Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 125 ]  [ Total: 125 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 How to educate your non-nudist family members
 Wife against it totally
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: nudism in front of 8 yo girl Topic Next Topic: Some suggestions
Page: of 5

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  2:28:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by b123igt

Cheri, it was Misty Hole Point, not the Bar-S

Misty Hole Point is very rustic. You might have been disappointed. Bar-S is a better choice for a first time visit and Carolina Foothills or Cedar Creek would be even better.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

illusion
Forum Member

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  3:57:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay after what 18 yrs of marriage my wife still is hot and cold concerning this. Somedays she is okay lets go. Other days its not on your life. It is funny though some times she will go naked around the house, or sleep nude. Other times she can't wait to get dressed. I think herself image is what is stopping her. But to me she is a knock out. She questioned me once about going on my own. I told her I would rather go with her. Not sure that is any help however. Because I am still waiting. No I do not push it. That just makes her mad and she moves to no way. Still I guess I can always hope she changes her mind.

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  5:07:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
b123igt, Great! Enjoy, enjoy! I've had nothing but good experiences there. I think it best to go on a relatively crowded day (Saturday, Sunday, holiday) because it is so easy to get lost in a crowd, but, anytime is good. There is some sort of activity every Saturday afternoon this time of year be it wine and cheese, steak cookout, volleyball tournament, nude olympics, etc. You can hike, swim, boat, fish, play pool and even play golf on a primitive course.

Best Wishes, Jim

b123igt

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  7:22:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri,
In my search I came across Twin Oaks Camground in Bonlee, NC. I found through e-mailing them they are a "male only" club. What do you know about them???

gbanude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  09:59:27 AM  Show Profile  Send gbanude an AOL message  Send gbanude a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by illusion

Okay after what 18 yrs of marriage my wife still is hot and cold concerning this. Somedays she is okay lets go. Other days its not on your life. It is funny though some times she will go naked around the house, or sleep nude. Other times she can't wait to get dressed. I think herself image is what is stopping her. But to me she is a knock out. She questioned me once about going on my own. I told her I would rather go with her. Not sure that is any help however. Because I am still waiting. No I do not push it. That just makes her mad and she moves to no way. Still I guess I can always hope she changes her mind.

Illusion,
Sounds exactly like my situation! 10yrs ago I showed her Nude and Natural magazine and even went to the edges of Gunnison, NJ. She finds all of it simply odd. She is very fair and has lived in sunblock all her life. She loves the sand and surf, but nudism has no appeal to her. She's always cold. I'm 1/2 dressed and she's covered up. She will occasionally sleep nude and have no problem in the bed or bath, also in front of our 5 and 7 yo girls. When our girls become more self sufficient I have a feeling I'll be going someplace for the weekend without them. Might be difficult for a unattached male. She tells me go right ahead, but I get the guilts. I take care of house and home and she is the primary bedwinner.
GBA

mugwert
Forum Member

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  11:46:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hang in there, After talking to my wife, and her posting her fears here (see reluctant nudist) she got a lot of really good feedback and has now agreed to start going to the co hot springs in the area with me, but she will be in a bikini. So, now I have someone to go with and the hope that she will one day go nude.

Hang in there there is always hope

illusion
Forum Member

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  1:07:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gbanude, mugwert,

I actually have hope. She has switched form totally against it to maybe. But it has taken a long while to reach maybe. Oh shortly after we got married she stopped thinking of me as some perp. But to actually possibly embrace going took a long time. She is not fully there yet. That is what gives me hope. On the down side she gets extremely neverous. And I think another thread here told me why. She may feel threatened by this. I have to give kudos to some of the other for that. So I just have to wait it out some more and give her some more time. And see where it goes. I guess any good thing is worth the wait.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  4:54:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Cheri,
In my search I came across Twin Oaks Camground in Bonlee, NC. I found through e-mailing them they are a "male only" club. What do you know about them???

I know nothing about it. It may be for gays; I can contact a friend of mine if you'd like me to. For a first time experience, I can thoroughly recommend Whispering Pines or Carolina Foothills or Cedar Creek or even Jasmine Trail, all in the Carolinas and all affiliated with TNS and AANR.

If your wife is starting to give in, she can wear a pareo (sarong) or a long tshirt and no one will make a comment.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

b123igt

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  07:28:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did my first post on August 11. I have decided to go it alone. As a married single I have found that it is difficult to just go to any club because of the ratio of men to women. I have been reading that there are so many more men than women embracing the nudist lifestyle.
B123igt

Edited by - Moderator on 09/24/2007 5:24:57 PM

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  6:06:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I did my first post on August 11. I have decided to go it alone. As a married single I have found that it is difficult to just go to any club because of the ratio of men to women. I have been reading that there are so many more men than women embracing the nudist lifestyle.
B123igt

As a lone male, I visit the BarSRanch (north of Greensboro) and so far have been welcome. Nice place. I telephoned/emailed Coventry and Pamlico Pines (now under new ownership) and both replied I would be welcome anytime. I understand the same would be true at Carolina Foothills in SC. I emailed the resort near Richmond (White Tail?) and they responded no way Jose in a unfriendly manner. I could say more but the Moderator would edit the comments out. (Moderator is a person of goodness and clean living, I must be a person of evil and hate.)

Best Wishes, Jim

juddo01

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  02:51:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a quote from another site which as we discovered is more voyeuristic to say the least but the author is on the money. My wife and I discussed the post and she couldn't have agreed more and it has made her feel a lot more comfortable with becoming a nudist.

Here is the quote:

[i/]"I note from this, and other, forums that the womenfolk seem to be more reluctant participants in naturism.

Has anyone any theories on why this is?

Are we bombarded so much with images and information about "the perfect woman" that most women feel inferior to the idealised woman?

Or is it because men learn to be comfortable with nudity earlier in the confines of same sex sports changing rooms?

I have a theory: bottoms are bottoms -all pretty much the same- and few of us would be terribly embarrassed by our bottoms being 'exposed'. In fact, with thongs and posing pouches prevalent on textile beaches it seems that few textiles have any hang-ups about this part of their anatomy.

So, none of us -textile or naturist- care much about our own bottoms being exposed.

Breasts: mens nipples have been exposed for so many decades that it's no longer an issue. It's what they do. Which leaves only the genital area the difference between textile and naturist men.

Men fret about the 'size' of their equipment. Too long, short, fat, thin, circumcised, uncut.

But women fret about the size of their breasts. Too large, small, saggy, inverted nipples or what have you. Despite this many, many women will choose to go topless, at least on holiday. They, increasingly, are over that size hang up and will readily go topless.

For me, it seems that all women have only really got left to fret about is their genital area which will be exactly the same as any other womans, except in the pubic fashion stakes, shaved, trimmed or natural.

So why the female hang up about this last little triangle of fabric? Why can't women make the leap to embrace naturism as readily as their menfolk?

In losing our briefs, it seems that men should have MORE to make the transition difficult, in fretting about size and so on, yet they -you all here- seem to be quite relaxed about your genitalia publically displayed.

The reticence of many women wouldn't be to do with leering or ogling men, would it?

I think that it probably is the last major hurdle for many, many more women to embrace naturism more readily. I think it's probably to do with being regarded as objects rather than equals that is holding back naturism from becoming the natural choice of beach, sunbathing or swimming lifestyle for the world.[/i]

Rather good ?

agde
Forum Member

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  6:41:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the pleasure this summer of contributing to a change in attitude inside a husband-enthusiast and wife-never couple. It was by accident at a dinner party during an out-of-town work trip and I had no prior knowledge of the domestic drama. The wife happened to join our three-person after-dinner chat group. We were discussing hobbies and the passion of my co-chatter -- ping-pong -- exchanging serving strategies. "So do you have a ping-pong table at home," the wife asked. "No," I said, "They have a couple outdoor tables in the shade near the concession stand out at our sunclub. So we play for paying rounds of cokes." "Outdoor ping-pong?" the ping-pong expert exclaimed. "A little breeze and you can get some very interesting top-spin shots," I laughed.

Awhile later when I was refreshing a coffee, the wife got me one-on-one and asked me more about "the sunclub." I told her where it was and how it was a sort of little garden of Eden, a haven where we could leave all the cares behind, and just a fun group of interesting people. "A sunny afternoon there and I feel like I've been on a two-week holiday." "But nobody wears clothes?" she asked "Isn't it weird? The people aren't kind of weirdos?" "Actually it feels more like a church picnic, or like the song where one kid falls down and seven mothers run to the rescue," I smiled "Why?" She then briefed me on the ongoing domestic discussion. I just listened and answered questions. We talked about how naturism started as a health movement, about adding nudity to one's wardrobe as just the ultimate form of casual attire that let's the body really breathe, about how people treat each other the same as if clothed except that naturists tend to be especially protective and polite, about the gzillion body types, gender as just one trait, body acceptance versus grooming, etc. Whew! I even quoted Cheri a couple times -- thanks Cheri!

We were interrupted by the voice of her husband, "So what are you guys talking about so intently?" he said walking up. "Oh, just holidays," I said, "I am trying to get you guys to France. Are you going golfing in Florida again?" The next day he rang me to thank me for talking with her. I subsequently heard that they had enjoyed a holiday at - - in Tampa and that he'd given into her long-time desire to learn ballroom dancing together.

Edited by - agde on 10/09/2007 7:08:55 PM

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  1:47:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
mjasp,
There are several threads. This is one of the best.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Calbob
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  2:29:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One idea for convincing a reluctant wife to at least try a nudist club is to see if she will agree to go and stay just two hours. At the end of the two hours, she will make the decision as to whether you stay or leave. I have heard that this approach has been successful for some couples. It just depends on how open-minded the lady is.

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/20/2008 :  2:21:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
b123igt, Your right, in your observation as to the ratios of males to females in this lifestyle and the reluctant partner issue is one we are trying to figure out.I have the same story and she tolerates&accepts the fact she married a nudist so it wasn't a surprise at all.Even in my teens many females weren't at all interested or even would go to c/o beach or resort just to see what it was all about,it was so TABOO! The subject would drop fast.I was fortunate the club accepted singles before marriage and even after, very rarely she visits and they require couples both join, so membership in AANR too as a couple, hopefully, like many say patience is a virtue and i really think she'll decide when she's ready to go nude too someday. She knows how much i enjoy it and iam sure she will too!

go n nude

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: nudism in front of 8 yo girl Topic Next Topic: Some suggestions  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.56 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved