Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 205 ]  [ Total: 205 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 03/24/2012 :  09:42:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know what you mean about the wind screens. I only get to go to Gunnison once per year because we do not live close by, but we travel light, so if we need to relocate to move closer or further from the water, we can do so easily.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 03/25/2012 :  02:14:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I despise the windscreens as much as the next guy, but I carry one, myself... They are just a necessary evil on a cool and breezy day there.

I don't often set mine up, but I when I do, I always ask anyone close to us if they mind. (And while no one has said that they do, they all probably hate me for it anyway.)

The whole endeavor is hit-or-miss most of the time.. "Location" is a key element in Life, and Gunnison is a perfect example of how that works.

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 04/10/2012 :  4:55:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would love to have a wind screen set up in front of me right now...it would mean I was on the beach enjoying the sun and surf. Even a wind screen can't take the joy out of that.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 04/11/2012 :  11:46:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do understand the use of wind screens by some, and I am a bit tolerant about it. I just have an issue when a single person, or a couple, take up yards of space they never use. The only space I use is what I need for my chair, my cooler and my body. I've never been one to say this is my space, stay away from it and me. You want extra space, go sit in the back, where there is always plenty of room. And, if you're using one for privacy, stay home. Since when is it allowed to make a private space on public land? People seem to have this sense of entitlement, I paid for my pass, so i can do what I want. Do whats accepted and whats best for everyone. We are a unique group, lets work together.

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 04/11/2012 :  3:28:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BARENJGUY33

I do understand the use of wind screens by some, and I am a bit tolerant about it. I just have an issue when a single person, or a couple, take up yards of space they never use. The only space I use is what I need for my chair, my cooler and my body. I've never been one to say this is my space, stay away from it and me. You want extra space, go sit in the back, where there is always plenty of room. And, if you're using one for privacy, stay home. Since when is it allowed to make a private space on public land? People seem to have this sense of entitlement, I paid for my pass, so i can do what I want. Do whats accepted and whats best for everyone. We are a unique group, lets work together.

Well said and I agree completely. It's one thing when it is windy, to offer some protection from blowing sand, but another to claim your turf, especially a huge chunk for only one or two people. The times when it makes more sense that I have seen is when a larger group is getting together and the first few there can set up an area so that when the rest of their group show up, they can all be together, but better still...like you said...set up in the back or at least further from the water where there is more room.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  03:16:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree, guys...

I have the minimum size WS (maybe 15' ?), which I erect only on chilly days. I find that reasonable.

On the other hand, staking out 30 yards of waterfront and then wandering off for the rest of the day to find the party is just plain rude.

My idea is that the NPS should tear down unattended WSs > 15'in length! :-)

BeachCouple38
Forum Member

Posted - 04/13/2012 :  9:59:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of the things we enjoy most about the beach is the beautiful view of the ocean and the waves. We find it to be very calming and it makes a day off at the beach very relaxing. Someone puting up a windscreen directly in front of us is like sitting in a movie theatre behind some dolt wearing a hat. It would be nice if these people who feel the need for a windscreen would just be considerate and set up towards the back half of the beach.

Schroder
Forum Member

Posted - 05/06/2012 :  2:46:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Schroder a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I don't like either when somebody sets up a windscreen or tent near the water and blocks your view. Last year I thought about collecting signatures on a document asking the NPS to consider a rule that would keep them a certain distance back on the beach (I think it would be much better if they were presented with signatures instead of just asking the NPS by ones self). But my problem is that I can't come to Gunnison often enough because of my long drive and decided to shelf the idea.

Does anybody think Friends of Gunnison could be of help? They are a group that I've always had mixed feelings about but they claim to have some rapport with the NPS. I'm sure they won't hear a word that I might try to utter, but maybe someone closer to them would think it's worth running by them.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 05/07/2012 :  1:33:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure if FOG would be of help. Yes, they do have some connection with the NPS, but if I'm right, they also use wind screens where they set up. Of course, it never hurts to ask, but I have no connection with them at all. Seems like you would get maybe half the regulars that go. The screens do seem to be popping up more every summer. I'm against anything that blocks my view of the ocean.

palmer
Forum Member

Posted - 05/14/2012 :  11:46:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Almost beach season again. I hope the sun is hot enough to make those damned windscreens burst into flames when there is no wind blowing to cool them down.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 05/15/2012 :  02:27:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone on here been there yet?

(We had to resort to Haulover last week, because we simply could not wait to get our hair wet.)

Carlover227
Forum Member

Posted - 05/16/2012 :  2:41:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not much of a beach person myself, either a nude beach person or textile beach person, but I do like to go every once in a while. I can deffinately understand what you guys are getting at with the whole windscreen issue. It is funny, because you don't really see them for the most part at many textile beaches. I have a LOT of beaches where I live, which is about 20 minutes from Gunnison Beach (I know, lucky me ). What's the point of going to a nude beach, going nude, and then setting up a windscreen? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose? Then again, you're going to find at least some rude people almost anywhere you go.

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 05/16/2012 :  7:46:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Making my annual trip to Gunnison in about a month. Hope the weather is good.

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 05/20/2012 :  07:20:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The wife and I took a stroll on Gunnison this past Wednesday. It was gorgeous, only a dozen people on the beach. As you can see, we use a beach screen. A little privacy is the first reason. When we first starting going,I caught and confronted a couple of pervs taking pics of the wife. We also bring a portable radio and while we keep it volume low, the windscreen helps with not disturbing our beach neighbors. As for FOG helping out with the petition, they disbanded this past winter from lack of membership. The economy hit them pretty hard, membership renewal was almost non-existence. Also, some of the Fog crowd are the ones that set up the multiple screens.

kacinpa
Forum Member

Posted - 05/23/2012 :  9:54:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The wife and i will be heading over to Gunnison this Saturday. Not sure what to expect on Memorial Day weekend, but due to our schedules we don't have another open weekend day until July!

We are going to try to get there by 8:30 and hopefully make it before things fill up.

I understand the issue with the windscreens, it seems like some folks set up little fortresses around themselves! We do set up a small 1/2 tent sun shade on the beach, but we try to set up behind the majority of people. I just can't take all day in the sun and need the shade and the tent thing we have packs up in a small package vs. a beach umbrella.

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 2 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved