Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 145 ]  [ Total: 145 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Does your family know?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nude Exercise Topic Next Topic: Why American Seniors Dont Go Nude
Page: of 12

waytwofast
Forum Member

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  12:11:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit waytwofast's Homepage  Send waytwofast a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I live with my grandparents who were, before I moved in, Nudists. We however now do not walk around nude in front of each other however my grandparents have told me that I'm free to walk around in the nude if I so please.

"When you walk into the voting booth, I feel it wise for you to ask yourself one thing... Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago..." - Ronald Reagan

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  9:13:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
waytwofast what are you waiting for, I bet if you started walking around nude your grandparents would see that you were ok with nudism and return to their nudist ways. You must be ok with it to as you are a forum member here, why don't you surprise them at dinner one night and come to the table nude.

capecodjack
Forum Member

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  10:52:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a newbie. Only one visit to a local club. I have been a closet naturist for many years. I have slept nude for ever. My wife sleeps nude also. She is not sure about the whole thing. She has said she will visit with me once to check it out. We told a mutual friend (my wifes friend since 1st grade) she approves. She said she may come with us. My sister has been told as she boarded a plane so I don't really have a feedback from her. My kids know that I have started an exercise regime where I ride a stationary bike in my basement nude. (I started at fifteen minutes and am up to thirty minutes). I tell people that at my age; ( four score minus months) that it's part of my "bucket list".
1. Go to a nudist venue
2. Get a tatoo
3. Buy green bananas
4. Will you all fill in this for me?

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  11:36:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by waytwofast

I live with my grandparents who were, before I moved in, Nudists. We however now do not walk around nude in front of each other however my grandparents have told me that I'm free to walk around in the nude if I so please.

You have a great setup, Waytwofast!! Put it to use; you have the green light. Go for it!

"'Tis our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world."

George Washington

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  06:35:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you look back on your life it is not so much the things that you did that you regret it is those things you did not do. Go for it.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

agde
Forum Member

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  1:00:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by waytwofast
I live with my grandparents who were, before I moved in, Nudists...

waytwofast, the very first thing you need to do -- asap if you haven't already -- is to tell your grandparents that you think its cool that they are nudists, that you are not bothered in the slightest however they are dressed or not, and that they should just live as they normally would. It sounds like they are just trying to be considerate hosts, so the ball is in your court.

If you are feeling awkward about being nude yourself, tell them, they will understand, but in the meantime it is really important to let them know that for you it is no big deal what they wear or don't.

This is a good general point for the topic since "telling friends/family members" is often not so much a matter of "coming out" as just letting people know that you've grown out of being giggly or perturbed about seeing others nude or others seeing you nude.

Edited by - agde on 02/13/2009 1:28:12 PM

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  1:20:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
capecod your going to get sick eating green bananas especially riding that bike that goes nowhere, when you take your wife for her first visit you may tray the middle of the week when a club is less crowded and more laid back as sometimes the weekends are sometimes overwhelming.

Moontan
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2009 :  8:07:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife's family knows of my nude ways, my sister, maybe 3-4 at work and my wife(duh) daughter and son.

ttech

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  06:37:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and kids know, and a couple of close friends. My wife doesn't share my nudist ways, but she is ok with it even has oked a solo visit to a club!

flaguy

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  4:58:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my family doesnt know but i have a few friends who know and some of them come to my house and we just hang out naked

sharon52942
Forum Member

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  5:35:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm divorced. I told my son and his wife, they seem ok with it. I don't have any other family down here. I told some of my friends. I'm only nude at home right now, working up the courage to go to a c/o resort here in Fla.

prism2525
Forum Member

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  03:06:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my parents may suspect me of nudism, as they know i sleep nude all year round (winter = more blankets) but I really don't care in the slightest.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

"If God had intended mankind to run around naked, surely we'd have been born that way!"

oh, wait....

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 06/14/2009 :  3:08:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We have never made an official anouncement to our family, but some know and more and more each year find out. It's come to the point where more of our friends know than don't know.

Diger

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 06/21/2010 :  9:19:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More know now that I am a nudist. That term was never really used before. A few people, my adult children included, knew I slept nude and had skinny dipped before, but that was about it. My wife told my adult children and close family friend that she was taking me to a nude beach this past Saturday (she asked me if I minded first of course and I said "go for it"). My kids were not too shocked by it...they kind of suspected already and they were OK with it. Our friends on the other hand were shocked that we would do such a thing. They were not negative about it at all, it just caught them off guard. We saw them on Sunday and was hoping to discuss it a little more, but they had some relatives over (his parents and his aunt and uncle), so it was never discussed. My wife is going to see them tomorrow...just her and them, to have dinner. I'm currently traveling, so I won't be there. I will have to wait until I talk to my wife on Tuesday night to hear what was discussed and what they think about it. My wife even posted a note on her Facebook page that she helped fulfill a bucket list item for me (she wanted to make it seem like it was the first time for both of us -- it was for her and technically it was the first time for me too...going "with her" that is). She did not go into any more detail than that. We will have to see if anyone asks for more info.

prism2525
Forum Member

Posted - 06/26/2010 :  06:52:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I said above, my family may suspect something about it as I always slept nude these last 3 years or so, but do you think they know that I plan to move to the US/Australia, buy my own land, build a house in the middle and be nude all year as well? Well no, they don't know that.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

"If God had intended mankind to run around naked, surely we'd have been born that way!"

oh, wait....

Page: of 12 Previous Topic: Nude Exercise Topic Next Topic: Why American Seniors Dont Go Nude  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.18 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved