Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 233 ]  [ Total: 233 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Is There A Nude Beach In ... ?
 SW Ontario
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Is There anywhere to be nude near Marathon Fl? Topic Next Topic: Cuba
Page: of 11

nakedbrian

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  7:59:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only ownership change was that the original owner died and left the property to his son and family. The son doesn't mind the nude bathers as long as the beach stays clean and there is no sexual activity. On a typical weekday there are between 30 to 40 people who come to the beach. On a weekend (this July 1st weekend) there were 150 people. I try to get to the beach as often as possible. Some of the regulars have been using this beach for 30 years, with the exception of a few years when the original owner didn't want them on his property. The fastest way to get to Port Burwell from the 401 is to take exit 216 south in Ingersol . Drive on Culloden Rd about 1/2 hour to Nova Scotia Line and turn left(you're close when you see the windmills). The park is about 5 km further. Park admission is now about $12.
It's a nice beach, very few rocks and the water is shallow and safe for swimming. Arrive early to get the choice spots. The regulars are friendly and helpful. The beach is populated with people of all ages and on weekends, a family or two will show up.

doggiemum

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  7:46:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I used to work at the provincial park. There is an actual parks boundary sign as you head West. I believe once you're past that you're good to go. As well, if you don't mind a 3km walk, there is a free parking lot. Just before you enter the park beach entrance there is a driveway to the Left (East). Take this to the parking lot, park, and take the boardwalk until the first set of stairs, then walk West along the beach for about 3 km. Note the dogs are not allowed outside the doggie area, so you may get a fine walking through the regular beach to get the the nude beach (though unlikely). This is also one of my fav. Ontario Parks, feel free to camp (then there is no admission fee to the beach!), and I strongly recommend "The Lighthouse" restaurant for dinner. Very food fish! (turn left off of Chatham Street to head into town, cross the bridge, turn Right at the stop sign. It's the big green building across from the ice cream shop)

jxavier
Forum Member

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  08:46:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spent a great week at Port Burwell this past week!

MitchLo

Posted - 06/08/2009 :  10:22:08 AM  Show Profile  Click to see MitchLo's MSN Messenger address  Send MitchLo a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone been to Port Burwell this year? Is anyone planning on going? I am looking for a good place to go that is not too far away .... Places near Burwell and Long point would be ok ... I just need to know where to go!!!

alancarnocahn

Posted - 06/08/2009 :  5:06:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The nude beach at Port Burwell is west of the provincial park beach, park in parking lot #5(entrance fee to the beach area of the park is around $10 or you can purchase a season pass) and when you get to the water head west (turn right) and it is a good 20 minute walk to get out of the park and on to private propety which is marked with signage. If it is a nice day you will have no problem seeing that you are in the right spot!! There are people there every day of the week if the sun is shining.
Forget about Long Point - way too many bugs and the walk is a good 45 - 50 minutes from the day use area if you are not camping there. And in the past 10 years I have never seen more than a handful of peole there and they where all back in the bushes hiding.

a_stallion

Posted - 06/28/2009 :  02:08:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup was at Port Burwell last week & had a great time...I'd love to chat with the nice lady that had the squirt gun water fight. I certainly loved how she soaked my entire body with water...

nude rock

Posted - 06/29/2009 :  08:21:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anyone tell me what to expect at Port Burwell. It will be our first time at a nude beach and want to act appropriate. At what point should we take our clothes off?

WHASP

Posted - 06/29/2009 :  4:51:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and i where at Port Burwell beach this past Saturday for the first time.
We also had questions but headed out, you will find the park boundry sign then after that there was alot of people stripped down. I was surprised at the length of the nude beach and there is lots of room to set up you own little area. Everyone was very friendly, We had such a great first experience we are planning to go back this Sun.
I would go early as we got there about 10:30am and the beach was already very busy

nude rock

Posted - 06/29/2009 :  8:43:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks WHASP

My wife would like to know what the gender mix was.

WHASP

Posted - 06/29/2009 :  10:04:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi nude rock
There was a good mix mostley older couples, we did notice about 10- 15 single guys but they kept to themselves reading or just sunning, Age range from 25 - 70s.
Also the day we where there 2 families with kids they all played and had a great time.
I did not notice any singles guys cruising the beach lookin at all. It was a very easy going day. My wife and I are mid 30s and had ony been to a clothing optional beach in Mexico before last Sat.
We felt very comfortable the hole day and did not feel out of place, It looked like the newbies stayed at the begining of beach 100 yards or so past park boundy signs and the seasoned groups where down alittle farther.
This is only my thought. I think Sun we are going to go about half way down and see how it works.Are you newbies as well?

nude rock

Posted - 06/29/2009 :  11:18:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi WHASP

nude rock

Posted - 06/29/2009 :  11:28:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi WHASP
Thanks for that great info.
We are planning on going next week and that will be our first time at a nude beach. I'm looking forward to it but the wife is a little nervous.
Should you take your clothes off as soon as you enter the nude part?

jxavier
Forum Member

Posted - 07/02/2009 :  09:58:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have been to the nude beach at Port Burwell for some years. My wife was VERY self-conscious the 1st time, and wouldn't get nude (which was not a problem). However, after experiencing the beach and discovering how everyone was just very friendly and natural and not at all creepy, she now walks the beach nude. It helps that the beach is primarily populated by middle-aged couples or older, and so there is no intimidation factor concerning one's body.

We have also been to Black's Beach in San Diego, which is reputedly the best US nude beach, and we feel that Port Burwell is a very good alternative here in the Great Lakes region.

ragewars911

Posted - 07/18/2009 :  5:55:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi is anyone going to be at Port Burwell August 22/2009 weekend??

ragewars911

Posted - 07/24/2009 :  7:11:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scoop2365

Hello everyone. A couple of weeks ago my friends and I went to Pottahawk by boat and we talked about the nude beach in Port Burwell.We were wondering if the beach was boat friendly. We are avid boaters and respectfull nudests. We have two large boats 25 foot and 30 foot. Firstley is there enough water for our boats to come in and secondly does anyone object. Please reply as summer is getting shorter.

Well I am not 100% sure but Port Burwell provincial Park has a Boat launch and I wouldn't object myself. Check the link
http://www.ontarioparks.com/ENGLISH/portb-facilities.html

K&J

Page: of 11 Previous Topic: Is There anywhere to be nude near Marathon Fl? Topic Next Topic: Cuba  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.16 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved