Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 140 ]  [ Total: 140 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Resorts - Naturist Resorts, Nudism Places
 Romantic / Adult-Oriented Nudist Resort Directory
 Been to Punta Serena?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Some destinations may NOT be suitable for children Topic Next Topic: single nudism
Page: of 2

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 11/14/2005 :  10:52:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone visited Punta Serena near Manzanillo, Mexico? While not totally nudist, it has clothing optional beaches and pools. I'd like to hear from someone who has been there.

Doc

Jan Ricard

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  3:50:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i've been there. i thought the views were beautiful, food very good, service very good. I would recommend going with other people because it was Very quiet with nobody to talk to all week

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  8:27:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Nobody to talk to all week?" You say that like it's a bad thing! A few idyllic days with nobody but my sweet (and naked) wife to talk to ... if that ain't Heaven, it must be right across the hall from it.

Jan Ricard

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  08:56:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i agree it was wonderful to have a resort to ourselves for a few days, but in 10 days, we could have used some other input to conversations. We did enjoy it and are hoping they didn't get hit by the hurricane this week.

buzzsaw60

Posted - 09/23/2008 :  2:26:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought that I'd freshen this thread up a bit. This resort is not for everyone, but if it fits, it fits extremely well.

This resort is not a party resort. It has about 27 rooms and the atmosphere is very intimate and low-key. Most of the other guests were couples whose ages ranged from 30-60. It is very popular with the younger professionals from Guadalajara or Puerto Vallarta and there were typically 30% American/Canadian. The other guests are friendly and we might share some after-dinner drinks with another couple but if you are really gregarious and love making new friends, this is not a good fit. The other guests are, like us, here to spend time with their lover (in my case my wife of 22 years) or just chill and most everyone would typically respect each-other’s space.

The beach is a short walk down from the bluff. They have a couple of those four-post king-sized loungers there and plenty of palapas. The beach is a 200-300 yards long. We rarely saw more than one or two other couples on it and often had the entire beach to ourselves. Hint: With a little hunting around you can find a cooler laying around. The staff will happily fill it with ice, beer, wine, soda or even margaritas. Similarly, the kitchen will pack your lunch for the beach if you want. They do a great job.

On our first visit, the only clothing optional areas were the beach and the hot-tubs. CO has been expanded to include the pool area and the lounge deck. This is a terrific improvement. The view from the infinity pool is spectacular and the staff will keep your glass full all day with out you having to bother getting out.

The clothing optional areas are just that and you will see people in swim-suits as often as not and no-one is uncomfortable either way. This is actually a superb first-timers resort.

On our first trip the food was superb. On our last trip, the food was awful for the first few days and then, suddenly, quite good again. We asked about that… new chef. I guess that the chefs will come and go and we are subject to the luck of the draw. After dinner, the resort is ideally suited for some conversation and drinks under the glorious Mexican-Pacific stars. If some Frank Sinatra were playing, my wife and I were not too shy for a dance under those stars but don’t confuse this with a club. Clothing is required in the dining room. For diner, most guests troubled to wear a dress or slacks and nicer shirt.

The bluff-side rooms are worth the upgrade if it is in your budget. The rooms themselves are nice. The plumbing is a bit old and dodgy at times and house-keeping was fair. Our sink never had hot water for the duration. It never bothered us but if this stuff gets you in a twist… beware. The staff is usually earnest and attentive. They generally do not speak English so brush up on your high-school Spanish.

There is not much to do here so you better like the person you go with. My wife and I spent seven days reading, strolling naked on the beach, sketching, eating lunch poolside or on the beach. The neighboring resort provides activities such horse back riding, jungle cruises and such. We never went and never got a sense from those who did that it was worth it.

Remember that this is all-inclusive. That means breakfast, lunch, dinner, and all drinks (soft & alcohol) are included. Our trip for two, including air-fare from LAX was about $2,500. which I think is a great deal. We have forgotten how to slow down and be with ourselves but if you are up for that, this is a great place to give it a try.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 09/24/2008 :  08:48:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Way to go, Buzz! Just what I wanted to hear.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 09/24/2008 :  12:52:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, buzzsaw60, for a great trip report!

WHASP

Posted - 12/19/2008 :  11:08:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great review buzzsaw60
My wife and I are trying to plan a trip and with limited funds we are looking at Blue bay Resort beside Punta serina.
Everthing I read is the clothing optional beach is not on the Punta Serena propery. If anyone has been there and noticed people from the other resort if it is a short walk we would be very interested in the beach to relax. They are owned by the same company so maybee there is a day pass. Thanks for any info

Edited by - WHASP on 12/19/2008 1:24:31 PM

buzzsaw60

Posted - 12/30/2008 :  6:00:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Whasp,

Technically, (I think) all mexican beaches are "public." In Punta Serena's case, this "public" beach is very private - the only apparent access is from the resort itself. To get to the C/O beach from Blue Bay (or anywhere else for that matter) you would have to walk through the the Punta Serena Resort. I imagine that you could get to the beach by just casually strolling through but I don't know what their policy is. The resort staff will never come down to the beach much less patrol for "visitors." Because this is an all-inclusive, I think that they care more if you are hanging out by the pool, eating & drinking. All guests are given a wrist band to identify you as ligit. I suggest that you e-mail them asking them what their policy is.

I added a pic that I took on our way back to the airport. Punta Serena is perched on the point. The buildings nearest to the beach are the Villa Suites overlooking the ocean. Note the trail leading down to the beach. Look carefully and you can see some of the Palapas' The buildings to the right are the reglular room. Also, you can see one of the jaccuzzi's nested into the bluff just below the resort.

Blue Bay is behind the point. You can see that they have a very nice beach of their own but not C/O. There is just no other way to the beach except from Punta Serena. Blue Bay is a very different resort. It is larger and family friendly (e.g. noisier.) I would be circumspect about looking to Blue Bay as an economic "back door." to Punta Serenta.

My wife and I are headed back in spring. If I catch you on the beach, your secret is safe with us.

Good Luck

buzzsaw60

Posted - 12/30/2008 :  6:02:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I posted a pic but it isn't showing. I'll try here again. If not, please advise.

Thanks

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 12/11/2012 :  7:51:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see on Tripadvisor that Punta Serena has made some changes. They now have an actual bar down at the beach, so you don't have to schlep a cooler down the stairs. But for some reason, even though the beach remains C/O, the pool and hot tub have gone textile. This diminishes my enthusiasm somewhat, but I may still give it a try, since it does have the advantage of being a lot closer for us Pacific Northwesterners than Club O or Paya Bay. It's just a shame there aren't ANY nude beach resorts in the US.

justsum

Posted - 02/10/2013 :  2:27:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with you on the no beach resorts in the US Doc. I think a change of attitude for the prude is in order.
You said the pool and hot tub have gone textile, I just looked at thier website and it said
"Clothing-optional settings (beach & pool area)"

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2013 :  10:14:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the home page of their website, it says "Clothing optional only at our exclusive private beach. " In addition, recent reviews on TripAdvisor also state that the beach is the only C/O part of the resort. To me, that's not a deal-breaker, but I wish they'd left it the way it was.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 10/23/2015 :  2:01:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like Punta Serena and the entire coast from Manzanillo up to Puerto Vallarta are about to get smashed by an unbelievably powerful hurricane. We're talking about sustained 200 mph winds, which is nearly unheard of. One can only hope that the people along the coast can get to safety somewhere inland. Riding this one out is not an option.

Punta Serena has been on my Bucket List for a while, but with a Category 5 storm like Patricia, it may be years (if ever) before the the beach is restored and the resort reopened. It's tough being a Naturist when Nature acts like this.

MrsAzLagoon
Forum Member

Posted - 10/23/2015 :  6:00:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit MrsAzLagoon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Doc, The hosts of our B&B near Guadalajara went to Punta Serena last year. They enjoyed the beach and only had negative comments about the stairs leading to the beach...I guess it's quite a climb for folks of our general vintage. Sadly, the pool and hot tub are textile. They said 80+ of the guests are Mexican Nationals...most from Guadalajara when they were there. We were going to try and stay there on the trip we made down to our B&B in April, but they were full!

Hoping the beach and resort are still intact!

Enjoy the sunshine!

MrsAZLagoon-AKA C-OHome
www.ClothingOptionalHomeNetwork.com

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2015 :  2:23:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The stairs at Punta Serena can't be any more daunting than the ones at Wreck Beach ... can they?

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Some destinations may NOT be suitable for children Topic Next Topic: single nudism  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.74 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved