Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 158 ]  [ Total: 158 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Women - From the Feminine Point of View
 Nudism From a Woman's Viewpoint
 Women Nudists
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Going Grey Topic Next Topic: Getting her to try nudism
Page: of 6

nudeisbetter
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  1:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't really care that much, but I don't really need pictures of me published. I work with clients and it's easier not to have to fight the common misconceptions of nudism by just avoiding the whole topic. To each their own...

HannahB
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  1:36:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit HannahB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VLM34

quote:
Originally posted by Hannah B

VLM, my God! It's an issue of control of your own body! So maybe honeysuckles frineds would not see it on some sleazy web site - but eeeeewwwwww! What about all the weirdo's that do??

I have yet to go to a nude beach, but when I do, i don't mind the idea of people seeing my body, or even being attracted to my body. But I WOULD like to control who sees it!

You can't, except perhaps within your own well fortified home.

When clothed among others, I doubt you're concerned about who sees you, who is or isn't attracted to you, who is or isn't a weirdo, or what someone may or may not be thinking. You react only to what others say or do.

When nude among others, why should any of that change?

As nudists, we believe that there are no special body parts, that a breast or a butt is no different from a nose or a knee, that none of them must be concealed from view.

Don't we?

I'm not sure where you are going with this, and I don't want to get into an argument. I'll just say I can certainly understand why someone would be leery of having a nude photo of themself published on the web without there knowledge, consent, or control.....even if they are a nudist

VLM34
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  6:17:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hannah, I don’t want an argument either. I respond only because your remarks are so typical of those who haven’t been nude at a beach or other fully public place.

My wife and I (often with our kids and their guests) have spend literally thousands of hours nude at such places (in the United States and half-a-dozen other countries) over nearly 30 years. As far as we know, we’ve never been photographed without permission. As far as we know, no unauthorized pics of any of us have appeared on the web, in magazines, or elsewhere. If any have, they’ve never been mentioned by friends, neighbors, colleagues, etc.

In short, as far as we know, our ‘privacy’ has never been compromised. We know for sure that we’ve suffered no harm. Incidentally, those two statements apply to every nudist we know, and we know hundreds of them.

Yes, there are horror stories, a few of which actually happened. The real cases are rare. The real cases in which the subject suffered any harm worth mentioning are even rarer. Quite simply, the odds of you being photographed are very low. If you were to be photographed, the odds of you being harmed by it – or even mildly embarrassed by it - are even lower.

I assume you drive a car, and ride in them too. The odds of a crash are far higher, and the consequences you’d suffer far more serious and far more lasting, than anything that might happen with cameras and nude beaches. Yet, you keep driving. You’ve decided the rewards outweigh the risks.

The difference, I think, is that cars are familiar and nude beaches are not. With no intent to be accusatory or insulting, I suggest you consider the possibility that it’s all fear of the unknown.

It certainly was for us.

publ2000
Forum Member

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  10:41:27 PM  Show Profile  Send publ2000 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Just had to agree with something that was said earlier, yeah, a lot of guys are pigs, not all, but a lot of them. lol, sorry, had to say that.

OLD BUZZARD
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  5:18:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It always seems that there is a BAD apple in every box,trying to spoil the rest.sure need to keep an eye out for them,and get them thrown out. Please be kind and and think of others.treat other people like you want to be treated.lets show a little respect for others............old buzzard

not as good as i once was..........DAMMIT

publ2000
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  5:38:00 PM  Show Profile  Send publ2000 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, sorry about that last comment, just messing around, but to add to the conversation, I think it is a little more difficult for women because of the fact that there are some many more men than women nudists. I think the best way to get more women is to break the idea of the common misconceptions.

agde
Forum Member

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  12:32:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB
...To your point honeysuckle about men and women being equally inclined to go nude, in my experience, more women would like to do it then men. We feel so constricted by society (we can't be topless, we have to reserved about sexuality), that taking your clothes off is the ultimate way of fighting back and taking control!

Way back when, I meant to respond to Hannah with an anecdote from last summer. At a sunclub I was visiting in the eastern US, a half-dozen or so university-age women showed up as a group. It was so clear that they felt comfortable and were just enjoying a pleasant outing together that, if it weren't for their having gotten the newbie tour, I would have assumed they were regulars. My friend at the reception said they told her it was the first time for all of them. There is something about naturism that is really in tune with this generation of women.

Although I don't carry around a sign, many people at the university where I teach know that I am a "free beach" sort of person. It dawned on me recently that all but one of the people who have asked me about naturism in the last few months have been university-age women. So I've made a mental note to have a reflex now to put any women who show interest in touch with each other. Perhaps trying it out together or as a group handles many of the issues that might cause individual women to hesitate?

n/a
deleted

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  1:30:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is something about naturism that is really in tune with this generation of women.

With mine as well. I don't think there's a built-in gender or age bias to enjoying the sun and wind on your body. Women as a whole have traditionally been more reluctant to act on it, for reasons that have already been pointed out. But I do think it's true that women are becoming less inhibited and less inclined to be so fearful in all aspects of their lives, not just naturism. Especially younger women. I totally applaud them for that.

In my opinion, this sort of thing has been the real point of the "women's movement" of the past few decades. It's never been about bashing men or any such silliness ... it's been about losing fears and inhibitions that have no place anymore.

If you don't like my profile picture, then use whiteout on your monitor.

nude charles
Forum Member

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  4:42:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Right on, Honeysuckle.

grimtim

Posted - 08/16/2009 :  5:59:45 PM  Show Profile  Send grimtim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
There is no reason to be nervous about being Nude. We all have the same parts. Who cares, about a persons weight. in all reality, we ar all equal. What really about a human body is there to make fun of? Get real.

Tim Sykora

CarrieAnne

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  12:07:32 PM  Show Profile  Send CarrieAnne an AOL message  Send CarrieAnne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It's nice to see so many men on here who want to help us women feel more comfortable about attending a nudist resort/beach. I am newer to the lifestyle but I see why women are leery. The problem is that the American culture is more biased toward women. The fact that women still cannot breast feed in public is an example of this. Men can go shirtless & show their nipples but we cannot. Because the general public links breasts with sex we cannot do something as innocent as feed our child. What is a normal & natural thing for a woman to do for her child is made to be 'dirty' instead of glorious. It's not fair but the men who make rude/lewd commments or masturbate to a nude woman at a beach doesn't help matters. Usually whenever I talk to a man about being a nudist the first thing he mentions to me is that I must be pretty sexual. So many people (men & women alike really) just don't get it. They can't unlink nudity from sex. Until this kind of thinking changes women will feel a bit shy about 'exposing' themselves. Again I am glad to see that you men are concerned about us & I thank you for it!

~CarrieAnne~

Edited by - CarrieAnne on 04/27/2010 12:09:19 PM

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  9:16:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
First I want to welcome you to the Forum Carrie Anne,
I agree with you and I wish others could understand and as you put it, be able to get it.

You talked about still not being able to breast feed in public, but things were not always like that. My grandmother and her generation would breastfeed where they needed to, it was just a part of life. My mom told of ladies breastfeeding in church services and it was accepted cause it was normal. In those days large families shared few rooms and casual nudity could not be helped.

The better things get the worse they become ... LOL

Diger

Edited by - Diger on 04/27/2010 9:16:54 PM

sunflower
Forum Member

Posted - 04/30/2010 :  4:50:30 PM  Show Profile  Send sunflower an AOL message  Click to see sunflower's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I am a new member to this forum, female in my 60´s living in Portugal. I have been a naturist for most of my life, have always slept nude, used clubs in the UK as well as beaches together with my late husband. Have stayed at Costa Natura in Spain etc. To me it has always been natural, however, I now find myself a widow but late last year after not going to a beach or doing anything else naturist, purely because of being alone, I decided ´what the hell´ and off I went to my local naturist beach, which I might add is tolerated and not legal. For a few times lying on the beach alone, I was fine, then one day whilst I was reading, I heard a cough, looked up and a man had come quite close to me and was masturbating, ok I can handle this but a lot of younger women or someone new to naturism would not. I will still go to the beach on my own but do prefer someone with me, incidentally hoping it may give some women confidence, I have had breast cancer and only have one breast but yes I am still body confident.

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 04/30/2010 :  6:06:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the group Sunflower. I am pleased that you were not discouraged by your surgery. An acquaintance in Florida had a tattoo of a butterfly applied over her scars after having similar surgery. I'm not a big tattoo fan, but it does look very nice.

With regard to the idiot you encountered on the beach, I believe women should have the right to shoot guys like that. It would make the world a better place.

I hope you'll continue to post here so we can enjoy your company.

Bill in Cincinnati

Nudists are everywhere, but they're hard to identify with their clothes on.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 04/30/2010 :  9:32:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sunflower

I am a new member to this forum, female in my 60´s living in Portugal. I have been a naturist for most of my life, have always slept nude, used clubs in the UK as well as beaches together with my late husband. Have stayed at Costa Natura in Spain etc. To me it has always been natural, however, I now find myself a widow but late last year after not going to a beach or doing anything else naturist, purely because of being alone, I decided ´what the hell´ and off I went to my local naturist beach, which I might add is tolerated and not legal. For a few times lying on the beach alone, I was fine, then one day whilst I was reading, I heard a cough, looked up and a man had come quite close to me and was masturbating, ok I can handle this but a lot of younger women or someone new to naturism would not. I will still go to the beach on my own but do prefer someone with me, incidentally hoping it may give some women confidence, I have had breast cancer and only have one breast but yes I am still body confident.

A confident and courageous woman!

Congratulations on your surviving breast cancer and here's to many more years of the naturist life.

Incidently...if I were at the beach during the time of the idiot behaving less than gentlemanly...he would have gotten a stearn talking to and maybe some sand on his crotch!

Page: of 6 Previous Topic: Going Grey Topic Next Topic: Getting her to try nudism  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.32 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved