Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 209 ]  [ Total: 209 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Resorts - Naturist Resorts, Nudism Places
 Romantic / Adult-Oriented Nudist Resort Directory
 Terra Cotta Inn
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Manila resorts Topic Next Topic: nude resorts in IL or MO
Page: of 4

Whoneedssunscreenhub
Forum Member

Posted - 05/28/2009 :  3:35:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I had been to Desire in Cabo once (before evil aliens turned it into something called a “Temptation” Resort.) We had been to several of the allegedly “European” style pools in Las Vegas. However, we wanted to experience something relatively close to our home where we could simply relax in the sun sans textiles and without any surrounding craziness. TCI was perfect.

The owners Tom and Mary Clare were simply wonderful, and you can order lunch from a nearby restaurant for a very good price. The moment we arrived, we felt completely comfortable, even though our only other "naturist" experience had been at Desire. The people and the ambience are absolutely five stars. The service is personable and cute. Tom in only his bowtie handing out wine at 4:00 p.m. every day is a charming ritual.

The whole time we were there we felt the warmth of the people around us, but no one bothered us. While the Vegas scene can be fun, the pool boys/drunken droolers can be a little annoying at times. At the Terra Cotta Inn, my wife and I just lay around, floated in the pool, and occasionally gabbed with our fellow sun-worshippers when we felt social. The whole experience felt completely safe, refreshing and relaxing.

We loved it, and we immediately booked a return trip. If you are a naturist, I can't imagine a better place. If you want to try it for the first time, it has to be the very best place for a newbie.

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 05/28/2009 :  4:28:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Terra Cotta is a great place. Anyone see it was on a recent reality show on MTV. My daughter told me about the show. It was called "New York goes to Work" Although the show itself is just another one of those crap reality shows, since it featured a legit nudist venue that we all know and respect, I wanted to watch it and see how they portrayed the resort as well as nudism. The basic idea of the show is that this woman (New York) works different, out of the ordinary jobs each week, and if the business owner thinks she completes her duties well, she gets $10,000.(Of course from the show producers not the business)

In this episode she was to be a nudist resort employee for a day. The "actress" herself is a very rude, crass sort of woman anyway, so of course she began the show right away focusing on how "weird" it was that everyone was nekkid ( Im spelling naked just how she pronounced it, if you know what i mean)

AS the episode went on, she worked with the housekeeper, and helped the owners "host" a luau for the guests. All in all Im sure it was huge publicity for the resort. You should all find it on your Tivo and watch it. Even if "reality tv" makes you sick, as it does me..this ones worth 30 min of your time.

BTW..Tom the owner didnt say she desereved the 10k at the end. Watch it youll see why:)

Jenn

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/28/2009 :  5:32:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Jenn,

Been to GE lately? We joined and try and get there, together, every other weekend. I go, by myself cuz the Prof's still working, 2-3 times a week and walk up and down those roads for an hour!!

In regards to TCI and New York Goes to Work; As everyone knows it's a reality series and for those that have been to TCI...she or obnoxious guests, acting the way they did, would not be tolerated. It's a TV show and the Producers and Directors need to spice up the action so...you can imagine what was left in and what is on the cutting room floor.

T & MC did talk alot about naturism and the place but as you can see, for those that saw the episode, they cut those portions out cuz it wasn't funny or didn't make fun of naturism or the guests.

I can tell you that according to Tom, they have had some positive response from the episode from younger people. Last time I talked to him he had book 2 or 3 young couples that had never been before and saw the show and are now curious and booked a stay. That's a plus!

Maybe see you at the club Jenn!

FP

Whoneedssunscreenhub
Forum Member

Posted - 05/29/2009 :  12:23:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey folks!

Here is the link to the T.V. show! My wife looked it up. Tom was great! That woman had a chance to get paid $10,000.00 for one day of work in paradise, and she couldn't even bring a good attitude. Tom was absolutely correct when he refused to pay her.

http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?id=1611923&vid=393665

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2009 :  01:12:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it was a good clip, my wife didn't think terra cotta was real but after being told it was in palm springs she wanted to go

gbanude
Forum Member

Posted - 07/22/2009 :  12:10:34 PM  Show Profile  Send gbanude an AOL message  Send gbanude a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by allnaturalwife

Terra Cotta is a great place. Anyone see it was on a recent reality show on MTV. My daughter told me about the show. It was called "New York goes to Work" Although the show itself is just another one of those crap reality shows, since it featured a legit nudist venue that we all know and respect, I wanted to watch it and see how they portrayed the resort as well as nudism. The basic idea of the show is that this woman (New York) works different, out of the ordinary jobs each week, and if the business owner thinks she completes her duties well, she gets $10,000.(Of course from the show producers not the business)

In this episode she was to be a nudist resort employee for a day. The "actress" herself is a very rude, crass sort of woman anyway, so of course she began the show right away focusing on how "weird" it was that everyone was nekkid ( Im spelling naked just how she pronounced it, if you know what i mean)

AS the episode went on, she worked with the housekeeper, and helped the owners "host" a luau for the guests. All in all Im sure it was huge publicity for the resort. You should all find it on your Tivo and watch it. Even if "reality tv" makes you sick, as it does me..this ones worth 30 min of your time.

BTW..Tom the owner didnt say she desereved the 10k at the end. Watch it youll see why:)

Jenn

Hi Jenn,
Mary Clare told me that they filmed for 12hrsand edited down to 20min. In hindsight, she said she would not do it again.
GBA

Islandluvr

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  01:01:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello. Hubby and I are looking for someplace to go for our 2nd nudist resort visit. TCI sounds pefect. Can anyone tell me the best time to go for warm weather but not too hot and fewer people? Not sure if he's ready for a crowd yet. Our first experience was at a B&B in Mexico with only 2 other couples. Thanks

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  01:28:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Palm Springs rarely gets the kind of weather we, Southern California, just got a dose of. Rain, heavy rain, that closed Palm Springs Airport but...looks like PS is back to it's usual climate and is really nice in March, April and May. June...we get June gloom on the coast and sometimes inland (overcast, cool) but PS still is nice.

Depending on when you go...it can be anywhere from 68+ - low 80's until you get closer to summer than it can get pretty warm. We've been there when it's 110 and hotter.

Terra Cotta Inn has two rooms with private patios for those that are a bit..."shy"... at first. Rooms 21 and 34 have private patios where you can lounge nude, by yourselves, and come out when you feel more comfortable around others.

Fewer people... TCI is usually always busy with the exception of January/Feb. It can get quiet there because it can be a bit cooler in PS during those 4-5 weeks. We vacation there during that time and last year....we had a whole week of temps in the 80's. This year...rain, wind, cool temps for a couple days then sun and temps in the high 60's low 70's.

It'll be crowded during those months of March, April and May....even in summer the weekends can get crowded as well. It's only 17 rooms and Tom and Mary Clare limit the amount of day use guests so the place isn't so crowded you feel...crowded!

Crowded means....it's a great place and lots of people like going there. We've met life long friends at TCI and have been vacationing there and other places together for over 6 years.

Great owners, great staff....great place.

Edited by - FireProf on 02/23/2010 01:29:37 AM

Whoneedssunscreenhub
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2010 :  9:38:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One additional thing. If the wife is worried about crowds, she never has to worry about the Terra Cotta Inn. Even when it is completely full, it feels small and safe and relaxing. You simply could not find a better place.

Whoneedssunscreenhub
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2010 :  9:39:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooops! We meant to say "hubby' not wife. In any event, you never have to worry about a crowd at TCI.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2010 :  10:20:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I worry quite a bit about the crowds at TCI.

Sometimes it's so crowded....I can't get a room!

LOL.......

Arcadia
Forum Member

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  2:26:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arcadia's Homepage  Click to see Arcadia's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blkcpl4luv

We are going to Terra Cotta Inn, in Palm Springs soon. We are looking to hear from others, who have been there. we are excited about this trip.

I have been to Terra Cotta in December when most craving sun and found it a lovely place to relax by the pool and meet others. Tom knows hospitality welcome. What is cute is the earlier message on a person wanting drizzle and not too much heat. You can always head up to Arcadia, Shelton, WA for both winter and summer..weather is certainly drizzly in the winter and surely cooler than Palm Springs in summer. It is all relevant. Arcadia has Pacific Northwest tall cedars and Greek swimming pool. Terra Cotta has sun all year long. Kathy Owner of Arcadia. lol

Whoneedssunscreenhub
Forum Member

Posted - 03/21/2010 :  10:16:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FireProf:

Precisely! It can never get too crowded at TCI because there are only so many rooms. Of course, those rooms tend to sell out when the wife and I are dying to spend a naked weekend in the desert!

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 03/21/2010 :  11:21:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've been steared toward two other places if TCI is crowded but...if we can't stay at TCI and we don't feel like staying at - - - ...we just go home.

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 03/30/2010 :  10:10:07 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I just watched the "New York goes to Work" VH1 episode. Man, could they have found a more obnoxious person (although the overweight gay guest gave her a run for her money). But that's TV. Reminded me a lot of Simple Life (which I sadly have to admit I watched once). I got a kick out of the fact that I'm sure "New York" thinks she's the epitome of a sophisticated and hip person, and yet she comes across as an uptight prude. Has she never seen a "wiener" before?

In any case, TCI and it's owners do come across in a positive way, so all was not lost...

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Manila resorts Topic Next Topic: nude resorts in IL or MO  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 3.11 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved