Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 123 ]  [ Total: 123 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Resorts - Naturist Resorts, Nudism Places
 Romantic / Adult-Oriented Nudist Resort Directory
 Terra Cotta Inn
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Manila resorts Topic Next Topic: nude resorts in IL or MO
Page: of 4

CalTom
Forum Member

Posted - 12/20/2006 :  7:14:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I just returned to Southern California for Christmas and New Years. Over the next couple of weeks we intend to drive out to the Palm Springs area to investigate a rumor we've been hearing, namely that the beloved Terra Cotta Inn is up for sale.

We hope it's not true. Tom and Mary Clare have always been great hosts and (in our opinion) their resort was perfect for those times when a couple wanted a romantic weekend without the larger and slightly more hectic scale of - - - . Romantic intimacy doesn't require a nudist nightclub or a gourmet nudist restaurant. For 12 years the Mulhalls have run a tight little ship without growth aspirations to become a nudist resort version of the Queen Mary II.

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 12/20/2006 :  8:38:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please let us know as to what is happening.

My wife and I are planning a two week trip to Palm Springs, and Terra Cotta was going to be in our plans. We have never stayed there, but we heard and read nothing but great things.

We generally stay at DS,and we will be staying there again for a period of time including the weekends.

We were hoping to spend the mid week at Terr Cotta, so let us know what is happening.

Thank you,

Cookie

dave00
Forum Member

Posted - 12/20/2006 :  9:01:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The last time I was there was last March, but at the time Tom said that the TCI was always for sale for the right price. He had an offer but the financing fell through. It's only a matter of time before the right offer with adequate financing comes along. In the meantime I would highly recommend it. Have been there twice now and wouldn't hesitate to return.

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  08:53:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dave00

The last time I was there was last March, but at the time Tom said that the TCI was always for sale for the right price.

That wouldn't suprise me if that was the case. I have been reading their blog (http://terracottainn.blogspot.com/) and haven't heard anything there either.

CalTom
Forum Member

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  12:23:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thank you for the blog link, bornnude. Since I posted on 12/20, I found a commercial property website with TCI's asking price, $3.1 million. http://innmarketing.com/listing.php/960/

Edited by - CalTom on 12/21/2006 12:24:58 PM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  4:29:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/friendsoftheterracottainn

This might be a way to keep in touch
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

tcotta

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  5:33:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit tcotta's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,
One of my guests e-mailed me about this thread and I thought I would post.

I normally do not post here as I don't want to be seen as spamming for my resort. However, since there does seem to be a concern, I thought I would let everyone hear from me directly instead of speculating.

Mary Clare and I have owned the Terra Cotta Inn for 12 years. In the time we have been open, we have had 3 serious offers (contracts with financing pending) to buy the hotel. The closest we came to selling was in May 2005. Their financing fell through.

The first serious offer was maybe 4 or 5 years ago. When the first guests came to us with an offer, we went to a commercial real estate broker. I know how to run a resort, but don't know how to do a transaction for selling it.

Thus, we have had an open listing to sell for 4 or 5 years. This way, when guests talk to me and say "Tom it would be so much fun to run the Terra Cotta Inn, I want to buy it," I give them the name of Rick Elliott, the commercial broker and he tells the guests the financial facts of life.

I am sure someday some guest will be financially qualified and buy our resort. We are not the only 2 nice people in the world.

I am in no hurry to sell and we are constantly improving the hotel. So you can feel confident in booking with us.

And anyone who wants to make me an offer I can't refuse, I will be happy to let you talk with our broker. I hope this clears up everything. If anyone wants to personally e-mail me feel free to do so at tom@sunnyfun.com. Or post here.

I started a blog about 6 months ago writing interesting things about nude recreation, celebrities and nudity, our resort, vacationing, etc. It is http://terracottainn.blogspot.com

Finally, if someone every bought The Terra Cotta Inn, We would tell everyone. So don't worry, feel free booking with us as you will have your best vacation ever here in sunny Palm Springs.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  9:34:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom, Nice that you posted here. Welcome. Feel free to post on any subject at any time.

You are a very nice person, having met you personally a few years back and from all reports from my club members and others, you run a first class resort.

Hugs & happy holidays,
Cheri

-
-

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 12/22/2006 :  12:49:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Mr. tcotta,

I hope you're ready for us this coming Superbowl Sunday!!

The "Trouble Makers" are so looking forward to our annual visit, our potluck dinner in the patio and consuming mass quantities of libations with you again, just like last year!

We miss you guys lots and can't wait to see you.

The Fireman and The Professor!!

A&D

tcotta

Posted - 12/23/2006 :  01:00:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit tcotta's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Fireman and Prof,

Ho, Ho, Ho, Merry Christmas. You know, if you are too naughty, Santa is going to make the Bears beat San Diego in the Super Bowl. I miss you guys too, and can't wait to see you again. Tom

iowanudist
Forum Member

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  10:20:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit iowanudist's Homepage  Send iowanudist an AOL message  Send iowanudist a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm friends with the owners of this INN on flickr. They seem to be very nice people and it seems to be a very nice resort. If I was going that way then I would be sure to stop by!

inlovex

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  3:33:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband and I have been looking at places to visit. The Terra Cotta Inn came up as a place to visit. Truthfully... What is honest opinions.

We want to relax and enjoy eachother romantically.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  11:56:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom & Mary Clare run a first class resort. Everything is wonderful. They also have a Yahoo group to which I belong. It's like coming home with each visit.
Cheri

-
http://pages.prodigy/cheridonna

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  2:27:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by inlovex

My husband and I have been looking at places to visit. The Terra Cotta Inn came up as a place to visit. Truthfully... What is honest opinions.

We want to relax and enjoy eachother romantically.

With all due respect........can we cut to the chase and ask.....what does..."enjoy each other romantically," mean?

As Cheri stated...Tom and Mary Clare run a first class operation. The Inn is clean, well maintained grounds, small...intimate crowd where you can meet others that are also naturists/nudists but....

they do not cater to a swinger cliental. Overt sexual activity on the grounds, in the open, in the pool or in the spa (hot tub) are not tolerated. We are frequent visitors and I will tell you that I have seen them ask couples to leave for their actions that were inappropriate.

My wife and I go and have a very romantic stay but keep all of the other things besides hugging, mild kissing and slight pats on the butt....confined to our room.

The Terra Cotta Inn has a couple of rooms with private patios where a couple can be..."more romantic" but they are not in view of the other guests.

Hope this answers your questions and I didn't offend you by answering in this direction.

FP

terracottafan

Posted - 12/19/2008 :  4:29:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband and I have been to the Terra Cotta and it is a wonderful resort - friendly, intimate. Tom and Mary Clare are fabulous hosts and most of their business is repeat guests. We go back as much as we can and never go away without having enjoyed ourselves immensely. I think you would get this response from 99% of their guests.

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Manila resorts Topic Next Topic: nude resorts in IL or MO  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.25 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved