Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 93 ]  [ Total: 93 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Women - From the Feminine Point of View
 Nudism From a Woman's Viewpoint
 First time and I'm scared. Help?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: I like sleep naked, and you? Topic Next Topic: All Natural
Page: of 2

MaryJane

Posted - 11/25/2006 :  11:44:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. I will be going to a resort with a nudist portion in February. I have never been to one before and I'm terrified, but I don't want to miss the opportunity.

I am comfortable with my body and wouldn't be embarrassed. But I'm really afraid of receiving sexual attention. I am 23 and afraid I may be one of the "live nude girls" some libido-driven nudists go to see. I am completely not open to being approached, ogled, or photographed.

From a preferrably female perspective; do those things happen on a regular basis?

The resort I'm attending is the Grand Lido outside of Montego Bay in Jamaica. I know that it is adults-only. If anyone has any information on the sexual content of this particular resort or similar ones please let me know.

Also, I will be going with my boyfriend. We are not very publicly affectionate, and are not exhibitionists. However, the beach is romantic and we typically kiss casually and touch each other affectionately, but not sexually. Also, we like to float together embraced in the water, which I suppose could be mistaken for sexual action if we were naked. I believe this is all normal couple behaviour, and we do not "make out" in public.
Is this behaviour considered appropriate?

Thanks!

Edited by - MaryJane on 11/26/2006 12:12:58 AM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 11/26/2006 :  5:12:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mary Jane, As you stated, Grand Lido Braco is not a nudist resort or park. It's a clothed facility with a nude beach. When I last heard, you could walk between the nude beach zone and the beach, pool, sundeck complex. On their property, you are not likely to encounter those who would be overtly sexual. However, next door to GL is another less than g-rated establishment esp. after dark.

Nudists are not libido-driven people. They are just people who are more comfortable after a large meal since they have no belt to losen. Nudists generally are not voyeurs or exhibitionists.

There are quite a few resorts in Jamaica that do have nude beaches such as Club Orient.

Your boyfriend perhaps should have chosen something along the lines of Laguna del Sol near Sacramento or another actual nudist park or resort for your first time experience or perhaps Glen Eden in Ontario, CA or even Living Waters Spa in CA as well. Additionally, Cypress Cove in the Kissimmee, FL area is a good first visit choice. Your profile doesn't mention where in Canada so I cannot make a local recommendation for you.

Most truly nudist resorts are not sexual in nature. An occasional kiss is fine, a loving stroke on your back is fine. As you say, your floating might be misconstrued and might be better left for private time and public beaches.

Relax, enjoy, take a good sunscreen, beach hat with a large brim, and comfortable walking shoes, and you'll be fine.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 11/26/2006 5:16:37 PM

CMx2
Forum Member

Posted - 11/27/2006 :  01:49:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ditto to everything in the above post!

I would only add that if for some reason you do have a bad experience with someone, try not to hold it against the nudist community.

I always recommend a private well respected nustist resort for first timers (as this is what my wife & I did). This way you really don't have to deal with the worries you're having.

The chances are that you really have nothing to worry about. So just try not to think about it and just enjoy yourself. After the first half hour or so, you won't even feel naked anymore.

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 11/27/2006 :  2:58:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to echo Cheri's comments, nudists (aka naturists) simply find being clothes-free more comfortable. While clothing-optional is just what it means, locations that strongly encourage nudity can be much more 'g-rated' than Disney. Cheri is wise when she suggests limiting public displays of affection to anbything more than handholding or a chaste peck on the cheek. Anything else can be misconstrued.

I would also echo Cheri's comment that a first-timer can be most comfortable in a more closed and more secure environment. My general recommendation for people closer to California is Living Waters Spa, www.livingwatersspa.com very near Palm Springs, and about a two hour drive from LAX. On the East Coast, I have to agree that Cypress Cove (about 20 min from Orlando International Airport, MCO) is a a great place for first-timers. LWS is smaller--a mini-resort with only 9 guest rooms. Both places are highly respectful of guests and their comfort, and neither will tolerate anything other than the highest standards of behavior.

Ask your boyfriend to pop for a long weekend at either--my guess is you might get a little extra time away with him!

FabricFree

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  5:52:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi MaryJane:

Wife and I were at Braco last March. Our room was on the textile side but we spent all our time on the nude side. We never had a problem and never saw anyone have a problem being hit on. There were security people walking around regularly so you don't really need to worry about that or cameras. When you go be sure to try the jerk bar on the textile side, we thought it was some of the best food at the resort. Remember your sun screen and a hat; have a great time.

MaryJane

Posted - 11/29/2006 :  8:05:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks! I know that real nudists would be respectful, just worried about tourist males. We didn't choose this resort specifically for the nudist side; I have no problem being naked at home around my partner, but I've never been interested in nudism. It would just be a bravery-building experience. Looks like my boyfriend can not be convinced to swim nude in the ocean though. I asked him why not, and his exact words were: "Have you ever been fishing?"

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 11/29/2006 :  10:48:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Re: Fishing. Had to laugh.

At Club Orient, there are a hundred nude swimmers in the bay at any one time. The water is so clear, you can see the fish. Their interest level in appendages is low. I used to swim about half the length of the beach--about 3/4 of a mile--daily about 20 yards out from shore. Much more concerned about my feet on coral, etc.

You two will have a great time. Just remember to use lots of sunscreen, and reapply often.

FabricFree

Posted - 11/30/2006 :  5:50:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MaryJane, we are new to this board so I am not sure if this is proper; if you want more info on Braco and the experience you might also look at DennyP's board. Believe it is www.dennyp.com. That site focuses mostly on the Hedo's but it has a section on Braco with trip reports and visit calendar so you can connect online with others going the same time. Again, have a great time. After 15 minutes you will wonder why you didn't try it earlier. Then your only problem will be having to put on clothes.

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 12/01/2006 :  02:23:57 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Never known anybody to get bit yet.

Randy

CalTom
Forum Member

Posted - 12/01/2006 :  2:30:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MaryJane, you are not specific as to which Grand Lido you are going (Braco or Negril) but in either case you are going to one of the premier Super Clubs all-inclusive resorts. Be prepared to be be offered a staggering array of activities during the day and be pampered, wined and dined in some of Jamaica's best resort restaurants by night. In Negril there is a modest nude beach, not at all the wild and crazy affair just across the road over at Hedonism II. At a Grand Lido, nudity is offered but not the prime reason for staying. In a word: luxury.

http://www.superclubs.com

tgg
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2007 :  5:50:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit tgg's Homepage  Send tgg an ICQ Message  Click to see tgg's MSN Messenger address  Send tgg a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]
I am comfortable with my body and wouldn't be embarrassed. But I'm really afraid of receiving sexual attention. I am 23 and afraid I may be one of the "live nude girls" some libido-driven nudists go to see. I am completely not open to being approached, ogled, or photographed.

I don't know if you're still on this site, but nudist camps and clubs have got strict rules against hitting onto strangers. As for ogling, this rarely to never happens in a nudist setting. Once a person has seen what it is they want to see, there's nothing left to see. They have got to get to know the person's character, and this is why women often tend to be the strongest protagonists of nudism once they get into it.

quote:
From a preferrably female perspective; do those things happen on a regular basis?

Depends on the place. Some resorts allow cameras, others do allow public displays of affection, but no nude place universally puts up with any behaviour that is bound to make women uncomfortable.

'Fear wraps our bodies in clothing, love allows us to stand naked' - Neale Donald Walsch (Conversations With God 1)

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/26/2007 :  12:26:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I find that it's much easier if you assume your first visit will be fine, regardless of who you might bump into. A bit like economists who say --assume there is only 2% inflation next year.

When I took off my clothes at a nudist resort the first time, I disrobed in the parking area of the resort, and walked toward the swimming pool where everybody was. I was nude and they were nude. I again assumed that I would be accepted for who I was, and that things would proceed okay. It was possibly naive to do that since I didn't know anybody there, but in retrospect it was the best thing to do.

I think I felt more of a sense of gratitude that I found some people who though as I did about nudity. All these mental postering worked wonders for me as I walked over to various people and said my helloes. You might contemplate wanting to run into the nudist resort, feeling at long last you are going to meet others who also like being nude in a semi-public environment.

I think it might be possible that when we feel nervous about this, we fear our reactions in front of other people, or how they will perceive us, or how we perceive ourselves in a co-ed nudist place. One thing you might do is look for an older person or couple, (if you are young) and say hello to them.

We older folks have been through a lot over the years, and we just might, with good social skills and politeness, have a nice cheeful conversation with you, to make you feel accepted, and help you feel more relaxed, and at home. You might just make our day because you said hello to us!!

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  9:30:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Mary-Jane

For those of us who are considering going to a resort, what happened? I would be keen to know so I can talk about this with my wife before we go to try to allay any concerns like this.

Cheers, SBN.

Bero

Posted - 04/03/2010 :  3:59:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wanna try to be nude in public, I am always Naked in my home, but I don't know where in Montreal the nude beachs.

suraj_verma85

Posted - 04/30/2010 :  04:48:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello mary

I think you should enjoy your stay there.
As for touching your boyfriend is concerned I believe with so many nudists around you would not only feel like touching your boyfriend only but would most certainly try touching many others around.
Actually sex is very common form of nude living. You should also try having sex with five six men. my girlfriend tells me its far more enjoyable beingf***** by so many men as you get the feeling of being more desired.

Go have fun and sex

tgg
Forum Member

Posted - 04/30/2010 :  8:11:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit tgg's Homepage  Send tgg an ICQ Message  Click to see tgg's MSN Messenger address  Send tgg a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
suraj_verma85, you sir are a TROLL and a dirty old man. How the admins let you onto this forum I do not know. This thread and forum is NOT to endorse mass sex orgies. If you want that, then go to a swinger's club. Nudist clubs and beaches are not the places for that kind of behaviour.

'Fear wraps our bodies in clothing, love allows us to stand naked' - Neale Donald Walsch (Conversations With God 1)

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: I like sleep naked, and you? Topic Next Topic: All Natural  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.19 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved