Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 151 ]  [ Total: 151 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Unofficial Nude Beaches
 How do we keep our nude beaches?
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nude in Nevada Topic Next Topic: Salomon Beach, St. John, USVI
Page: of 3

The Bead Man
Forum Member

Posted - 04/28/2004 :  4:02:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit The Bead Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It sounds like a good idea to me.

It would be embarassing for the government if there were any attempts to harrass nudists at these sites.

Cheers!

David
"The Bead Man"
www.thebeadman.net

The Bead Artist formerly known as Revilo42

nudeboy
Forum Member

Posted - 04/29/2004 :  02:54:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do we keep our nude beaches ? - lots of different opinions. MY opinion is that on any beach, people should behave themselves so that everybody can enjoy the place.keep sexual behaviour out of public areas.A nude beach will attract zero attention if its used for its primary function -ie to allow people who enjoy social nudity to swim ,relax,etc.

spadoc
Forum Member

Posted - 04/29/2004 :  10:44:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At the risk of sounding like a broken record (now there's a dated cliche), the best thing we can do is to continue to promote our lifestyle as a mainstream alternative practiced WHERE APPROPRIATE. That means we have to respect the rights of those individuals who may be offended or wish not to participate. Be respectful, if the sign says "clothing required beyond this point" Respect that. I know there are those of you on this board who think we should "push the envelope" and be more "in your face", but I truly believe that this does ALL of us a disservice. I really think it's only fair that if we want to have the right to practice social nudism without government interference, we MUST also respect the rights of those who DON'T want to participate or those who for whatever reason may be offended. Education and negotiation should be our primary tools. Also, ZERO tolerance for those who violate or jeopardize our beaches and clubs with behaviour that confirms the imagined fears of those members of society who wish to do away with our beaches or clubs, or who wish to tell parents where they can send their kids to camp.

Walt

The Bead Man
Forum Member

Posted - 04/29/2004 :  11:06:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit The Bead Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just a thought - "Clothing Required/Nude Sunbathers May be Seen Beyond This Point" signs on beaches or in parks are a big improvement, in terms of acceptance, compared to the high walls of traditional nudist camps.

Such "colonies" - as perceived by the general population - practiced isolation for security, but presented a much higher barrier, both literally and figuratively, to newbies than a short walk past a sign. Nudist "Resorts" (the name of the group [!]) are also easier to try, as people are away from home. People may join camps later, but beaches provide a gateway through wall.

Cheers!

David
"The Bead Man"
www.thebeadman.net

The Bead Artist formerly known as Revilo42

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 04/29/2004 :  3:05:07 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Vera,
I'm no legal expert, but the legal structure here, as anywhere else, is very complex. The federal government does not, as far as I know, prohibit nudity overall by statute. In the case you cited about National Park use, those areas are under the direct jurisdiction of the (Federal) Park Service. So they can enact their own rules, policies and laws for land and areas under the direct control of the federal government. But they are not interested in local politics-at least in this issue. I would assume that it is because it is not a burning, constitutional human rights issue that would compel them to intervene. It seems to be one of the issues that they would rather let the local governments handle.

I can give you an example of how government works from personal experience. When I was a Hennepin County Sheriff's Water Patrol deputy here in Minnesota, I was based on Lake Minnetonka. We were (they are) to enforce federal, state, county, and local laws as well as US Coast Guard regulations, as they applied. There are 13 municipalities located around the shores of this large lake, and one corner of one bay that lies in another county. (There is a consortium of these municipalities designed to keep the ordinances on the water uniform, so water traffic laws can be enforced there, manned by reps from all the communities. The LMCD - Lake Minnetonka Conservation District.) We had our own book of laws that applied to specifically to that part of the county to guide us in proceedure, since so many jurisdictions were involved in our enforcement scope. The area of the lake that lies in Carver County is an area in which we had no jurisdiction. That was left to their deputies.

The more local a jurisdiction is, the stricter laws can be. In the predeeding example, we had municpal ordinances that were stricter than state laws. So what could not be done there, might be legal elsewhere in the county or the state. They can not be weaker than a higher level, but they can enact stricter local ordinances. Given this fact, it would be absolutely impossible for a state, county or city government to legally allow a nude beach if the federal government prohibits it. Yet some do. So there can't be a federal law prohibiting nudity. It may seem complicated, but if the chain of command, so to speak is followed, it is logical and orderly.

To give a rediculous simplified illustration:
The federal government could have no law against eating ice cream.
A state could restrict eating ice cream to only weekdays in their state.
A county in that state could allow ice cream use only during the evening hours, (but they could not allow it on weekends, since that is prohibited by state law).
A municipality in that state could add the restriction that only strawberry ice cream could be eaten on tuesdays, (but they could not allow its use on weekends or during the day, because of the restrictions of the higher governments.

I know that was a goofy fictitious example, but that's how it works.

Randy

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/01/2004 :  05:33:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Whew! Talk about complicated laws! Spa doc and nudeboy are right, we must be good stewards of the beaches, obey the laws, and practice oppropriate nudism. All it takes is one person out of a thousand to do something sexual at the beach, and all nude sun bathers are branded for that one incident.

Kim =^.^=

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 09/09/2005 :  8:48:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spadoc

At the risk of sounding like a broken record (now there's a dated cliche), the best thing we can do is to continue to promote our lifestyle as a mainstream alternative practiced WHERE APPROPRIATE. That means we have to respect the rights of those individuals who may be offended or wish not to participate. Be respectful, if the sign says "clothing required beyond this point" Respect that. I know there are those of you on this board who think we should "push the envelope" and be more "in your face", but I truly believe that this does ALL of us a disservice. I really think it's only fair that if we want to have the right to practice social nudism without government interference, we MUST also respect the rights of those who DON'T want to participate or those who for whatever reason may be offended. Education and negotiation should be our primary tools. Also, ZERO tolerance for those who violate or jeopardize our beaches and clubs with behaviour that confirms the imagined fears of those members of society who wish to do away with our beaches or clubs, or who wish to tell parents where they can send their kids to camp.

Walt

I'm cross-posting this from the Solomon Beach thread, because it seems to fit here just as well. We promote, and keep, nude beaches by BOTH (a) as Walt said, keeping our act clean, AND (b) enlightening others as to the benefits (including financial) of naturist resorts and beaches.

I've not been to St. John, but have visited St. Croix and a few other "saints" in the Caribbean. These islands live or die by the tourist dollar. It might be useful to develop a clear, tangible means of demonstrating the fiscal impact of naturist tourism, or the loss of it.
Some other outfits have done this in a number of ways. For instance, a festival I was once associated with wanted to overcome some local resistance to the annual onslaught of traffic and noise. A vocal minority of the residents were up in arms to ban the event. So the event coordinators paid all the staff, gave all the change, and paid the local vendors & contractors, in "Sacajeweya" golden dollars. For a few weeks, the local tills were FLOODED with golden coins; then the festival left, and the dollars died away. There was never another complaint about the festival. What would happen if a cruise ship of a few thousand naturists were to spend in a similar manner on St. Somewhere? Do you think the attitude might soften?
It doesn't have to be dollar coins. A few bundles of dollar bills stamped prominently with a slogan, akin to the "Where's George?" bit, could do the same thing.

Food for thought.....

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

Edited by - old hippie on 09/09/2005 8:49:08 PM

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Nude in Nevada Topic Next Topic: Salomon Beach, St. John, USVI  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.88 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved