warm,the crowds are manageable on weekends,and it's really fun to have the dogs there.Not gonna happen this year,it seems.

I wonder if the NPS has dropped the ball on this one,too?I'm guessing that's there's plenty of sand left to the south.Gunnison a bit of a walk from Fishing Beach,and there is very little parking available there,but it appears doable to me.

Bad business decision,to close the most popular beach on Sandy Hook without a decent Plan B in place.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  1:23:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to the Gateway NPS Facebook page, Gunnison is open, but only accessable from North Beach. I called Sandy Hook, and the person I spoke to said that Gunnison is still closed. This is beyond confusing. Anyone else hear any rumors, or can confirm one way or the other about Gunnison being opened? Thanks for any info. BareNJ

Edited by - BARENJGUY33 on 09/12/2011 8:42:46 PM

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 09/13/2011 :  01:40:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I noticed today that the NPS is coming out publicly with the proposed fee increases of 100% for next year.

Use Balto's link above to access their site,and find the email link to comment on that,if you have an issue with it.(I do.)

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 09/13/2011 :  08:45:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the Gateway facebook page, posted 22hrs ago, Gunnison plaza and White Road is still flooded but you can access Gunnison from North Beach parking lot.

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 09/13/2011 :  9:29:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I called the park service office at about 4:30 this afternoon. According to the person I spoke with, Gunnison Beach is open but the parking lot is closed. You must park at North Beach and walk down. Based on that information I hope to be there tomorrow. If any other members plan to be there send me a message or email. Maybe we can meet up. Weather looks pretty good for tomorrow...

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 09/14/2011 :  02:22:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you.

Gunnison was probably accessible by foot from both the north and south,right after Irene...About time they allowed people to WALK there,FCS.

Let us know how it is,please?We are shooting for one more trip to Jersey before it gets too cold.

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 09/15/2011 :  01:41:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, here’s the deal… Gunnison Beach is, in fact open, however, the parking lot and all roads leading to it are closed. The lot itself is fine as is the pavilion area, but at the end of the boardwalk is a huge “lake” and you can’t get onto the beach.

To get to Gunnison you have to continue north, passed Gunnison Road, go up through Fort Hancock and make your way over to North Beach. Park in that lot and walk down to Gunnison along the beach. It’s a long walk, but today (Wednesday) it was worth it. The weather was beautiful… mid 80s, plenty of sun.

I heard that tomorrow they might open up the Gunnison lot and use a secondary entrance to the beach, further south. That’s just something I heard… can’t verify it.

Anyway, it’s going to be on the cool side for a few days before warming back up. The current forecast for the weekend of the 24th and 25th is very good. That’s the next time I plan to go… hope to see some of you there.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 09/15/2011 :  01:54:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the report; it's very much appreciated.

If Lot G is open for use,there's no reason people can't park there and walk on a bit to the south and between the dunes at the back of the beach,to where the Rangers drive their trucks into Gunnison.(It's that sandy "road" right off the nearest rotary by the bathrooms.)Should be high and dry there.

We're going to attempt this later on,but only if we have some assurance from local folks that it's doable...Jerseysomething is our go-to guy right now!

Thanks again.

Edited by - Fishman81 on 09/15/2011 01:58:25 AM

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 09/17/2011 :  03:27:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Today,my English-as-a-second-language-friend told me that she called the NPS at Sandy Hook,and they told her that Lot G was open,but with a slight walking detour to the south to access Gunnison.

The coming weekend looks a bit chilly,but perhaps a few nice days remain us in beautiful NJ.We will certainly be there,if we see even a short window of warm weather ahead of us.

If any of you decide to go any time soon,kindly post your updates.Thanks!

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 09/17/2011 :  12:51:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fishman81...

That's what I heard on the beach during the week and confirmed on the Park web site: http://www.nps.gov/gate/index.htm.

I hope to be there next Sunday if the weather holds up. Will stay in touch.

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.46 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved