Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 200 ]  [ Total: 200 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 09/26/2011 :  08:33:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just read on a post on FB that everything is back to normal at Gunnison. The road leading in is open, and you can access the beach by the regular route from Lot G. Now, all we need are some warm sunny days in Oct. and we all can be nudists again. LOL

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  02:32:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like we're in for a rare beach weekend in October.

Accuweather is predicting mid-to-high 70s,little or no wind,and "abundant sunshine"...Furthermore,the NODC's buoy at SH has the water temp at over 68,which is quite doable for swimming.

Having a hard time finding anyone else who's able to make the trip,so I might have to go it alone...But what the heck,it's gonna be a looong winter!

Anyone else planning to see what Irene has wrought,and thereby extend the summer?

RnRBandit

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  1:02:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you think anyone will be at SH Tuesday? Was anyone there yesterday, Sunday

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  02:29:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Was there all weekend, and the place was pretty crowded.It's a gift, to have this weather in October.(Lots of dogs and kids there, too, which always makes people behave better,IMO.)

Great weekend.The water wasn't too cold (maybe 67 F),and Irene hadn't messed the place up too badly at all.(Though she DID deposit many treasures of the deep WAAAAY up the beach, some of which are very sharp egg-sacs of some sort...So watch your step!)

The signage is still up, but for some obscure reason, a lot of naked people decided to invade the clothed area.

They seemed to be behaving placidly enough, but the NPS trucks showed up with bullhorns to herd them back where they belonged!Had never seen that before.It was pretty comical.

If you go, write a report if you have the time.There won't be many more this season. :(

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  1:45:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Obviously the NPS is way over funded. I'm telling my Congressperson that they need a 50% cut in budget.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 12/22/2011 :  09:58:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Holidays to all my nudist friends here. Just a bit of info, on Jan. 8th at noon at Gunnison, the annual Polar Bare Plunge will be held, weather permitting. I am seriously thinking of making my first ever trip down and dip in the Atlantic as nude as the day I was born. Hope to see a few of you there. Be Safe, BareNJ

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  03:16:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, but that's just insane..!

Have a great time freezing half to death, and let us know how the event went.

(I have never understood how people endured that.)

HomeNudist
Forum Member

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  05:45:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would be afraid of the shrinkage lasting until April . . .

nudewalker
Forum Member

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  12:43:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If only I didn't live so far away! I've done many polar bear swims for charity usually wearing a Speedo or some silly costume. Since I have always wanted to do a nude polar swim but afraid to attempt it by myself and that's the only way it's going to get done around here. Good luck to all and please report on the event.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  8:19:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Gang!!! Hope everyone had a quiet and snow free winter like we did here in northern NJ. Just got word that there probably will be a pass increase at Sandy Hook. Not confirmed yet on the NPS site, but word is they will charge $15 per day, and $75 per season. Not bad considering there was talk of doubling the price from what it has been the last few years. I'll stay on top of it and keep you all up to date. C'mon summer, get here soon!!!! BareNJ

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 03/13/2012 :  01:51:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The only real positive about the fee increase IMO is that it might keep the weekend crowds in check.

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 03/13/2012 :  07:40:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another positive (if they have a way of measuring how many of those coming through the gate go to Gunnison), would show other states that nudism generates revenue.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 03/14/2012 :  1:30:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's official, just saw the fee increase on the NPS site. It will be $15 per day, and $75 per season. Over sized vehicles will pay more, and they are offering a discount for seniors. Check NPS.gov to see the changes and their explanation as to why it has been increased. I have no problem with it, seems over due actually.

BeachCouple38
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2012 :  9:23:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can't wait for warm weather and the beach. Just not looking forward to all the wind screens. It always seems like just our luck that not long after we get settled someone comes along and changes our beautiful view of the ocean to a view of the back of a wind screen.

Edited by - BeachCouple38 on 03/23/2012 9:26:32 PM

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 03/24/2012 :  12:59:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If you go there at slack- or ebb-tide, you can set up right on the water, and avoid the obstructions.

(It's worth buying a local paper to find out about that.)

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 1.29 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved