Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 156 ]  [ Total: 156 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Unofficial Nude Beaches
 How do we keep our nude beaches?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nude in Nevada Topic Next Topic: Salomon Beach, St. John, USVI
Page: of 3

usvera
Forum Member

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  04:35:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit usvera's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank You

Now I understand what those terms mean... are you an attorney too..?

Bare Hugz... Vera, the Sun Devil

The Diablo Sun Devils... a nudist club primarily for the benefit of women everywhere..!

http://www.DiabloSunDevils.com

Devils@DiabloSunDevils.com

geojo
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2002 :  5:27:31 PM  Show Profile  Send geojo a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My wife and I visit an section or beach that is not an official nude beach,woods, but is as is Navarre Beach in the Panhandle of Florida. The beach at Navarre beach is county until you cross the county line and guess what? Your in federal property. The US Air Force owns the land and no law governs nudity on federal property. Have a great time. The other place I visit is Okaloosa Island situatied between Fort Walton Beach and Destin on the Bay side.This is also federal property and off limits to juristiction of state or local. On the bay side may are on the beach and woods and many on their boats. just friendly talk and sometimes more, but that's up to the individuals. This is a wonderful place an taking your boat to the shore brings you closer to the action and fun views. Who knows what y0ur interested, but you can view many type of actions or walk away if not interested.

george

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2002 :  6:46:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
George, You are definitely wrong about there being no laws regarding nudity on federal lands. It depends on what the Ranger of that location feels like doing. Some federal lands are given to municipalities to manage. Additionally in North Carolina, it is illegal to be nude even in the National Forests for the past 2 years.

Regards, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

james423
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2002 :  9:52:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
George:
I have to agree with Cheri. While there are no Federal laws prohibiting nudity on Federal Land (with the exception of one ordinance at Cape Cod, MA), the Federal Government allows Federal land to be governed by state and/or local law in many jurisdictions. Be sure to check that there aren't any state/local anti-nudity laws which cover this land before assuming that it's safe. Also, as has been discussed in this forum previously, the fact that it might be legal in a given location doesn't mean that you won't be arrested by a renegade official (only that the case against you won't be successful if you have adequate representation).

geojo
Forum Member

Posted - 10/28/2002 :  8:22:42 PM  Show Profile  Send geojo a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with you both and my mistake regarding the local ordinances on federal property. But as the last post noted it would be in the best intrest to obtain proper representation if prosecuted. There was a time when the local law came down hard on the beach near Navarre, but so far nothing on Okaloosa Island and must believe it's because of the tourist trade and the monies they bring. I'm just gald I have a boat in this area and we can go nude on it and not displaying to others.

george

cyndiann
Forum Member

Posted - 11/11/2002 :  6:10:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit cyndiann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi usvera,
Do you think you could make those pics just a little smaller? When you post one that big in a thread it makes it wider and I have to scroll side to side to read it which is a REAL pain.

Anyone else having that problem?

cyndiann
Forum Member

Posted - 11/11/2002 :  6:43:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit cyndiann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think I know why you two can't agree.
One of you is taking the "de jure" position, remaining within the four corners of the written law.
The other is asserting the "de facto" situation, based on what actually happens.

I believe james423 is correct in saying the federal laws are silent on nudity. Therefore, one would expect the government to remain neutral to the issue. However, as the drapes are pulled over Lady Justice and her bare breast, we see sometimes actions are taken without supporting law. "De facto" begins to rule over "de jure".

You make a good point. Unfortunately most in law enforcement do not know the law very well and sometimes if they can't find a law to charge you with they use another one that may not fit very well. Or look at Ashcroft who is totally ignoring our constitution and keeping people locked up with no charges and no legal representation(but that is getting off topic).
quote:

If I understand usvera correctly, even though SOME park rangers are tolerant of nudity, you are still liable to arrest if the political wind changes direction. After all, there are no laws SUPPORTING nudism. (Except perhaps the recent amendment to the W.Va. Constitution, recognizing AANR clubs as mainstream nudism.)

Well I know in the case of Canaveral National Seashore, the superintendant in charge of the park had to give that power to the local authorities, they couldn't just take it.

quote:

Both sides are correct, depending on how you look at the situation.

Also, I would respectfully request that everyone be polite to those they disagree with.

Now THATis a great idea!

Edited by - cyndiann on 11/11/2002 6:45:17 PM

cyndiann
Forum Member

Posted - 11/11/2002 :  7:01:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit cyndiann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I am sorry... I just don't beleive this at all..!

How do you think the wankers find the nudist beaches?? We've already lost quite a few beaches and more are lost every year. The number is going DOWN. Most people have no clue what "social nudism" is or how to act at a nude beach.

quote:

I think the more people that know the better... social nudism in the USA is becoming more popular than it has ever been... and many people just have no idea where to go.
It seems to me that the more people who know where they can go and be nude without being hassled or arrested the better... because more people WILL GO if they know where to go.

Most of the people that find out about the nude beaches aren't nudists. Those are the ones you say you see doing lewd things in front of everyone. Do you really want all those folks there?

lowteck53

Posted - 11/11/2002 :  8:47:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once a nude beach has been established say, Haulover or Blacks beach, one where officials are at least in agreement not to issue citations, the best way to keep those going strong is to respect the boundaries and never wander off the established areas designated for nude use.
If officials have to respond to complaints that naked people are walking over onto "their" beach then the easiest way to solve that problem is to close the offending beach taking with it all those who respected the boundaries designated for nude use.

panhandler
Forum Member

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  9:22:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nude Laws - Federal Land and California State Parks

From Online Guide to California Nude Beaches

Federal Land

There is no Federal law against nudity but neither is it a guaranteed right. This means that state, county and local laws can take precedence.

http://gocalifornia.about.com/bl_nb_legal_fdst.htm

mystic_seas92805
Forum Member

Posted - 07/21/2003 :  12:59:50 PM  Show Profile  Send mystic_seas92805 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
DEAR USVERA
THAT PICTURE OF YOU ON THAT BEACH HERE IN LAGUNA BEACH THE MOUNTAIN THAT SHOWS IN THE BACKGROUND LOOKS JUST LIKE CRYSTAL COVE IT IS A BEAUTIFUL BEACH WITH SOME SHADE AND A LITTLE KNOWN FACT THAT THERE IS A PRIVATE CLOTHES OPTIONAL BEACH IN LAGUNA HAVE NOT BEEN THERE YET BUT IT HAS BEAUTIFUL QUITE SEROUNDINGS

SINCERLY
MYSTIC_SEAS92805 WILLIAM

WILLIAM K. HASS

oracle

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  10:46:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit oracle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Now we're gettin to the stuff I like to talk about, the incredible inequity of laws from state to state regarding Public Nudity...

There is one state and one state only that exempts people from prosecution under the so called indecent exposure laws, that being Florida. Florida while allowing public nudity in aurhorized areas can be quite harsh on nudity in non-authorized areas. Under the current law for instance, you cannot be convicted of any crime based upon simple nudity on Haulover Beach. In America anyone can be arrested for anything anytime anywhere, thats why we have oversight of Law Enforcemetn agencies. Convicting...now thats a different story.

Florida Statute: 800.03
Exposure of sexual organs.

It is unlawful to expose or exhibit one's sexual organs in public or on the private premises of another, or so near thereto as to be seen from such private premises, in a vulgar or indecent manner, or to be naked in public except in any place provided or set apart for that purpose. Violation of this section is a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083. A mother's breastfeeding of her baby does not under any circumstance violate this section.

So...
..."There is 'NO PLACE' one can legally be nude 'IN PUBLIC' in the 'UNITED STATES OF AMERICA' without being subject to arrest for 'INDECENT EXPOSURE'... it is just that simple..!"

and

..."There is 'NO PLACE' one can be nude 'IN PUBLIC' in the 'UNITED STATES OF AMERICA' without being subject to arrest for 'INDECENT EXPOSURE'... it is just that simple..!"

are both wrong, owing to Florida's legal sanction of nudity in Public Places designated for Nude Recreation.

There are no Federal Laws Prohibiting Nudity, however the Federal Courts have long held the right of the National Park Service and managing agencies to form policy prohibiting nudity in federal parks as an obstruction to the free use of parks by others, and the Federal Parks services do in fact have policies prohibiting nudity as various Federal Park locations.

I have looked and not been able to find many State Laws that specifically prohibits simple nudity, (say, for the purpose of sunbathing) Arkansas does. Most of the state laws that I have read, grant authority to prohibit nudity to the County and Municipal Governments.

All 49 Non-Nude States regardless of how openly and freely the government and the local populations treat nude sunbathers, all have provisions to prosecute simple nudity as some type of crime ranging from indecent exposure, to lewd conduct and in Hawaii it can even be construed as sexual assault. Most of these 49 states have language that reads something like this. If you are naked in public, and someone sees you and you should know, that person or any person might be alarmed or disturbed you are guilty of a crime.

The language and enforcement of these "laws" is completely arbitrary. (Arbitrary being defined as no uniform application or enforcement of law) There is no consistent application of these laws in enforcing them or in judges adjudicating them.

So if you want to be naked, and free of the Hassles , your options are one of the designated nude public beaches in Florida, anywhere on a boat 3 miles offshore or better (outside any US Jurisdiction), or a private property. Interestingly Arkansas specifically prohibits nudity on private property.

Most of us who crave the sunshine on our naked bodies will find a way to get it without raising a fuss. It is this need for Social Nudism that drives us to push the envelope of public acceptance of nudity.

Alas I see I am responding to a post that is a year old...

at any rate I have to references realtive to legal issues.

First is a legal opinion from the legal counsel to the Corps of Engineers (managing all Federal Reservoirs and lakes)

The Corps seeks to promote use by the general public as prescribed in 16 U.S.C. § 460d. Nude sunbathing wo

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  6:23:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
oracle, excellent post!

Yes, some of our posts are over a year old. This is so that good informative comments like yours will remain visible indefinitely.

Nice research, I'm sure it will be helpful.

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  08:36:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we need updates to the statutes with the changing ideaology of the judicial system. happy to have someone aboard who can keep us informed. for the amateur, i believe that westlaw would have some basics, but the legal eagles here would know additional resources. again, thanks to oracle.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 04/28/2004 :  12:19:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Reprinted from the AANRGovernmentAffairs@yahoogroups.com newsgroup

Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 01:23:29 -0000

NWNA Officially Adopts Two Nude Beaches

Submitted by Shirley Gauthier, NWNA Government Affairs Chair

It's official! Northwest Nudist Association (NWNA) members have adopted two nude beaches!

The Adoption Agreement was made between SOLV, the Oregon State Marine Board's Adopt-A-River Program, and Northwest Nudist Association. NWNA members are registered as adopters of the Columbia River, Collins Beach, Sauvie Island, and Rooster Rock State Park Clothing Optional Beach Area in the Oregon River Registry.

SOLV representative Diane Millemann, from SOLV's headquarters in Hillsboro, presented the adoption certificates for Rooster Rock and Collins Beach on Sauvie Island to Mark Buchweitz and Shirley Gauthier today at the NWNA Spring Board Meeting. Diane mentioned that this is the first time ever that a nudist group has participated in the Adopt-A-River program.

The announcement was received so enthusiastically that plans are already in motion for the Willamettans Family Nudist Resort to adopt a 2-mile section of the Mohawk River, which runs near the resort.

In addition to beaches and rivers, individual nudists and groups can adopt creeks and favorite skinny-dipping holes.

Just what does this adoption mean? It means that we are working in partnership with SOLV and the Oregon State Marine Board to make a difference and contribute to preserving our environment. NWNA's responsibilities include cleanup projects and activities at least two times per year per beach, for a total of eight fun projects during the duration of this 2-year agreement.

NWNA Government Affairs Team (GAT) has been working with Mark Buchweitz, who is a regular at Rooster Rock and Sauvie Island, and generously offered to be the official NWNA beach contact. Mark recognized an opportunity and took the initiative to set the adoption in motion. He is a true "Friend of AANR."

In 1993 Oregon State Representative Peter Courtney partnered with the Oregon State Marine Board. HR Courtney sponsored a legislative bill creating Oregon Adopt-A-River. Eventually the Oregon State Marine Board teamed up with SOLV, creating this program that we are so excited to be a part of. Governor Tom McCall founded SOLV in 1961.

The following organizations are contributing to the success of this program: The Oregon Dept. of Fish and Wildlife, Oregon State Parks, Oregon Dept. of Environmental Quality, Bureau of Land Management, US Army Corps of Engineers and the US Forest Service.

This information is provided for education and community discussion. Nudist-Resorts.Org is not affiliated with The American Association for Nude Recreation (AANR).

[Admin's note: This looks like a good method to generate public (government) support for clothing-free beaches. Does anyone else have experience with adopting a beach?]

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Nude in Nevada Topic Next Topic: Salomon Beach, St. John, USVI  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.75 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved